Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I believe 8am.

Posted via CB10
    That is soooo kewl. Now we get to gloat and revel in our glory all day. Hahahaha.
    06-24-13 08:45 PM
    Didn't know about that call... referring to his recent one.
    Ya. He's done an about face. He was once, fairly recently too, one of the most outspoken bears regarding RIMM.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 08:46 PM
    Another good reason to partner with them... they are bloody ambitious!!
    LMAO you're kidding me right? You do know this is not their first rodeo in the cellphone/smartphone business right? They've been in this niche market for china/japan for years now ... taking THIS long to go for higher sales is not ambitious its finally waking up!

(another post to follow).
    06-24-13 08:53 PM
    Since I was right with my pick of Apple reaching its peak at $700 (posted a link awhile ago when I called it on another forum)

I don't believe currently Blackberry can get to $100 yet without a massive short squeeze. I think we can grow but I base this on what we have so far and what we know is coming. Im basing this on the Z10 + Q10 + Q5 only what we know so far.

I am basing all my investing on how "relevant" I feel Blackberry is staying.

I think we have a very good BRAND name.
    I think we offer things other companies dont (QWERTY)
    I think we have a great CEO, even if he isn't the best presenter.

I also really believe people will continue to jump off the Apple Bandwagon as really they are being bullied badly and young people / young adults don't like to be part of the uncool group.

I believe Android does NOT HOOK you like Apple does. I believe Android is a system with lots to offer and I love my Android phone. However in my mind BB10 is like Android anyways without the widgets and maximum customization. I just think Android is the top but there's nothing to really keep you dedicated to them if there is something similar out there.

So I think Blackberry is positioned very well and will do well. Currently my outlook is fine for 2 months. So hopefully within that time we get some news about the A10 or something to keep the momentum and I will continue to stay in!

PS: Contract is up in December and I would currently get the Q10
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    06-24-13 08:55 PM
    LMAO you're kidding me right? You do know this is not their first rodeo in the cellphone/smartphone business right? They've been in this niche market for china/japan for years now ... taking THIS long to go for higher sales is not ambitious its finally waking up!

I wouldn't partner with anyone for anything. If I was BB I would just sell secure software to all the manufacturers of smartphones. Soon people will be scared of the risks due to privacy invasion, hacks, and identity theft to such a degree that BlackBerry can make huge fortunes just by allowing them to use BB10 on their devices. Mwahahahahahaha. Lol
    Shanerredflag, kfh227 and bungaboy like this.
    06-24-13 09:00 PM

I don't give a damn how long they've been at it as long as they look at bettering and growing their business. They are looking at expansion and doubling sales in the next 2 years. I'd call that ambitious.

Oh... and there's no need for condecention.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 09:07 PM
    Bloomberg ...

Hugo Miller.

June 16/2011 is the last time year of year sales growth reported. 8 straight quarters of year of year losses should see a rebound next this Friday!
    76 million die hard keyboard faithful waiting to upgrade.

BlackBerry's Keyboard Bet: Will It Pay Off?
    BlackBerry's Keyboard Bet: Will It Pay Off?: Video - Bloomberg

BlackBerry Faithful Seen Stemming Sales Slide: Corporate
    BlackBerry Faithful Seen Stemming Sales Slide: Corporate - Bloomberg

Devices shipped, Q1'2014 an estimate.
    Q4'2012: 11.1M
    Q1'2013: 7.8M
    Q2'2013: 7.4M
    Q3'2013: 6.9M
    Q4'2013: 6.0M
    Q1'2014: 7.7M

Key Highlights of the article ...

The die-hard BlackBerry installed base of 76 million subscribers loyal to the keyboard presents a strong upgrade opportunity,” said Um, who is based in New York and rates the stock the equivalent of a buy.
    - Maynard Um, a Wells Fargo & Co. analyst.

Since taking over in January 2012, Chief Executive Officer Thorsten Heins has named new sales, marketing and legal chiefs and squeezed out $1 billion in operating costs by cutting six of 10 manufacturing sites, eliminating 5,000 jobs and selling one of two corporate jets.
    “He’s done a great job -- he’s put up way more of a fight than people were expecting,” said Gillis. “The question is, is it too late?”
    - Colin Gillis, a BCG Partners LP analyst.

“This is the quarter where they’re likely to put product into the channel and the numbers may look pretty good,” he said. “The next quarter is probably going to be tough for them.”
    ^ I somewhat agree with this ... the strategy is to work with carrier partners to offer incentives or slightly reduce pricing for short term rapid sales in global regions where the Q5 is offered. Also speed up development on the 9800/9810 successor but with a landscape design for larger screen real-estate (in my opinion).

“Microsoft haven’t blown the doors off that space to secure that third space in the ecosystem,” said Gillis. “It’s still an open race.”
    The KEY as it stands today ...
    Twenty-two analysts, including Gillis, rate BlackBerry a sell, 12 call it a hold, while nine recommend buying the stock.
    fedakd and Acumenight like this.
    06-24-13 09:15 PM
    I wouldn't partner with anyone for anything. If I was BB I would just sell secure software to all the manufacturers of smartphones. Soon people will be scared of the risks due to privacy invasion, hacks, and identity theft to such a degree that BlackBerry can make huge fortunes just by allowing them to use BB10 on their devices. Mwahahahahahaha. Lol
    In the sense of having them build the hardware in a mutually beneficial business relationship would clasify as a partnership

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, jxnb and bungaboy like this.
    06-24-13 09:17 PM
    and here's McQueen on BNN (guy who threw in the towel on SA today), kinda glad he sold out after watching this.

BNN Video Player
    what do you need iTunes for?

I don't have any of the battery issues this guy has.

Still talking about Lenova?

Goes to show, some people just don't get it.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-24-13 09:19 PM
    And all that stuff about not being able to read e-mails on Q10 because the font is too small. Does anyone have trouble reading e-mails on the Q10?
    Sometimes I hold my phone with my feet so I have issues reading the phone. Guy is spot on.

Perhaps he should wear glasses? Or would that make him look stupid?
    psy fi and bungaboy like this.
    06-24-13 09:21 PM
    In the sense of having them build the hardware in a mutually beneficial business relationship would clasify as a partnership

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha. Totally agree. Besides, their devices have to be able to handle the far superior software and applications. Any average device won't make the grade so there has to be some monitoring of the standards.
    06-24-13 09:22 PM
    Holy cow, look up historical quotes from Lenovo. They went from $9.00 in 2009 to over $20.00 in 2011 and have been steady every since. Not bad at all man.

Lenovo Group Ltd (LNVGY) Historical Prices & Data - NASDAQ.com
    06-24-13 09:42 PM
    It would be great to see something major announced along with a blowout ER. Catch fire to the entire bunch of fireworks.
    Yeah, maybe z5 or licensing deal. Bbry has been silent for quite awhile. They're like the twirp that's been planning on payback after being pushed around by bullies for so many years. Will june28 be payback time? The signs seems to be pointing in that direction.
    take99, matthewriedle and bungaboy like this.
    06-24-13 09:46 PM
    Ha! Glad that dweeb won't be at the $100 party!

He says he missed the ability to turn his iPhone sideways to read in landscape mode on the Q10. Did he not notice that the screen is square before he bought it ? Or was he just too stupid to buy the Z10?

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    I think he KNEW the screen was square..... and the 'genius' within him said, "oh, I'll just turn it sideways if I want a bigger screen for browsing or videos. I don't need to get a Z10 for that!!! "

And then........ a few days later, logic kicked in !!!!
    And he realised that he wouldn't be able to do that with a square screen.
    So the "genius" within him said,"Desperate times call for desperate measures. Let's sell the 15 BlackBerry shares that I own."

That's probably what happened!
    06-24-13 10:11 PM
    As optimistic as I am with BBRY stock, don't set yourself up thinkingthat a new product launch is about to occur or a partnership announced.

Just hope for the following:
    4+ million BB10 units sold
    20+ cents EPS
    $300+ million FCF

Those would be good numbers.

Awesome numbers would be more like:
    5+ million BB10 units sold
    45+ cents EPS
    $400+ million FCF

And totally knock your socks off:
    5.5+ million BB10 units sold
    55+ cents EPS
    $450+ million FCF

If those knock your socks off numbers come, this stock will shoot to $20+ in one day.
    06-24-13 10:16 PM
    That is soooo kewl. Now we get to gloat and revel in our glory all day. Hahahaha.
    And the beer thirty is scheduled to start at 9.30 am!
    06-24-13 10:17 PM
    As optimistic as I am with BBRY stock, don't set yourself up thinkingthat a new product launch is about to occur or a partnership announced.

20+ cents EPS
    $300+ million FCF

What if numbers are like this:

4M+ million BB10 units sold
    but still 50+ cents EPS (they got $0.22 EPS with 1M BB10 sold, with 4M+ BB10 sales, it's entirely possible to have $0.50+ EPS)
    and $400+ million FCF

Will it rocket to $20+?
    06-24-13 10:18 PM
    And the beer thirty is scheduled to start at 9.30 am!
    Woooohooooo!!
    06-24-13 10:19 PM

20+ cents EPS
    $300+ million FCF

Awesome numbers would be more like:
    5+ million BB10 units sold
    45+ cents EPS
    $400+ million FCF

And totally knock your socks off:
    5.5+ million BB10 units sold
    55+ cents EPS
    $450+ million FCF

If those knock your socks off numbers come, this stock will shoot to $20+ in one day.
    I choose door number three !

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    bungaboy and La Emperor like this.
    06-24-13 10:21 PM
    While everyone is buying new expensive cars to drive to the $100 party, you'll know when I dive up. Can't help myself, I love this stuff. Hahahaha.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-jeep.jpg  
    06-24-13 10:21 PM
    I spoke with the owner of gurufocus.com. He says that he is not sure if the 13Fs are held for any time period, but he thinks that if they are not immediately released that they are released within 1 day. Perhaps they just collect on day 1 and release everything at a specific time on day 2. But he wasn't sure.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    06-24-13 10:25 PM
    Perhaps he should wear glasses? Or would that make him look stupid?
    No, I happen to know that wearing glasses makes one look not only very smart, but also extremely handsome and incredibly sexy.
    06-24-13 10:30 PM
    What if numbers are like this:

4M+ million BB10 units sold
    but still 50+ cents EPS (they got $0.22 EPS with 1M BB10 sold, with 4M+ BB10 sales, it's entirely possible to have $0.50+ EPS)
    and $400+ million FCF

Will it rocket to $20+?
    That could do it. Thing is, with those kinds of numbers, a 20%+ jump should occur. I just can not fathom the bears being able to make up lies any more once that kind of quarterly report occurs. Up 20% is about $17 based on today's close of about $14.

I've seen 80% jumps on occasion but not much more than that. To jump to $20 would be a 40% jump. Not crazy but rare.

NOTE:
    What I find amazing is that all the info for my initial investment in BBRY a year ago was out there. Most of it not even well hidden. And every bearish article I read had atleast one glaring "error" or flat out lie. remember the bankrupt baloney? I mean, how hard is it to read a balance sheet? All talk, no substance. About 2 hours of good research into BBRY a year ago and I was just dumbfounded how reality and "reported reality" were two totally different things. With every passing day, bears have less ammo in their clip. Eventually they'll be shooting blanks because the reporting will be primarily bullish. And then people will get it.
    06-24-13 10:35 PM
    While everyone is buying new expensive cars to drive to the $100 party, you'll know when I dive up. Can't help myself, I love this stuff. Hahahaha.
    Dude, we are aiming for the summer. No winter storms to deal with. I'd in all honesty buy something but I have no idea what. I was thinking about going to Disney and getting some of the $700/night rooms.
    06-24-13 10:39 PM
    No, I happen to know that wearing glasses makes one look not only very smart, but also extremely handsome and incredibly sexy.
    That's the only reason I wear reading glasses.
    bungaboy and peter9477 like this.
    06-24-13 10:39 PM
113,256 ... 13621363136413651366 ...