View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Ok... back to this order visibility thing....

Does this mean that BlackBerry has written HUGE cheques to cover the next 2-3 quarters (and thus cash on hand will drop dramatically)? or does it just mean they told their suppliers to "keep it coming at this rate until we tell you otherwise"?
    There is no way that they pay very much up front. No way at all.
    bungaboy, Bugmapper and q649 like this.
    06-17-13 02:05 PM
    What makes me dent my wall with my forehead is the fact that people don't question these things.
    Just to make sure, which head were you talking about? LOL...
    cjcampbell, bungaboy, lcjr and 1 others like this.
    06-17-13 02:06 PM
    Well he does work at DB and has made his $8 prediction over the last few months. I don't know if he's stupid but he keeps on promoting the same number with varying reasons. Here's this mornings article.

StreetInsider.com - BlackBerry (BBRY) Long Term Prospects Dim Despite Possible Q1 Strength
    But it looks like it's just based on the same report he sent out a few weeks ago, with those channel checks done in stores that didn't even sell the phoe yet. The bears have a tendency to keep reusing the same old things over and over again as we all know.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-17-13 02:11 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bianca-amezcua.jpg

Somebody's getting tired
    06-17-13 02:16 PM
    I know, the Q10 and Q5 are of the same screen size isn't it? Haven't seen the official specs but read it from a post somewhere. So if the app works on Q10, then the Q5 should be able to handle it as well. Also with the advent of octo cores and popularity of quad cores, dual cores should be a lot cheaper by the dozen.
    Already confirmed Q10 apps will run on Q5 without any tweaking / recompile / resubmission to App World
    06-17-13 02:18 PM
    But it looks like it's just based on the same report he sent out a few weeks ago, with those channel checks done in stores that didn't even sell the phoe yet. The bears have a tendency to keep reusing the same old things over and over again as we all know.
    That's why the report did not bother me. What worries me is what it would do to DB if they are indeed shorted heavily on BB, if ER is a blow out, SP makes a huge run and DB is forced to cover. I'm sure they have all sorts of mechanisms to insure themselves from catastrophic losses, but this would not be the first time i'll hear major banks/investment firms lose billions of dollars from one trade.

Remember they are horribly under capitalized and have no margin for error, as per FDIC vice chair.

Not in a good position to be.

Disclaimer: I am no banking expert so I probably don't know what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by La Emperor; 06-17-13 at 03:03 PM.
    InWithTheNew, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    06-17-13 02:29 PM
    There is no way that they pay very much up front. No way at all.
    What what it means for sure is that "channel checks" of demand and supply chain slowing were inaccurate. He heard from suppliers mouth that 2-3 quarters worth of forecast already in the books.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 02:40 PM
    yup.... same target price but growing estimates and earnings.... lol. These guys kill me. What makes me dent my wall with my forehead is the fact that people don't question these things.
    My response/comment to the article: If I was this guy�s supervisor, I would be asking for proof of a high school diploma. Either the entire bank is in on the shorting or supervisors aren�t paying attention to what employees are posting. Not only does his math not add up, but he uses the same data for his argument that he used previously.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-17-13 02:48 PM
    Well, in ten minutes it will be one more trading day closer to the truth (ER). I told you it would get interesting and exciting, just wait to see what the bears post tomorrow. I tell ya, this is quite the adventure!
    06-17-13 02:51 PM
    That's why the report did not bother me. What worries me is what it would do to DB if they are indeed shorted heavily on BB, if ER is a blow out, SP makes a huge run and DB is forced to cover. I'm sure they have all sorts of mechanisms to insure themselves of catastrophic losses, but this would not be the first time i'll hear major banks/investment firms lose billions of dollars from one trade.

Remember they are horribly under capitalized and have no margin for error, as per FDIC vice chair.

Disclaimer: I am no banking expert so I probably don't know what I'm talking about.
    Very unlikely that DB has any of its own skin in the BBRY trade. If it does, it would be a very small fraction of what they do. They may go down for other reasons - which I think would NEVER be allowed to happen, but it ain't gonna be BBRY that brings them down.
    Shanerredflag and La Emperor like this.
    06-17-13 02:52 PM
    That's why the report did not bother me. What worries me is what it would do to DB if they are indeed shorted heavily on BB, if ER is a blow out, SP makes a huge run and DB is forced to cover. I'm sure they have all sorts of mechanisms to insure themselves of catastrophic losses, but this would not be the first time i'll hear major banks/investment firms lose billions of dollars from one trade.

A bank wouldn't normally do an equity position like shorting a stock at anything approaching a significant number.
    The under capitalization issue at DB is on a different order of magnitude scale anyway. We are talking about being short billions, not 10s of millions. DB's traders running DBs money shouldn't be taking any significant position like a short in any sort of large volume. Maybe they could have 100 million short. That is real money, but it wouldn't solver or hurt their capitalization issues. Also I wouldn't get too worked up about DB's capitalization since they can safely assume they would be bailed out by their government if anything bad happened. With that kind of credit standing behind them, DB is basically final as far as capital.
    06-17-13 02:54 PM
    Very unlikely that DB has any of its own skin in the BBRY trade. I fit does, it would be a very small fraction of what they do. They may go down for other reasons - which I think would NEVER be allowed to happen, but it ain't gonna be BBRY that brings them down.
    Didn't we read not long ago that one of the leading German banks bought Blackberrys for their employees? I'll try to find that but DB rings a bell.
    06-17-13 02:54 PM
    Didn't we read not long ago that one of the leading German banks bought Blackberrys for their employees? I'll try to find that but DB rings a bell.
    They switched from BlackBerry to Apple.
    lcjr likes this.
    06-17-13 03:00 PM
    If it is DB then Blackberry should wait until their cheque clears the bank before shipping those particular units!
    06-17-13 03:03 PM

They are way to large to go down on a single BBRY trade, and I think he is mostly trying to save their clients positions. It has been noted that several of the small bearish bucket shops like Pac Crest, Canaccord, Detwiler have connections to DB and to each other, all these firms are the ones that make the most ridicoulus reports, not trying to be a conspiracy freak but they have been proven to be connected with several people involved in these bearish reports working together in the past.
    La Emperor and rarsen like this.
    06-17-13 03:05 PM
    If it is DB then Blackberry should wait until their cheque clears the bank before shipping those particular units!
    Ha! I thought I remembered a German bank switching to Blackberry. My bank I used while living in Germany did. Sparkasse!

Sparkasse M�rkisch-Oderland - US
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-17-13 03:11 PM
    No, it was another bank Sparkasse. Another super huge banking chain. So, the loss of DB isn't that bad a deal if other German banks are using Blackberry.
    06-17-13 03:12 PM
    noticed BNP - Paribas also on the list there, they had a bad report on BBRY last month I believe.

Ha! I thought I remembered a German bank switching to Blackberry. My bank I used while living in Germany did. Sparkasse!

lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-17-13 03:13 PM

Uhhh... ok. So when you are going down to the bank to pay a bill do you say you are going to the Spark-asse?
    lcjr, Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-17-13 03:13 PM
    Already confirmed Q10 apps will run on Q5 without any tweaking / recompile / resubmission to App World
    +1, Nothing to recompile, nothing to send, not even something to tick in the app management panel (unless you want to exclude Q5 from your target device). By default, all Q10 apps will turn "Q5 compatible". In fact, I believe it is already updated automatically.
    06-17-13 03:16 PM
    06-17-13 03:25 PM
    Ba$****$!!!
    lcjr, Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-17-13 03:28 PM
    yeah saw that this weekend, you would think they would want to hype that up a bit? Hello investor relations????? PR dept?????

Charles Martin1 and rarsen like this.
    06-17-13 03:33 PM
    Uhhh... ok. So when you are going down to the bank to pay a bill do you say you are going to the Spark-asse?
    Dang! Haters all around me!! Just kidding, but Sparkasse was a really good bank and we never had any problems using them. Glad to see they're using Blackberry and I'll keep tabs on if and when they upgrade to a new device.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-17-13 03:35 PM
    yeah saw that this weekend, you would think they would want to hype that up a bit? Hello investor relations????? PR dept?????
    Speaking of which, didn't Blackberry get a new PR team???????
    06-17-13 03:36 PM
113,256 ... 12991300130113021303 ...