• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    BWAAA....that was weak...1-1
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-19-13 07:50 PM
    BWAAA....that was weak...1-1
    Boston and Chicago are both awesome cities... Hmm.. Which one one to cheer for? Oh, is that a freakin' *bear* I see on your shirt, Mr. Bruin? :P

Decision made!
    06-19-13 07:54 PM
    Loving the Verizon/Q10 ads during he Stanley Cup.
    bungaboy, jrwb6e, Korepab and 1 others like this.
    06-19-13 07:55 PM
    Feel much better now. Had my daily swim, beer is cold, and funny flicks here. Now if only we could be the invisible man during the next weekly BB board meeting. Well, that and a few other things. Lol
    06-19-13 08:00 PM
    Feel much better now. Had my daily swim, beer is cold, and funny flicks here. Ow if only we could be the invisible man during the next weekly BB board meeting. Well, that and a few other things. Lol
    Just wear this and make sure not to sneeze:

http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/2277394
    bungaboy, lcjr and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-19-13 08:04 PM
    Loving the Verizon/Q10 ads during he Stanley Cup.
    Wish I could watch along on my Playbook. Time Warner Cable only has access for the iSheep.

Wife has the TV occupied with the big bang theory.
    06-19-13 08:08 PM
    Needs a matching Elder Wand and Resurrection Stone to go with it.
    06-19-13 08:17 PM
    Quelle surprise!

And the stuff we never hear about . . . . . .

Deloitte fined $10 mn in US laundering case

AFP

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 9:09 PM GMT

Big accountancy Deloitte was fined $10 million by New York state on Tuesday for its actions in advising Standard Chartered Bank over money laundering.

Deloitte's unit Deloitte Financial Advisory Services was fined and also banned for one year from work in New York state after state authorities said it did not carry out its duties independently in advising the bank on how to avoid money laundering.

Standard Chartered was fined $667 million by federal and New York state authorities last year for permitting hundreds of billions of dollars to be laundered through its US branch by clients from Iran, Myanmar, Libya and Sudan, in violation of US sanctions on the countries.

The transfers took place mainly between 2001 and 2007.

In 2004 the New York Department of Financial Services required the London-based bank to contract an independent adviser to help it comply with money-laundering statutes.

But even after Deloitte Financial Advisory Services took that role, the laundering continued.

The department said the fine, which the company agreed to in a settlement, was to cover its "misconduct, violations of law, and lack of autonomy" in advising Standard Chartered.

"At times, the consulting industry has been infected by an 'I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine' culture and a stunning lack of independence," said Benjamin Lawsky, New York superintendent of financial services, in a statement.

"Today, we are taking an important step in helping ensure that consultants are independent voices -- rather than beholden to the large institutions that pay their fees."
    06-19-13 08:18 PM
    Quelle surprise!

And the stuff we never hear about . . . . . .
    Why does the bank just get fined? Why don't those within the bank face charges of treason, obstruction of justice, conspiracy, trafficking, money laundering, accessory, fencing, theft, piracy, and the list goes on.....
    06-19-13 08:27 PM
    HOLY **** BATMAN...what a goal...lol
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    06-19-13 08:52 PM
    Apologies for the language...Pil is kickin in
    bungaboy, lcjr and cjcampbell like this.
    06-19-13 08:54 PM
    Why does the bank just get fined? Why don't those within the bank face charges of treason, obstruction of justice, conspiracy, trafficking, money laundering, accessory, fencing, theft, piracy, and the list goes on.....
    Friends in high places, corruption, no balls, you name it. :-)
    lcjr likes this.
    06-19-13 08:55 PM
    Wow a must read. I started laughing halfway through because it just rang so true with respect to bbrys fluctuations. I think we may see a new large holder reported on the 31st.

The secret trading strategy from the 1930s that hedge funders don’t want you to know about
    06-19-13 09:03 PM
    And this goes all the way back to 1932. You know the saying, "the more things change, the more they remain the same".

Wow a must read. I started laughing halfway through because it just rang so true with respect to bbrys fluctuations. I think we may see a new large holder reported on the 31st.

The secret trading strategy from the 1930s that hedge funders don’t want you to know about
    06-19-13 09:21 PM
    Curious - since this is a forum with probably half-Canadian (+/-?) readership, curious how it's going up North when a Cup Final features two US cities?
    Does it chap your hide as much as Toronto winning a WS does to us in the US?
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-19-13 09:24 PM
    Using app download statistics to figure out the number of BB10 sold.

<BlackBerry sold 5.09M BB10 phones in Q1>
    Predicting BlackBerry’s Q1 sales � Ebscer News
    06-19-13 09:27 PM
    Curious - since this is a forum with probably half-Canadian (+/-?) readership, curious how it's going up North when a Cup Final features two US cities?
    No, we are used to us cities winning the cup. I'm a Leaf fan so I really can't remember who wins the cup, I just know who dosn't

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 09:28 PM

What an awesome article! Thanks for that. I needed this earlier in the day. Lol
    06-19-13 09:34 PM
    LOL..no, not sure about everyone else but kinda cheer for the most deserving...this year it was Pittsburgh because Iginla went there. We all know how that worked out lol...now it's all about your conference...at least for me.
    bungaboy, lcjr and CDM76 like this.
    06-19-13 09:55 PM
    Nope. Its about the love of the game.

( most of the players are Canucks anyway :-) )
    06-19-13 09:59 PM
    Anyway...here is one to take the better half too lol:

bungaboy and MasterMoe like this.
    06-19-13 10:01 PM
    No, we are used to us cities winning the cup. I'm a Leaf fan so I really can't remember who wins the cup, I just know who dosn't

Posted via CB10
    ROFL. :-)
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-19-13 10:01 PM
    Lil late 70's muzzac for the young un's...lol

bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    06-19-13 10:07 PM
    Obvious nomenclature withstanding...RELAX fellow longs...we got this. And to all a good night
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    06-19-13 10:17 PM
    Using app download statistics to figure out the number of BB10 sold.

<BlackBerry sold 5.09M BB10 phones in Q1>
    Predicting BlackBerry�s Q1 sales � Ebscer News
    lol, they said the prediction is for Q1 2014.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-19-13 10:22 PM
113,256 ... 13271328132913301331 ...