View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/1518...ticle_readmore

It's obviously a paid propaganda article. They have become to obvious with weak points or no point at all. Can't wait to see how deep and in trouble the shorts are this Wednesday close and then how much BlackBerry beats on Friday morning

Posted via CB10
    LOL it really is a HIT PIECE. Did he even talk about his shares? HAHA with that title its more like a review.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-24-13 01:53 PM
    Any predictions for the closing price? My guess is $14.02
    06-24-13 01:54 PM
    Android users might actually be clamoring for BBM
    This from BGR:

11:45 AM
    Sometimes nothing can beat the original. While competing messaging services such as WhatsApp have gained millions of users, it is clear that there is still strong demand for BlackBerry Messenger. The messaging service, which was previously a BlackBerry exclusive, will launch for the iPhone and Android smartphones sometime this summer. A bogus BBM app recently surfaced on Google Play and racked up more than 100,000 downloads before being pulled, CNET reported, which proves that Android users are indeed showing a fair amount of interest in BBM. The app was fake and did little beyond installing advertising software on a device, but the demand was real. BlackBerry co-founder and former co-CEO Mike Lazaridis previously said that BBM would flourish on Android and iOS because it offers a more compelling experience than its competitors.

Android: BBM demand revealed after fake app surfaces in Google Play | BGR
    cjcampbell, rarsen, jxnb and 5 others like this.
    06-24-13 01:57 PM
    Well I guess I was right to get my order in in the morning. Setting the limit order over the weekend got me in at 13.51. Thanks for the suggestion folks. I had a feeling that we might pop today. Impressive to do it on a day the rest of the market is being hammered.
    06-24-13 01:58 PM
    Got to admit, today is a welcome surprise. Now let's hope we can hold throughout the week.
    cjcampbell and psy fi like this.
    06-24-13 02:01 PM
    Any predictions for the closing price? My guess is $14.02
    I'll go for $14.20ish
    q649 likes this.
    06-24-13 02:02 PM
    The question now becomes will that also include subs of the cross platform BBM?
    CJ,

I think you got it, anything that can generate revenue for BB is on the table. He knows the old way of calculating subs is no longer relevant. There are millions of BB owners who fly under the radar simply because they shove a SIM card into their non-BIS BB phone and he wants to count those customers too. BBM could be huge for this purpose, if you own an Android but rent a movie from BB, you are a customer or "sub" under the new formula. That argument is going to die as fast as the lack of apps argument is.
    06-24-13 02:04 PM
    We are right on the 7-dma, if we punch through that one, we are going to $ 14.50/shr in short order. The high for this rally is slated to be $ 14.75/shr ...... anything higher than that is a bull rally to the pennant line above $ 16.00/shr. Let's get through $ 14.25/shr ASAP!
    06-24-13 02:14 PM
    I think our earnings are going to be north of 80c/share. This will be the beginning of the end for the sharts. I hope Heins gives some sort of positive statements about forward guidance and service revenue. If he does that will be all she wrote for the sharts.
    Cannot wait for Friday!
    lcjr, psy fi and bungaboy like this.
    06-24-13 02:19 PM
    Hmmmm.... final hour drop... profit taking maybe? What a day so it would be totally expected no?
    morganplus8, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-24-13 02:22 PM
    Day trading is back in full swing...it's as simple as that.
    06-24-13 02:25 PM
    http://

WHOOHOO
    cjcampbell and q649 like this.
    06-24-13 02:28 PM
    Sooo, not a bad day so far I see....lets go!
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-24-13 02:31 PM
    LOL....up three cents in three seconds...end of day rally here you come
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-24-13 02:32 PM
    With these numbers, I don't understand why we haven't seen this in any feeds this morning. Just the "holds" with lower price points and expectations.....

Scotia expects BBRY to beat the Street on Friday | CrackBerry.com
    I have a feeling we are being set up once again. The shorts are going to allow a whisper number to be floated for earnings and other metrics. We have had no material benefit from that info as reflected in the meandering SP. They are raising the bar and will attempt to bring the shares down after the ER. It will be hard to significantly beat the new, higher bar and they will pounce if it is not a total blowout. They have done this for 6+ months now, absorb good news, keep the SP in check and then pounce when they have us set up. I hope it doesn't happen but see the last ER, Q ans Z10 lauches, BB Live and other events where they successfully worked this strategy. Hope I am wrong......
    06-24-13 02:37 PM
    I'll go for $14.20ish
    Concur...I mean frick yeah...I agree.
    06-24-13 02:38 PM
    Yes please. $30 post er?

Seeking Alpha
    06-24-13 02:39 PM
    We are looking good for tomorrow!
    06-24-13 02:42 PM
    I have a feeling we are being set up once again. The shorts are going to allow a whisper number to be floated for earnings and other metrics. We have had no material benefit from that info as reflected in the meandering SP. They are raising the bar and will attempt to bring the shares down after the ER. It will be hard to significantly beat the new, higher bar and they will pounce if it is not a total blowout. They have done this for 6+ months now, absorb good news, keep the SP in check and then pounce when they have us set up. I hope it doesn't happen but see the last ER, Q ans Z10 lauches, BB Live and other events where they successfully worked this strategy. Hope I am wrong......
    Keep in mind that the last ER only closed 12 cents down from the previous day. It was the large spread on the day that made it seem as bad as some of us make it out to be. Yes, I get that being down after a positive ER is ridiculous but the following next 2 days were up. Also, that was following the bull shat "news" about returns so there was already a lot of worry and skepticism injected into this stock. This time we find ourselves in a position where there will probably be news that the bears can grab onto but due to a full quarter of sales, expected profit of above consensus and BB's own guidance for the quarter, there won't be nearly as much and hopefully, whatever they do grab will be transparent and, for the most part, ignored or at least looked at in detail before any reactions. As this stock has been beaten up for the last while, there are far less weak hands to be scared off as easily as before so we should be able to ignore the vast majority of sour notes from the bears post ER.
    06-24-13 02:45 PM
    We are looking good for tomorrow!
    Perfect. We just need to close around $14.10 for an engulfing candle and we are golden.
    06-24-13 02:47 PM
    Unfortunately, there's much truth to what you're saying. Dec 28 we were at $11.79 and Mar 28 we were at $14.44. In both cases the SP rose a few days prior to the ER and then dipped back again. After each event we dipped again as well. Let's hope for a change and steady progression north to newer highs.
    Shanerredflag, snejpa and bungaboy like this.
    06-24-13 02:48 PM
    Perfect. We just need to close around $14.10 for an engulfing candle and we are golden.
    I think we can do this. 8 minutes left.
    Bugmapper and cjcampbell like this.
    06-24-13 02:52 PM
    Wow...great day considering overall market. Nice to see.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 03:02 PM
    A good start to the run up to Friday. To be honest, I was just a tad bit worried for the first half hour or so.... lol.
    06-24-13 03:03 PM
    A good start to the run up to Friday. To be honest, I was just a tad bit worried for the first half hour or so.... lol.
    Yep, I wasn't expecting green until tomorrow and Wednesday. A welcome surprise.
    06-24-13 03:09 PM
113,250 ... 13581359136013611362 ...