View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Yeah, they are not really committing to a verdict... It's still too early to gauge BB10s traction, frankly.But how about this gem from the comment section:"Yeah. maybe Blackberry do really doing it's come back."Maclean's should hire that dude, Lol!
    Yeah, they seem to lack the confidence to call positive or negative. I guess they're waiting until it is up in lights before they "predict" where BBRY is headed.
    m0de25 likes this.
    06-23-13 09:05 AM
    Morgan 8 has gained so much respect from me that now, I only read posts that are thanked by him.
    06-23-13 09:14 AM
    I set limit order this morning like suggested. I just find it a little weird to buy into a market automatically as it opens. but i'd like to get in a little more before anymore favorable reports come out. I set my limit order at 14.50 so I'm sure it will execute right away when the market opens.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    I scooped up some more at $13.90 ... just wondering why at $14.50.. shouldn't up try to buy low as possible

BBM CHANNEL C000EF854 < bbry stocks*C0004ABC9
    06-23-13 09:35 AM
    was that posted here? What is your thoughts about that?
    BBRY Message Board | Research In Motion Limited Stock - Yahoo! Finance

kdaniels0690 � Jun 15, 2013 4:24 PM Flag

22 users liked this posts users disliked this posts 0

MAJOR ACCUMULATION of BBRY - Manufactured squeeze on June 28th, 2013

Guys,

Can't reveal my sources, but I can say for certain that the accumulation you've all been made aware of in BBRY is real, and will continue up until ER. The news feed CNBC and MSN used for their ATL capital sources made the mistake of posting the short position prior to them being legally required to filing their 13Fs.

The institutional ownership of BBRY is over 80%. Short interest at 40%. On June 28th, when BlackBerry blows past consensus' top and bottom lines, the rug will be pulled. Prime Cap (they have loaned out 20M shares and will recall them). A material squeeze WILL occur.

Share price will rapidly move to levels never thought possible. Short hedge funds will go insolvent. The stock will easily triple, closing the day at $50+. This is where the fun begins, because over the weekend, the fun will continue. The shorts will be on the phone with the long funds asking how much $$$$ they want for their blocks!!! Music chairs, but this time, everyone loses. There won't be a single winner in the end except for every single owner that has held BlackBerry long.

June 28th is D-day. Goodbye shorts. Goodbye Maverick Capital.
    What?!?!?! Short Squeeze on 28th!
    My plan was to NOT chicken out THIS time. I thought I'd sell some stocks as it crosses $17.5 and then buy them back when it falls back down few dollars. I've lost so many opportunities to do this in last 6 months because I thought 'what if it doesn't come down this time? What if there is a short squeeze this time?'.

But now I was almost convinced that short squeeze won't occur untill Sep ER. So, it's ok to sell this time. But now, having read this post, I feel like my inner-chicken has woken up again. I won't be selling.

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    lcjr, Acumenight, Compaqee and 1 others like this.
    06-23-13 10:06 AM
    What?!?!?! Short Squeeze on 28th!
    My plan was to NOT chicken out THIS time. I thought I'd sell some stocks as it crosses $17.5 and then buy them back when it falls back down few dollars. I've lost so many opportunities to do this in last 6 months because I thought 'what if it doesn't come down this time? What if there is a short squeeze this time?'.

But now I was almost convinced that short squeeze won't occur untill Sep ER. So, it's ok to sell this time. But now, having read this post, I feel like my inner-chicken has woken up again. I won't be selling.

Why not just buy more on the dips? My biggest lesson ive learned with Blackberry is that when I go to buy a stock that I believe in. Don't jump in with all money right away. Buy some and see where you end up. Like me buy at 18.12 and the next week it was at $13 if I didn't use all the money I could have gotten a better position. Thankfully we have dipped again and I have bought more. But I realized jumping in and out is ok. But adding on weakness is maybe better.

I'd like to play the dips as well! I think ill see how we go this week. If we get a good run up I might sell HALF my position and then if we move down I can jump back in.

Don't be a chicken. If people say we are undervalued and it seems like things are going well then hang on!!
    FastLane228 and Compaqee like this.
    06-23-13 10:15 AM
    Why not just buy more on the dips?
    This is my first time ever buying stock. I already spent all I had back in November. Can't buy more. Been holding since then. Have had so many opportunities to play the dips since then but didn't sell.

Now I was planning on selling some (HALF) too but if we see a short squeeze post June, I'd feel pretty stupid for doing this after having resisted so many times when stock was much more volatile.

I guess I can hold untill end of the year or maybe mid-next year and wait for eventual squeeze.

Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-23-13 10:31 AM
    This is my first time ever buying stock. I already spent all I had back in November. Can't buy more. Been holding since then. Have had so many opportunities to play the dips since then but didn't sell.

Now I was planning on selling some (HALF) too but if we see a short squeeze post June, I'd feel pretty stupid for doing this after having resisted so many times when stock was much more volatile.

I guess I can hold untill end of the year or maybe mid-next year and wait for eventual squeeze.

If it was me, I would wait until after 28 June before selling anything. We're too close right now and anything can happen. Will the squeeze happen?? Maybe, maybe not. But after a few days following the ER you'll have a clearer picture.
    06-23-13 11:01 AM
    If it was me, I would wait until after 28 June before selling anything. We're too close right now and anything can happen. Will the squeeze happen?? Maybe, maybe not. But after a few days following the ER you'll have a clearer picture.
    I just plan on having my account open with a sell order of half my position as a just in case measure. Not going to set a price, just prepared to sell if the mood strikes. I don't want to find myself in a position like December where the price jumped then fell back. Watch the news, read the sentiment, and act accordingly.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 11:11 AM
    I say someone start a thread over in news and rumors asking for insight...I'm Sure someone smarter than everyone on this earth would answer Dat.

Posted via CB10
    take99 likes this.
    06-23-13 12:20 PM
    Some weird stuff going on with institutional ownership these days, looking at msn money we see almost 70% ownership, nasdaq shows close to 55%, yahoo, 59% but whats weird is that all these locations show no mike lizards, his shares have seemed to disapear from the picture, hmmmm what is going on here people?
    Is he on the board still? If so he has to report as an inside. If off board, he no longer needs to report.

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper and anon(4086547) like this.
    06-23-13 12:22 PM

Guys,

Can't reveal my sources, but I can say for certain that the accumulation you've all been made aware of in BBRY is real, and will continue up until ER. The news feed CNBC and MSN used for their ATL capital sources made the mistake of posting the short position prior to them being legally required to filing their 13Fs.

The institutional ownership of BBRY is over 80%. Short interest at 40%. On June 28th, when BlackBerry blows past consensus' top and bottom lines, the rug will be pulled. Prime Cap (they have loaned out 20M shares and will recall them). A material squeeze WILL occur.

Share price will rapidly move to levels never thought possible. Short hedge funds will go insolvent. The stock will easily triple, closing the day at $50+. This is where the fun begins, because over the weekend, the fun will continue. The shorts will be on the phone with the long funds asking how much $$$$ they want for their blocks!!! Music chairs, but this time, everyone loses. There won't be a single winner in the end except for every single owner that has held BlackBerry long.

Only one source less reliable than analysts. The yahoo stock forums.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 12:23 PM
    Ya lazardis is not on the bod anymore so he is not an insider so he no longer has to report.

Sites still showing him as an insider could have stale data.

He would have to report if he became a 10% holder.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and anon(4086547) like this.
    06-23-13 12:29 PM

Guys,

Guys, of course it is a crazy scenario. I've asked a professional trader about that, and here is his reply:
    "Crazy article.....not sure if the guy is for real but that is illegal that type of insider trading info so I doubt it is for real
    Looking at the chart if BBRY holds 13.30 it will see 16 at least if not then 10.00 here we come"
    And by the way he doesn't trade blackberry. Too unpredictable.
    06-23-13 01:34 PM
    Ya lazardis is not on the bod anymore so he is not an insider so he no longer has to report.

Sites still showing him as an insider could have stale data.

He would have to report if he became a 10% holder.

Posted via CB10
    We have Lizaridis here:
    BlackBerry - BBRY - Stock Quotes
    06-23-13 01:47 PM
    Must read interview with TH from october, here is a bit

Thorsten Heins interview Pt 2: Secrets of BlackBerry 10 : Marklives!com

AG: That data layer across most networks globally sounds like an incredible strategic asset – BlackBerry’s secret weapon. How do you plan to leverage it?
    TH (nodding vigorously): This is the secure, reliable connectivity layer for mobile computing that sits on top of carrier networks. They can run their own services across it, but the secure layer on top of this, globally, will come from us.
    06-23-13 03:03 PM
    I did catch that link but if you look a round it seems that their is something going on all sites have different numbers but lazardis is off all the lists
    Mike for sure has his shares and it that was reconfirmed when he stepped down from the board. It clearly said that he had no plans on selling his stake.

Posted via CB10
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    06-23-13 03:05 PM
    Also

'At launch, there will be three full-screen devices with a virtual keyboard, and three devices with a physical QWERTY keyboard, but you will have the same BlackBerry 10 experience on all of these.'

So it looks like another qwerty prob low end will hit this year yet?
    06-23-13 03:05 PM
    Also part one of the interview, refreshing to read a real interview from a professional journalist

Gadget Web Site - Thorsten Heins interview Pt 1: BlackBerry in Africa

TH: The bigger investors look at RIM from a different perspective. For example, if you look at Fairfax Financial Holdings, a large investment fund. Prem Watsa, who runs it, has a strategy of investing in long term value creation, and they have bought 10% of RIM’s shares.

Investors expect us to perform. But also when we showed them the strategy, when we showed them where we want to be from both the enterprise business and device point of view, they accepted our strategy. Now it’s up to us to deliver. We’re approaching the finish line for BlackBerry10 and we need to take it to a global launch and deliver on our strategy.

I understand the thoughts of investors, but we have a strategy in place for the long term. We will be a company that creates long term value. I’d say it would be different if we were only a developer or an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer). But BlackBerry sits in many enterprises. We have a 92% Fortune 500 installed base, and that base wants us to succeed.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-23-13 03:15 PM
    Also

'At launch, there will be three full-screen devices with a virtual keyboard, and three devices with a physical QWERTY keyboard, but you will have the same BlackBerry 10 experience on all of these.'

So it looks like another qwerty prob low end will hit this year yet?
    I'd expect a Q15 after Aristo. Then the Q10 slides into mid tier while the Q5 becomes low end.

Also, take old statements with a grain of salt. Remember that they also said that they will not venture into unprofitable devices. If their finance depth says they need X units to sell for a new product to be profitable and they project fewer sales, it will never be produced.

I pray that they are smart enough to make aristo 1080p though.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 03:20 PM
    We have Lizaridis here:
    BlackBerry - BBRY - Stock Quotes
    My point is that he might not show up consistently on various sites since he no longer is an insider. Eventually no sits will report him

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 03:22 PM
    06-23-13 03:23 PM
    Link does not work, past the con taints please.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 03:46 PM
    Link does not work, past the con taints please.

Posted via CB10
    They seem to have pulled the article.
    06-23-13 03:58 PM
    Hi All,

I've created a bbm group for the purposes of discusses friday's earnings release. You can post your PIN and I will add you when I can or, better yet, scan the barcode below.

This is mostly for selfish purposes as I'm not sure if I will be able to listen live and hopefully others will be able to keep the rest of us up to date.

Cheers.

Edit: not sure why it's posting both. Please scan the top one.

Attachment 175305
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000697.png  
    Last edited by dusdal; 06-23-13 at 08:53 PM.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-23-13 04:10 PM
    They seem to have pulled the article.
    Yep seems to have vanished!
    06-23-13 04:16 PM
113,256 ... 13501351135213531354 ...