1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    If we can get to $16-$17 on Thurs, and a steller ER ensues,
    we could very well get a pop to $20 on Friday which COULD
    result in some short covering.
    Looking back to Tesla, if I remember correctly it was roughly 30% gain in SP from May 8-9 an then up, up and away from there.
    So IF the tolerance trigger for the shorts is $20 ish, then we could be headed for a similar run.
    06-24-13 10:04 AM
    We can't even break $14. The cork soakers got us pinned.
    06-24-13 10:08 AM
    WOW...
    You have to keep in mind that our gross margins will increase as we sell fewer of the old phones.
    06-24-13 10:10 AM
    We can't even break $14. The cork soakers got us pinned.
    We need something to push us over that mark. Without anything official, this could drop right back to where we started today.
    06-24-13 10:11 AM
    Now the DOW is down 217 and BBRY is actually up by 2 cents. I smell a turnaround.
    It happens every time the DOW falls. It doesn't seem that we're going to hold the gains.
    06-24-13 10:12 AM
    A stock's price is determined mostly by its potential future earnings. If Thor can't change the storyline that the shorts are telling about a lackluster future, it's not going to matter how well we do on Friday. I hope that they have that much insight factored into their guidance. It is no longer the time to be sandbagging.
    06-24-13 10:19 AM
    A stock's price is determined mostly by its potential future earnings. If Thor can't change the storyline that the shorts are telling about a lackluster future, it's not going to matter how well we do on Friday. I hope that they have that much insight factored into their guidance. It is no longer the time to be sandbagging.
    I'm not counting on that. I know it's not easy being a CEO, but somebody had better coach and rehearse with him this time. Geez I don't want to watch clapping hands, giggling, and smiling. I want him to clearly state the facts as they are and the glidepath for the future.
    Bugmapper, OMGitworks and m1a1mg like this.
    06-24-13 10:25 AM
    I'm hoping price will stay relatively flat going into Friday. Still want to pick up some more shares/calls this week.
    morganplus8 and Superfly_FR like this.
    06-24-13 10:27 AM
    I will disclose up front that I am a shareholder. This company has been on my tracking radar for about 4 years. I only started to accumulate the stock over the last 9 months. In 30 years of following companies and markets I have not seen too many opportunities that are as easy to call as this one. My prediction is that this week will be your last opportunity to buy under $20. The stock appears to be at least $10 under valued based on current information and current trends. Wishing you all very prosperous week.
    lcjr, cjcampbell, psy fi and 16 others like this.
    06-24-13 10:27 AM
    I'm hoping price will stay relatively flat going into Friday. Still want to pick up some more shares/calls this week.
    Last couple of quarters the SP has risen three days leading into the ER, then sank. Just sayin....
    06-24-13 10:28 AM
    From that standpoint, I can see why, but I'd like to see it move up towards and near the top downtrend line. If we beat by a lot, it will be easy to break out of the pennant and rally high..... if we disappoint, there's room to fall without destroying the formation to the downside.
    psy fi, bungaboy and m0de25 like this.
    06-24-13 10:29 AM
    They don't seem to give much guidance these days, so I'm not too hopeful. We may have to hold this for a long while to make some money, and I know some aren't going to be happy with that. I'll hold on as long as I can, which means I'll hold unless I absolutely needs to liquidate because I need the cash.

06-24-13 10:30 AM
    The sell side houses have this stock in control. Until some serious money is put on the table we are pinned. Big money is keeping us under $14.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-24-13 10:31 AM
    I will disclose up front that I am a shareholder. This company has been on my tracking radar for about 4 years. I only started to accumulate the stock over the last 9 months. In 30 years of following companies and markets I have not seen too many opportunities that are as easy to call as this one. My prediction is that this week will be your last opportunity to buy under $20. The stock appears to be at least $10 under valued based on current information and current trends. Wishing you all very prosperous week.
    I truly hope you are right as I own 500 shares, but if it was as easy to see and call as you suggest, the stock price would reflect it. No disrespect meant, and obviously I agree that there is significant upside, but the future of BBRY is far from certain at this point, the entire market is changing. There is plenty of risk here, and reward too....
    06-24-13 10:31 AM
    Hey Robert, that would be really nice. I'd love to see a new 52 week high following the ER, especially if it can hold it there and go up from there and not tank again following the ER. I'm all in and will hold what I have regardless, well, at least until a week past the September ER.
    06-24-13 10:32 AM
    $16 would be great going into the ER but I can't see it.
    06-24-13 10:32 AM
    Sure, I understand that. Traders are probably going take advantage of imminent ER and the underlaying uncertainty to make a few bucks, so there will be choppy water ahead. But if the BB ship is tight and heading in the right direction, then it will likely get to where we want it to be - the $100 party on a private island...LOL
    Gee, you make it sound like if you are not long then you are part of the problem! LOL!
    I guess I am part of the problem and sold today at $14.15 and then repurchased at $13.94. Sorry for being part of the problem, but it works quite well! ($1365 net)

Taking "advantage" is what made the market what it is today!

Your comments and others like them are what makes me mention the "Blackberry Koolaid"!
    lcjr and snejpa like this.
    06-24-13 10:33 AM
    I'm reducing my position by one half on the afternoon before the ER. I am expecting a December scenario but a quicker rebound.
    I'm holding my position right now, and if a December scenario occurs, my buy orders will fire as follow (had some cash back) :
    100 @ $CAN 14
    100 @ $CAN 13
    200 @ $CAN 10

Discl. : I have to fire my orders in advance, these triggers are nothing scientific, as usual.
    06-24-13 10:39 AM
    Just asking everyone to stop drinking the "Blackberry Koolaid" by around Wednesday so that you go into the ER on Friday with a "clear head"!

It can go either way!
    I agree with this. If the shorts have it their way on Friday, I can see this bottoming at lowest 12. I can't see the ER being so bad as to have the downside break through $12. That is a 15-17% hit. But upside could be UP TO 30% from here short term

MORGAN - what can you reaslistically see as a bottom if BBRY states .03 EPS and loses 4M subs? but with 3.5M BB10 and 3M BB7 sell in.
    06-24-13 10:40 AM
    Yeah, I'm definitely willing to wait till Thursday to go all-in.

Last couple of quarters the SP has risen three days leading into the ER, then sank. Just sayin....
    06-24-13 10:44 AM
    Welcome to the funniest trade-related thread Robert !
    Feel very welcome to give us (sorry, no ROI lol) a part of your knowledge, most of us are rookies but others are very experienced.
    Our general feeling here is trust, as we believe BB10/QNX story is still in its birthday suit.
    Good luck, and thank you for your wish !

(Antoine, OP and clown here )
    Bugmapper, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-24-13 10:45 AM
    We mentioned the term "BlackBerry Koolaid" here periodically. I think that's been fine jokingly.
    However, if we start to imply that we are being somehow brainwashed or mislead, then I think that's going a little too far. Who is providing the Koolaid? Most of us here do our own research on BlackBerry or TA analysis to guild our own decisions. I don't think that there is a common fountain of BlackBerry Koolaid here that we need to worry about.
    I think, and I agree, that Greg is throwing caution to those reading the thread that might not be as involved as the regulars on here. Let's not start throwing .50+ EPS around like it's a certainty. Do your own due diligence.

I believe it will be higher. It's my own educated kool-aid mix
    Superfly_FR, fedakd and bungaboy like this.
    06-24-13 10:49 AM
    I'm not counting on that. I know it's not easy being a CEO, but somebody had better coach and rehearse with him this time. Geez I don't want to watch clapping hands, giggling, and smiling. I want him to clearly state the facts as they are and the glidepath for the future.
    Yeah the time for campfire chats and singalongs has long since passed.
    fedakd likes this.
    06-24-13 10:51 AM
    Barrons

�With BlackBerry 10 sales being dominated by shrinking base of loyal subscribers, our checks confirmed that BlackBerry faces serious long-term challenges.�
    But, but.....Heins said that 45% of BB10 phone sales were to iOS and Android users.
    06-24-13 10:53 AM
    I agree with this. If the shorts have it their way on Friday, I can see this bottoming at lowest 12. I can't see the ER being so bad as to have the downside break through $12. That is a 15-17% hit. But upside could be UP TO 30% from here short termMORGAN - what can you reaslistically see as a bottom if BBRY states .03 EPS and loses 4M subs? but with 3.5M BB10 and 3M BB7 sell in.
    I've said all along that we can swing $4 in either direction after the ER. Worst case is December all over again and we plunge to $10.
    06-24-13 10:57 AM
113,256 ... 13551356135713581359 ...