View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Yes it would be nice to see his reasoning for this... anyone have anymore info?

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 06:36 AM
    What a joke the US market has become. Downgraded and down 3% on low nothing volume. It's takes millions of shares to go up like yesterday and under 100k to go down the same amount? It's a joke.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 06:40 AM
    Pierre Ferragu at Bernstein is supposed to be a respected analyst (I guess I have to use 'respected' quite loosely when describing analysts!)

He downgraded BBRY from Market Outperform to Market Perform on 15 May and now this?! Wonder what it is he has based this on?
    Based on bath salts.
    06-19-13 06:45 AM
    Looks like we're going to tank hard and fast lots of volume in the premarket maybe time to load up on some more
    06-19-13 06:47 AM
    And here I was expecting another upgrade serves me right to think positive
    matthewriedle and bungaboy like this.
    06-19-13 06:49 AM
    The earning report is all that matters versus these ANAL-yst upgrades/downgrades.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 06:54 AM
    If we get down to about $14.15 I might be tempted to grab some more shares.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-19-13 06:54 AM
    http://stks.co/dYOH

What a joke. I think I will wait for earnings and buy more shares on the manipulated dip. I can't wait for short interest next week.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 06:56 AM
    Between $14-$16 there are over 110,000 calls. There's no way the big boys are going to lose on these. Looks like Bernstein Bear is a puppet.
    06-19-13 06:57 AM
    Probably been posted already, but here's the first Q5 commercial. I like this one better than the Z10/Q10 ones so far. Might have to break it down though bc 2 mins is a little long to run on TV.

06-19-13 07:00 AM
    What a joke the US market has become. Downgraded and down 3% on low nothing volume. It's takes millions of shares to go up like yesterday and under 100k to go down the same amount? It's a joke.

Posted via CB10
    IT IS PREMARKET!

The market has always been like this.
    matthewriedle and OMGitworks like this.
    06-19-13 07:01 AM
    He trots out the favoured line by analysts - 'channel checks'. 'Weak BB10 traction and that second half results will disappoint'. PT is $10!

I am very surprised to read this.

StreetInsider.com - UPDATE: Bernstein Cuts BlackBerry (BBRY) to Underperform; Notes Weak BB10 Traction

What a joke. I think I will wait for earnings and buy more shares on the manipulated dip. I can't wait for short interest next week.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 07:03 AM
    IT IS PREMARKET!

The market has always been like this.
    Ya premarket is not a very good indicator. We've been up huge in pre-market before only to finish in deep red by the end of the day and vice versa.
    Wow look at the volume just pick up this is crazy
    Bbry sp should be part of their add campaigns. Lol bbry you is crazy!!!!
    matthewriedle and bungaboy like this.
    06-19-13 07:11 AM
    Ya premarket is not a very good indicator. We've been up huge in pre-market before only to finish in deep red by the end of the day and vice versa.
    While I agree that premarket prices are not always as indicator of the day performance but when we are down so much it is not good.

I hate to be "Debbie Downer" but today the bears are likely to feed!
    06-19-13 07:12 AM
    More shenanigans before the ER to quell confidence. Interesting timing and highly suspect.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 07:13 AM
    "Blackberry's stock has appreciated over 130% since its lows of last year and we believe the impact of the launch on Blackberry's P&L is now well understood and reflected in investor and consensus expectations," said Ferragu. "We expect RIM to miss consensus expectations for the 2H. Our latest channel checks suggest consumer take up is slow, in line with the weak Google search level. We also see increased risk of a slow and partial adoption of BB10 in the corporate."

So, what do they base their 2H expectations on? Consumer take up is slow, duh, Blackberry consumer sales were always going to be slow if you are living on a single digit market share, ANY consumer take up for Blackberry is FANTASTIC for the bottom line
    06-19-13 07:16 AM
    While I agree that premarket prices are not always as indicator of the day performance but when we are down so much it is not good.

lol today's trading brought to you by:
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-berenstain_bears_logo.jpg  
    06-19-13 07:17 AM
    Guess we figured out who was the sleeper cell!

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 07:20 AM
    "Blackberry's stock has appreciated over 130% since its lows of last year and we believe the impact of the launch on Blackberry's P&L is now well understood and reflected in investor and consensus expectations," said Ferragu. "We expect RIM to miss consensus expectations for the 2H. Our latest channel checks suggest consumer take up is slow, in line with the weak Google search level. We also see increased risk of a slow and partial adoption of BB10 in the corporate."

So, what do they base their 2H expectations on? Consumer take up is slow, duh, Blackberry consumer sales were always going to be slow if you are living on a single digit market share, ANY consumer take up for Blackberry is FANTASTIC for the bottom line
    WTF? They're one step away from using moon phases to predict BBRY sales.
    06-19-13 07:26 AM

I agree. Was expecting it to go down after what's happened in the past few trading days.
    What remains to he seen though is, how low will it go...
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-19-13 07:28 AM
    What's interesting is he's predicting the 2H based on channel checks and Google searches when there are still new phones to be released to expand their customer base.

On the plus side, we needed to pull back before the ER anyway so this will now give us more head room coming into it without being too overbought.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 07:30 AM
    WTF? They're one step away from using moon phases to predict BBRY sales.
    You beat me to it.

"Loved" the Google search part in there !
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-19-13 07:30 AM

Weak Google search yet strong Global Stats? Oh well I'd just stick with the fundamentals, common sense and intuition. Long BBRY.
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    06-19-13 07:32 AM
113,256 ... 13131314131513161317 ...