View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I am betting that nothing is really secure. If needed I bet BES can be hacked!
    I think it's safe to assume that if somebody can hack into the Pentagon, World Bank, and major corporations that it's totally possible to crack or hack into anything. There just has to be a need or justified risk in doing so.
    Superfly_FR, psy fi and rarsen like this.
    06-17-13 12:14 PM
    Basically, demo the hack or it didn't happen. Nice stance for BBRY to take on the issue.

11 days!
    They can't. Because it probably took the entire Mi6's computing power to decrypt the keys.
    That would be wasteful spending of tax $$.

In the meantime, IOS 7 earlier was hacked using your plain old reliable finger 48 hours after release.
    Someone could email, delete, access your photos, tweet, etc. without knowing your passcode. Of course this is just a beta but it goes to show you how easy it is.
    Last edited by La Emperor; 06-17-13 at 08:46 PM.
    Bugmapper and rarsen like this.
    06-17-13 12:15 PM
    I agree that nothing is unhackable, but with all the others vying for enterprise business, I'm sure they have their best people working on it. If they have accomplished it, trust me, it would be all over the news to incite skepticism and drive clients into their hands and services.
    La Emperor and Bugmapper like this.
    06-17-13 12:16 PM
    06-17-13 12:17 PM
    What we don't know is if the devices that were allegedly snooped on were managed by BES. It's the combination that does the trick.
    Yes, there are a lot of questions that are unanswered about this situation. BES managed? Email? BBM? SMS? Voice? Hacked or passwords stolen? Data or just metadata?...
    cjcampbell and Lehomer like this.
    06-17-13 12:20 PM
    Whoa, don't get all technical on us here.......

06-17-13 12:31 PM
    Yes, there are a lot of questions that are unanswered about this situation. BES managed? Email? BBM? SMS? Voice? Hacked or passwords stolen? Data or just metadata?...
    first question should be, does Snowden really have any info on the British spies? really? doubt it!
    the other thing is, if you listen to commentators they say duh, of course spies spy, so again, does this Snowden really have any info on the British that is not common knowledge?
    Bugmapper likes this.
    06-17-13 12:35 PM
    Snowden reminds me of Jose Canseco. Exaggerated claims to drive sensationalism.
    silversun10 likes this.
    06-17-13 12:42 PM
    I was just going to say that. He was saying that it will be too expensive to be an entry level device. He also tried to use the screen size as a hindrance yet the Q10 isn't mentioned in this fact. He seems to be all over the place and scrambling to get any sort of traction.

Posted via CB10
    Reminder : Q5 is nowhere a 9320. If you can afford a bad translation of mine, read here : http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...erview-813671/
    Or just this (avoid excessive aspirin usage)
    The Curve 9320 and will continue his life in 2013 and will likely be replaced by an equivalent terminal in BB10. However, the "low" market is complicated because we are on extremely low margin levels. Before that, the Q5 will make the transition, if an owner wants to spend Curve 9320 to BB10 on a cheaper product (about 300 euros and 4G) than Z10/Q10, but yes, we will not stop there.
    There will be a low-range ... later. Q5 is a "transitional range" in the $300-400 area (confirmed by him in person in a one-to-one talk).
    06-17-13 01:11 PM
    We've still got some weak hands on the stock. I suppose that there's always a few.
    06-17-13 01:17 PM
    Everything is unsecured by nature.
    Security level is determined by the amount of time and money spent for a hack to be successful (and the ability to repeat the exploit).
    Ask your home architect; he will talk in minutes "before in". That's the exact same situation: cost/risk V.S gain.
    Today, BlackBerry is secure. Because the cost is huge. It isn't on many other devices, all brands included.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-17-13 01:18 PM
    Nice to see the short dogs barely put a dent in us with their shat. Onward and upward.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-17-13 01:20 PM
    well, it's getting harder for them to continue to deny sales, so they have to come up with a different angle I suppose
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-17-13 01:20 PM
    @Superfly_FR: congratulations on being named an ambassador. Truly well deserved.
    Thank you spike12 ... didn't figure it will be such extra time consuming lol (why I'm less here)

BTW, back to thread topic ...
    +/- 1.x% fluctuation, a minimal volume, let's touch this bottom and get back over the 50-EMA (thanks Morgan !!).
    Relax and count the days ... 11 to go before the [place your bets/wishes/hopes/dreams here]
    morganplus8, bungaboy and snejpa like this.
    06-17-13 01:23 PM
    Order visibility from BlackBerry extends to 2-3 quarters, say suppliers

Predicting BlackBerry�s Q1 sales

Statistics � Ebscer News
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-17-13 01:25 PM
    This is why hard to compete and shorts are betting..11000 INR is about $200 .
    Lots of Anroid phones showing up in India for less for about 10000 INR ( $200 ) so Q5 may still be expensive for developing countries.

Swipe launches MTV Volt 1000 phablet with 6.0-inch display for Rs. 11,999 | NDTV Gadgets

q10 review:

BlackBerry Q10 review | NDTV Gadgets

Q10 promotion:
    BlackBerry India announces American Express tie up to boost Q10 sales | NDTV Gadgets
    HTC Review:

HTC One review | NDTV Gadgets
    06-17-13 01:34 PM

Predicting BlackBerry’s Q1 sales

Statistics � Ebscer News
    Ok... back to this order visibility thing....

Does this mean that BlackBerry has written HUGE cheques to cover the next 2-3 quarters (and thus cash on hand will drop dramatically)? or does it just mean they told their suppliers to "keep it coming at this rate until we tell you otherwise"?
    06-17-13 01:35 PM
    I'm with you but you got to question the motivation of this fellow from Deutsche Bank. Other analysts have now changed their views and have started to believe the turnaround of BB. Yet this guy seems to be blind or he knows something we don't.

This is the same guy that did channel checks in UK stores that hadn't started selling the phone yet, he's a liar, he has to be, he cannot possibly be that stupid and get a job at DB.
    bungaboy and snejpa like this.
    06-17-13 01:35 PM
    Nice to see the short dogs barely put a dent in us with their shat. Onward and upward.
    It looks like someone shat on BBRY. Just not moving except for down!
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    06-17-13 01:45 PM
    I think it means they can get a better deal on orders if they give some type of guidance to them for a certain time frame, don't think they have to cut a cheque, but maybe make some kind of deposit? If they are going month to month, the suppliers would most likely look for more secure clients as a backup/replacement plan, but if BBRY pre-orders for 3 months, they know they have good business for that time frame, puts them more at ease and puts BBRY in a better negotiating position.

Ok... back to this order visibility thing....

Does this mean that BlackBerry has written HUGE cheques to cover the next 2-3 quarters (and thus cash on hand will drop dramatically)? or does it just mean they told their suppliers to "keep it coming at this rate until we tell you otherwise"?
    bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    06-17-13 01:49 PM
    This is the same guy that did channel checks in UK stores that hadn't started selling the phone yet, he's a liar, he has to be, he cannot possibly be that stupid and get a job at DB.
    Well he does work at DB and has made his $8 prediction over the last few months. I don't know if he's stupid but he keeps on promoting the same number with varying reasons. Here's this mornings article.

StreetInsider.com - BlackBerry (BBRY) Long Term Prospects Dim Despite Possible Q1 Strength
    06-17-13 01:51 PM
    I figured I might as well buy some more on the dip to reduce the number of shares available to those short cork soaking muther fockers.
    06-17-13 02:01 PM
    Well he does work at DB and has made his $8 prediction over the last few months. I don't know if he's stupid but he keeps on promoting the same number with varying reasons. Here's this mornings article.

StreetInsider.com - BlackBerry (BBRY) Long Term Prospects Dim Despite Possible Q1 Strength
    yup.... same target price but growing estimates and earnings.... lol. These guys kill me. What makes me dent my wall with my forehead is the fact that people don't question these things.
    06-17-13 02:01 PM
    I think it means they can get a better deal on orders if they give some type of guidance to them for a certain time frame, don't think they have to cut a cheque, but maybe make some kind of deposit? If they are going month to month, the suppliers would most likely look for more secure clients as a backup/replacement plan, but if BBRY pre-orders for 3 months, they know they have good business for that time frame, puts them more at ease and puts BBRY in a better negotiating position.
    Exactly. Simply penalties in place with a reduction or cancellation.
    bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    06-17-13 02:03 PM
    It looks like someone shat on BBRY. Just not moving except for down!
    Just buying more on their bullsh!t. Works for me.
    06-17-13 02:05 PM
113,256 ... 12981299130013011302 ...