View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    WTF? They're one step away from using moon phases to predict BBRY sales.
    Lmao I nearly burst out laughing in class that was an awesome comment
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-19-13 07:33 AM
    Just when it looked safe to go outside and have some fun:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-june-19-2013-chart.jpg

We tagged resistance yesterday at $ 15.00/shr and back up slightly, today should have been our moment to celebrate BUT along came Bernstein and spoiled the party! Their timing is crazy good, they must need a pull-back more than a rally so we'll hand them over some stock for their troubles. I think they used "Google Search" to collect their data here, whatever that means. Anyway, we have support at the 50-EMA and the 5-EMA around $ 14.40/shr and we are testing that now. The upside is the upper Bollinger Band around $ 14.95/shr which might be difficult to reach today.

We'll just have to see how much of this was timing, as in, we released this bomb right after the stock hit its "high resistance point of the rally". I might be a buyer today if the stock can hold the $ 14.40 level. Today was to be a confirmation of the 5-EMA crossing up through the 50-EMA so now we will have to postpone that great event. I personally think they are hacking the trade trying to hold back the stock. Most shorts do that and we still don't know who the large shorts are around here, might be them. I'll be happy to bounce off support and begin the road to repair for the next run to higher levels. Their timing couldn't have been better, hats off to them!

Who do I send my thank you card to at Bernstein?
    06-19-13 07:44 AM
    Interesting morning to say the least wow!!!! I wonder how M8 feels about all this action
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-19-13 07:44 AM
    Good timing lol
    06-19-13 07:45 AM
    Weak Google search yet strong Global Stats? Oh well I'd just stick with the fundamentals, common sense and intuition. Long BBRY.
    Ditto. This thing could plunge to 12 and I wouldn't mind. Just buy more shares!

I don't know if I understand this correctly but it seems the shorts are throwing more money at this stock to keep it down via bear analyst reports and continual shorting of the stock to suppress the SP.

If so, we're in for a world of great gains and I can't wait until it happens.

Hold on folks, no need to worry. As we've all reviewed the fundamentals (Management, Financials & Outlook of the company) there is minimal downside and huge upside to be had. All the large (reputable enough....) firms have reiterated their Avg PT of $18-22 (Morgan Stanley, RBC, Etc.)

Cheers, Long & Strong.
    06-19-13 07:46 AM
    All I heard was a giant "YABUT".

Several analysts quietly raising their targets as it appears Blackberry is going to have potential blowout ER on the 28th. When asked for their opinion, Bernstein analyst quoted as saying "Yabut we Googled them and found out they were going bankrupt". Markets react violently sending share price to mid-December 2012 levels.
    06-19-13 07:53 AM
    Interesting morning to say the least wow!!!! I wonder how M8 feels about all this action

You timed that well! Ha!

I was writing about this "Google Search" comment in their review and now I see everyone saw that too! I take too long to do my write-ups around here! LOL

I'll definitely be a buyer today, the news of the Q5 launch is 10 X's more important than the Bernstein short covering bomb. I might hire a Bernstein lawyer to sue these guys, one of their cousins maybe, no, forget that.

Looks like a great buy op to me, they lost their street cred on their last downgrade and this story hasn't changed at all. I have to think that we were going to hear from them after earnings anyway, might as well know what we are dealing with now instead of after earnings. Good luck!
    06-19-13 07:56 AM
    Here's another one. Who the hell is OTR Global and are they on crack?

BlackBerry (BBRY) slips 3% premarket after a downgrade to Sell at Bernstein, which sees earnings peaking in FQ1 and "significant risk" of a miss in H2. OTR Global says U.K. Q10 sales fell off a cliff and have been - "not a typo" - just 30K-50K units since launch, reports Notable Calls.

BlackBerry (BBRY) slips 3% premarket after a... - Seeking Alpha
    06-19-13 07:58 AM

BlackBerry (BBRY) slips 3% premarket after a downgrade to Sell at Bernstein, which sees earnings peaking in FQ1 and "significant risk" of a miss in H2. OTR Global says U.K. Q10 sales fell off a cliff and have been - "not a typo" - just 30K-50K units since launch, reports Notable Calls.

WTF?!?!?!?! That's got to be the absolute MOST see through bullscat report to date.
    06-19-13 08:01 AM
    It does look like a good time to buy but I feel like it will not really tank as much as I had thought, guess we gotta wait and see, this downgrade doesn't seem to be having the massive negative effect I had thought may come to fruition, an hour ago.
    psy fi likes this.
    06-19-13 08:02 AM
    WTF? They're one step away from using moon phases to predict BBRY sales.
    Sometimes it would not hurt! The charts are not exactly fool proof!

What is really important is how BBRY ends the day and not how it starts!
    06-19-13 08:07 AM
    It does look like a good time to buy but I feel like it will not really tank as much as I had thought, guess we gotta wait and see, this downgrade doesn't seem to be having the massive negative effect I had thought may come to fruition, an hour ago.
    We won't really know the full impact, or lack of, until the market opens. Lots will be happening within the first few minutes.
    06-19-13 08:07 AM
    Desperate times calls for desperate measures......

WTF?!?!?!?! That's got to be the absolute MOST see through bullscat report to date.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-19-13 08:08 AM

Looks like I found our Russian connection!

Olya Klimiashvili, Director of Research Operations
    Olya oversees research operations for OTR Global. Prior to her current role, Olya was managing OTR Global's consumer products, retail and restaurants platform. Olya joined OTR in 2001 and worked across several industry teams at OTR Global as a researcher, reporter and editor. Prior to joining OTR, Olya worked for Coca-Cola Export Corp. in Moscow, Russia. She holds an MBA from Northern Illinois University and a bachelor's in business from Touro University, Moscow.

Dear Olya,
    You may be getting a call from a Mr. Zipperstein. I recommend you don't pick up the phone.
    Kindest regards,
    Bugmapper.
    06-19-13 08:09 AM
    Didn't they sell 9000 at self ridges in the first day? 30 to 50k sounds a bit low to me.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, bungaboy and fedakd like this.
    06-19-13 08:09 AM
    LOL Google searches now? This is getting comical.

I'll be buying more at approximately 9:48 am today
    06-19-13 08:11 AM
    Actually OTR Global had an accurate report that Z10 sales were through the roof in Canada a couple of weeks after launch when nobody was really saying anything so this UK thing is a bit concerning.
    06-19-13 08:11 AM
    I've still yet to see anything which panics me about BB.

I think the ER will play out like this. A continual fluctuation in price range this week (14.80 to 15.30) (BB.TO) and next week as ER anticipation builds the stock will run to somewhere in the 16.50 to 17.00 range, depending on the news which comes out.

Then ER comes open Friday morning, out the gates the profit takers drop it like its hot and it goes down to 14.80 - 15.20 again. Over the weekend folks reason out and prep their bids for monday.

We move into a higher trading range post ER either the week following or the week after that somewhere in 15.80 to 16.80 range.

None of this is technical but I feel from how I've seen this stock reacts regardless of (+ve) or (-ve) ER reports.

I'm hoping that the stock loses it's volatility and slowly begins a slow short squeeze and the price simply climbs every day
    06-19-13 08:12 AM
    Didn't they sell 9000 at self ridges in the first day? 30 to 50k sounds a bit low to me.

Posted via CB10
    And considering it's in the top sellers list for sim free phones at Carphonewarehouse, I can't see this. Hard to see a top seller with low numbers like that.
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 06-19-13 at 08:28 AM.
    06-19-13 08:13 AM
    Societe Generale came out with their report last week with a 1 million estimate for the Q10 in the last quarter.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-19-13 08:15 AM
    Mr. Ferragu said today that he is also concerned that the new BlackBerry 10 devices won’t win over many corporate customers. “BlackBerry 10 is being tested at only 60 per cent of Fortune 500 companies, which implies the share of defectors could be very large,” he said.

Bernstein cut its estimates for shipments, gross margin and service revenue for the second half of the fiscal year and beyond.
    06-19-13 08:18 AM
    Mr. Ferragu said today that he is also concerned that the new BlackBerry 10 devices won’t win over many corporate customers. “BlackBerry 10 is being tested at only 60 per cent of Fortune 500 companies, which implies the share of defectors could be very large,” he said.

Bernstein cut its estimates for shipments, gross margin and service revenue for the second half of the fiscal year and beyond.
    That assumes that 100% of Fortune 500 companies used Blackberry a couple of months ago.
    06-19-13 08:21 AM
    And considering it's in the top sellers list for sim free phones at Carphonewarehouse, I can't see this. Hard see a top seller with low numbers like that.
    Exactly. If that was the case then they should be shorting carphone warehouse as well. lol
    06-19-13 08:25 AM
    The sp is off its lows. Maybe we'll see an initial sell-off followed by a rally to the upside.
    La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    06-19-13 08:29 AM
    lol today's trading brought to you by:
    I don't have a thanks button this morning. So, Thank You!
    06-19-13 08:34 AM
113,256 ... 13141315131613171318 ...