View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    WTF? They're one step away from using moon phases to predict BBRY sales.
    Nope, moon phases are predictable.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    06-19-13 08:35 AM
    The sp is off its lows. Maybe we'll see an initial sell-off followed by a rally to the upside.
    I got to run for a few hours but I just bought a block of stock and a block of Call Options and I don't buy call options very often!!!

Let's see if they can hold it down all day. YAHOO!!
    lcjr, cjcampbell, psy fi and 10 others like this.
    06-19-13 08:35 AM
    Very interesting opening action. I had expected more of a cliff here. Maybe he released his news a tad too early giving folks enough time to think and research before market. And that 30-50 thousand unit thing.... good grief.... that probably instilled MORE confidence as it was a blatant, either stupid, or obvious, attempt to drive down the price. They could have at the very least said 300-500 thousand as that would at least be worth looking into
    06-19-13 08:37 AM
    Very interesting opening action. I had expected more of a cliff here. Maybe he released his news a tad too early giving folks enough time to think and research before market. And that 30-50 thousand unit thing.... good grief.... that probably instilled MORE confidence as it was a blatantly, either stupid, or obvious, attempt to drive down the price. They could have at the very least said 300-500 thousand as that would at least be worth looking into
    Never give people too much credit... stupid is the correct option.
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    06-19-13 08:39 AM
    Pierre Ferragu at Bernstein is supposed to be a respected analyst (I guess I have to use 'respected' quite loosely when describing analysts!)

He downgraded BBRY from Market Outperform to Market Perform on 15 May and now this?! Wonder what it is he has based this on?
    Google trends used to confirm bias. Laughable.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 08:39 AM
    This is market manipulation at its finest ... I mean come on ... RBC has started to upgrade the bbry stock ... one of the most solid banks in the world ... who are these short jrrks trying to fool?
    06-19-13 08:41 AM
    Thanks to the weak hands, I bought a lot of stock this morning.
    06-19-13 08:49 AM
    Ok.... I know we're down a fair amount but this action is almost comical to me. There are obvious attempts to get this down only to be countered. Damn they're trying hard only to be cut off at the pass.... lol. It's got to be so deflating for those who NEED the price to drop.
    06-19-13 08:51 AM
    Ok.... I know we're down a fair amount but this action is almost comical to me. There are obvious attempts to get this down only to be countered. Damn they're trying hard only to be cut off at the pass.... lol. It's got to be so deflating for those who NEED the price to drop.
    A close above $ 14.40 today breaks their back, we could see a strong rally from here, gotta go!
    06-19-13 08:53 AM
    Good morning all. Look at things this way, we knew this was coming and can expect more until June 28. We can then expect even more, but at some point the truth has to be recognized by all. I just don't know how long that will take with BB's sleeping PR and PAO teams. So, grab some coffee and juice and get ready to be reading more silly articles. If it gets to you, step back and get some air.
    06-19-13 08:54 AM
    Morgan, as excellent as you are with technical analysis, I bet you could come out with some kind of formula to predict market manipulation, if solely for BBRY stock.
    pvphooman likes this.
    06-19-13 08:56 AM
    Good morning all. Look at things this way, we knew this was coming and can expect more until June 28. We can then expect even more, but at some point the truth has to be recognized by all. I just don't know how long that will take with BB's sleeping PR and PAO teams. So, grab some coffee and juice and get ready to be reading more silly articles. If it gets to you, step back and get some air.
    Thanks I needed to hear that!

Posted via CB10 & Z10 abuser
    06-19-13 08:57 AM
    Very sound advice!
    jrwb6e likes this.
    06-19-13 08:58 AM
    I expected a pull back of some kind before ER, but the timing of the news was brazen considering how much momentum the stock had.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-19-13 08:59 AM
    bought some more @ 14.60 CAD...OK we can move up now!
    psy fi, lcjr, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    06-19-13 09:00 AM
    I expected a pull back of some kind before ER, but the timing of the news was brazen considering how much momentum this stock had.
    We were going to pull back today or tomorrow anyway. The report just made it today and more pronounced. Either way, it wasn't going to be an uninterrupted upward move until next Friday. Take it as it is as we are still well inside the pennant and fulfilling another, and hopefully final, cycle.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-19-13 09:03 AM
    I smell a lawsuit coming ...
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-19-13 09:03 AM
    Faucette again

Shares of BlackBerry (BBRY) are down 42 cents, or almost 3%, at $14.42, after Bernstein Research‘s Pierre Ferragu cut his rating on the stock to Underperform from Market Perform, and cut his price target to $10 from $15, writing that “expectations have scaled upwards materially” since the stock hit a low of $6.22 last year, but that the company’s sales of its BB10-based handsets will disappoint in the second half of this year, based on his “checks,” as “The initial enthusiasm that we observed for Blackberry 10 devices now appears to be waning.”

Ferragu models 10 million BB10 units the later half of BlackBerry’s fiscal 2014, below his prior 11-million estimate, which, with lower service revenue, would produce total sales of $5.77 billion the latter half of the year, below the $6.66 billion the Street is modeling.

Ferragu’s skepticism is joined by Pacific Crest‘s James Faucette, who writes that his own assessment suggests “BB10 production of 1.5 million to 2 million per month remains well above global sell-through demand, which we estimate at well below 500,000 per month.”
    06-19-13 09:12 AM
    Ferragu’s skepticism is joined by Pacific Crest‘s James Faucette, who writes that his own assessment suggests “BB10 production of 1.5 million to 2 million per month remains well above global sell-through demand, which we estimate at well below 500,000 per month.”
    I would love to see a picture of the number crunching Faucette did with a crayon.
    06-19-13 09:18 AM
    Faucette again

Shares of BlackBerry (BBRY) are down 42 cents, or almost 3%, at $14.42, after Bernstein Research‘s Pierre Ferragu cut his rating on the stock to Underperform from Market Perform, and cut his price target to $10 from $15, writing that “expectations have scaled upwards materially” since the stock hit a low of $6.22 last year, but that the company’s sales of its BB10-based handsets will disappoint in the second half of this year, based on his “checks,” as “The initial enthusiasm that we observed for Blackberry 10 devices now appears to be waning.”

Ferragu models 10 million BB10 units the later half of BlackBerry’s fiscal 2014, below his prior 11-million estimate, which, with lower service revenue, would produce total sales of $5.77 billion the latter half of the year, below the $6.66 billion the Street is modeling.

Faucette is just saying "Hey...everyone..... look at me... I'm here too". As for Ferragu's new estimate of 1 million less sales doesn't warrant a 33% cut in price target. On top of that, it has been said that they only need to sell approx. 13-15 million units a year to be profitable so no matter how you look at his new assessment, it simply doesn't add up.
    bungaboy likes this.
    Mortimer, your brother is not well.

Posted via CB10 & Z10 abuser
    I smell a lawsuit coming ...
    Sorry, but you can't sue someone who is basing their opinion on Google searches!
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-19-13 09:26 AM
    Hi all !
    Red 3.5%?
    Bernstein downgrade?

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 09:28 AM
    yep... on 10 mil shares so far. about half a day's volume was done in one hour.

another bear raid which remains to be seen how it will play out. im confident that we will be flat by the end of the day. then again im always bullish

Hi all !
    Red 3.5%?
    Bernstein downgrade?

Posted via CB10
    matthewriedle and bungaboy like this.
    06-19-13 09:33 AM
    Faucette again

Shares of BlackBerry (BBRY) are down 42 cents, or almost 3%, at $14.42, after Bernstein Research�s Pierre Ferragu cut his rating on the stock to Underperform from Market Perform, and cut his price target to $10 from $15, writing that �expectations have scaled upwards materially� since the stock hit a low of $6.22 last year, but that the company�s sales of its BB10-based handsets will disappoint in the second half of this year, based on his �checks,� as �The initial enthusiasm that we observed for Blackberry 10 devices now appears to be waning.�

Ferragu models 10 million BB10 units the later half of BlackBerry�s fiscal 2014, below his prior 11-million estimate, which, with lower service revenue, would produce total sales of $5.77 billion the latter half of the year, below the $6.66 billion the Street is modeling.

Ferragu�s skepticism is joined by Pacific Crest�s James Faucette, who writes that his own assessment suggests �BB10 production of 1.5 million to 2 million per month remains well above global sell-through demand, which we estimate at well below 500,000 per month.�
    500k/month / 150 carriers = 3333 BB10 devices per carrier/month that is carrying blackberry phones.
    Does that sound credible to you? Faucette ups the ridiculous factor by saying sell through is �much below� this clearly absurd level.
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and fedakd like this.
    06-19-13 09:38 AM
113,256 ... 13151316131713181319 ...