View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT a bit, but I actually purchased two Z10s. One black and one white. If we get a good pop I'm running out and buying a Q10 just because.

Had to purchase another Z10 because my first had a bad spill down concrete stairs onto the sidewalk, and having to go back to my iphone for the 2 days was really annoying. Blackberry to the world baby!!!
    lcjr, dusdal, Korepab and 2 others like this.
    06-22-13 09:11 PM
    I'm freaking rolling here with the professional guidance on the ancient art of cork soaking. Seems there's a requirement for quality cork and the certified and trained soaker.
    OK, i wasn't paying attention. Should I ask what you guys are talking about?
    06-22-13 09:34 PM
    Haven't seen this posted. Somewhat interesting... Next Fifteen is the new communications group brought on to bolster BlackBerry's image.

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/201...isco-cool.html
    Last edited by m0de25; 06-22-13 at 10:31 PM.
    ItsTheBox likes this.
    06-22-13 10:02 PM
    Pretty good article from Maclean's. They give the possibility of BlackBerry comeback a "tentative yes":

http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/06/18/a...erry-comeback/
    Acumenight likes this.
    06-22-13 10:07 PM
    06-22-13 10:16 PM
    Pretty good article from Maclean's. They give the possibility of BlackBerry comeback a "tentative yes":

A BlackBerry comeback? - Business Blog - Macleans.ca
    So, nothiung reallly. BBRY might do OK. Thanks for that maccleans!
    06-22-13 10:17 PM
    Haven't seen this posted. Somewhat interesting... Next Fifteen is the new communications group brought on to bolster BlackBerry's image.

Bloomberg
    link fail?
    06-22-13 10:27 PM
    I bought a Z10 first then a Q10 when it came out, have not been able to put down the Q since ive gotten it. Gave my dad my old iphone and now hes telling me to get him the new BB, he is 60 -_-

OT a bit, but I actually purchased two Z10s. One black and one white. If we get a good pop I'm running out and buying a Q10 just because.

Had to purchase another Z10 because my first had a bad spill down concrete stairs onto the sidewalk, and having to go back to my iphone for the 2 days was really annoying. Blackberry to the world baby!!!
    06-22-13 10:31 PM
    link fail?

Yeah, not sure why... I think i fixed it, try again
    kfh227 likes this.
    06-22-13 10:32 PM
    So, nothiung reallly. BBRY might do OK. Thanks for that maccleans!
    Yeah, they are not really committing to a verdict... It's still too early to gauge BB10s traction, frankly.
    But how about this gem from the comment section:

"Yeah. maybe Blackberry do really doing it's come back."

Maclean's should hire that dude, Lol!
    06-22-13 10:47 PM
    OK, i wasn't paying attention. Should I ask what you guys are talking about?
    06-22-13 10:58 PM
    I'm pretty sure that it is the carriers that push out the updates in Canada as well.
    I think the Canadian carriers can push them out right away because they use a pretty standard (lightly tweaked) OS build vs the US carriers ...more tweaking means longer delays
    06-23-13 12:09 AM
    So here's my midnight rant ... when MS Windows was number 1 in the late nineties and early 2000's we all loved to hate them. Apple was that weird computer that only rich people who didn't want pirated software used. Now Apple is in the same boat ... I hate them ... monopoly rich punks. Can't stand them for the life of me ... trouble is that everyone turned to their favorite open source Linux then to Android. But the true enemy Google has reared it's ugly head ... spying on us all. So ... who's left to trust ... Blackberry. A true Blackberry OS for laptops, tablets and phones ... oh wait your house, car, and Tv oh wait your MRI machine, work terminal ... where does it end? Blackberry and QNX will dominate. It's only a matter of how soon ...
    Last edited by jon_stark_28; 06-23-13 at 12:28 AM.
    06-23-13 12:18 AM
    I bought a Z10 first then a Q10 when it came out, have not been able to put down the Q since ive gotten it. Gave my dad my old iphone and now hes telling me to get him the new BB, he is 60 -_-
    Hahah, i've been having trouble trying not to admire the design of the Q10. It's a beautifully designed phone, that performs flawlessly.
    morganplus8, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-23-13 01:16 AM
    Some weird stuff going on with institutional ownership these days, looking at msn money we see almost 70% ownership, nasdaq shows close to 55%, yahoo, 59% but whats weird is that all these locations show no mike lizards, his shares have seemed to disapear from the picture, hmmmm what is going on here people?
    fedakd likes this.
    06-23-13 01:39 AM
    Anyone else notice this?
    06-23-13 01:40 AM
    was that posted here? What is your thoughts about that?
    BBRY Message Board | Research In Motion Limited Stock - Yahoo! Finance

kdaniels0690 • Jun 15, 2013 4:24 PM Flag

22 users liked this posts users disliked this posts 0

MAJOR ACCUMULATION of BBRY - Manufactured squeeze on June 28th, 2013

Guys,

Can't reveal my sources, but I can say for certain that the accumulation you've all been made aware of in BBRY is real, and will continue up until ER. The news feed CNBC and MSN used for their ATL capital sources made the mistake of posting the short position prior to them being legally required to filing their 13Fs.

The institutional ownership of BBRY is over 80%. Short interest at 40%. On June 28th, when BlackBerry blows past consensus' top and bottom lines, the rug will be pulled. Prime Cap (they have loaned out 20M shares and will recall them). A material squeeze WILL occur.

Share price will rapidly move to levels never thought possible. Short hedge funds will go insolvent. The stock will easily triple, closing the day at $50+. This is where the fun begins, because over the weekend, the fun will continue. The shorts will be on the phone with the long funds asking how much $$$$ they want for their blocks!!! Music chairs, but this time, everyone loses. There won't be a single winner in the end except for every single owner that has held BlackBerry long.

June 28th is D-day. Goodbye shorts. Goodbye Maverick Capital.
    Last edited by Pavel_ru; 06-23-13 at 02:49 AM.
    06-23-13 02:02 AM
    I did catch that link but if you look a round it seems that their is something going on all sites have different numbers but lazardis is off all the lists
    06-23-13 02:36 AM
    I did catch that link but if you look a round it seems that their is something going on all sites have different numbers but lazardis is off all the lists
    Can we ask him on Twitter?)) Or may be Kevin knows something? Kevin give us a hint!
    06-23-13 02:53 AM
    Some weird stuff going on with institutional ownership these days, looking at msn money we see almost 70% ownership, nasdaq shows close to 55%, yahoo, 59% but whats weird is that all these locations show no mike lizards, his shares have seemed to disapear from the picture, hmmmm what is going on here people?
    I can see his name on cnbc though
    06-23-13 05:26 AM
    Interest findings about PRIMECAP MANAGEMENT COMPANY.

I was looking at institutional holders and fund holders on several websites and found some interesting things.

BBRY Major Holders | Research In Motion Limited Stock - Yahoo! Finance

When you check yahoo, you will find Primecap Management Company which currently holding about 26m shares and it makes the firm top second institutional holder. (I'm not sure why they removed Lazardis from the list).

Then lets move on to top mutual fund holders, especially top 1,2 and 9. Do you see the name vanguard there? especially first one which labeled as Vanguard/Primecap Fund. Does this look familiar?

I have prime access to research website (I'm not sure if I can reveal this information to public so I'll keep it private but check my screenshots) so I looked over their information.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-primecap.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-vanguard-cap.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-vanguard-primecap.jpg

hm? how come they have all same contact information? this website is one of top research institutions in the world and I believe their information is highly credible.

based on this information I added all the shares these firms currently own.

Primecap: 26,243k
    +Vangaurd/Primecap: 10,438k
    +Vanguard Horizon fund: 7,108k
    +Vanguard International: 2,127k
    +other institutional and fund holders appoxtimately 5m
    = approximately 49M shares, which makes top second holders of bbry next to Fairfax.

One more thing I noticed about these firms is they were bbry holders prior to 2011 and haven't sold their shares until today.

I read some threads that Primecap borrowed 20M to shorts here before.
    So my assumption is that I think they are trying to cover their loss by borrowing their holdings. Then what if they, primecap, vanguard/primecap and subsidiaries, let shorts to borrow their holdings? what if its not only 20M that they lent but 40M+?

You can ignore my assumptions but IMO they are all related and they will hold their position until they cover the loss.
    Acumenight, cjcampbell and lcjr like this.
    06-23-13 06:54 AM
    Wow, you guys make my head hurt! I sure hope that you are right about some of this stuff but it is all a bit too speculative for me.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    snejpa, cjcampbell, lcjr and 3 others like this.
    06-23-13 07:13 AM
    So I think I'm going to double down on Monday. Well not literally but I think I'm going in again for about another 35%. It gets me to a nice round number on shares and i d like to have a bigger position going into the earnings release. Not that I'm expecting anything drastic. But I think this might be the last chance to buy in the low teens. I think Android sales are vastly overestimated by the market and the value of a qwerty keyboard underestimated. (And I say this as I struggle with my nexus 7, argh).

Now the question is do I set the trade over the weekend so it executes in the morning. Or do I log in and do it manually. Since my work day starts at 9, it means I might be busy at the opening bell and so not buy exactly at opening.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    I would say set your limit today and hopefully it will execute at your price.. are you expecting to get in lower.. go for it

BBM CHANNEL C000EF854 < bbry stocks*C0004ABC9<Pin friends meet
    06-23-13 07:49 AM
    I would say set your limit today and hopefully it will execute at your price.. are you expecting to get in lower.. go for it

BBM CHANNEL C000EF854 < bbry stocks*C0004ABC9<Pin friends meet
    I set limit order this morning like suggested. I just find it a little weird to buy into a market automatically as it opens. but i'd like to get in a little more before anymore favorable reports come out. I set my limit order at 14.50 so I'm sure it will execute right away when the market opens.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    FastLane228 likes this.
    06-23-13 08:22 AM
    Are you talking TSX or NASDAQ? On TSX 14.50 should be fine. However we normally start off higher then dip. I imagine you could get some around 14.43 but I guess .07 isn't that much of a difference.

I feel like we should run up this week and hopefully a short squeeze gets triggered. However with this stock it does the unexpected so I think we might actually have a flat week untill friday.
    06-23-13 08:34 AM
113,256 ... 13491350135113521353 ...