06-25-13 08:07 AM
    Research in Motion Ltd
    Symbol C : BB
    Shares Issued 524,159,844
    Close 2013-06-24 C$ 14.75

RIM launches iOS, Android security product

2013-06-25 08:55 ET - News Release

Mr. Thierry Lammers reports

BLACKBERRY SECURES IOS AND ANDROID IN THE ENTERPRISE WITHOUT SACRIFICING THE USER EXPERIENCE

Research in Motion Ltd. (BlackBerry) has made available a new security solution that separates work and personal apps and data on iOS and Android devices. Secure Work Space for iOS and Android is a new option with BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 (version 10.1.1) that offers customers with a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) policy, a solution with the best combination of security, user experience and total cost of ownership. BlackBerry designed Secure Work Space to meet the management, security and cost needs of the CIO, and the user experience and functionality that employees demand.

Since launching in January 2013, 18,000 BlackBerry(R) Enterprise Service 10 servers have been installed by customers around the world and Secure Work Space for iOS and Android has been trialed globally with BlackBerry customers since the launch, including Netherlands-based e-office mobile b.v. For the past 22 years e-office has been creating virtual working environments for their clients, and to ensure they are always staying current on their clients' mobility needs, e-office took part in BlackBerry's early adopter program for Secure Work Space.

"Secure Work Space builds on BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10, and we found that BlackBerry's secure infrastructure offered our company the best containerization solution to help mobilize our multi-platform environment, while maintaining a great user experience," said Thierry Lammers, Director and co-founder, e-office mobile. "We're looking forward to deploying this solution across our organization and to our customers in the coming months and bringing the separation of work and personal data to life on iOS and Android devices."

According to Forrester Research, Inc., in 2016, 350 million employees will use smartphones and 200 million will bring their own devices to the workplace(1). Secure Work Space offers an ideal BYOD mobile security solution, providing organizations the flexibility to embrace BYOD without sacrificing security. On a personal iOS or Android device, users with Secure Work Space get integrated email (with attachment viewing), calendar and contacts for productivity, as well as secure browser access to intranets and document editing capabilities with BlackBerry's Documents To Go(TM). With corporate data separated and controlled within the Secure Work Space container, these standard apps can be deployed with confidence to any user, together with other apps chosen by the company.
    BlackBerry is working closely with app partners such as Box to power business collaboration in the cloud.

"Content sits at the center of every successful business and Box ensures that today's mobile enterprise can securely access their information from any device, in any location and at any time," said Whitney Bouck, Senior Vice President & GM, Enterprise at Box. "Box and BlackBerry are powering enterprise mobility for today's knowledge workers."

BlackBerry provides security at the device, server and network level. Secure Work Space leverages the same trusted behind-the-firewall connection available for BlackBerry smartphones and extends BlackBerry security capabilities for data-at-rest and data-in-transit to iOS and Android devices. The Secure Work Space container is managed through BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10, making it easy and convenient to manage all devices from its single console.

"Mobility is fundamentally transforming how we live and work. As our dependency on mobile solutions grows, and as a greater variety of mobile devices enter the workplace, the need for solutions to manage and secure these devices has never been greater," said David J. Smith, EVP, Enterprise Mobile Computing at BlackBerry. "In today's 'bring your own device world', Secure Work Space is a differentiated solution that brings key elements of the BlackBerry security platform and mobile device management to iOS and Android devices."

The Secure Work Space solution also enables customers to save considerable effort, administration and expense as they no longer need to configure and manage expensive VPN infrastructures to provide mobile device access to data and apps that reside behind their corporate firewalls. With end-to-end enterprise mobility management, easy deployment, and BlackBerry's global technical support, BlackBerry continues to offer innovative, secure and reliable solutions to enterprises and governments around the world.

Availability

The BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 server software is free to download. Annual client access licenses (CALs) for Secure Work Space are $99 (MSRP) per year per device. BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 is also available as a sixty (60) day free trial bundle that includes 50 EMM Corporate CALs (providing device management for BlackBerry 10, iOS, and Android devices) and 50 Secure Work Space CALs. The free trial can be downloaded here.
    06-25-13 08:11 AM
    It looks as though there'll be opportunity to jump onboard at the open. Don't be left behind.
    06-25-13 08:18 AM
    I couldn't resist this: As we head into Q1 ER this Friday, I wanted to share this wonderfully spirited, hummable tune from The Wiz (excerpt from the 1978 film starring Diana Ross and Michael Jackson)... Enjoy.

No Bad News Scene from The Wiz Movie (1978) | MOVIECLIPS
    Last edited by YangFui; 06-25-13 at 09:14 AM.
    06-25-13 08:18 AM
    Maybe it's a hunch but I don't think we'll be seeing single digit stock prices in the near future.
    06-25-13 08:19 AM
    In the battle between the sharts and longs on BB’s future viability – Waterloo just released the Kraken with this MDM SWS announcement.
    06-25-13 08:21 AM
    06-25-13 08:23 AM
    No they upgraded in february to $19 if I remember correctly
    $19.50 actually. I dug it up when you mentioned that: 2/7/2013 Citigrooup Upgrade BlackBerry (BBRY) "Market Perform" to "Outperform", from $12.00 to $19.50

(From BlackBerry Analyst Ratings and Earnings History | $BBRY | NASDAQ:BBRY | Analyst Ratings Network )
    06-25-13 08:27 AM
    In the battle between the sharts and longs on BB’s future viability – Waterloo just released the Kraken with this MDM SWS announcement.
    06-25-13 08:27 AM
    We dipped down enough for a gentle kiss and we're off again! LOL
    take99, lcjr, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    06-25-13 08:28 AM
    lets go bb. maxed out my cash in my margin and tsfa with all bb... super risky but i am confident.
    Last edited by Kid Vibe; 06-25-13 at 08:51 AM.
    06-25-13 08:30 AM
    Research in Motion Ltd
    Symbol C : BB
    Shares Issued 524,159,844
    Close 2013-06-24 C$ 14.75

RIM launches iOS, Android security product

According to Forrester Research, Inc., in 2016, 350 million employees will use smartphones and 200 million will bring their own devices to the workplace(1). Secure Work Space offers an ideal BYOD mobile security solution, providing organizations the flexibility to embrace BYOD without sacrificing security. On a personal iOS or Android device, users with Secure Work Space get integrated email (with attachment viewing), calendar and contacts for productivity, as well as secure browser access to intranets and document editing capabilities with BlackBerry's Documents To Go(TM). With corporate data separated and controlled within the Secure Work Space container, these standard apps can be deployed with confidence to any user, together with other apps chosen by the company.
    BlackBerry is working closely with app partners such as Box to power business collaboration in the cloud.
    Here is some napkin math for ya (careful, there are a few koolaide stains on the napkin!)

..... 350 million business smartphones X 75% BES managed X $100 per annum / 524 million shares = $50 EPS

and $50 EPS = $500 party in 2016!!!
    06-25-13 08:32 AM
    Here is some napkin math for ya (careful, there are a few koolaide stains on the napkin!)

..... 350 million smartphones X 75% BES managed X $100 per annum / 524 million shares = $50 EPS

Koolaide stain?....thought that was a chart going steeply skyward.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 08:35 AM
    Sorry if this has been posted, interesting article. An exchange to rival the TSX?

Royal Bank, fund managers to create TSX rival exchange - Business - CBC News
    06-25-13 08:35 AM
    Even if BlackBerry can get 15 percent of that market for bes10 and we are at the $100 party. Let's get into the $20's first.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 08:38 AM
    Sorry if this has been posted, interesting article. An exchange to rival the TSX?

Royal Bank, fund managers to create TSX rival exchange - Business - CBC News
    Well, if they can reduce the high frequency trading I am all for it. Really though, it is about banks and funds trying to save themselves money by reducing their own trading fees.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-25-13 08:43 AM
    Just a reminder that we have a bbm group started. It will be very useful to have real time communication on ER day to complement this incredible thread.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000699.png

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    06-25-13 08:52 AM
    Right.. you are correct. Thanks.
    Wow. I don't remember that. Suva was $6. Then reiterated $6. Then raised to $19????
    06-25-13 08:54 AM

..... 350 million business smartphones X 75% BES managed X $100 per annum / 524 million shares = $50 EPS

Even 1/4 of that is amazing and entirely possible. I'm thinking yacht now, not boat...LOL
    06-25-13 08:56 AM
    Official video if anyone is interested for Secure Work Space..we'll see what the SP does today
    Secure Work Space for iOS and Android with BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 - YouTube
    Finally, verification. Secure workspace uses a Cascades like framework! AWESOME! That will help sales when people see how good it is.
    06-25-13 08:57 AM
    Wow. I don't remember that. Suva was $6. Then reiterated $6. Then raised to $19????
    Apparently so... I looked it up too and don't know how I could forget that one...lol
    La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    06-25-13 08:58 AM
    Even if BlackBerry can get 15 percent of that market for bes10 and we are at the $100 party. Let's get into the $20's first.

Posted via CB10
    A quick jump to the $40s is well in order next week!
    06-25-13 08:58 AM
    Even 1/4 of that is amazing and entirely possible. I'm thinking yacht now, not boat...LOL
    And people laugh when we talk about a $100 party. Pffff. They just can't see the big picture.
    06-25-13 09:00 AM
    I tried to access their bullboard for an individual stock, but wasn't able to. Have they removed that feature. very disappointing if they have, because the buulboard was the only reason I went to that site.
    no, it is all still there, if you could only figure it out after their so-called "improvement", boy o boy
    psy fi likes this.
    06-25-13 09:01 AM
113,251 ... 13651366136713681369 ...