View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Econoday Economic Report: United States : Philadelphia Fed Survey June 20, 2013

economy on fire, so obviously the market has to sell off,(not) come on market give your head a shake!!!
    Acumenight likes this.
    06-20-13 09:09 AM
    Yes. It feels like Blackberry is just starting out. I didn't get in the first time, so it's nice to have another shot at it.

I would love to see sales that would warrant stand alone Blackberry stores.

But we got to learn to walk before we can run!
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-20-13 09:12 AM
    Well, as suspected, Misek's notes go unnoticed.
    They are still faxing it to other news outlet. It's overly positive so they are not allowed to email and link it...

Sarcasm aside, If you notice news feed have been really slow picking it up. I found it only from CB link posted earlier.

While yesterday news from Mr. Ferragu.... you know what I'm alluding at.

Oh well, I guess today we focus on the Fed's action and its effect.

Coffee time
    06-20-13 09:12 AM
    I would love to see sales that would warrant stand alone Blackberry stores.

But we got to learn to walk before we can run!
    Opening a store is a positive sign. Would a company who is about to disappoint open retail stores?
    06-20-13 09:15 AM
    We seem to be on the move.... reverse 10:30 dip today
    La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    06-20-13 09:16 AM
    anyone have this issue? Limit Sell order rejected as sell price was too high?
    Yeah, I tried to set a $100 sell order on my shares with TD, same problem. Tried even going down to $30 and it wouldn't let me.

Edit: I see the other comment now, TD does appear to have a max 100% sell limit.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-20-13 09:19 AM
    one thing that has yet to come up is how the BB World store sales are doing. In the past has anyone noticed any lines in the report that pointed to this?
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    06-20-13 09:20 AM
    Opening a store is a positive sign. Would a company who is about to disappoint open retail stores?
    It tells me that Blackberry wants to sell their phones and equipment. There are no guarantees in todays market.
    06-20-13 09:23 AM
    Wow, uncapped data... must be nice.

MTN BlackBerry goes uncapped again
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-20-13 09:23 AM
    Exactly. Not saying it's a reasonable statement, but it's logically valid (albeit kind of silly).
    Agreed!

At the end of the day, it really is impossible for anyone to accurately estimate BB10 sales at this point, given the staggered launches, lack of any real info from BB themselves, and confusion amidst all of the ground level exaggeration (on both sides?) Personally, 2M+/mth and 4M+/qtr is a safe, albeit roundabout way of saying anywhere between 16M and 24M/yr, lol!

This range should be seen as rather bullish. As long as we are somewhere in this range, it should be enough to avoid implosion while our true wildcard of BES10, licensing, new service revenues (BBM channels) and potential M2M gain footing. This is where the true value lies anyways, as Misek continues to preach.
    matthewriedle and bungaboy like this.
    06-20-13 09:24 AM
    Yeah, I tried to set a $100 sell order on my shares with TD, same problem. Tried even going down to $30 and it wouldn't let me.
    Maybe it's because TD lent out your shares, and now that you want to sell them you can't.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-20-13 09:25 AM
    “The Q5 is a very good phone targeting the youth with different colours. Q10 sales have been phenomenal and much better than Z10. Q10 has been on par with other top-selling smartphones.

Samsung Galaxy S4 sales have been on par with Q10 and in certain shops Q10 has been selling more than S4,” said Faisal Al Bannai, CEO of BlackBerry retail and distribution partner Axiom Telecom.

BlackBerry targets youth with Q5 smartphone | GulfNews.com
    La Emperor, psy fi, m0de25 and 7 others like this.
    06-20-13 09:25 AM
    You wold not open a store if you're bleeding cash right...so it's a very good sign. You can always delay it if plans were not working accordingly. And coupled with Misek's report on Jabil ( increased guidance ) and the xxx company, and Taiwanese increase ( reports ) in component production you can probably connect the dots. GS counter ( questionable??) supports this theory as well along with other analysts research from Mr. Sue and Colllins. Those are clues that keeps me in the long side.

PS. Morgan's TA has strong influence, also.
    Last edited by La Emperor; 06-20-13 at 09:49 AM.
    06-20-13 09:27 AM
    one thing that has yet to come up is how the BB World store sales are doing. In the past has anyone noticed any lines in the report that pointed to this?
    I remember reading a blurb from a developer that was estimating over 5 million bb10 sales based on bb world downloads. I can't seem to find the article anywhere now though. I saw it on stock twits.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-20-13 09:30 AM
    I would like to see a picture of that store in Dubai. Is there anyone in this forum from Dubai that might be visiting that Mall soon. Maybe you can snap a picture and post it for us.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-20-13 09:32 AM
    FYI Costco has the Z10 with a new activation (not upgrade) for free on 2 year contract, it was $49 two days ago. The tax is on the retail price of $229. When I asked about the pricing, they said that they will do that when 2 different Blackberries (Q10) are selling at the same time.
    matthewriedle likes this.
    06-20-13 09:35 AM
    I don't think it would be singled out. The last I heard was they were quite surprised at the amount of music being purchased. Still, with royalties and sharing profits with their content provider, it's still a small amount that probably just gets absorbed by cost to operate BBWorld.
    06-20-13 09:36 AM
    STAINLESS STEEL so they shine in the daylight and twinkle in the moonlight, striking fear into the hearts of our enemies.... soon to be SOLID 24 kt GOLD!
    I believe that gold is softer than steel, but I guess that's the side effects of getting old. Lol...

Posted via CB10
    Yes, very much softer, but far more valuable... a side effect of age that I am enjoying.
    I'm going with golden gonads. Works for the women among us, too. ;-)

Should try my chrome platted gold balls !
    (sorry ladies ... too much testosterone around here lol)
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    06-20-13 09:38 AM
    Where Rich People Live (AKA Maps of iPhone Use) - Emily Badger - The Atlantic

Another bunch of maps with Twitter usage based on platform. Scroll down to get a warm fuzzy...lol Also, take note that in both New York and Chicago, in the heart of the city there seems to be a concentration of BB use..... Not a ton, mind you, but still noticeable.
    06-20-13 09:45 AM
    I would like to see a picture of that store in Dubai. Is there anyone in this forum from Dubai that might be visiting that Mall soon. Maybe you can snap a picture and post it for us.
    Here you go....

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackberry-retail-store-middle-east-copy.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-web-bz21ju-p1-blackberry-2.jpg
    06-20-13 09:47 AM
    Here you go....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlackBerry Retail Store in the Middle East copy.jpg 
Views:	926 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	174136

Name:	WEB-bz21ju-p1-blackberry-2.jpg 
Views:	1034 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	174137
    That's fuuking AWESOME!!!
    06-20-13 09:49 AM
    Thanks
    I like. I like. Place looks like it's packed.

Here you go....

06-20-13 09:52 AM
    aaand we are green on the canadian side fellas!!
    06-20-13 09:53 AM

Edit: I see the other comment now, TD does appear to have a max 100% sell limit.
    I am with TD. Currently I have limit sell order (GTC) set at $120 for BBRY.
    If I like, I could set it at $1 million/share.
    fedakd and bungaboy like this.
    06-20-13 09:58 AM
    Here you go....

Leaving the photos on this response because it's so awesome! So, if we're currently making predictions on the upcoming ER, what are the predictions of Blackberry opening up stores in malls in the USA?
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    06-20-13 09:59 AM
113,251 ... 13311332133313341335 ...