View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    If it keeps the price up, I don't give a damn what excuse they come up with... lol
    I am second for that. Although Leno will not be able to merge with BBRY at the end, but a proposal of $25/share on the table will force the shorts to cover their shorts immediately.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-18-13 10:34 AM
    I wouldn't be happy with $25. My leaps would be worthless lol.
    I don't think you have anything to worry about friend. The rumors are of a buyout or buy-in, but perhaps if there was anything to these rumors it would be a deal between the two in order to provide Lenova secure software for whatever they have up their sleeve. This would be in line with my other prediction that Blackberry will eventually become stricktly software for all manufacturers that can afford them. However, I think with everything Blackberry has going on that this would be at least next year after all these devices hit the market.
    Tinomane and bungaboy like this.
    06-18-13 10:36 AM
    What I would like BB to do is break itself into two or three companies. A handset/device maker , software services( BBM/MDM ) or possibly MDM Enterprise on its own.

1. Partner the handsets/devices to someone like Lenovo .

2. DO an IPO on BBM/MDM ? My reasoning is not too long ago, Tumblr and Waze were recently acquired by Yahoo and Google respectively for over a $1B each. Tumblr is a popular blog hosting site whereas Waze is a Free GPS Navigation app for your handsets. Both of the services they provide are equally done by BBM Channels, BBM Traffic ( with improvements needed I researched ) along with other services like BBM Money ( being piloted in Indonesia ) which will turn out to be a great commerce tool in emerging countries. I can see someone like Amazon could possibly take for partnership. BB could easily raise a lot of $$ if you compare the recent acquisitions by the two giants. Strike while the iron is hot.

3. IPO MDM and/or partner with someone like IBM, SAP or Oracle. They can dominate these burgeoning industry.

By doing these steps they can unlock the value of each individual core strength of the entire company. Announce it on ER and have a referendum on AGM. If what people are saying is true, it would force a recall on shares loaned out so shareholders can vote. This can cause a squeeze of some sort and headaches for the shorts. A possible TKO.

These are just hypothesis so I want to hear what you guys think.

Now I need my coffee.
    Good points for down the road. Bbry is still at the beginning of their transition, ie bbmc channels still in beta, BBM not yet cross platform, no bb10 tablets yet. As Mr. Heins stated that they are putting themselves back on the map and will consider their options once they have proven the transition to be a success. A year from now, it could very well be a possibility especially if the sp remains low.
    06-18-13 10:48 AM
    Seems the DMA is still a relevant factor here. Fighting over the 50-dma at the moment which is at $14.53

EDIT - Tested for 20 minutes and bounced up..... gigidy.
    lcjr, tygros and bungaboy like this.
    06-18-13 10:52 AM
    Seems the DMA is still a relevant factor here. Fighting over the 50-dma at the moment which is at $14.53
    done fighting; now @ 14.63
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-18-13 10:56 AM
    Wow, we now hit $14.63. I'm quite happy, even if it doesn't last we are making progress.
    06-18-13 10:57 AM
    Looks like Microsoft is following Samsungs lead and doing some "reputation management" for their Xbox one. If they're pulling this stuff with the Xbox then undoubtedly they must be doing the same for other products. I know a bunch of us here always wondered how the Lumia phones seemed to be so popular online and now we know why. I can just picture an office full of M$ employees voting on those phonedog polls all day long lol.

Microsoft Has Hired People To Make Positive Comments About Xbox One On Reddit, Contractor Says
    Julie Bort 8 June 2013 6:13 AM
    Share Discuss Bookmark
    XBOX MAIN IMAGE

Looks like Microsoft just got busted for doing something on Reddit that is a big no-no, according to a Redditor that goes by the name “mistysilver.”

Representatives of Microsoft may be hanging out on the social news site voting up positive comments about the Xbox One, voting down negative comments and adding pro-Xbox comments of their own, Misty Silver says.

Misty Silver didn’t reveal his/her real identity, except to say. “I work for a marketing firm in Redmond that has a contract with Microsoft. I can’t say specifically which division, but suffice to say we are not involved with the Xbox.”

The story goes: While at Microsoft for a meeting, Misty Silver saw and overheard some employees on Reddit. She looked at one of the employee’s screens:

“I noticed he was mass-downvoting a ton of posts and comments, and he kept switching to other tabs to make posts and comments of his own. I couldn’t make out exactly what he was posting, but I presumed he was doing RM (reputation management) and asked my boss about it later. According to my boss, MS have[sic] just brought in a huge sweep of SMM managers to handle reputation management for the Xbox One,” Silver reported.

“Reputation management” is the term social media marketers use to “pose as happy customers” on social media sites. They upvote/downvote and make comments.

In the last year or so, Reddit has become a prime target for reputation management, Misty Silver says.

Reddit says its ok for people to submit their own info to Reddit within reason. But it’s strictly against the rules to either “pretend to be someone else” or to “create mass downvote or upvote campaigns.“

In extreme cases it can get an entire company completely banned from Reddit.

That’s probably impossible with Microsoft. Legit Redditors are going to want to discuss the company and its products. But this kind of stuff still really irks Redditors. One of them even outed a Reddit account they thought belonged to a Microsoft marketer.

Obviously, we can’t confirm this story. We asked Microsoft for comment on if they have people on their payroll using Reddit and will update when they reply.

Still the idea of “reputation management” is for real.
    Microsoft Has Hired People To Make Positive Comments About Xbox One On Reddit, Contractor Says | Business Insider Australia
    06-18-13 11:03 AM
    Good Grief! We are in a RALLY!
    06-18-13 11:14 AM
    Skynet still trying to keep this stock down. I see a lot of attempts of bringing it back down, this is costing someone huge today
    06-18-13 11:16 AM
    Nice jump and we are at the midpoint of the day.
    I can't wait for the earnings release so we get some new and real information. These "channel checks" are getting frustrating.
    By the way, while I don't think the US will adopt BBRY10 quickly, I do think it will remain a huge market. In business there are just so many qwerty users out there. I see them all over the place all the time. Those folks are upgrading to the Q10 eventually.
    06-18-13 11:16 AM
    The first short hedge fund out of this trade might not go bust. The rest probably will! Nothing but a bear hunt. Can't wait to see who breaks first!

Skynet still trying to keep this stock down. I see a lot of attempts of bringing it back down, this is costing someone huge today
    06-18-13 11:31 AM
    At this rate, we're going to be testing the top of the BB's before days end.
    lcjr, morganplus8, fedakd and 1 others like this.
    06-18-13 11:33 AM
    $14.82 and going up!
    06-18-13 11:34 AM
    Man, its chewing through some of these areas! Me likey

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-18-13 11:34 AM
    There is some serious momentum behind the stock today!
    06-18-13 11:39 AM
    $14.91 Woww dreams on!!
    ItsTheBox likes this.
    06-18-13 11:39 AM
    There is some serious momentum behind the stock today!
    yeah, finally
    06-18-13 11:40 AM
    watch out 15's..here we come!!!
    Just an update on our chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-june-18b-2013-chart.jpg

We have a downtrend line from the end of April high to the lower highs of May, it resolves close to $ 15.00/shr so that's convenient! The Bollinger Bands tell us that today we will see a high of around $ 14.93/shr and we are close to that. We have the 5-ema within $ .02/shr of hitting the 50-ema so that will be bullish tomorrow if we close up around here. The stock needs to just hold onto its excellent gains today in order for us to turn very bullish in the short-term. We are striking many resistant levels and really shouldn't take too much time getting through each of them. We need the Bollinger Bands to open up here so we can start a sustained rally from $ 15.00/shr to $ 16.50/shr. Working like a charm so far!

UPDATE!
    Just as I thought it would, the 5-ema equals the 50-ema when the stock is at $ 14.91/shr so we are going higher here if we can hold these gains. The better news is that the $ 14.90's are forcing the BB's to expand and we need that to continue the rally. My guess is that we could touch $ 15.00/shr today and attempt to break it and fail. Lots of resistance at $ 15.00 for a couple of days. If we start to climb outside the Bollinger Bands then you have one hel-of-a rally on your hands!
    At this rate, we're going to be testing the top of the BB's before days end.
    Well bring it on then! Let us know when those arms of yours get tired from banging or "whacking" that cowbell. lol
    06-18-13 11:41 AM
    Okay someone knows something or short covering. Either way, very nice.

Posted via CB10
    ItsTheBox and bungaboy like this.
    06-18-13 11:42 AM
    Some good size chunks of BBRY being traded here.
    06-18-13 11:42 AM
    The first short hedge fund out of this trade might not go bust. The rest probably will! Nothing but a bear hunt. Can't wait to see who breaks first!
    And I said last week that if someone wants to cover, it would have to be this week right after the last short count ( 15th ) and before the ER. That way they stay hidden not until after the ER. .

Someone mentioned earlier that the Lenovo rumor was spun again just to provide some cover for the shorts covering. I like to believe that too...
    silversun10 and bungaboy like this.
    06-18-13 11:43 AM
    NOK is up HUGE too. Up over 8%
    06-18-13 11:44 AM
    Could anyone tell me if there is still a StockBerrians bbm group kicking around? Finally reunited with my BlackBerry and would love to join.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-18-13 11:44 AM
113,250 ... 13061307130813091310 ...