2 mln volume plus buy
    06-18-13 09:38 AM
    Takeover rumors again.
    Link

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 09:39 AM
    From Twitter:

OptionCast ‏@OptionCast
    $BBRY Hearing more unconfirmed rumors that Lenovo is potential acquirer at $25 a share

Dream on Lenovo!!!
    06-18-13 09:40 AM
    Somebody knows something
    We are the last to know. jumped to $14.53 for s second

Takeover rumors again.
    Not again!
    La Emperor likes this.
    06-18-13 09:40 AM
    From Twitter:

OptionCast ‏@OptionCast
    $BBRY Hearing more unconfirmed rumors that Lenovo is potential acquirer at $25 a share

Dream on Lenovo!!!

take over by Lenovo not going to happen, but $25 should happen anyways, so lets get moving
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-18-13 09:41 AM
    BlackBerry estimates raised again at RBC Capital Mkts (14.32 +0.02)

Before the open, RBC raised BB10 unit estimates on faster than expected channel fill of the Z10/Q10, along with the earlier than expected launch (Aug/Sept) of the entry level Q5. Beyond channel-fill, upgrades from die-hard users and price stimulation, the picture remains blurry, particularly as competition remains fierce and BlackBerry transitions away from its mandatory service model. BB10 forecast to 3.5M units for F1Q (prior 2.75M).
    psy fi and bungaboy like this.
    06-18-13 09:41 AM
    From Twitter:

OptionCast ‏@OptionCast

Dream on Lenovo!!!
    Speak for yourself! There are days that $25 would be very tempting!

Like TODAY!

But a Lenovo purchase would be the end of Blackberry as we know it!
    06-18-13 09:42 AM
    BlackBerry lifting on volume; attributed to renewed Lenovo (LNVGY) M&A chatter (14.51 +0.22) -Update-
    From Twitter:

OptionCast ‏@OptionCast

Dream on Lenovo!!!
    This is getting old.
    06-18-13 09:43 AM
    From Twitter:

OptionCast ‏@OptionCast

Dream on Lenovo!!!
    These Leno vi reports need to stop. Le nova can't afford bbry

Posted via CB10
    La Emperor, dusdal and rarsen like this.
    06-18-13 09:46 AM
    I would say statscounter can't be used to as an accurate measure of market share. But I think it can be used to predict a trend and strength in a market. Positive in UK, canada, South Africa. When the z10 launched in the states a whole bunch of negativity came out as we saw first hand on this site. Statscounter confirmed that bbry still has a weak hand in the states courtesy of the carriers and others. The stock movement confirms it. Fortunately, I think it will beat good qe due to the strength of other markets, but it won't be a homerun. I think market share in Canada might be about 20%. And yes I think it could go to 30% by the end of the year. I see bb7 and bb10 all over the place. Just flew from Toronto to Washington, and the lady beside me had a z10. Btw, there was bbry booth at the airport. Rep was talking to a stewardess.
    Absolutely agree with you on the accuracy. Even analysts who have all the tools and connections are all guessing like us although some have better info than others. The only guys who would absolutely know it day to day are the boys in Waterloo. Other than that, we're all in the same boat.

GS numbers are a good indicator or a trend indicator if you will. I have used it as well in coming up with my own personal research and I came out with numbers not too far off from what everyone is predicting ( including the numbers from the recent upgrades we just had ). Mine was overly positive though ( posted it a few days ago ) Now are they correct? I'm not banking on it but hoping I'm within acceptable margin of error. We will know come ER time.

As far as some of the question on GS metrics and how things are done in their end, some may probably find the answers they are looking for in the FAQ section. I spent a bit of time trying to digest on what they really do and how they do it. It maybe worth your time.
    junelises, psy fi and bungaboy like this.
    06-18-13 09:47 AM
    These Leno vi reports need to stop. Le nova can't afford bbry

Posted via CB10
    I bet they could
    06-18-13 09:47 AM
    shorts spreading a lame Lenovo rumor to cover up the fact they are covering their shorts maybe?
    La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    06-18-13 09:50 AM
    I think BBRY is going to kill the earnings estimates. But, I don't think they've sold very much in the U.S. I'm worried that even if BBRY completely blows out earnings the bear analysts will latch onto "poor" U.S sales and try to knock it down.
    kfh227 and bungaboy like this.
    06-18-13 09:52 AM
    shorts spreading a lame Lenovo rumor to cover up the fact they are covering their shorts maybe?
    If it keeps the price up, I don't give a damn what excuse they come up with... lol
    06-18-13 09:54 AM
    Speak for yourself! There are days that $25 would be very tempting!

Like TODAY!

But a Lenovo purchase would be the end of Blackberry as we know it!
    Gregge!!

I'm going to call you on that, Lenovo at $ 25.00 would be the first offer of several, this would not stop at $ 25.00 a share sir!!

You would have several suitors line up to take BB out from that level. MS would likely snap at it, Amazon, even Apple needs help these days .... but Samsung needs the patents.
    06-18-13 09:54 AM
    While I don't think Lenovo would make a bid for BBRY at $25, I think it's entirely possible for them to buy a stake in the company. BlackBerry and Lenovo could be working on a strategic partnership as we speak. A couple weeks ago there was an official statement from Lenovo's CFO stating they were looking to pursue negotiations with a "smartphone maker". Pair this with Lenovo's recent bond offering in the USA to perhaps raise more capital, and it's entirely possible they are looking at taking a stake in our favorite stock!

I think the shorts are crazy to be this deep in the stock. It's not even in the realm of what a reasonable person would do anymore. Then again, we all know the shorts aren't "reasonable".

Edit: It's also possible that we'll see things heat up prior to ER. Any company that has been following BlackBerry, and it's enormous short interest, knows that with a good ER an attempt to buy the company could get a lot more expensive!
    06-18-13 09:59 AM
    If it keeps the price up, I don't give a damn what excuse they come up with... lol
    I like it too but it's effect will not last long
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    06-18-13 10:02 AM
    Gregge!!

I'm going to call you on that, Lenovo at $ 25.00 would be the first offer of several, this would not stop at $ 25.00 a share sir!!

You would have several suitors line up to take BB out from that level. MS would likely snap at it, Amazon, even Apple needs help these days .... but Samsung needs the patents.
    Agreed, but Like I said, there are days when that $25 would be VERY tempting! (about $70k tempting!)
    06-18-13 10:04 AM
    Agreed, but Like I said, there are days when that $25 would be VERY tempting! (about $70k tempting!)
    I wouldn't be happy with $25. My leaps would be worthless lol.
    06-18-13 10:09 AM
    06-18-13 10:10 AM
    I could see Blackberry providing the software to Lonova phones and tablets. That's not unreasonable. They are actively seeking business deals right now.

"Lenovo has implemented an aggressive strategy to replace Samsung as the Mainland China market's top smartphone manufacturer. It has spent $793.5 million in Wuhan in order to build a plant that can produce 30 to 40 million phones per year. Data from Analysys International shows that Lenovo experienced considerable growth in smartphone sales in China during 2012. Specifically, it saw its market share increase to 14.2 percent during 2012's third quarter, representing an increase when compared to 4.8 percent in the same quarter of 2011. IDC analysts said that Lenovo's success is due to its "aggressive ramping-up and improvements in channel partnerships. "Analysys International analyst Wang Ying wrote, "Lenovo possesses an obvious advantage over rivals in terms of sales channels." The company's CEO, Yang Yuanqing, said, "Lenovo does not want to be the second player ... we want to be the best. Lenovo has the confidence to outperform Samsung and Apple, at least in the Chinese market."

According to IHS iSuppli, Lenovo was a top-three smartphone maker in China with a 16.5 percent market share in the first quarter of 2012. According to a May report released by IDC Lenovo ranks fourth in the global tablet market by volume. As of November 2012, Lenovo was the second largest seller of mobile phones in China when measured by volume."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenovo
    06-18-13 10:10 AM
    While I don't think Lenovo would make a bid for BBRY at $25, I think it's entirely possible for them to buy a stake in the company. BlackBerry and Lenovo could be working on a strategic partnership as we speak. A couple weeks ago there was an official statement from Lenovo's CFO stating they were looking to pursue negotiations with a "smartphone maker". Pair this with Lenovo's recent bond offering in the USA to perhaps raise more capital, and it's entirely possible they are looking at taking a stake in our favorite stock!

I think the shorts are crazy to be this deep in the stock. It's not even in the realm of what a reasonable person would do anymore. Then again, we all know the shorts aren't "reasonable".

Edit: It's also possible that we'll see things heat up prior to ER. Any company that has been following BlackBerry, and it's enormous short interest, knows that with a good ER an attempt to buy the company could get a lot more expensive!
    What I would like BB to do is break itself into two or three companies. A handset/device maker , software services( BBM/MDM ) or possibly MDM Enterprise on its own.

1. Partner the handsets/devices to someone like Lenovo .

2. DO an IPO on BBM/MDM ? My reasoning is not too long ago, Tumblr and Waze were recently acquired by Yahoo and Google respectively for over a $1B each. Tumblr is a popular blog hosting site whereas Waze is a Free GPS Navigation app for your handsets. Both of the services they provide are equally done by BBM Channels, BBM Traffic ( with improvements needed I researched ) along with other services like BBM Money ( being piloted in Indonesia ) which will turn out to be a great commerce tool in emerging countries. I can see someone like Amazon could possibly take for partnership. BB could easily raise a lot of $$ if you compare the recent acquisitions by the two giants. Strike while the iron is hot.

3. IPO MDM and/or partner with someone like IBM, SAP or Oracle. They can dominate these burgeoning industry.

By doing these steps they can unlock the value of each individual core strength of the entire company. Announce it on ER and have a referendum on AGM. If what people are saying is true, it would force a recall on shares loaned out so shareholders can vote. This can cause a squeeze of some sort and headaches for the shorts. A possible TKO.

These are just hypothesis so I want to hear what you guys think.

Now I need my coffee.
    06-18-13 10:32 AM
    Spiking again
    06-18-13 10:32 AM
113,256 ... 13051306130713081309 ...