View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Trouble with Venezuelan Carriers not forwarding Service fees?EnOriente - Venezuela sin divisas para el BlackberryVenezuela without currency for Blackberry Print Email Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:09 DraftingDue to the inability to access foreign exchange with which to pay off that commitment recognized Canadian brand, have seen the need to change strategy and seek partnerships with other companies, according to research conducted by the newspaper "as is"."In Venezuela, until the last quarter of last year, dominated the scene Blackberry Smartphones with about five million users, with an average of 250,000 new subscribers to its services quarterly, with any carrier, but in the first quarter of this year, the cake began to turn and the adherence to its services decreased to less than 70 000, in an environment in which Google's Android platform and Apple's iPhone lesser extent, begin taking better positions, "he says in the note.ReasonsThe debt that Venezuelan mobile operators have with Canada Blackberry for services associated with their devices (pin, email encryption, security, etc.), which exceeds $ 200 million, has launched a new strategy in their sale plans smartphones to promote other devices including Google's Android, and thus leave until today dependence Smartphoneman�a king in the country.According to sources, the limitation on access to foreign exchange for the operators, has generated a load in their dealings with Blackberry that is unsustainable as time passes, because for every active user of their services, they pay, in average, about five Canadian dollars a month and during the last eight months have accumulated debts without much hope of being honored soon, so we have taken the decision to support other brands of phones and thus reduce, the faster the better The presence of Blackberry in their portfolios.To sample the last two releases of the Canadian in the country, Z10 and Q10, considered oxygen to the troubled company, where there was no accompanying mobile operators or being exclusive brand as in the past, when they fought by having the first and exclusive Blackberry model.In Venezuela, BlackBerry has to begin a process of restructuring its strategies if it is to maintain control, because to continue their current service model, is likely to lose speed much faster than perceived and if they are coupled to their models are focused on the premium segment, could complicate things more.DatumIn Venezuela, until the last quarter of last year, dominated the scene Blackberry Smartphones with about five million users
    WTF???
    06-21-13 03:19 PM
    The sell side houses have been busy matching buys these past few days. The shorts are desperately holding down the price. Moreover, I expect that there is a sizeable number of shares that are set to sell on ER day just to scare off a bunch of green horns and their weak hands. Keep some cash on hand for the plunge and rally next Friday.
    This is where we really need to hear input from the smart guys on this board
    ..that includes you CM.

Do the bears have enough stock to sell off to trigger stops and a scare even with a report that beats expectations say 0.30 EPS and loss of 2M subs 4m bb10 and 3.5 m bb7.

There is no more stock to borrow short. The only thing they can try is to sell stock to each other and push the price down. But the big guys have a lot of cash and if earnings are good why wouldn't they just jump in at the bargain price...
    lcjr likes this.
    06-21-13 03:24 PM
    This is where we really need to hear input from the smart guys on this board
    ..that includes you CM.

Do the bears have enough stock to sell off to trigger stops and a scare even with a report that beats expectations say 0.30 EPS and loss of 2M subs 4m bb10 and 3.5 m bb7.

There is no more stock to borrow short. The only thing they can try is to sell stock to each other and push the price down. But the big guys have a lot of cash and if earnings are good why wouldn't they just jump in at the bargain price...
    That's exactly what I was getting at earlier. How in the world can this play out?? Is there such a possibility of the SP being so shorted that it negates itself? Meaning, is it possible to hold this down permanently or at least control the SP now?
    06-21-13 03:33 PM
    I'm not really concerned with the SP until after 28 June. I am very curious as to what will happen the week following the ER. I'm sure there are those that think the results are going to start a squeeze or the SP will be corrected/adjusted to $22-$25, but how do you get the shorts to let go of their money? There's a lot of money on the table and the shorts are in neck deep in a pool of trouble. Anybody got any predictions so far?
    What I'd like to see is a continued increase in the hard to borrow fee. It's at 11-12% right now, but if it gets a lot higher it could cause shorts to unwind their positions even with a moderately positive report. There's no point in paying a lot of interest if the action is going to be sideways at worst over the next three months.

I think that's what partially contributed to Tesla's rise. Rates were closer to 50% at earnings time, and after that report quite a few shorts decided that it wasn't worth paying close to $10 per share in interest to wait around for the next report.

If someone is negative on BlackBerry's long-term future, it probably makes best sense for them to cover quickly on a strong report, wait for the price to settle at a higher level and for the hard to borrow rates to go back down, and then open a new short position.
    lcjr and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-21-13 03:45 PM
    WTF???
    Sorry, Google translate. My espanol ain't so good.
    06-21-13 04:34 PM
    I'm just wondering what us longs expect on June 28? What are you going to do if the SP goes down despite glowing results (purposely used vague description financial and non-financial results)?

I feel we all need a Plan B just in case our investment thesis does not work out.
    06-21-13 04:40 PM
    I'm just wondering what us longs expect on June 28? What are you going to do if the SP goes down despite glowing results?

I feel we all need a Plan B just in case our investment thesis does not work out.
    I'm not sure much will happen 28 June. I'm focusing on the September and December ERs. If after all the devices are out and we're not looking good, then I will cut sling and move on to something else (my plan B). This is already so shorted that I'm thinking they can control this indefinately. Especially if the shorts are the institutions holding shares themselves. Waiting to hear from somebody that has seen this in the past and list possibilities or probabilities at least.
    06-21-13 04:45 PM
    If the report is actually good like Q4 but better I hold.

If we dont beat expectations I might consider getting out on a big drop in price. However if the numbers are ok its better to stay in because soo many shorts.
    06-21-13 04:46 PM
    My plan B involves beer and a cooler full of ice. Lol...just kidding.

I really do not think it will collapse...maybe bench down a bit, overall the sideways trend is tiring for us but expensive for them...we got this.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 04:47 PM
    If the report is actually good like Q4 but better I hold.

If we dont beat expectations I might consider getting out on a big drop in price. However if the numbers are ok its better to stay in because soo many shorts.
    I guess that is the point. There are so many shorts that SP will not move higher until the shorts buying back their shares which does not appear to be happening anytime soon. The same could be said about the housing market in Canada. I've heard so many times soon it will drop.... waiting.... waiting...
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    06-21-13 04:53 PM
    My plan B involves beer and a cooler full of ice. Lol...just kidding.

I really do not think it will collapse...maybe bench down a bit, overall the sideways trend is tiring for us but expensive for them...we got this.

Posted via CB10
    Oh yeah, I'm not being negative, but rather trying to learn. I'm a new investor and am researching and reading, but I can't find anything about a stock that is shorted to this extent and by institutional shareholders to boot. I'm just trying to find out the probabilities at least when this happens or IF this has ever happened before. I'm in until at least December brother, just unsure of how this can play out.
    06-21-13 04:53 PM
    Oh yeah, I'm not being negative, but rather trying to learn. I'm a new investor and am researching and reading, but I can't find anything about a stock that is shorted to this extent and by institutional shareholders to boot. I'm just trying to find out the probabilities at least when this happens or IF this has ever happened before. I'm in until at least December brother, just unsure of how this can play out.
    Oh for sure it's happened before ...ever since the evolution of hedge funds institutions have been short. The explosion of retail investors with the advent of trading programs that do the math for you has increased the short side too...just to easy to trade, and learn and get in and out within seconds too. End of the day BlackBerry has to be profitable and grow their buisness...they do that we are fine.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, Bugmapper, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    06-21-13 05:14 PM
    06-21-13 05:17 PM
    Dang server here blocks that site (seekingalpha). I'll check that and the others posted from that site later tonight over a few cold ones.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-21-13 05:23 PM
    Yup...nothing new there but still nice to see the guys thoughts neatly layed out.

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper likes this.
    06-21-13 05:27 PM
    K...we have discussed what happens if it goes down so just makes sense for a reasonable discussion of what happens if it stays up:

If you suffer from dizziness or nausea, or if the "up" lasts longer than four hours...do not panic...this is normal.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    06-21-13 05:48 PM
    K...we have discussed what happens if it goes down so just makes sense for a reasonable discussion of what happens if it stays up:

If you suffer from dizziness or nausea, or if the "up" lasts longer than four hours...do not panic...this is normal.

Posted via CB10
    But I thought you supposed to consult your doctor when that happens.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-21-13 05:51 PM
    But I thought you supposed to consult your doctor when that happens.

Posted via CB10
    Thats the "other" up lol....four hours eh, BlackBerry should hire the PR company that came up with that one, talk about reverse psychological implanting or what lol.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    06-21-13 05:58 PM
    Happy Friday everyone.

I listen to these analysts and I read through their examples but I'm often left feeling that I didn't hear anything different. Wait that may be a lie because I like Misek's model. In liking his model I had to ask myself whether I like it because he's bullish. That isn't the main reason but sure is one of them. Misek's research just seems to be the most sense, and the beauty is that it's conservative. Also it just dawned on me that Mr. Misek is no longer giving BlackBerry or BB10 a percentage of survival. Gone is the "oh BlackBerry only has a 30% chance of success."

At this point I've racked up 3209 BBRY shares and I just plan on holding until I get confirmation a out certain things at the ER. I kind of stopped trading BBRY daily in.hopes to get higher or lower. Only time active is when it real material news, And quite frankly we haven't got any real bad news in months.

Anyways, don't want to type to long as I'm going out to hang with the peeps in a bit and I'm the designated driver. Enjoy the weekend.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 06:21 PM
    I agree, I'm resigning myself to the Sept/December ERs. While I'm still a super bull on the company, it's somewhat of a heartbreak having expected at first that the launch on Jan 21st was going to kick to high gear, then to the earnings, then to the BB Live, now this earnings is shaping up for a doozy of a reaction... sigh, my pending status as a millionaire can only wait so long

I'm not sure much will happen 28 June. I'm focusing on the September and December ERs. If after all the devices are out and we're not looking good, then I will cut sling and move on to something else (my plan B). This is already so shorted that I'm thinking they can control this indefinately. Especially if the shorts are the institutions holding shares themselves. Waiting to hear from somebody that has seen this in the past and list possibilities or probabilities at least.
    06-21-13 06:25 PM
    iPhone owners are mindless zombies, says Nokia in new Lumia 925 ad

iPhone owners are mindless zombies, says Nokia in new Lumia 925 ad

Pocket-lint
    Friday, June 21, 2013 3:42 PM GMT

Nokia has unveiled a zombie filled advert for its brand new Lumia 925 smartphone. The ad shows iPhone holding zombies gradually closing in on a Nokia user wondering the streets at night.

The joke being that the LED flash on the iPhone 5 causes pictures to white out and produce red eye, making you look like a zombie.

Obviously Nokia is keen to show off the Lumia's low light imaging capabilities, which wouldn't require a zombie creating flash.

It's an interesting advert and one that doesn't actually feature the new Nokia phone albeit very briefly in the hands of the character being chased by zombies. The iPhone 5 makes more of an appearance than Nokia's own handset.

Still though it's good fun and the 925 is a great handset. On sale now, it can be picked up SIM free for �549, or alternatively you can browse our handy deals roundup here.
    06-21-13 06:37 PM
    Question. Can Primecap demand the return of their shares at any point? If they demanded 20 mill shorted shares back combined with a good er what could happen?
    06-21-13 06:40 PM
    Hey, yoy've not put you pants down for it (hopefully ) so, stick to the plan and relax. Our time will come, that's what I can write, while I can't prove it.
    But if you're still on the day 1 mood, just look back. So far "we"'ve done it.
    There's something irrational here, both for the upside and the down side... but the glass is half full, that's what I believe. guts believe. I might be ,no, it IS 100% subjective, but sometimes...
    Let's stay calm but rock roll this !

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    06-21-13 06:45 PM
    sorry off topic. ATT just forked me over. Here's the update, oh now it isn't...wtf! z10
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    06-21-13 06:47 PM
    A sudden drop in tax bracket?

HTC CEO refuses to quit as executive pay is slashed in half

By Zach Epstein on Jun 21, 2013 at 3:25 PM

HTC CEO Interview

Business June 21, 2013 at 3:25 PM

When HTC posted its worst-ever earnings last quarter as profit plummeted a shocking 98%, all eyes turned to chief executive Peter Chou. “If HTC fails one more time, then they’ll be under pressure to replace the CEO,” one industry watcher said. As the company’s struggles continue, The Wall Street Journal spoke to CEO Peter Chou about his future with the company, and he insisted he is still the right man for the job. ”I know you guys want to ask, will I quit,” Chou said. “There are a lot of rumors that say I would quit, but I never said that. I’m not going to find another job.” Separately, the Journal did some digging through HTC’s newly filed annual report and found that pay for the company’s top executives has been slashed in half.
    Shanerredflag and rarsen like this.
    06-21-13 06:48 PM
113,250 ... 13451346134713481349 ...