View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Lol....me to brother. hey, do you know anyone around Goddard KS? I'm Buying some equipment from a fellow there so just curious.

Posted via CB10
    I have a friend at Fort Riley, KS but that's 2 1/2 hours away.
    06-17-13 04:45 PM
    I have a friend at Fort Riley, KS but that's 2 1/2 hours away.
    Thanks for replying...it's a small world so thought I would ask.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 04:47 PM
    NEWS FLASH: Magic 8 Ball Reveals "It is certain"!!!

I asked, "Will BBRY shareholders benefit from a major short squeeze this month"

I think you and Shane are using the same 8 ball. Mine didn't say that. Not even close. hahaha.
    06-17-13 04:47 PM
    I agree from that perspective, but the general public and tech writers will demand quad core min. It's all about perception of what a top end smartphone should have.

Maybe with an eight pound battery too... ;-)

Seriously though, even quad core seems pretty silly with current battery tech, unless half are shut down entirely when you're not docked.
    06-17-13 04:53 PM
    I agree from that perspective, but the general public and tech writers will demand quad core min. It's all about perception of what a top end smartphone should have.
    Sorry but...I do not think this is their path. Sammy and a few of the other Android players have convinced people (not all, just some) that it's all about specs...mostly due to the need to differentiate themselves from the crowd. BlackBerry and even Apple do not need play this game...to a point perhaps but a kick azz duel core with a 2400 battery and BB10 will blow the others away....that is my two cents.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 04:58 PM
    I really feel that launching a 'flagship' in November with a dual core would be suicidal. By that point dual core will be 'low end' for mature markets, they need something that will stand out and compete with droids spec wise.
    Shanerredflag and kfh227 like this.
    06-17-13 05:08 PM
    BB is asking for recommendations for improving BB World.

How would you improve BlackBerry World? | CrackBerry.com
    06-17-13 05:12 PM
    I really feel that launching a 'flagship' in November with a dual core would be suicidal. By that point dual core will be 'low end' for mature markets, they need something that will stand out and compete with droids spec wise.
    You are likely right...I'm just being a bit selfish as I would rather see extra working hours and perhaps a free dock in the box than a silly marketing gimmick.
    take99 likes this.
    06-17-13 05:13 PM
    That's the hard part of manufacturing tech devices. By the time they are ready to hit the market they could already be obsolete or lagging behind the competition. I hold firm to my belief that after this year's devices that Blackberry will be soley software.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-17-13 05:15 PM
    Still waiting on a horizontal qwerty. If Blackberry is the king of QWERTY then give me a HORIZONTAL QWERTY!!! That I would buy without a doubt.
    06-17-13 05:17 PM
    Still waiting on a horizontal qwerty. If Blackberry is the king of QWERTY then give me a HORIZONTAL QWERTY!!! That I would buy without a doubt.
    Didn't Motorola make one of those before? I remember seeing one once and thought it was pretty cool.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-att_motorola_flipside_android_phone_with_qwerty_and_trackpad.jpg
    06-17-13 05:20 PM
    I don't agree. 90% of ifone user don't even know what a GPU is ... Because appl hide the specs behind the user experience.

(my wife : daaaaaaaarrrrrllllliiiiinnnnnnnnngggggg WTF are you doing ?) => bye

No: experience first !
    (I'm dead !)
    06-17-13 05:29 PM
    That's the hard part of manufacturing tech devices. By the time they are ready to hit the market they could already be obsolete or lagging behind the competition. I hold firm to my belief that after this year's devices that Blackberry will be soley software.
    What's hard about it?

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 05:30 PM
    Didn't Motorola make one of those before? I remember seeing one once and thought it was pretty cool.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATT_Motorola_FLIPSIDE_Android_Phone_with_QWERTY_and_Trackpad.jpg 
Views:	737 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	173232
    DROID 3

I had one. The z10 blows it away.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-17-13 05:31 PM

Yeah a BB10 Torch would be great with a touch screen
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-17-13 06:00 PM
    Ba$****$!!!
    And cork soakers too! LoL
    06-17-13 06:13 PM
    And cork soakers too! LoL
    *superBot_FR*
    I believe we have our count of rude words for today fellow Stockberrians !

(me: mmmeeeeehhhh, I'm not typing, I'm cleaning my keyboard ! : 10000% bad faith lol)
    06-17-13 06:25 PM
    so we know the shorter's lakeys are calling Fire, Fire all day long. so when do we know BB is in trouble? they will be if they announced a financing to fund the marketing efforts or whatever. the question is did that happen? No. so even if you don't have sales figures or profit numbers, this much we know, Blackberry is funding its operations from its current sales. Not bad if you just had to build and then introduce a new product platform into the market. so, whatever horror stories the shorts are peddling, we know Blackberry is having some measure of success without having actual numbers, that much we know.
    06-17-13 06:27 PM
    Need some of this for June 28th

Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    06-17-13 06:29 PM
    Some new info in here on Wells Fargo

BBRY: Q10 Upside, Says Deutsche, Long Term Uncertain; Wells Sees Upside - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

BBRY: Q10 Upside, Says Deutsche, Long Term Uncertain; Wells Sees Upside
    By Tiernan Ray

Shares of BlackBerry (BBRY) today slipped 14 cents, or 1%, to close at $14.30, following negative remarks from Deutsche Bank‘s Brian Modoff, who reiterated a Hold on the shares, and an $8 price target, writing that his “checks” of sales of BB10-based handsets, which went on sale starting with the Z10 in February, and continued with the Q10 last month, have been “mixed, if not slightly worse.”

Modoff actually thinks results for BB10 unit shipments may turn out better than expected in the fiscal Q1 that ended last month, perhaps beating the Street’s average estimate for 3 million units.

Writes Modoff, “We feel that the company could have done well in a few geographies and that could help them surprise with a strong BB10 unit number.”

“Moreover, the long tail of service revenues could hold up better than expected, further cushioning margins.”

But Modoff is sticking with a 2.5 million-unit-shipment forecast for the quarter, and he thinks that results are getting weaker in the U.K. and may ultimately dry up in emerging markets, opining that the forthcoming lower-cost ”Q5” may not fare well:

Our checks have repeatedly come back negative from these geographies. On top of this, the Managing Director for the UK abruptly left the company this week. Certainly, this could be an aberrant action; however, put together with our checks it does not indicate the progress we had hoped to see [...] India, Indonesia, South Africa, Nigeria and Venezuela used to be amongst the countries Blackberry once counted on for growth. While we have not done checks on all of these countries, our surveys indicate that Blackberry is struggling in a few. Blackberry’s answer for emerging markets is the Q5, the inexpensive sibling of the Q10; however, we think there could be challenges here with app development and BOM cost. Given the screen ratio difference between the Q10/5 and that of the Z10, app developers will need to tweak existing BB10 apps in order for them to be included on these handsets. Additionally, it is our belief that the BB10 platform requires a dual core processor to perform well, putting the Q5 at a cost-disadvantage from the start. All of this means that current BB7 hold-outs waiting to convert may not have much to look forward to.

Modoff’s note follows a bullish report Friday by Wells Fargo‘s Maynard Um, who reiterated an Outperform rating on BlackBerry shares and a $19 to $20 “valuation range.”

After some delay, a copy of that Friday report sailed through the transom today and is worth mentioning. Um emphasizes in his report that his own checks of sales in the U.S. of the Q10 indicate results last quarter slightly beat consensus, perhaps producing $3.36 billion in revenue versus what he cites as consensus of $3.35 billion and 5 cents. (The consensus revenue number has since risen to $3.38 billion, according to FactSet.)

Um writes that the Q10 is faring better than the Z10 in the U.S. at present, affirming his view loyalists will buy the device:

Based on our anecdotal checks throughout the week in the US, while Q10 demand varied across stores, salespeople generally cited good demand (business areas saw greater demand) and sufficient inventory (suggesting it was not a soft launch) [...] We think expectations have recently risen for BB10 units (we est 3.5MM) and though we see some scope for upside potential, we are taking a conservative approach (as we do not have the precision to forecast timing and recognition of US units that could have shipped in the May quarter for sale in June). We raise August quarter ests on the back of Q10 sales and the addition of 1MM Q5 units (transfer of R&D employees could also help operating expense yet we est flat R&D). The net effect is an increase to our FY2014 EPS to $0.32 from -$0.07 [Street: $0.33]. We think there could be upside potential to our FY2014 but take a conservative approach to seasonality and A10 holiday release given current limited visibility (though early buzz is fairly positive). While we are essentially in line with the Street, we think there is little investor confidence BBRY will be able to achieve these ests [...] Good Q10 customer interest and demand; much more successful than the Z10 launch, which is consistent with our view that the die-hard BlackBerry installed base of 76MM loyal to the keyboard (limited competition) presents a strong upgrade opportunity. Z10 softness is not a tremendous surprise to us ahead of the Q10 release. With more than 200 operators qualifying the Q10, our Aug ests could prove conservative (even accounting for any Z10 inventory actions, if needed). Every 100k BB10 units equates to roughly $0.01 in EPS, all else equal.
    06-17-13 06:31 PM
    I think the reason the "old" firm is toast is exactly that...500 bulk order gets published but hourly updates of 1, 2,3,5,8 thousand do not. It may very well be that a non publish agreement was negotiated but surely there is something they could have said.

However... I think they are laying a "bear trap" ...Prem is no one's fool and has a bone to pick with a few IB's...so perhaps all this talk is fore naught and we will be left in awe of the brilliance of it all in a quarter or two.

Posted via CB10
    That's my thinking as well. Say very little, lay low, then . . . . . . . . WACK!!!!!
    06-17-13 06:32 PM
    Sorry but...I do not think this is their path. Sammy and a few of the other Android players have convinced people (not all, just some) that it's all about specs...mostly due to the need to differentiate themselves from the crowd. BlackBerry and even Apple do not need play this game...to a point perhaps but a kick azz duel core with a 2400 battery and BB10 will blow the others away....that is my two cents.

Posted via CB10
    The OS is what determines spec requirements and it is already apparent that a dual core is sufficient for our current needs. Silent fluidity...
    06-17-13 06:38 PM
    O
    Some new info in here on Wells Fargo

BBRY: Q10 Upside, Says Deutsche, Long Term Uncertain; Wells Sees Upside - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

BBRY: Q10 Upside, Says Deutsche, Long Term Uncertain; Wells Sees Upside
    By Tiernan Ray

Shares of BlackBerry (BBRY) today slipped 14 cents, or 1%, to close at $14.30, following negative remarks from Deutsche Bank‘s Brian Modoff, who reiterated a Hold on the shares, and an $8 price target, writing that his “checks” of sales of BB10-based handsets, which went on sale starting with the Z10 in February, and continued with the Q10 last month, have been “mixed, if not slightly worse.”

Modoff actually thinks results for BB10 unit shipments may turn out better than expected in the fiscal Q1 that ended last month, perhaps beating the Street’s average estimate for 3 million units.

Writes Modoff, “We feel that the company could have done well in a few geographies and that could help them surprise with a strong BB10 unit number.”

“Moreover, the long tail of service revenues could hold up better than expected, further cushioning margins.”

But Modoff is sticking with a 2.5 million-unit-shipment forecast for the quarter, and he thinks that results are getting weaker in the U.K. and may ultimately dry up in emerging markets, opining that the forthcoming lower-cost ”Q5” may not fare well:

Our checks have repeatedly come back negative from these geographies. On top of this, the Managing Director for the UK abruptly left the company this week. Certainly, this could be an aberrant action; however, put together with our checks it does not indicate the progress we had hoped to see [...] India, Indonesia, South Africa, Nigeria and Venezuela used to be amongst the countries Blackberry once counted on for growth. While we have not done checks on all of these countries, our surveys indicate that Blackberry is struggling in a few. Blackberry’s answer for emerging markets is the Q5, the inexpensive sibling of the Q10; however, we think there could be challenges here with app development and BOM cost. Given the screen ratio difference between the Q10/5 and that of the Z10, app developers will need to tweak existing BB10 apps in order for them to be included on these handsets. Additionally, it is our belief that the BB10 platform requires a dual core processor to perform well, putting the Q5 at a cost-disadvantage from the start. All of this means that current BB7 hold-outs waiting to convert may not have much to look forward to.

Modoff’s note follows a bullish report Friday by Wells Fargo‘s Maynard Um, who reiterated an Outperform rating on BlackBerry shares and a $19 to $20 “valuation range.”

After some delay, a copy of that Friday report sailed through the transom today and is worth mentioning. Um emphasizes in his report that his own checks of sales in the U.S. of the Q10 indicate results last quarter slightly beat consensus, perhaps producing $3.36 billion in revenue versus what he cites as consensus of $3.35 billion and 5 cents. (The consensus revenue number has since risen to $3.38 billion, according to FactSet.)

Um writes that the Q10 is faring better than the Z10 in the U.S. at present, affirming his view loyalists will buy the device:

Based on our anecdotal checks throughout the week in the US, while Q10 demand varied across stores, salespeople generally cited good demand (business areas saw greater demand) and sufficient inventory (suggesting it was not a soft launch) [...] We think expectations have recently risen for BB10 units (we est 3.5MM) and though we see some scope for upside potential, we are taking a conservative approach (as we do not have the precision to forecast timing and recognition of US units that could have shipped in the May quarter for sale in June). We raise August quarter ests on the back of Q10 sales and the addition of 1MM Q5 units (transfer of R&D employees could also help operating expense yet we est flat R&D). The net effect is an increase to our FY2014 EPS to $0.32 from -$0.07 [Street: $0.33]. We think there could be upside potential to our FY2014 but take a conservative approach to seasonality and A10 holiday release given current limited visibility (though early buzz is fairly positive). While we are essentially in line with the Street, we think there is little investor confidence BBRY will be able to achieve these ests [...] Good Q10 customer interest and demand; much more successful than the Z10 launch, which is consistent with our view that the die-hard BlackBerry installed base of 76MM loyal to the keyboard (limited competition) presents a strong upgrade opportunity. Z10 softness is not a tremendous surprise to us ahead of the Q10 release. With more than 200 operators qualifying the Q10, our Aug ests could prove conservative (even accounting for any Z10 inventory actions, if needed). Every 100k BB10 units equates to roughly $0.01 in EPS, all else equal.
    Great things. I got through university and two careers on those. Lol
    bungaboy, cjcampbell and rarsen like this.
    06-17-13 06:44 PM
    Yup. A Z10 sized screen. Like the 9810 but horizontal.
    EvanRitch and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-17-13 06:45 PM
    O

Great things. I got through university and two careers on those. Lol
    The Jeff Goldbloom clip...kinda sorta had a few beers...lol
    bungaboy and ItsTheBox like this.
    06-17-13 06:47 PM
113,256 ... 13011302130313041305 ...