View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    In last 6 months, at every big BlackBerry events, SP has gone down. This time, I really hope that It reverse and TH come out much like tesla CEO.

Eventually now he has to come out as BOLD. It's now time to show stars to shorties during the day time.

Come on TH, be BOLD and support your investors.

Posted via CB10
    I sent IR a very direct email stating just that. It's time to show they will support the non institutional shareholders who are backing the company with proper forward guidance (don't sandbag and keep giving the shorts ammo to pay shills to deteriorate the brand). I really hope for solid accurate Q2 guidance and even better full year guidance. Oh and BES 10 DOD. Oh and Leno partnership. All media released in the 28th. DO IT!
    fedakd likes this.
    06-23-13 07:34 PM
    One thing I really want to know .... who are these sharts? What's their goal ... their endgame? I'll post the question to everyone for some great speculation and discussion. But first I'd like to hear from Morgan...

Personally, I truly believe there's something or someone insidious behind it ... a presence that I have not felt in a long long time (enter Darth Vader and the Supreme Chancellor) ..
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-23-13 08:17 PM
    I'm reducing my position by one half on the afternoon before the ER. I am expecting a December scenario but a quicker rebound.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    06-23-13 08:19 PM
    Hey All,

I just want to keep this short and simple. It isn't often we deal with many issues in Calgary but after spending all weekend helping out friends and others with the recent Alberta Flood, I'd appreciate it if any of you could take the time to donate (even 1 shares worth) to the Canadian Red Cross. I can't speak for others but I've never been this close to anything so tragic and I understand a flood may not be nearly as comparable to some of the other natural disaster others have faced but to see this hit home is awful. My work building is flooded as with many others in downtown Calgary. Thousands of people I know can't replace their homes and memories lost. I've started the initiative to donate a week of time or a week of pay between everyone I know and it has raised a large chunk of money.

Appreciate anyone who has taken the time to read this!

Cheers and on the topic of BBRY lets hope for a home run on Friday as I am also pledging all my profits this week on the market towards the Alberta Flood relief as well.

Regards

gohan_bcc

The Calgary Zoo (All Animals were evacuated and deemed to be safe...Although I'd be ****ting my pants in jail if I was celled beside a tiger).

A block away from my office.
    Last edited by gohan_bcc; 06-23-13 at 09:29 PM.
    06-23-13 08:58 PM
    Sad to see, gohan... Hope recovery is swift and proper. I'll be donating a few shares worth this week.

Take care
    06-23-13 09:39 PM
    I'm reducing my position by one half on the afternoon before the ER. I am expecting a December scenario but a quicker rebound.
    It's a safe call. But with good earnings and even better Q2 guidance it could pop to 18-20...even 25 if there is some covering.
    06-23-13 10:01 PM
    This stock will only climb solidly after the institutions have invested much more heavily. The retail investors have weak hands are largely unsophisticated and therefore cause extreme volatility.
    This is the things. The money will flow into the company if ER is good, guidance is good, and it's evident the SP is undervalued on fundamentals. They can overcome the short game that will be attempted on the conference call about a few dubious questions. I am very split on how the SP will react with good earnings, and good guidance, and a 3M sub loss.
    06-23-13 10:05 PM
    Hey All,

I just want to keep this short and simple. It isn't often we deal with many issues in Calgary but after spending all weekend helping out friends and others with the recent Alberta Flood, I'd appreciate it if any of you could take the time to donate (even 1 shares worth) to the Canadian Red Cross.
    Thanks for the reminder. Was watching the news tonight in disbelief... just kinda stunned by the amount of damage. will donate ASAP.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    06-23-13 10:14 PM
    Thanks for the reminder. Was watching the news tonight in disbelief... just kinda stunned by the amount of damage. will donate ASAP.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    It truly is unbelievable. What makes matters worse is how you can truly see how the world views the place you live, I spent a good chunk of time reading some articles to see where help was needed and all I can see in the comments is hatred towards Alberta and how we deserve what was coming because of the Oil Sands and how it's no big deal because only the rich were affected. Just awful to know that people are having the time of their lives off of a Provinces misfortunes. Disgusting how people were raised.

Politics aside, I really do appreciate some of you thinking twice about donating and helping out. Just out of curiosity as I'm from Calgary so of course my Internet/TV was drowned in the news. Did it get around to anywhere outside of Calgary that this was happening?
    bungaboy and matthewriedle like this.
    06-23-13 10:23 PM
    It truly is unbelievable. What makes matters worse is how you can truly see how the world views the place you live, I spent a good chunk of time reading some articles to see where help was needed and all I can see in the comments is hatred towards Alberta and how we deserve what was coming because of the Oil Sands and how it's no big deal because only the rich were affected. Just awful to know that people are having the time of their lives off of a Provinces misfortunes. Disgusting how people were raised.

Politics aside, I really do appreciate some of you thinking twice about donating and helping out. Just out of curiosity as I'm from Calgary so of course my Internet/TV was drowned in the news. Did it get around to anywhere outside of Calgary that this was happening?
    I didn't hear about it in NYC but I pay less attention to the news on the weekends.
    We had our own issues with Sandy from last year. In fact I was talking to builders today about rebuilding my family's beach house (really it was not much more than a shack) that was destroyed by Sandy. We are looking at putting the house seven feet up on pilings!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    06-23-13 10:30 PM
    This is a good time for me to point out that Fairfax has around 30% of its portfolio in BBRY shares right now.

I recall reading an interview with Watsa (or possibly it was someone else but I don't think it matters to my point) where he pointed out that if you have yourself spread too thinly among a lot of different companies, then it becomes extremely difficult to get better than average returns. You're obviously cushioned against bad picks dropping your net worth significantly, but likewise you can't really expect any big increases either.

There are lots of ways to invest. I happen to have more than 50% of my own holdings in BB stock at this point. I do agree that having 100% would be foolhardy -- in my position -- but if I had a portfolio worth much less, I think I'd be okay with going all in on BB right now. I'd rather gamble on their success (which I consider likely, over the medium term) and gain a lot, than spread my risk around too much and get only a few percentage points boost from BBRY succeeding.
    Agreed sometimes you have insights into something for some reason and then it is better to be focused and not in index funds. But I doubt too many of us get more than a few of those in sights more than a few times every few years. I had a nice pick a few years ago that I road from 60 cents to 6 dollars. If had our enough money in it I could have changed my life. (Especially if I had held on as I believe the stock trades at 20 now.) And I had more money that I could have put in it. But I was cautious. That was a good example of being too cautious.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    peter9477 likes this.
    06-23-13 10:36 PM

Yes, it is everywhere on the news in Ontario. Problem is that the images are not that descriptive of the actual scope of damage. I've been to Alberta so I can visualize what is happening but I'm sure many people get numb to flood stories from places they have never been to.

(sorry for a bit of OT Discussions everyone)
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-23-13 10:41 PM
    I
    I live in Montreal and am now visiting my parents in T.O. I've noticed a great deal of coverage in both places... It has constantly mention in CP24. Make no mistake, it's a huge story especially since it's rare to have this sort of devastation in a metropolitan area. The rest of the country has you in our thoughts!

There also have been many "latest news" links about the flood over at CNN with hundreds of comments. I've also read stories about the zoo, Saddledome, casualties at canoe.ca
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-23-13 11:01 PM
    I don't know who really would want to short a stock and not give a crap that the company YOY has revenue and profit growth. Subs aren't counted the same as before. They've somewhat outlined how they plan to increase subscriber growth, and that's though the BB10 enterprise, which includes device management.

Shorts just don't believe that people are willing to buy blackberry devices. If the forecast for this Friday is to report a .03 gain and we get .60 cents and a forecast to get same or better numbers next quarter then said short is a dumdum, because it's obvious that Blackberry is very conservative and sandbagging. They admitted during the last call to be possibly sandbagging and I think the question was asked by Misek and they slipped out and confirmed it.

Posted via CB10
    Source!

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 11:18 PM
    was that posted here? What is your thoughts about that?
    BBRY Message Board | Research In Motion Limited Stock - Yahoo! Finance

kdaniels0690 � Jun 15, 2013 4:24 PM Flag

22 users liked this posts users disliked this posts 0

MAJOR ACCUMULATION of BBRY - Manufactured squeeze on June 28th, 2013

Guys,

Can't reveal my sources, but I can say for certain that the accumulation you've all been made aware of in BBRY is real, and will continue up until ER. The news feed CNBC and MSN used for their ATL capital sources made the mistake of posting the short position prior to them being legally required to filing their 13Fs.

The institutional ownership of BBRY is over 80%. Short interest at 40%. On June 28th, when BlackBerry blows past consensus' top and bottom lines, the rug will be pulled. Prime Cap (they have loaned out 20M shares and will recall them). A material squeeze WILL occur.

Share price will rapidly move to levels never thought possible. Short hedge funds will go insolvent. The stock will easily triple, closing the day at $50+. This is where the fun begins, because over the weekend, the fun will continue. The shorts will be on the phone with the long funds asking how much $$$$ they want for their blocks!!! Music chairs, but this time, everyone loses. There won't be a single winner in the end except for every single owner that has held BlackBerry long.

June 28th is D-day. Goodbye shorts. Goodbye Maverick Capital.

+++++++
    Pavel_ru: If you are correct about this I will hug you manly-style, but if you are wrong, I will poke you in the corniac!

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 and Bugmapper like this.
    06-23-13 11:46 PM
    It's a safe call. But with good earnings and even better Q2 guidance it could pop to 18-20...even 25 if there is some covering.
    Or, if we hover around $13 all week and we do poorly in any one area we could plunge to less than $10. A December scenario all over again. What's worrisome now is that people are even selling the rumours. We need strong hands, which means institutions investing.
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 06-24-13 at 05:43 AM.
    06-24-13 05:33 AM
    This is the things. The money will flow into the company if ER is good, guidance is good, and it's evident the SP is undervalued on fundamentals. They can overcome the short game that will be attempted on the conference call about a few dubious questions. I am very split on how the SP will react with good earnings, and good guidance, and a 3M sub loss.
    I'm absolutely split on the potential reaction...50-50 to be exact...lol
    06-24-13 05:36 AM
    I believe that they need between $0.88 and $1.32 to gain any serious respect and that is the range I'm hoping they land in. I believe that anything less than $0.32 will somehow be picked apart as a failure.
    06-24-13 05:42 AM
    I'm absolutely split on the potential reaction...50-50 to be exact...lol
    After reading for the last 20 minutes in this forum, I am seeing a lot of caution which I think is wise.

With less than a stellar ER, BBRY will and can take a real negative drop! With all the lack of news from Blackberry, I fear a ER that is not so good.

On the other hand, a good ER will make BBRY move forward, even with the shorts!

I wish us all good luck on Friday!
    06-24-13 05:46 AM
    After reading for the last 20 minutes in this forum, I am seeing a lot of caution which I think is wise.With less than a stellar ER, BBRY will and can take a real negative drop! With all the lack of news from Blackberry, I fear a ER that is not so good.On the other hand, a good ER will make BBRY move forward, even with the shorts!I wish us all good luck on Friday!
    Yeah, I couldn't imagine if they missed. That would be a nightmare for sure. However, highly unlikely.
    06-24-13 05:54 AM
    So, my guess for this ER is:

Worst case: break even

Best case: above $0.88

Anyone else?
    06-24-13 05:56 AM
    Source!

Posted via CB10
    Listen to the conference call when Misek asks about the guidance and questions them saying something along the lines of " looks like you're going to beat next quarter, but you gave very conservative guidance." Getting my kids ready for school. I look for the transcript in a bit.
    morganplus8, peter9477 and fedakd like this.
    06-24-13 06:01 AM
    So, my guess for this ER is:

Worst case: break even

Best case: above $0.88

Anyone else?
    .88 means more than 8 million BB10 devices.
    06-24-13 06:02 AM
    Something to consider.IF we put out some good numbers Friday should be amazing as TSX is closed monday correct? If things are great maybe the shorts in canada sell off on friday because if things go up like crazy in the states on monday then the shorts in Canada would be screwed hahahah!!!!!!!!! So my guess is they would want out on friday in canada triggering a bigger rise!
    06-24-13 06:13 AM
    .88 means more than 8 million BB10 devices.
    I see 4 million BB10s with that scenario.
    06-24-13 06:14 AM
113,256 ... 13521353135413551356 ...