View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I forgot that today is short report day....
    I think that it may have fallen a little. Surely, the number of people that expect BBRY to fall on its face must be falling.
    06-25-13 10:03 AM
    hmm, my etrade pro is showing tot. vol. 7.389 million ?
    Yes, I notice that as well. The NASDAQ volume statistic is always significantly lower than other stock sites.
    06-25-13 10:04 AM
    I checked it out. Over 100,000 posts. I couldn't figure out what it was about though. Reminded me of Seinfeld, it's like a thread about nothing.

Lol...nope...pop over to rehab section, they have one with well over 100k.

Although I did mention to the OP way back when we broke 2k that we would break 50...he laughed. haha

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 10:05 AM
    Have I told everyone how much I love BBRY, lately!

I do believe the stock has reached a new level of maturity!

I love Blackberry!
    06-25-13 10:06 AM
    do you think they may mention anything about the aristo in ER? or is that a separate topic for BB? The idea of more real estate is starting to appeal to me, although i don't quite know how hard it will be to fit into my jeans
    lcjr likes this.
    06-25-13 10:07 AM
    The ONLY reason for the stock not moving - in my opinion it should be doubled at the current price - is the constant shorting. Assume the average volume is 25 million shares but the shorts come along and borrow an additional 25 million shares from someone and immediately add those shares to the market. So now you have 50 million shares trading. That causes downward pressure on the stock, and it's like a rubber band being pulled. But eventually ALL of those extra 25 million shares HAVE to be bought back, and that's when the rubber band snaps back the other way.
    Recently some web sites are reporting that there are NO shares available to be shorted, zip, zero, nada. And so the total number of borrowed shares, currently at 171.3 million of those in the float, can't go any higher. We will know at about 5:00 PM when the Nasdaq Dissemination Numbers come out, but I'm guessing Blackberry is at about 173 million shares shorted. We could see a short squeeze (like Tesla or VW) at any time, on news, no news, a rumor, or someone sneezing. I'm still buying today and will buy more tomorrow.
    06-25-13 10:07 AM
    LOL...I want to be that guy!!!
    LOL! He was ugly but VERY happy!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-25-13 10:09 AM
    Gang, about the Guinness record thing ...
    We are now far over 1 Million views !!!!

The Guinness site seems down (no feed) but I'll check that
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry.jpg  
    06-25-13 10:12 AM
    Citigroup actually downgraded

Via forbes

And Citigroup lowered its price target on Blackberry (BBRY) to $10 as demand is slipping with the addition of newer models from other smartphone manufacturers. Shares of Blackberry were higher by 1.4% on Tuesday.
    06-25-13 10:13 AM
    Barrons

BlackBerry (BBRY) stock is up 24 cents, or 1.7%, at $14.34, after receiving a number of encouraging reports this morning continuing the theme that there may be upside to this Friday’s fiscal Q1 report.

Citigroup’s Jim Suva, reiterating a Sell rating, and a $10 price target, writes that “potential for sell in ahead of global Z10 availability & Q10 launch (in UK, Canada, Germany and Australia during late April/early May and in US, India and Africa in late May to mid June) could result in a positive surprise to units that were sold into the channel,” even though he’s modeling only $3.31 billion in revenue and break-even on the profit line, below the $3.4 billion revenue consensus, but below the 5-cent profit estimate.”

Suva notes that “Given the high level of short interest (shares shorted up 25-30%), we could see a short squeeze on upside surprise to sell in units.”
    06-25-13 10:15 AM
    do you think they may mention anything about the aristo in ER? or is that a separate topic for BB? The idea of more real estate is starting to appeal to me, although i don't quite know how hard it will be to fit into my jeans
    I think things like that will have their own time. I'd prefer it that way so that good news can be staggered eliminating times of no news aside from bears growling behind the curtain.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-25-13 10:16 AM
    I checked it out. Over 100,000 posts. I couldn't figure out what it was about though. Reminded me of Seinfeld, it's like a thread about nothing.
    But no fighting in there. which is nice. Good to have a "safe haven" on Crackberry at times. Especially on days when the sleeper cells get their signals.
    Superfly_FR and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-25-13 10:17 AM
    Sleeper cells. lmao
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-25-13 10:19 AM
    06-25-13 10:19 AM
    Took the plunge and added another 165 shares at $15.07, even if it dips I am confident that we will see a nice rebound by Friday so put them in the positive. I have been invested in BB since January and have a long position on the company. I don't think it is to far off to see a $250 price target withing the next couple of years. All around me I see more and more blackberries. I have converted android and iphone users to this wonderful product. 15 at my last count...
    Well done! Great first post!
    Welcome.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 10:20 AM
    I think that it may have fallen a little. Surely, the number of people that expect BBRY to fall on its face must be falling.
    Just no more shares to short... it can't possibly have gone up any significant amount.
    06-25-13 10:22 AM
    Barrons

BlackBerry (BBRY) stock is up 24 cents, or 1.7%, at $14.34, after receiving a number of encouraging reports this morning continuing the theme that there may be upside to this Friday’s fiscal Q1 report.

Citigroup’s Jim Suva, reiterating a Sell rating, and a $10 price target, writes that “potential for sell in ahead of global Z10 availability & Q10 launch (in UK, Canada, Germany and Australia during late April/early May and in US, India and Africa in late May to mid June) could result in a positive surprise to units that were sold into the channel,” even though he’s modeling only $3.31 billion in revenue and break-even on the profit line, below the $3.4 billion revenue consensus, but below the 5-cent profit estimate.”

Suva notes that “Given the high level of short interest (shares shorted up 25-30%), we could see a short squeeze on upside surprise to sell in units.”
    And with that downgrade, we continue up. Negatives getting lost in the background like white noise. Take note of the consistent uptrend since 10:15
    06-25-13 10:23 AM
    Wow this is a great day and the mood in here is really good now. Can we please push this a little bit higher though? I would love to see my BBRY portfolio in the green again soon. Need to see $15.64 to break even, but I'm at least up $117.65 on the day!!
    06-25-13 10:25 AM
    Wow this is a great day and the mood in here is really good now. Can we please push this a little bit higher though? I would love to see my BBRY portfolio in the green again soon. Need to see $15.64 to break even, but I'm at least up $117.65 on the day!!
    Yes, 15.32 for me. Would be nice!
    06-25-13 10:28 AM
    Oh you won't need to worry about just breaking even. Besides, right now we need to work our way up over the remainder of the week. Those BB's are awfully tight and I'd like to see them widen for us over today and tomorrow, push them out of our way on Thursday, then have them follow us up on Friday.
    06-25-13 10:30 AM
    Im still looking for 14.85 today on Tsx! We can finish up but lets keep a nice run not a heavy sprint hehe however its fine if we do take off. Just feels nice making the right play
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-25-13 10:32 AM
    Yes, 15.32 for me. Would be nice!
    We'll definitely get there, just want something this afternoon to flaunt in front of some of my coworkers that don’t like Blackberry. It can wait until Friday though. lol
    06-25-13 10:33 AM
    The ONLY reason for the stock not moving - in my opinion it should be doubled at the current price - is the constant shorting. Assume the average volume is 25 million shares but the shorts come along and borrow an additional 25 million shares from someone and immediately add those shares to the market. So now you have 50 million shares trading. That causes downward pressure on the stock, and it's like a rubber band being pulled. But eventually ALL of those extra 25 million shares HAVE to be bought back, and that's when the rubber band snaps back the other way.
    Recently some web sites are reporting that there are NO shares available to be shorted, zip, zero, nada. And so the total number of borrowed shares, currently at 171.3 million of those in the float, can't go any higher. We will know at about 5:00 PM when the Nasdaq Dissemination Numbers come out, but I'm guessing Blackberry is at about 173 million shares shorted. We could see a short squeeze (like Tesla or VW) at any time, on news, no news, a rumor, or someone sneezing. I'm still buying today and will buy more tomorrow.
    Basically this stock mainly traded by shorts for months, they cover, short, cover more, short more..scaring retail longs. The days will be over once the numbers are out and big longs step in that will takeover shorts trading and the squeeze will begin. The shorts have been making money on calls/puts until they minimize their losses and they will cover once they have no choice to cover by ERs or they done eating the BlackBerry..
    06-25-13 10:34 AM
    Regarding big announcements at the ER... I believe I said this before the last one, and I believe I turned out to be right: they don't usually make big announcements then, certainly not in the report itself, and I don't recall any major ones ever showing up in the conference call either.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. My expectation is for things relating to the past quarter's numbers and maybe some ballpark guidance on their expectations for the next quarter or rest of the year, but nothing more. If there is big news it will be coming out before then, just like the Secure Work Space stuff today. Or maybe next week or later... who knows what strategy they might have, maybe to alleviate concerns about certain metrics (e.g. subscriber drop, or bigger fall in BBOS sales than expected).

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 10:34 AM
    06-25-13 10:35 AM
113,256 ... 13681369137013711372 ...