View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Microsoft is blowing their chance with the Military, so hopefully Blackberry covers the gap.

US Armed Forces angry over Xbox One lockout, Microsoft’s uncaring response | ExtremeTech
    bbry coming out with a gaming console?
    q649 likes this.
    06-19-13 03:15 PM
    One of the biggest volts wagon shorts that managed other people's money and lost it committed suicide.

Posted via CB10
    Oh yeah, that's right. And he had to negotiate directly with Porsche to get them to sell some of their stock to let him cover.... or something like that. I doubt that exact problem will happen to BBRY shorts.
    06-19-13 03:17 PM
    Figures I'd be on the road when I should be buying shares cheap.
    06-19-13 03:21 PM
    whats with the 176 000 shares in the after hours, some out of the ordinary action in the last few days that I so wish I had all the answers for, I feel like a CSI agent putting all the pieces of the puzzle together, minus any of the fact's know-how or karisma lol
    Could be related to options activity or it could be a trade that was done off market at yesterdays closingprice and then reported, so it goes through after the close, it happens quite often.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    06-19-13 03:24 PM
    LOL, couldn't connect that news about XBOX One with BlackBerry either. But what is gonna happen is what happened with windows 8.1. Before Microsoft said no more "start" button in windows 8... and here we go , "Start" button in 8.1 again As soon as MS realize that they can loose customers they will change... everything

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-19-13 03:25 PM
    Maybe, or maybe by providing gaming apps that can provide the same experience off-line and/or be activated world wide. As noted in the article, you can only play an Xbox One in an approved country. If you’re based in Japan, Kuwait or Afghanistan, you’re out of luck. Games are region-locked and region-activated — you can’t buy a game in the US and activate it in Japan. That means no spouses sending games as part of a care package to our deployed troops. I think Blackberry can beat that.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    Morgan,

Can you see anything that gives reason the this solid 14.20 ceiling we keep running into? We've taken 10 runs at it since 12:30 and been denied each time.
    CJ,

Have a look at the 7-sma, it is currently at $ 14.20 and it has been a player for some money getting into and out of the stock. Let's keep an eye on that indicator tomorrow. It will open up at $ 14.27/shr tomorrow so if it is acting as resistance, we should move up to that price and challenge $ 14.27 again.
    BGR reporting the latest RBC numbers...

http://bgr.com/2013/06/19/blackberry...ice-shipments/
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-19-13 03:29 PM
    CJ,

Have a look at the 7-sma, it is currently at $ 14.20 and it has been a player for some money getting into and out of the stock. Let's keep an eye on that indicator tomorrow. It will open up at $ 14.27/shr tomorrow so if it is acting as resistance, we should move up to that price and challenge $ 14.27 again.
    Perfect. Thank you!! This now opens up another question, however. You've now used the 3, 5, 7, 20....etc dma's. Is there any rhyme or reason to picking one or the other or do you explore them all to deduce a trend associated with them?
    q649, bungaboy and kfh227 like this.
    06-19-13 03:30 PM
    well primecap has 20 mill of their 25 mill shares on loan right now, if they demand their shares back and TH releases a good ER watch out! They might be in the same boat begging Primecap not to recall. Oh to be Primecap right now, I'm sure they have a plan here giggling like little schoolboys smoking in the janitor's closet with Prem.

Oh yeah, that's right. And he had to negotiate directly with Porsche to get them to sell some of their stock to let him cover.... or something like that. I doubt that exact problem will happen to BBRY shorts.
    06-19-13 03:34 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture5.jpg

Downgrade based on Google Searches... nice
    06-19-13 03:36 PM
    Perfect. Thank you!! This now opens up another question, however. You've now used the 3, 5, 7, 20....etc dma's. Is there any rhyme or reason to picking one or the other or do you explore them all to deduce a trend associated with them?
    The HLC (high/low/close) of a stock is universal but the choice of indicator is not. I have to try several different indicators to see which ones are the most followed "today". I personally like the 5-dma or 5-sma myself, but that doesn't mean that a more short-term orientated trader wouldn't be watching the 3-ema. Its a matter of choice and there are over 100 indicators to consider. We'll watch the 7-dma/sma tomorrow to see if this current trade is being managed via that indicator. Every house is probably making use of their own basket of indicators and when they are active we need to know what those key variables are.
    06-19-13 03:38 PM
    The HLC (high/low/close) of a stock is universal but the choice of indicator is not. I have to try several different indicators to see which ones are the most followed "today". I personally like the 5-dma or 5-sma myself, but that doesn't mean that a more short-term orientated trader wouldn't be watching the 3-ema. Its a matter of choice and there are over 100 indicators to consider. We'll watch the 7-dma/sma tomorrow to see if this current trade is being managed via that indicator. Every house is probably making use of their own basket of indicators and when they are active we need to know what those key variables are.
    Cool... Thanks!! Another day and more learned
    06-19-13 03:42 PM
    Where is Simona Jankowski from Goldman Sachs? This is a little worrying, her last report was to downgrade the SP a few months back. Are the bears saving her for last? Or has Goldman been buying up stock on these bear raids? She has to make a prediction before ER if she is still covering the stock no?
    06-19-13 03:44 PM
    Maybe, or maybe by providing gaming apps that can provide the same experience off-line and/or be activated world wide. As noted in the article, you can only play an Xbox One in an approved country. If you’re based in Japan, Kuwait or Afghanistan, you’re out of luck. Games are region-locked and region-activated — you can’t buy a game in the US and activate it in Japan. That means no spouses sending games as part of a care package to our deployed troops. I think Blackberry can beat that.
    i might be wrong, but i think it woudl relate to ps4 more than bbry.....
    m1a1mg likes this.
    06-19-13 03:51 PM
    Do you expect a rally if the company reports 3-4m of BB10 units shipped?
    06-19-13 03:56 PM
    Do you expect a rally if the company reports 3-4m of BB10 units shipped?
    Not without solid margins, added FCF, a decent EPS, and growing service revenue. We will rally with a beat but not a squeeze without all of these together coupled with those device sales.
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    06-19-13 04:02 PM
    Stocktwits is dumb. You can't pm someone unless they are following you. Good grief. I just tried to message Charles but got denied.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-19-13 04:04 PM
    Stocktwits is dumb. You can't pm someone unless they are following you. Good grief. I just tried to message Charles but got denied.
    Maybe just post a message in the open telling Charles he's got an APB out on him? lol
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-19-13 04:06 PM
    tried that the other day, he never replied

Maybe just post a message in the open telling Charles he's got an APB out on him? lol
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-19-13 04:08 PM
    tried that the other day, he never replied
    Yep, he never answered my PM I sent to him either. I hope he's just taking a break until the ER and not for good. He didn't delete his account.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-19-13 04:10 PM
    Hopefully, today is just a retrace as expected based on the stoch. RSI on the 60 minute chart. I could have sold at $14.80 range, and buy back in; oh well. I added more at $14.059.

The 60 minute chart stoch. RSI and MACD shows that this will curve up for tomorrow. I could see this close around $14.45.

Weekly chart still looks fine. With ER next week, I project this to go up further reaching $16. This week candle is still red though, so we need to close green, which is still possible.

Daily chart does not look good in the short term. I see $13.76 as support (orange line). Hopefully, we don't even go below $14.10 anymore. I added another flag at $18 on July 1, 2013 for the hell of it. Perhaps there are two likely scenarios: 1. this stock continues to drift below $14.40 and above the orange line, until ER. or 2. it will go to early $15 range this week.

As we get closer to ER, I am sure, the big guys are going to release more upgrade, downgrade, estimates, etc. I can't wait for this stock to do the netflix / tesla move, and stop worrying about the fluctuation in this range.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-06-19-4.56.09-pm.jpg
    bungaboy, abouthsu, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    06-19-13 04:13 PM
    I sent an "open" message to him there. We'll see what happens.
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    06-19-13 04:17 PM
    Yep, he never answered my PM I sent to him either. I hope he's just taking a break until the ER and not for good. He didn't delete his account.
    They will not let us delete our accounts, we have to die of old age or go broke!

I am sure Charles will be back, more than one of "us" have had to take a little break from here. It can get intense for sure. These forums are made up of many people with many different backgrounds, attitudes and ego's. It is a miracle we are still here.

In the end, most here are to make money and support Blackberry.

Charles, if you are listening, hurry back!

Nite everyone.
    06-19-13 04:26 PM
    QNX is certainly flexible enough to manage such scenarios, though I wonder if it makes sense for BB to even enter the gaming market. They're not exactly known for their savvy, youth oriented marketing prowess already. And they don't have the cash to invest in creating the range of exclusive game titles that would make the platform an attractive one.

If they do enter this market it'll have to be as a supplier of an OS to an established console maker. Sony seemed to be the obvious candidate, but they're going with their own codebase for the PS4 (good luck to them).

Personally, I think the real prize for BB will be to create a true M2M platform. Imagine a city with a parking meter network powered by QNX. As you drive by, your car's OS will tell you where the nearest open parking spot is, and pays your meter via BBM money.

Apologies if this sounds like a rant, today's stockprice gyrations really tested my nerves!
    06-19-13 04:30 PM
113,250 ... 13231324132513261327 ...