View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Ok... starting to wake up now but a little on the groggy side. Seems to be a little drool still pouring and....wait... sniff sniff...... damn... it shat itself. Alright... let me clean this up and break out the smelling salts. At least we know it's not dead.
    Try some "gripe water". :-)
    cjcampbell and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-19-13 02:30 PM
    I think BlackBerry should seriously consider releasing a preliminary earnings report as soon as possible to get an end to all these wild analyst guesses, it's turning into a farce and something that the company really should try to stop because not many with big funds will want to invest in a stock while it's estimates and "channel checks" are a full cirkus almost everyday. Releasing preliminary results happen quite often when a company feels it's appropriate to do so and the situation with BBRY today surely would qualify.
    La Emperor and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-19-13 02:38 PM
    Microsoft is blowing their chance with the Military, so hopefully Blackberry covers the gap.

US Armed Forces angry over Xbox One lockout, Microsoft’s uncaring response | ExtremeTech
    bungaboy, rarsen and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-19-13 02:40 PM
    Next on BNN right now. After this commercial
    fedakd likes this.
    06-19-13 02:40 PM
    Thank you. You took the words out of my head.

I think BlackBerry should seriously consider releasing a preliminary earnings report as soon as possible to get an end to all these wild analyst guesses, it's turning into a farce and something that the company really should try to stop because not many with big funds will want to invest in a stock while it's estimates and "channel checks" are a full cirkus almost everyday. Releasing preliminary results happen quite often when a company feels it's appropriate to do so and the situation with BBRY today surely would qualify.
    Mange Schillis likes this.
    06-19-13 02:41 PM
    Do you guys think ironically more shorts may start piling on here.

I think they have made the classic case of confusing the share price with the financial strength of the company.

I hope it is rising.

Posted via CB10
    An article today said GS only has 1/2 M shares that can be borrowed to short, and 9% rate. So what, there are maybe 2-3M total shares available in al brokerages that can be borrowed? Less than 1% of the float.

I think there is a hedge fund holding 5% of the stock, but they are one of the biggest shorters. They might be able to play with this 5M as a safety net to push the stock down. Time is almost up. I hope ALT 12 makes a public comment that they have aquired 9.9% and plan to buy more, before the close on June 27th.
    fedakd, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    06-19-13 02:41 PM
    They won't provide earnings warning now. But this is why they SHOULD provide good Q2 guidance. Don't sit on a guidance number (meaning DO DISCLOSE), and don't lowball it. Give an accurate forecast range for all those Q10 and Q5 sales!
    06-19-13 02:43 PM
    In case you are wondering what our trading is looking like lately:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-june-19a-2013-chart.jpg

I personally think the sell-off is over, we are going to trade from $ 14.00 to $ 14.85 tomorrow. It was a hit that came right at resistance so good for them. I want a close above $ 14.10/shr and in the $ 14.20's would be ideal.
    06-19-13 02:43 PM
    Nothing really gooing on here but the same ol same ol. Looked my my shares today when we were around 14.40 and thought that I could sell and probably get lower. Would have saved about $900 had I stayed home in front the computer, but today was leg day in the gym and I don't skip legs.

Nothing different going on here people. Tree shaking was bound to happen. What's funny though is one day we're talking about the $100 party, then next day some people are doubtful on a negative dow day with a .65 BBRy drop.

I don't even know why I'm trying this because I lost my train of thought. I smell my talapia near finished and no can't think. Anyways buy more. Rumor about some stupid company thinking about buying Nokia. Nokia hasnt made a dime in a long time. BBRY is making money and cutting cost and appealing to the masses more and more each day. Q5 released way earlier than expected, and for some reason I expect the cross platform BBM to be released around the time of earnings . The cross platform release was already a rumor, and looks like it could be true now. Take care everyone. have to go get my protein in. Didn't even bother proofreading.
    06-19-13 02:44 PM
    While I was out for air, did you ever get an answer on your question regarding if the shorts sold, who would buy the shares??
    Nope, but maybe it is not a problem.

Big funds and banks shorting the stock will not go bankrupt on a BBRY trade so they will be able to cover, and small timers who could go bankrupt will have a brokerage firm to keep them honest and force them to cover almost instantly.
    lcjr and psy fi like this.
    06-19-13 02:45 PM
    just added 200 more shares at 14.1599 while I'm here.
    06-19-13 02:46 PM
    Lcjr maybe you know someone who knows someone who knows about a certain memo they could leak to say Tiernan Ray at Barron's ??

Lol
    06-19-13 02:48 PM
    just added 200 more shares at 14.1599 while I'm here.
    I wish I had been a little more patient before I got back in but I am thinking we will bounce back BIG TIME tomorrow!
    06-19-13 02:55 PM
    Morgan,

Can you see anything that gives reason the this solid 14.20 ceiling we keep running into? We've taken 10 runs at it since 12:30 and been denied each time.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-19-13 02:55 PM
    Morgan,

Can you see anything that gives reason the this solid 14.20 ceiling we keep running into? We've taken 10 runs at it since 12:30 and been denied each time.
    Looks like it'll do that a couple more times before close
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-19-13 02:58 PM
    The market crasches and BBRY starts going up at the same time, Faucette must be really crying this last hour.
    morganplus8, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    06-19-13 03:00 PM
    . I want a close above $ 14.10/shr and in the $ 14.20's would be ideal.
    Lol...almost got it. 14.18.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 03:02 PM
    They won't provide earnings warning now. But this is why they SHOULD provide good Q2 guidance. Don't sit on a guidance number (meaning DO DISCLOSE), and don't lowball it. Give an accurate forecast range for all those Q10 and Q5 sales!
    Yes, I agree. As pointed out a few pages back by fairfaxnut, Wall St. needs targets otherwise we have this mess that we are in right now - basically a no-decision. If Blackberry has a very good report on the 28th AND gives guidance (even "off the cuff") that they are going to have a good report next quarter as well, then I think we will see our squeeze for sure. If they don't give any guidance at all then we are back to speculation for months.
    06-19-13 03:02 PM
    He gets it

Cormark analyst Richard Tse says BlackBerry’s (TSX:BB) story has become even more compelling than the simple product cycle play he first expected.

BlackBerry will report its Q1, fiscal 2014 numbers next Friday, June 28th. The report follows a number of surprising quarters under CEO Thorsten Heins, including a recent Q4 that saw the company report operating EPS of $0.22 on revenue of $2.7-billion, beating the street.

Tse says he expects BlackBerry will report earnings of $.12 a share on revenue of $3.8-billion in their Q1. His estimate is higher than the street consensus of $.04 in earnings on a topline of $3.4-billion. He believes the company sold 7.5-million handsets, consisting of 4-million BlackBerry 10 sales, and 3.5-million BlackBerry 7 and older.

In a research update to clients this morning, Tse today reiterated his TOP PICK rating and $20 one-year target on BlackBerry. But he says there is a new development not yet factored into his or consensus estimates; a potential resurgence in enterprise services revenue.

Tse says the prospect of fading services revenue in its consumer segment has rightfully created skepticism about BlackBerry’s prospects, because it accounted for more than 75% of BlackBerry’s absolute gross margin. He expects that with BlackBerry 10, the company’s average-revenue-per-user will drop from an estimated $4.29 last year, to $3.31 in fiscal 2014 and then $2.51 in 2015.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

This story is brought to you by Serenic (TSXV:SER). Serenic’s cash position as of its most recently reported quarter was greater than its market cap as of May 29th, which was $3.41-million. The company has zero long-term debt. Click here for more info.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

But here’s the surprise: Tse believes the enterprise market could come back in a big way for BlackBerry because of its new BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 (BES10). The Cormark analyst says the bring-your-own-device movement looked to have kicked BlackBerry’s traditional strength in this market to the curb as people were, increasingly, taking their iPads and iPhones to work. BlackBerry’s previous enterprise service, he notes, was not designed to provide enterprise mobile device management to Android or iOS.

Tse says he believes the pricing per year on each enterprise subscriber is between $100 and $150. At 10-million subscribers, he notes that this could add up to $1.50 EPS to BlackBerry. What’s more, he believes there is an equal or better number of iOS and Android phones in the enterprise, and thinks another 10-million subscribers could come from there. This additional $1.50 EPS upside is not in Tse’s forecast, he says, but soon could be.
    06-19-13 03:04 PM
    Morgan,

Don't try and blame some magical "ceiling" cuz you KILLED THE BABY!
    06-19-13 03:04 PM
    176,200 shares were bought afterhours at 14.84....
    06-19-13 03:05 PM
    Yes TH said 2/3s to 3/4s (66.6% to 75%) sell through and inferred it was TO DATE (March 28) not end of quarter (March 1)
    So an analyst now managed to further prove their ineptitude.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 03:06 PM
    Yes, I agree. As pointed out a few pages back by fairfaxnut, Wall St. needs targets otherwise we have this mess that we are in right now - basically a no-decision. If Blackberry has a very good report on the 28th AND gives guidance (even "off the cuff") that they are going to have a good report next quarter as well, then I think we will see our squeeze for sure. If they don't give any guidance at all then we are back to speculation for months.
    And speculation feeds the bears....who feed the media...who feed the US customers that blackberry is going bankrupt. Put and end to that and the rebuilding in the US can start / gain traction.

If they don't give guidance then I have serious problems with the leadership to understand what is going on outside of delivering OS updates and products and that it is having a huge impact on their brand and quality of their hardware and software.
    Bugmapper, m0de25, fedakd and 1 others like this.
    06-19-13 03:07 PM
    whats with the 176 000 shares in the after hours, some out of the ordinary action in the last few days that I so wish I had all the answers for, I feel like a CSI agent putting all the pieces of the puzzle together, minus any of the fact's know-how or karisma lol
    06-19-13 03:09 PM
    Nope, but maybe it is not a problem.

Big funds and banks shorting the stock will not go bankrupt on a BBRY trade so they will be able to cover, and small timers who could go bankrupt will have a brokerage firm to keep them honest and force them to cover almost instantly.
    One of the biggest volts wagon shorts that managed other people's money and lost it committed suicide.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 03:10 PM
113,256 ... 13221323132413251326 ...