View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    So to throw the conversation in a slightly different direction I'd like to ask a few questions to all you good folk.

I'm 23 years old, young finance/business professional. I currently use a Galaxy S3, I've been looking to come back to BBRY but the lack of apps ecosystem has me worried i'll miss something on my Android. I'm waiting for the 10.2 update to come out to re-evaluate my position with regards to the device. I'm looking at the z10, but by the time 10.2 comes out, the A10 will be coming out and Jan 2014 will be when the successor of the z10 is likely due.

My question to all of you, how many of your are in this boat, or no someone who is. I've handled the z10/bb10 devices. Navigation is flawless, intuitive and damn well ahead of iOS & Android. However there is a polish about the android/ios systems I feel it is missing.

Do you think many people on the fence are waiting for news on the Jelly Bean emulator? Are people waiting for Aristo? Are there any polls on current public opinion on BB?

On the cusp of what is expected to be a great ER, we should be looking long-term. Devices, Service/subscriber restructuring and future business opportunities (QNX cars, software, laptop/tablet variants).

BBRY has great potential, I'm just looking for the thoughts on their future, it seems the clouds blocking the sun are slowly dissipating each day but with that, whats the picture look like?

Thanks for everyone's awesome contributions.

P.S - I am looking/have been looking at the z10 for a long while. Feedback much appreciated.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-25-13 10:43 AM
    do you think they may mention anything about the aristo in ER? or is that a separate topic for BB? The idea of more real estate is starting to appeal to me, although i don't quite know how hard it will be to fit into my jeans
    Hard to fit anything in your jeans when your flag is at full mast.
    06-25-13 10:47 AM
    We are not discussing about the few who left (try to name a real significant portion ...) but about those who will join the parade.
    More ? The new customers will pay for the license; add this to the pile !
    60% of fortune 500 are using or trialling BES10.

Weren't something like 80-90% of fortune 500 using BES 2 years ago?

The Secure Workspace offering for iOS and Android should have no trouble keeping SR flatlined if not increasing within 3 more quarters.
    06-25-13 10:47 AM
    Hard to fit anything in your jeans when your flag is at full mast.
    LOL. Trying...sooooo....hard....not .....to....laugh.....at ......work.

*Failed*
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    06-25-13 10:48 AM
    Or they sit on their hands until their investment houses load up on the stock, and only then a Buy is issued
    Beat me to it. This EXACTLY.
    06-25-13 10:50 AM
    Love my Z...10.1 fixed a whole whack of bugs and made the device allot better...10.2 will likely raise the bar some more. There is always a "next best thing" coming around the corner...and it's BB. Good luck.
    bungaboy and Compaqee like this.
    06-25-13 10:50 AM
    So to throw the conversation in a slightly different direction I'd like to ask a few questions to all you good folk.

I'm 23 years old, young finance/business professional. I currently use a Galaxy S3, I've been looking to come back to BBRY but the lack of apps ecosystem has me worried i'll miss something on my Android. I'm waiting for the 10.2 update to come out to re-evaluate my position with regards to the device. I'm looking at the z10, but by the time 10.2 comes out, the A10 will be coming out and Jan 2014 will be when the successor of the z10 is likely due.

My question to all of you, how many of your are in this boat, or no someone who is. I've handled the z10/bb10 devices. Navigation is flawless, intuitive and damn well ahead of iOS & Android. However there is a polish about the android/ios systems I feel it is missing.

Do you think many people on the fence are waiting for news on the Jelly Bean emulator? Are people waiting for Aristo? Are there any polls on current public opinion on BB?

On the cusp of what is expected to be a great ER, we should be looking long-term. Devices, Service/subscriber restructuring and future business opportunities (QNX cars, software, laptop/tablet variants).

BBRY has great potential, I'm just looking for the thoughts on their future, it seems the clouds blocking the sun are slowly dissipating each day but with that, whats the picture look like?

P.S - I am looking/have been looking at the z10 for a long while. Feedback much appreciated.
    I have tried both Q and Z units and found the hardware to be very good. The software is also very good considering it to be so young.

I am waiting for the A10 which should be late this year to possibly pry my iPhone from my hands. The Blackberry software should be a tad more mature when the A10 arrives, too. If you are tired of your S3 and want a change the new Blackberrys should make most happy. Give it a try as you can always take it back
    Bugmapper, bungaboy and Compaqee like this.
    06-25-13 10:51 AM
    I have the z10. Love it! plan on getting a Q10 for my business phone in August when I am eligable for an upgrade. As for the waiting... In this day and age nobody waits for a new phone to come out. When people are eligable they go out and get the greatest thing thats out at the time. I personally believe blackberry has all the apps a business professional as yourself needs. Do you really have time to play games while your at work?? My fiance has an iphone and when I handle it I give it right back. If anything the iphone and android are the ones that is missing something..... INNOVATION!

Take the dive and enjoy the z10/Q10. You won't regret it
    morganplus8, bungaboy and Compaqee like this.
    06-25-13 10:51 AM
    Hello all, first post in this thread, been reading you folks for a while though, I am long BB, of course, and I also can smell the squeeze coming!!

Was wondering if they would downplay subscriber base since BB users moving from BB7 to BB10 will no longer bring in revenue, so the stat is not as relevant anymore, and may actually potentially hurt them. Having said that, if they calculate subs as including BB10 owners that have register a BB ID, it does show market penetration, somehow, to some extent? How do you think Blackberry should play this one?

JF
    06-25-13 10:52 AM
    Regarding big announcements at the ER... I believe I said this before the last one, and I believe I turned out to be right: they don't usually make big announcements then, certainly not in the report itself, and I don't recall any major ones ever showing up in the conference call either.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. My expectation is for things relating to the past quarter's numbers and maybe some ballpark guidance on their expectations for the next quarter or rest of the year, but nothing more. If there is big news it will be coming out before then, just like the Secure Work Space stuff today. Or maybe next week or later... who knows what strategy they might have, maybe to alleviate concerns about certain metrics (e.g. subscriber drop, or bigger fall in BBOS sales than expected).

Posted via CB10
    Last E.R wasn't ready for enterprises (no BES10). As stated a few pages ago, I think the 18K BES10 installations and - hopefully - their non BB generated incomes may be a very strong signal ... and many to scratch their head, moaning "H3||, how did we missed that ?" ... then run to push the button. So no "big announcement", but can be certainly very big news about performance ...
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-25-13 at 11:46 AM.
    06-25-13 10:53 AM
    I did my best with yesterdays post to get as many of you BB supporters to load up while it's still under $20. This mornings news just confirms that BB is attacking the mobile market from all angles. The shorts in Silicon Valley are seriously starting to sweat. The trolls are out in force this morning. The fake BBM app blew up in the shorties faces. Apparently they had almost 100k in clicks before it was pulled by Google. This is a buy and hold stock! The short analysts are already saying that although this report may be good, the next quarter will be tough. Absolute bull cookies. They also want you to think that the only reason why BB sold so many phones in this last quarter was because of you and I upgrading our phones ... no new clients. Absolute bull cookies. BB management has for some time now taken the position that they don't respond to market rumours. In my mind this is laying out the perfect short trap. The trap is going to snap shut real soon ... SNAP! Listen for the SNAP on Friday morning ... can't wait. Yes, it is true, as one of you had already mentioned this morning ... analysts tend not to put a buy rating on a stock until their clients have finished filling their pockets with shares. As a matter of fact, when a big client wants to buy BB, the analyst is motivated to bring the price down at least temporarily so the client can scoop up cheap. Then the analyst says "Oh, I've changed my mind, now it's a buy!"
    Why would anyone be selling their shares at this point in time considering what we all know? I hope the profit takers on Friday can hold off long enough to force the short squeeze. SNAP
    06-25-13 10:53 AM
    Gang, about the Guinness record thing ...
    We are now far over 1 Million views !!!!

The Guinness site seems down (no feed) but I'll check that
    Ok, it's official, I'm a crazy FrenchBerrian !
    Please, do NOT change anything in your behavior, keep it as usual; no flood, nothing artificial.
    Also, do not spread this outside this thread; let's keep it real.
    Thank you !
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    06-25-13 10:56 AM
    [QUOTE=Compaqee;8707593]So to throw the conversation in a slightly different direction I'd like to ask a few questions to all you good folk.

QUOTE]

Yep, me. I was about to buy the Q10 and then saw that the A10 (or whatever it will be called) is about to come out. I'll wait it out and make a decision when I see all the options. Now, you're never going to keep up with technology unless you can afford to buy every new device that hits the market, so seeing the A10 is just around the corner I'll wait it out. If you can afford both, then getting one now and then the other later is also an option. Depends on your situation.
    cjcampbell, Compaqee and bungaboy like this.
    06-25-13 10:59 AM

I'm in the same boat as you as I was a long time BBRY user and unfortunately I'm still using a 2 years old S2 phone. I'm not the average user but love to mod, root and use custom ROM all that to preserve battery usage and get more life out of a old phone. I also can't stand the bloated stock rom. I do get what your saying too as I'm very used to widgets and like the idea of able to see information without having to drill in and out of the apps. I will say that android came a long way, took them a few years to have a mature usable OS. however, security as we all know is an big issue and i'm getting tired of having to mod and use custom rom to just to keep my phone in shape let alone wait for provider or developer to come out with bug fix or upgrade on known issues.

This is where BBRY/QNX comes in. I dont think lack of apps is really an issue anymore. There may be apps that your using that isnt available yet but with BBOS become more and more mature by day and the world see that users are coming back, the popular one will eventually be made available sooner or later.

I'm holding out for A10 not that Z10 or Q10 arent good but I like a bigger screen phone period and to be honest I can't wait to get my hands on the Aristo as soon as it is made available.

*LONGBBRY*
    Compaqee likes this.
    06-25-13 11:05 AM
    We can add two more sell ratings to the bears failed attempts on the day.

BlackBerry: Bears Concede FYQ1 Upside Likely, Ponder Short Interest - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

EDIT - Make that three as Citi cut their target to $10
    06-25-13 11:10 AM
    I would rather rent out a portion of a five-star hotel somewhere on a beach front. Each confirms their reservations on a number of blocked off rooms via their preferred payment method. That way we can walk the beach like that guy on the Southern Comfort commercials. hahaha.
    Good plan. I likey.
    lcjr likes this.
    06-25-13 11:14 AM
    Citigroup actually downgraded

Via forbes

And Citigroup lowered its price target on Blackberry (BBRY) to $10 as demand is slipping with the addition of newer models from other smartphone manufacturers. Shares of Blackberry were higher by 1.4% on Tuesday.
    This guy is a complete joke. $6. $6. $12. $19.50. $10. Obviously putting high SP before his company guys.....then lose SP to try to push it down after buying puts. 100% swings or more - the guy should be fired for complete incompetence. Someone should shoot the VP of his investment division and email asking how he can be that incompetent?
    06-25-13 11:18 AM
    Citigroup actually downgraded

Via forbes

And Citigroup lowered its price target on Blackberry (BBRY) to $10 as demand is slipping with the addition of newer models from other smartphone manufacturers. Shares of Blackberry were higher by 1.4% on Tuesday.
    How will he justify demand is 'slipping' when TH announce 8M unit sales (4m/4m) and implies a forecast of 7M/2M for Q2?
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-25-13 11:20 AM
    60% of fortune 500 are using or trialling BES10.

Weren't something like 80-90% of fortune 500 using BES 2 years ago?

The Secure Workspace offering for iOS and Android should have no trouble keeping SR flatlined if not increasing within 3 more quarters.
    This delta (provided the 80-90% figure is accurate, can't remember) doesn't imply they ran away BES, just that 2 out of 3 are currently on the road of migration to BES10 from their current BES ...
    ItsTheBox and bungaboy like this.
    06-25-13 11:24 AM
    06-25-13 11:24 AM
    Regarding big announcements at the ER... I believe I said this before the last one, and I believe I turned out to be right: they don't usually make big announcements then, certainly not in the report itself, and I don't recall any major ones ever showing up in the conference call either.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. My expectation is for things relating to the past quarter's numbers and maybe some ballpark guidance on their expectations for the next quarter or rest of the year, but nothing more. If there is big news it will be coming out before then, just like the Secure Work Space stuff today. Or maybe next week or later... who knows what strategy they might have, maybe to alleviate concerns about certain metrics (e.g. subscriber drop, or bigger fall in BBOS sales than expected).

Posted via CB10
    They have been in a quiet period. They wouldn't announce a partnership in the quiet period. If they have finalized one then I would say they will release it on Friday morning right after the ER @ 8AM.
    06-25-13 11:25 AM

Switched from S3 to Z10 and haven't looked back. BB10 is much more 'polished' than Android. Apps is the only benefit over the Z. And I'm not missing any. As an IT and Business professional.....HUB! HUB! HUB! Email/keyboard/autocorrect/navigation - it's just a pleasure to use.
    06-25-13 11:28 AM
    Hi parthokarki and feel very welcome here, we (almost) all started as rookie !
    NO ONE is stupid.
    As you're not experimented, I suggest you talk with your bank contact as he will be a valuable interlocutor.
    I for one choose to go that way, because I didn't want to open a trading account online; (sub, operations) fees can be be too high for my tiny operations.
    Be sure to inform your interlocutor that there is two places where you can trade BlackBerry stocks : U.S Nasdaq (code : BBRY) and Canadian Toronto stock exchange (code : BB.to). Transaction fees will probably differ, that's what may guide you in this choice (but you have to consider currency parity too ... once again, your banker will help).

Keep in mind some rules of the thumb : Do not invest any penny you can't afford to lose, choose a strategy (including "stops" that will fire orders automatically when the stock reaches your sell goals, either defensive (if there's a drastic dump) or glorious (if it reaches your gain target).
    Stay calm, do not overheat and ... enjoy the show (more seriously, read here; you'll learn a lot and slowly get used to terms, strategies and metrics that will give you a better comprehension. WARNING : stock trading has its own rules and may not react as you can expect).
    So, last but not least: stray humble. You have very experienced and powerful traders in the game and they usually ... win, at least against small individuals like us.

Welcome to the stockBerrians roller-coaster !
    Noted with caution. Thanks a lot for your time.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-25-13 11:34 AM
    This delta (provided the 80-90% figure is accurate, can't remember) doesn't imply they ran away BES, just that 2 out of 3 are currently on the road of migration to BES10 from their current BES ...
    Fortune 500 companies have cash. If they aren't trialling BES by now I'd say 90% of those not trialling have already decided to go with another offering. JMHO.
    06-25-13 11:39 AM
    Yes. Currently, or ALREADY!
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    06-25-13 11:39 AM
113,251 ... 13691370137113721373 ...