1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Diehards man, gotta love em.
    06-18-13 12:55 AM
    06-18-13 01:15 AM
    Remember their cash for marketing is likely less than 1/10 of what apple and Sam spend.
    Let me bring some dev-related experience (did it before, but I think it's accurate to write it again).
    You know Samsung is going Tizen, may I say is going "full throttle on Tizen" (but that's another story).

A good friend of mine is leading a mobile apps dev agency in the south of France.
    They had a call from Sammy : "You developed apps for our Android store we want to see in Tizen catalog at launch [a dozen, actually; big names]. You have 2 months: what is your price ? We pay". That simple. No discussion (or such).
    2 weeks ago, I had a one-to-one discussion with the French "app promotion" director about his. "Yes I know "we" (he was a formerly Samsung employee) used to do that at Samsung; some agencies even made a lot of money with that; for Samy, it's a drop in the bucket. BlackBerry cannot afford this kind of over-costly action; we have to use alternate methods, but we're pretty good at it. It's just not as blasting."

You say 1/10th ... I say more likely 1/100 if you include everything "product launch related", i.e you compare BB10 and Tizen launches, for instance.

P.S: btw, this is also good news; Tizen is handling HTML5 as good (even rumored better) as BB10. I'm really confident about the explosion of HTML5 apps that will port on BB10 ... well ... almost instantly.

That's my thinking as well. Say very little, lay low, then . . . . . . . . WACK!!!!!
    count the number of "in the shadow" occurrences I wrote in this particular thread

And, in the meantime ... we're over 67% gang !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-18-13 at 02:45 AM.
    06-18-13 02:16 AM
    How do you delete your account here?

Whoeverthe admins are, please delete my account here. I've tried but can't find anything that allows me to do so.
    Charles, you need to take a vacation from this.

Go and rest for a while.
    06-18-13 05:18 AM
    Charles, you need to take a vacation from this.

Go and rest for a while.
    yes, and don't answer every single post, that would hold true for anybody for that matter
    bungaboy and peter9477 like this.
    06-18-13 06:04 AM
    I am a brand new user and I am now a FANatic

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, Acumenight and Dapper37 like this.
    06-18-13 06:13 AM
    I am a brand new user and I am now a FANatic

Posted via CB10
    Charles was 2young2die, IMHO
    06-18-13 06:19 AM
    Charles was 2young2die, IMHO
    rarsen and jon_stark_28 like this.
    06-18-13 06:27 AM
    How do you delete your account here?
    Whoeverthe admins are, please delete my account here. I've tried but can't find anything that allows me to do so.
    This cannot be serious. Feb 2013 is not 3-5 years away. Stick to the plan
    In the meantime, stay calm and moreover: stay with us (no debauch intended !), we know who you are !

P.S: did I missed something / deleted posts ?
    tygros and bungaboy like this.
    06-18-13 06:32 AM
    06-18-13 06:41 AM
    We are green, as usual, in premarket!
    06-18-13 06:43 AM
    And who is going to tell us if the premarket is green or red? (as well as greggebhardt!)

You are irreplaceable!
    06-18-13 06:43 AM
    Here, let's give the mood a lift, if only for a few minutes.

14.30 -0.14 (-0.97%)
    Pre-market: 14.45 +0.15 (1.05%)
    Jun 18, 7:41AM EDT
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-18-13 06:44 AM
    “Clients are cautiously optimistic about Windows Phone,” noted Mr. Edelson. ”Most come in looking for iOS or Android development for their first version of the app. The second round of development involves discussion about Windows Phone and/or Blackerry 10. Six months ago, clients were considering only Windows Phone as a third platform. Now, Blackberry has re-entered the conversation and decision process. I think this is partly associated to the recent press around the successful launch of the Q10.”
    THIS is marketing bottom up. No pom-pom girls. Traction. Here we go !

Both of them [BBRY, NOK] lag far behind Apple AAPL +0.47% and Google, which are racing towards the goal of hitting 1 million mobile apps available. But the door may not be entirely closed for a third alternative to build a niche of its own – at least in the enterprise environment.
    Back to solid basis ... where you hear the sweet sound of $$ faling in your pockets. "Niche", "Third" ... remember Thor words ...
    06-18-13 06:48 AM
    06-18-13 06:55 AM
    THIS is marketing bottom up. No pom-pom girls. Traction. Here we go !

Back to solid basis ... where you hear the sweet sound of $$ faling in your pockets. "Niche", "Third" ... remember Thor words ...
    Third...... for now

Posted via CB10
    q649, Superfly_FR, psy fi and 1 others like this.
    06-18-13 06:56 AM
    StreetInsider.com - BlackBerry (BBRY) Ests Boosted on Strong Channel Fill; Short Rally Possible, RBC Says

BlackBerry (BBRY) Ests Boosted on Strong Channel Fill; Short Rally Possible, RBC Says

Article
    Related Articles (3)
    Stock Quotes (1)
    Comments (0)

FREE Breaking News Alerts from StreetInsider.com!

E-mail Address

Top News
    Most Read
    Highlighted
    Loeb Boosts Sony (SNE) Stake, Continues Urging IPO on Entertainment Unit
    Next Big Thing from Apple (AAPL) Could be a Big Flop - Analyst
    Tesla (TSLA) Plans Live Battery-Swap Demo for June 20th
    Streetinsider.com After-Hours Movers 06/17: (RMBS) (KFY) (IR) Higher; (GNMK) (SFL) (RPRX) Lower (more...)
    Market Wrap: Empire Manufacturing State of Mind; Weyerhaeuser Purchases; Walter Continues Slide

June 18, 2013 7:44 AM EDT Tweet Send to a Friend

Get Alerts BBRY Hot Sheet
    Price: $14.30 --0%

Rating Summary:
    10 Buy, 28 Hold, 20 Sell

Rating Trend: = Flat

Today's Overall Ratings:
    Up: 4 | Down: 9 | New: 17
    Trade BBRY Now!
    Though sales of BlackBerry (Nasdaq: BBRY) BB10-equipped devices might be debated ad nauseam, one firm is boosting estimates on better-than-expected checks.

RBC is raising Q1 unit sales estimates from 2.75 million up to 3.5 million. Estimates for Q2 rise from 3 million up to 4 million.

Analyst Mark Sue said that the improved outlook stems from Z10 and Q10 channel fill happening faster than anticipated. Sell through is also ramping as BlackBerry expands sales partners for BB10 devices. The company now has 170 carriers in 72 countries, versus 60 carriers in 40 countries previously reported.

Sue also thinks a rally on short covering is possible. From short interest positions of 8.4 percent on January 15th, that number has widened to 14 percent of float at last check.

RBC has BlackBerry at Sector Perform with a price target of $18.

For an analyst ratings summary and ratings history on BlackBerry click here. For more ratings news on BlackBerry click here.

Shares of BlackBerry closed at $14.30 yesterday, with a 52 week range of $12.55-

Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!
    06-18-13 06:57 AM
    CM1 hopefully is sleeping off a giant hangover and will be back shortly?
    06-18-13 07:07 AM
    CM1 hopefully is sleeping off a giant hangover and will be back shortly?
    It is showing he is not logged in or he is here but logged out!

Good Morning Charles! (just in case)
    06-18-13 07:09 AM
    And the BS continues too......

BlackBerry - One Week After Saying No To Price Wars, Q10 Discounted By 11%

BlackBerry (BBRY), the Canadian smartphone maker, has started discounting its top end flagship phones, one week after it said that it would not get into price wars with its competitors.

Not posting a link here. It's from seekingalpha
    06-18-13 07:19 AM
    maybe it's some sort of legal item in the contract that they can't use it for PR. Otherwise it just doesn't make sense. They shout it from the rooftops when some law firm you've never heard of orders 500 phones, so 30k should be an explosion of PR unless there is a reason they can't.
    And you think the law firm wasn't harder on any non-announcement clause...

I am sure there is no bar to announcing it. The info was out there anyway, it should have been more of an effort from BBRY PR.
    06-18-13 07:25 AM
    Disagree, you are confusing marketing and stock price support.

TH job is to make money now and on the future not to pr a stock.

Their marketing is much better than ever and marketing never hits everyone the same. Remember their cash for marketing is likely less than 1/10 of what apple and Sam spend. You can not expect BlackBerry to be at that level of markering.

You need to take some happy pills!

Posted via CB10
    They are not mutually exclusive. BBRY fails to promote or defend itself on too many occasions for my liking. Obivously you disagree, but cheerleading helps the company and the stock price and TH and BBRY are seriously lacking IMHO in that department.
    La Emperor and take99 like this.
    06-18-13 07:28 AM

BlackBerry (BBRY), the Canadian smartphone maker, has started discounting its top end flagship phones, one week after it said that it would not get into price wars with its competitors.

oh I didn't realize you could buy the phones directly from BBRY. The carriers set the prices for the phones. I hope they discount it to $0 bc BBRY will still be getting the same $ for them.
    06-18-13 07:34 AM
    As answered in comments there, this is actually Amex that is paying the discount. ASP do not change.
    I call BS.
    06-18-13 07:37 AM
    As answered in comments there, this is actually Amex that is paying the discount. ASP do not change.
    I call BS.
    But who is paying AMEX, the carrier or BlackBerry?
    06-18-13 07:46 AM
113,256 ... 13031304130513061307 ...