View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'm sorry, but this just pisses me off. Good 'ol CBC at it again with the sublimnal ****. The articcle is about the lack of youth jobs etc and doesn't mention RIM/BlackBerry AT ALL in the article, yet they choose to use an image of BlackBerry HQ and even an outdated one at that. Just like their stupid photos of old Bolds with Trackballs in their articles after BB10 Launch. ***** ***** ***** ********** **** ***** ********The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-wtf2.jpg

end rant.
    06-20-13 01:59 PM
    Kinda like what just happened? lol OUCH.... darn cork soakers!!!
    I think some of that slight weakness has to do with the DOW being down 350 pts at the moment. We would be moving higher without this nonsense! LOL
    06-20-13 02:00 PM
    I think some of that slight weakness has to dow ith the DOW being down 350 pts at the moment. We would be moving higher without this nonsense! LOL
    Most definitely. I just hate when we have a solid base line of 14.05 for over 2 hours then they come and sell off and drop it 10 cents in a minute... gah... I need a beer...lol
    06-20-13 02:02 PM
    Most definitely. I just hate when we have a solid base line of 14.05 for over 2 hours then they come and sell off and drop it 10 cents in a minute... gah... I need a beer...lol
    Well, if it helps any, I agree with you 100%, about that beer that is. Let's see where we end with the DOW. Those holding BB.TO are down 3 cents today, no worries for them.
    06-20-13 02:05 PM
    Source?
    Same place as yours?

OK, let's start with this, which begins with a statement describing the 4th quarter report definition of subscribers:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...ecline-789016/

"To reflect the changes described above, and to better address possible future strategies and service and software revenue opportunities related to an integrated services and software offering for the BlackBerry 10 mobile computing platform, RIM will be adjusting the
    methodology it uses to calculate the size of its subscriber base for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2013 and subsequent fiscal quarters. Rather than calculating the total of all subscriber accounts that have an active status at the end of a reporting period and for which infrastructure access fees are thereby generated, RIM will identify its BlackBerry subscriber base as the total of all BlackBerry
    subscriber accounts that are provisioned to access BlackBerry services, regardless of whether RIM is receiving infrastructure access fees from each such subscriber in any given month
    . The Company believes this change will better reflect the base of BlackBerry users that may contribute to service revenues in the future, whether solely through infrastructure access fees or the integrated service and software offering being developed."

So is the playbook provisioned to access blackberry services? The playbook doesn't require any type of subscription but it can access BlackBerry World. So in short... I don't know!

I am curious to know the answer, so I tweeted Alec Saunders. I'll let you know if he replies.

Update: Alec responded, he doesn't know. I chose to tweet Alec because he's really very good at responding at questions, even if he doesn't know the answer.
    Last edited by q649; 06-21-13 at 06:26 AM.
    06-20-13 02:11 PM
    Now of course Morgan knows better but I'll add my two cents..... if we stay red today, and in the general area in which we are in, that will form a hollow red candle. This is bullish, and if you look back, each time this has happened, we've had a gap up. Maybe someone can point out if I am wrong but this is what I see.
    The only difference in today over other days is the DOW is going to be down 350+ points for the day.

I do not care what the charts say, no one can swim against what the market is doing today.

WORST, I will bet the DOWS woes are far from over and it will be a VERY red Friday!
    06-20-13 02:14 PM
    Well, if it helps any, I agree with you 100%, about that beer that is. Let's see where we end with the DOW. Those holding BB.TO are down 3 cents today, no worries for them.
    Then why am I worried?
    BB.TO is of course just because of the softening dollar, once it climbs again we'll give up this virtual "gain" over BBRY. This is why even though I own BB.TO, I tend to ignore it and view BBRY.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-20-13 02:17 PM
    Are you looking over my shoulder? LoL
    ItsTheBox likes this.
    06-20-13 02:17 PM
    No Matter how good the blackberry numbers are, it is all in the hands of MM,HF and institutions. Retail investors and their sentiments dont mean a thing at this point IMO. you can read the graphs any way and shape you like and make predictions to buy your dream. this stock does not have the blessings of market vultures. in the end, blackberry really has to perform not just predictions. so if you believe in your research and carefully Liston to the CEO of the blackberry then stick around and watch the fire works. otherwise, the rest is all noise. If you are a trader and not investor then short term noise do matters I guess.
    If you know this stock, you should know that the % share holding by the retail investor is more than that held by the institutions.
    So the sentiments of the retail investors do matter lot on the SP. Period.
    06-20-13 02:22 PM
    Haven't seen one of these leaked in a while. So far it looks fairly accurate, so maybe we can expect some hints next Thursday about the other two devices and the BB10 upgrade for playbook on this roadmap.

Attachment 174196
    I've been looking at this off and on for quite some time now. If it wasn't for the {128} after the Blackforest, one could assume the Playbook update. But with that {128} one would think the next updated 128 Playbook replacement is scheduled. The Naples is definately the A10 IMO. That's the perfect match up for me; the next updated Playbook 128 and the A10 together. Perfect business pair for those that do business on-the-go. Of course there will be those that say this roadmap is outdated, but it's still fun to look at and speculate.
    bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    06-20-13 02:23 PM
    I'm sorry, but this just pisses me off. Good 'ol CBC at it again with the sublimnal ****. The articcle is about the lack of youth jobs etc and doesn't mention RIM/BlackBerry AT ALL in the article, yet they choose to use an image of BlackBerry HQ and even an outdated one at that. Just like their stupid photos of old Bolds with Trackballs in their articles after BB10 Launch. ***** ***** ***** ********** **** ***** ********Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WTF2.jpg 
Views:	731 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	174229

end rant.
    Gee ain't it fun to watch your tax dollar at work? NOT!
    take99, La Emperor, lcjr and 3 others like this.
    06-20-13 02:25 PM
    I've been looking at this off and on for quite some time now. If it wasn't for the {128} after the Blackforest, one could assume the Playbook update. But with that {128} one would think the next updated 128 Playbook replacement is scheduled. The Naples is definately the A10 IMO. That's the perfect match up for me; the next updated Playbook 128 and the A10 together. Perfect business pair for those that do business on-the-go. Of course there will be those that say this roadmap is outdated, but it's still fun to look at and speculate.
    Nothin' but speculation. Still have my fingers crossed for 2 tablet devices this summer, a BB10 playbook and either a 10" playbook or a dumb terminal to pair with phone.
    06-20-13 02:29 PM
    I'm sorry, but this just pisses me off. Good 'ol CBC at it again with the sublimnal ****. The articcle is about the lack of youth jobs etc and doesn't mention RIM/BlackBerry AT ALL in the article, yet they choose to use an image of BlackBerry HQ and even an outdated one at that. Just like their stupid photos of old Bolds with Trackballs in their articles after BB10 Launch. ***** ***** ***** ********** **** ***** ********Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WTF2.jpg 
Views:	731 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	174229

end rant.
    Did they have permission to use it in their article? Mr. Zipperstein do we have an angle here...
    06-20-13 02:33 PM
    Nothin' but speculation. Still have my fingers crossed for 2 tablet devices this summer, a BB10 playbook and either a 10" playbook or a dumb terminal to pair with phone.
    I'm almost positive there will be another tablet and the current Playbook update is for those that don't want or can't purchase it. No matter how it turns out we're good and the SP should adjust accordingly.
    06-20-13 02:36 PM
    What a joke of a market. No wonder the world is leaving that banana republic behind . They have to print money those jokers.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 02:40 PM
    If you know this stock, you should know that the % share holding by the retail investor is more than that held by the institutions.
    So the sentiments of the retail investors do matter lot on the SP. Period.
    Say what? Research in Motion Ltd (BBRY.O) Financials | Reuters.com

That says 60.35% held by institutions (with 316,332,491 shares).

This says 56% institutional: Research In Motion Limited (BBRY) Institutional Ownership & Holdings - NASDAQ.com

Generally it's been in the 60s for a long time, as I recall.
    06-20-13 02:40 PM
    Ouch, today the theme was the market in general. Have some friends working in hedge funds in London and some of their funds got spanked for -4% in one day!

I know we are used to this with BlackBerry, but they certainly aren't. As usual I think the market has over reacted.

Once people realise the world hasn't ended, money will start to flow back in. Balls of steel guys!

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, lcjr, psy fi and 3 others like this.
    06-20-13 02:49 PM
    Then why am I worried?
    BB.TO is of course just because of the softening dollar, once it climbs again we'll give up this virtual "gain" over BBRY. This is why even though I own BB.TO, I tend to ignore it and view BBRY.
    BB.TO isn't down because technology is down, its down on resources and they might not come back anytime soon. So your gain in BB.TO is real. The CDN Dollar has dropped from $ 1.02/US to $ .96/US, ...... that's a heck of a gain on your part!

Anyway, the combination of the CDN dollar drop and some life changing news for BB.TO next week could pay off handsomely for you.
    06-20-13 02:50 PM
    What a joke of a market. No wonder the world is leaving that banana republic behind . They have to print money those jokers.

Posted via CB10
    People have made a lot of money in the market with QE. More than they would/could anywhere else.

Now it is time to pay. The smart money is getting out or covering themselves. Just imagine the day they DO hit the brake! It will make today look like a walk in the park! I know most of you all think that LONG is best but . . . . .
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 06-20-13 at 03:34 PM.
    06-20-13 02:51 PM
    Nice little fight at the end here.
    06-20-13 02:55 PM
    big time buying since 3.30pm and i don't care if it is short covering
    06-20-13 02:59 PM
    Been an unfortunate day on the stock but I hope you all noticed that in terms of page count this thread just reached 1337 status.

boo ya! Keep it up guys and gals!
    06-20-13 03:06 PM
    Hey everyone. Man was I day dreaming today, but it seems so real. I thought that i was listening to the conference call and Thor says that "the company anticipated a break even quarter, but with the traction of the BB10 platform, the remarkable phones, and the overwhelming support from long time and new Blackberry users, we were able to blow this quarters numbers out the water...."

BTW, we held up really good today.
    06-20-13 03:08 PM
    GREEN!!!
    06-20-13 03:09 PM
    well....the way I look at it....we outperformed the markets today! ....LOL

silver lining?
    06-20-13 03:12 PM
113,256 ... 13351336133713381339 ...