View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    This should help...sorry if posted already:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000259.png

For those of you using a BlackBerry 10 device on T-Mobile you will be happy to know that WiFi calling is on the way. It seems that the T-Mobile WiFi calling app is appearing in BlackBerry World for those that are running the 10.2 beta.

The addition of WiFi calling will be great for those running T-Mobile that don?t get great signal everywhere. The WiFi calling app will allow you to receive ad make phone calls and send SMSover WiFi, but using your T-Mobile plan.

This is yet another great app that we are waiting for 10.2 to drop to get our hands on. The 10.2 update looks to be adding up to an awesome one, as we will receive a bunch of new features as well as apps like this one.

Thanks to @fortneyland95for sending this one in!

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 10:39 PM
    That could do it. Thing is, with those kinds of numbers, a 20%+ jump should occur. I just can not fathom the bears being able to make up lies any more once that kind of quarterly report occurs. Up 20% is about $17 based on today's close of about $14.

I've seen 80% jumps on occasion but not much more than that. To jump to $20 would be a 40% jump. Not crazy but rare.

NOTE:
    What I find amazing is that all the info for my initial investment in BBRY a year ago was out there. Most of it not even well hidden. And every bearish article I read had atleast one glaring "error" or flat out lie. remember the bankrupt baloney? I mean, how hard is it to read a balance sheet? All talk, no substance. About 2 hours of good research into BBRY a year ago and I was just dumbfounded how reality and "reported reality" were two totally different things. With every passing day, bears have less ammo in their clip. Eventually they'll be shooting blanks because the reporting will be primarily bullish. And then people will get it.
    You are getting talkative tonight, does it imply that you have had a few cans again?

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 10:40 PM
    Dude, we are aiming for the summer. No winter storms to deal with. I'd in all honesty buy something but I have no idea what. I was thinking about going to Disney and getting some of the $700/night rooms.
    Duh, that's why I'd have the top down. Hahahahaha. Stylin with camo and a tuxedo. Hahahahaha.
    06-24-13 10:43 PM
    I don't know about FCF. But I think:
    4m+ BlackBerry 10 sales
    0.60 EPS
    is entirely possible. Don't know if FCF would be $50M, $100M, 200M, 400M or what. But general public seems to be looking at EPS mostly and not concentrating so much on FCF (though I agree, FCF is far more meaningful than EPS but people just talk about EPS mostly).

So, does $0.60 EPS result in $20+ stock in a day or two of Earning report?

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    bungaboy and kfh227 like this.
    06-24-13 10:46 PM
    I'm torn on that. Lenovo is number 3 in China and that's a market that is growing quickly. I think there'd be more growth potential there.
    i think it depends... lenovo is a preferred partner for a chinese market whilst sony may be a good fit for japan. im sure if one of the partnerships goes through and is a success, another could ensue.
    06-24-13 10:48 PM
    You are getting talkative tonight, does it imply that you have had a few cans again?

Posted via CB10
    No, hockey game got my juices flowing

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-24-13 10:55 PM
    I don't know about FCF. But I think:
    4m+ BlackBerry 10 sales
    0.60 EPS
    is entirely possible. Don't know if FCF would be $50M, $100M, 200M, 400M or what. But general public seems to be looking at EPS mostly and not concentrating so much on FCF (though I agree, FCF is far more meaningful than EPS but people just talk about EPS mostly).

So, does $0.60 EPS result in $20+ stock in a day or two of Earning report?

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    I think the general public cares about eps because the average investor doesn't know better.

But the people that really move a stock by managing large sums of money are very aware of fcf.

I'd go as far as to say 80 cents in EPS with zero fcf will not create a squeeze. You might get a temporary jump but not lasting.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 10:59 PM
    WebBroker Alert

========================

BlackBerry launches service to manage Android, Apple devices

Thomson Reuters

* Service will allow clients to manage, secure devices

* BlackBerry targets services as devices face competition

* Company says 18,000 BES 10 servers installed globally

By Euan Rocha

TORONTO, June 25 (Reuters) - BlackBerry launched a
    service on Tuesday allowing government agencies and corporate
    clients to secure and manage devices powered by Google Inc's
    Android platform and Apple Inc's iOS operating
    system.

The long-anticipated offering, which BlackBerry had said
    would come out around mid-year, could help the company sell
    high-margin services to its large clients even if many, or all,
    of their workers are using smartphones made by its competitors.

The new Secure Work Space feature will be managed through
    BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES) 10, a new back-end system
    launched at the start of this year that allows BlackBerry's
    clients to control mobile devices on their internal networks.

The company, a one-time pioneer in the smartphone arena, is
    now fighting to regain ground lost to Apple's iPhone and Samsung
    Electronics Co Ltd's Galaxy devices. To compete, it
    has rolled out a trio of devices powered by its new BlackBerry
    10 operating system.

It hopes to win back users with the Z10, Q10 and Q5 devices
    that were unveiled during the first half of this year. The first
    comprehensive look at the success of its turnaround plan will
    likely emerge when it reports quarterly results on Friday.

At the same time, it has indicated a shift in emphasis from
    smartphones to services.

"With an integrated management console, our clients can now
    see all of the devices they have on their network, manage those
    devices and connect to them securely," David Smith, the head of
    enterprise mobile computing at BlackBerry, said in an interview.

"We now also have a secure work space on Android and iOS
    that allows our clients to secure and manage the data on those
    devices as well."

BlackBerry has installed some 18,000 BES 10 servers since
    the system was launched in January, up from a little more than
    12,000 servers one month ago, and more than 60 percent of U.S.
    Fortune 500 companies are testing or using the system.

The feature, when used to manage Android and iOS devices,
    will allow IT managers to fence off corporate email, calendars,
    contacts, tasks, memos, Web browsing and document editing from
    personal apps and content, which could be less secure.
    06-24-13 11:03 PM
    6k servers in the last month? Giddyup!
    06-24-13 11:10 PM
    BlackBerry Secure Work Space requires customers to have deployed BES 10 on their networks and is licensed separately, at �65 per managed device.
    06-24-13 11:16 PM
    Where oh where are they going to replace their service revenue from? From every android and iphone and ipad they manage through BES 10 of course stupid shorts...
    06-24-13 11:19 PM
    So, they are in quiet period for 3 more days, yet choose to release this today. Is this so significant that it had to be released, or is this just a hint / bump to keep SP up until Friday ?

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-24-13 11:22 PM
    So, they are in quiet period for 3 more days, yet choose to release this today. Is this so significant that it had to be released, or is this just a hint / bump to keep SP up until Friday ?

Ya it's kind of weird that they didn't save this for Friday. Maybe they have so much good news to share that releasing this isn't that big of a deal?
    06-24-13 11:40 PM
    I'm torn on that. Lenovo is number 3 in China and that's a market that is growing quickly. I think there'd be more growth potential there.
    ... Yeah, I tossed this around in another thread. I mentioned either Sony, or Nokia. I like both for different reasons. Sony good for screens, camera, sound, gaming. Nokia good for solid and reliable hardware, and great patents.
    What is a common interest to me is that either companies would exercise less reliance on a Chinese build (not that Chinese builds are bad, but we need more gear made closer to home), and I consider Finland a common-wealth country, so I would be comfortable with an agreement. Besides, I feel that MS is really dragging them down.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-24-13 11:42 PM
    So it has been three Q in a row which would mean if BlackBerry beats the street it would make is a whole year of bear analysts being wrong. What investor would believe bear analysts that have been wrong Q after Q after Q? My theory still remains BlackBerry competitors through hedge funds are shorting BlackBerry and putting out a media propaganda campaign to damage the BlackBerry brand.

Posted via CB10
    My thoughts too. There are just to many dollars at stake, and BlackBerry is name synonymous with success, even though they went though some bad leadership (no names mentioned, or reference to 'balls'), they are back and making very fast ground-work.
    We are being headed by a new Sheriff, and he... well, y'know the rest.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 06-25-13 at 12:16 AM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-24-13 11:50 PM

Yes. That.

TH stated some time ago that he intended the QNX to reside on the top layer of all critical data systems for ANY platform, so this comes as no surprise.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-25-13 12:14 AM
    No offence but what a joke ... McQueen ... 'oh I'm old and I don't know what I'm doing with my Q10 but I sure love the money apple paid me to sell my bbry shares.' .... total cork soaker what a joke ... why did he wait until the week of to sell ...
    I'm no CEO and i'm sure he is good at something. However, he looks like a little kid complaint about his problems which to be fair can be others too. But anyone that have some sort of intelligent of and with an average IQ would know his is full of crap. and no i'm not drinking BBRY kool-aid.
    bungaboy, lcjr and jon_stark_28 like this.
    06-25-13 12:28 AM
    So is the BES10 announcement a precursor to the Dod MDM announcement?
    06-25-13 01:09 AM
    Official video if anyone is interested for Secure Work Space..we'll see what the SP does today
    Secure Work Space for iOS and Android with BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 - YouTube
    06-25-13 01:14 AM
    Looks pretty good!

Official video if anyone is interested for Secure Work Space..we'll see what the SP does today
    Secure Work Space for iOS and Android with BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 - YouTube
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-25-13 01:44 AM
    And all that stuff about not being able to read e-mails on Q10 because the font is too small. Does anyone have trouble reading e-mails on the Q10?
    No. And I have weak eyes now ...
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-25-13 02:47 AM
    Where oh where are they going to replace their service revenue from? From every android and iphone and ipad they manage through BES 10 of course stupid shorts...
    ^^^ THIS I've been rehashing days after days ... this might be THE big announcement of this E.R.
    Translated in marketing words : we don't care AAPL and SAM are mainstream on individual segment, because every device of those are now new customers for us in enterprises and generate piles of CAL revenues.
    BAM !

Oh my ... I love that.
    06-25-13 02:52 AM
    Good Morning CrackBerrians !

Lets wish that today is another great day for BlackBerry and the stock.
    3 more days of trading ( including today ) before the ER. I believe we will be above 15 by then and get ready for take off on Friday ...

GL to everyone
    06-25-13 03:47 AM
    Guys iam new to stocks and probably stupid to post here.

I wanna buy BlackBerry stocks can i buy from qatar?

Posted via CB10
    Dapper37 likes this.
    06-25-13 03:52 AM
    Guys iam new to stocks and probably stupid to post here.
    I wanna buy BlackBerry stocks can i buy from qatar?
    Posted via CB10
    Hi parthokarki and feel very welcome here, we (almost) all started as rookie !
    NO ONE is stupid.
    As you're not experimented, I suggest you talk with your bank contact as he will be a valuable interlocutor.
    I for one choose to go that way, because I didn't want to open a trading account online; (sub, operations) fees can be be too high for my tiny operations.
    Be sure to inform your interlocutor that there is two places where you can trade BlackBerry stocks : U.S Nasdaq (code : BBRY) and Canadian Toronto stock exchange (code : BB.to). Transaction fees will probably differ, that's what may guide you in this choice (but you have to consider currency parity too ... once again, your banker will help).

Keep in mind some rules of the thumb : Do not invest any penny you can't afford to lose, choose a strategy (including "stops" that will fire orders automatically when the stock reaches your sell goals, either defensive (if there's a drastic dump) or glorious (if it reaches your gain target).
    Stay calm, do not overheat and ... enjoy the show (more seriously, read here; you'll learn a lot and slowly get used to terms, strategies and metrics that will give you a better comprehension. WARNING : stock trading has its own rules and may not react as you can expect).
    So, last but not least: stray humble. You have very experienced and powerful traders in the game and they usually ... win, at least against small individuals like us.

Welcome to the stockBerrians roller-coaster !
    06-25-13 04:53 AM
113,256 ... 13631364136513661367 ...