1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    We are GREEN, up .21
    06-21-13 06:18 AM
    We are GREEN, up .21
    WOO HOO!!! lol..... let's see the next 100 shares traded take it up again.
    06-21-13 06:21 AM
    Premarket is GREEN @ $14.14!!

Great start to the day for sure!
    06-21-13 06:24 AM
    Good Morning!Some good news from my local AT&T stores. ALL SIX company stores show the Q10 to be IN STOCK!This is way better than the Z10 intro where they did not show in stock for several days after they went on sale!Looks like there is plenty of initial inventory for those who want to pick one up!
    Thanks! That's great news indeed!
    bungaboy, cjcampbell and sapperuk like this.
    06-21-13 06:25 AM
    So M+8, are we blowing by $15 today?

I got my seat belt fastened and ready for the ride!
    bungaboy, rarsen, lcjr and 1 others like this.
    06-21-13 06:26 AM
    BB.TO isn't down because technology is down, its down on resources and they might not come back anytime soon. So your gain in BB.TO is real. The CDN Dollar has dropped from $ 1.02/US to $ .96/US, ...... that's a heck of a gain on your part!

Anyway, the combination of the CDN dollar drop and some life changing news for BB.TO next week could pay off handsomely for you.
    Absolutely true Morgan, but it only benefits me if I sell during a Canadian dollar dip. The world will likely not end, and the Cdn dollar will likely eventually climb back up to $0.99US.

When I'm ready to sell/retire, I hope I'm lucky enough that the dollar briefly drops to $0.50US, and then promptly skyrockets back to $0.99 shortly after.

And of course I'm also looking forward to next Friday being a great start to the Canada Day long weekend
    06-21-13 06:29 AM
    06-21-13 06:30 AM

Hey. Nice to see you again.
    m0de25, take99, plane6065 and 1 others like this.
    06-21-13 06:31 AM

Well holy sheep sh!t.... Welcome back!!!!
    06-21-13 06:31 AM
    Deja vu?

Somebody tell the dummies they are holding it wrong!

New MacBook Air models plagued by Wi-Fi connectivity problems

BGR

Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:56 PM GMT

Apple recently updated its MacBook Air computers to include Intel’s new Haswell processors. Reviews have thus far been relatively positive, praising the computer’s class-leading design and all-day battery life. Not everyone is happy, however. A number of customers have taken to Apple’s support forums to vent their frustrations with a Wi-Fi connectivity bug that is reportedly affecting new models. It would appear as if impacted computers can connect to the Internet, however after a few minutes they lose their connections and require a complete system reboot. Gizmodo claims that one Apple’s retail stores in London has experienced returns and complaints that have been “well above average.” It is unclear if or when Apple plans to address the issue.
    06-21-13 06:33 AM
    Absolutely true Morgan, but it only benefits me if I sell during a Canadian dollar dip. The world will likely not end, and the Cdn dollar will likely eventually climb back up to $0.99US.When I'm ready to sell/retire, I hope I'm lucky enough that the dollar briefly drops to $0.50US, and then promptly skyrockets back to $0.99 shortly after.And of course I'm also looking forward to next Friday being a great start to the Canada Day long weekend
    The forecasts for the CDN dollar are negative for the medium term. I have about 90% of my holdings in US funds..
    morganplus8 likes this.
    06-21-13 06:35 AM

Good to see you, man.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-21-13 06:37 AM
    Well holy sheep sh!t.... Welcome back!!!!
    Thanks man!I had to take a break. Got all consuming and when little snipes were making me see red I knew I had to throw in the towel.I've certainly missed this place.
    06-21-13 06:37 AM
    Well! GREEN is indeed the colour of choice today (everyday for that matter), especially after that FOMC overreaction.

WHAMMO!!

bungaboy, morganplus8 and CDM76 like this.
    06-21-13 06:41 AM
    Thanks man!I had to take a break. Got all consuming and when little snipes were making me see red I knew I had to throw in the towel.I've certainly missed this place.
    Ya... I can appreciate that. I had one day like that a week or two ago. Either way, nice to have you back. It's funny how an online forum can actually have such regulars that they are sincerely missed when gone. Both positive and negative, you are a valued contributor here!!!
    06-21-13 06:43 AM
    Well! GREEN is indeed the colour of choice today (everyday for that matter), especially after that FOMC overreaction.

WHAMMO!!

Glad to see you!

Yep it will be a good day!
    06-21-13 06:44 AM
    So, it seems as though we are at the precipice of something great. One week away from a great turnaround. It sends chills down my spine just thinking about the great release.
    06-21-13 06:47 AM
    Yes indeed...nice that your back Charles.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 06:48 AM
    Like lcjr said. "why isn't anyone in jail?"

Japanese bank to pay NY $250M in laundering case

Associated Press

Thursday, June 20, 2013 5:16 PM GMT

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — The Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi-UFJ Ltd. will pay $250 million to the state of New York for laundering billions of dollars in transactions that violated economic sanctions against countries including Iran, Sudan, and Myanmar, New York financial regulators said Thursday.

The state's Department of Financial Services said the bank agreed to the fine and a year of special monitoring for handling the 28,000 U.S. dollar transactions totaling about $100 billion through its New York operation between 2002 and 2007.

BTMU employees routinely removed information from wire transfer messages that could have identified the government and business entities involved as targets of sanctions, the department said.

BTMU said Thursday it reported the violations to its regulators and stopped the practice in 2007.

"Since 2007, BTMU has significantly improved its compliance policies and procedures," the bank said. "BTMU is committed to conducting business with the highest levels of integrity and regulatory compliance, and to continually improving its policies and procedures."

It said it will continue to cooperate with regulators.

As part of the agreement with New York, an independent consultant will monitor compliance with sanctions and measures taken to correct the problems at BTMU's New York branch. That monitor will report to state regulators.

That consultant will operate under new standards the state DFS announced this week to ensure their objectivity and independence from the institutions they are monitoring.

BTMU will also give the DFS a plan to improve its compliance with bank secrecy and anti-money laundering rules. That plan is subject to approval by the department.

"BTMU took an important step today toward addressing these serious transgressions. It is vital that companies continue to self-report violations and those that do not run the risk of even more severe consequences," Benjamin Lawsky, the state superintendent of financial services, said Thursday.

Last year, Britain's Standard Chartered Bank agreed to pay $340 million to settle New York allegations it violated sanctions by processing billions of U.S. dollar transactions for Iranian interests.
    06-21-13 06:49 AM
    So M+8, are we blowing by $15 today?

I got my seat belt fastened and ready for the ride!
    Welcome back!!! Just for you, I'll predict a big run up on the stock just like the last time we broke out of a 6 week downtrend:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-june-21-2013-chart.jpg

The 6 week drop was a slower more painful one but this one took place in only 3 days and it is way too steep. We can break above the green line on the right and do the same quick rally from here. The overall market is oversold on a short-term basis too. So how much longer do the shorts have to try and correct their poor choice of direction? Not much!

I talked my wife into going on a boat trip so I'm gone for the rest of the day. Hold this stock up and a $ 14.75/shr high would be nice. Best of luck all!
    06-21-13 06:52 AM
    The new term for the little snipers is PODD. (Pr!cks on Down Days) LoL
    06-21-13 06:52 AM
    The new term for the little snipers is PODD. (Pr!cks on Down Days) LoL
    Don't forget the now famous cork soaker's lol

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-21-13 06:56 AM
    Volume has picked up and price seems to be holding up as well. Lets see this hold through until open and see that gap up.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 07:05 AM
    the short almost 32 % so whats holding this from going up, and whats your pridiction
    From my (poor) understanding, those 32% are ... virtual. Only a very limted amount of total shares (a %, anybody ?) is available to buy.
    If ever the E.R is as smart as we believe it will there will be a rush to cover ... but no shares to buy.
    I believe it's named a "squeeze" and, from my very own point of view, it sounds like a "wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiz" !

Now the big question: what's holding this from going up ?
    Well, something irrational, for sure, illogical IMHO; but not for traders that (seem to) shoot the player instead of playing the match. As an entrepreneur, I win when I gain more than I spent. When you trade, you can win when a company is either performing poorly or well ... crazy game that makes some willing a company to fail. Virtuous finance ... was in the early age.

Next week will tell, but I don't expect miracles. 2 or 3 more E.R will be mandatory before we see the big ones betting long on BB.
    06-21-13 07:11 AM
    This is what I see today.....

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-reen.svg.png
    06-21-13 07:11 AM
113,256 ... 13381339134013411342 ...