View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The more time that goes by, the more I'm becoming desensitized to the writings of these analysts..... both bear and bull side.
    They used to bother me a little bit in February and March, but after the Q4 earnings report, I gained a lot of faith (not the blind type) in TH.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-17-13 08:03 AM
    And the bears are preparing their stories for this Er to be positive, long term prospects are dim....corksoakers

StreetInsider.com - BlackBerry (BBRY) Long Term Prospects Dim Despite Possible Q1 Strength
    It's the same guy who a few weeks ago did "channel checks" in stores that didn't even sell the phone yet.
    jrwb6e, cjcampbell, take99 and 6 others like this.
    06-17-13 08:06 AM
    It's the same guy who a few weeks ago did "channel checks" in stores that didn't even sell the phone yet.
    Definitely a cork soaker! :-)
    06-17-13 08:20 AM
    Dont listen to the Articles saying the Z10 isnt selling and the Q10 is much stronger. Did some more online store stock checks this morning its still showing Z10 doing better. I would say Z10 would sell 6.5 for every 3.5 of the Q10 if you count out of ten. However dont forget businesses will lean towards the Q10 which probably puts them on even footing
    I believe you'll have to add large corporation direct sales, as they will not buy in stores. BUT this is addition: that's more to take !!
    bungaboy, q649 and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-17-13 08:29 AM
    Sorry this promotion blows away what BBRY and Alicia did/do. Not even close. It was all over the radio news and had to hear about it on the drive into work. Ugh....
    BB cannot fight against SAM. They're not even close to the same scale. I see an add for SAM in almost every commercial break in France. This is just out of sight. Let's understand this and applause to the brilliant social buzz Heins & Boulben have set, at very low cost. Later, some will say "they've done miracles", for now let's just believe Zeds and Qs are perceived as "non-Joes" devices. Oh, that's what they are; not for grand-pa, not for babe, not for "can't find my dammm foone in my purse" ... but for hyper-connected people who wants to deliver, on time.
    This is where BB was just a few years before Joes did - unexpectedly - embrace the platform and BBM.
    At the third of the recovery plan time-frame, this is where I expected them to be.

Patience, focus, deliver.
    06-17-13 08:40 AM
    Samsung paid $5 a piece for the 1 million copies that will be distributed to Samsung units

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 08:46 AM
    Hey guys, just checking in from Spain. Was trying to attach a picture through the CB10 app but it's not working. Anyways, the one BBRY thing I noticed here is that when you connect to a wifi, BlackBerry World automatically changes the app offering on the app carousel to match local ones, so all I'm seeing is Spanish apps useful for the region being promoted. I recall Thor saying that they wanna target local apps for that specific region.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, that happened to me again this last trip to Germany. Everything in app world was in Euros (more expensive) and the selection changed. I don't like that. I think it should be a user option. Maybe I'm visiting a country and need a specific US app while I'm there and at US prices. I don't like that app world changes automatically at all. I wonder if they'll consider changing that?
    06-17-13 08:50 AM
    Samsung paid $5 a piece for the 1 million copies that will be distributed to Samsung units

Posted via CB10
    Which is a drop in the bucket when you look at Samsung's overall marking and PR budget - it's like a big firehose.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-17-13 08:53 AM
    Good morning everyone! Looking forward to some excitement and cool discusions this week. Got some great coffee so let's get this week going!
    06-17-13 08:56 AM
    Oh man, I forgot to mention that I failed on Saturday. My daughter called and said she has to take her new Samsung back in. Seems the calls kept getting dropped and the phone just shut off at times for no reason. I tried to get her to at least look at the Z10, but she called back later with a new iPhone. Dang it! But at least it's another Samsung returned....
    06-17-13 09:00 AM
    Tonight when she recharges her iPhone, unplug it from the outlet and plug it back in right when she wakes up. She might think she's got a defective battery, and it will be a chance for you to redeem yourself.
    06-17-13 09:06 AM
    Chart for today:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-june-17-2013-chart.jpg

We are still inside the pennant formation, we have made another bottom against support, note we tend to make a bottom and test it again with a slightly higher low before breaking out for another run. This time was no different. We broke out of that long green channel and ran for the next level of resistance at the 50-dma. We are now biding our time just below the 50-dma while the 5-dma moves up. It could take us 2 - 3 days to get above the 50-dma on no news here. The 5-dma is at $ 14.12/shr which is now our support for today. Assuming we close under the 50-dma today, the 5-dma will still move up tomorrow and push us toward a breakout above the 50-dma. I used some arrows to show where the 5-dma catches up with the 50-dma and crosses above it to begin another rally. In this case we have to clear the 50-dma on the close to get the 5-dma to cross it so it is a self-fulfilling breakout, to start a rally, as the strength has to be there to make the TA work in our favour. Finally, we don't have much upside as the upper pennant line is at $ 15.50/shr for resistance. I see us moving sideways here, and then starting to put pressure on the 50-dma as time goes by. The volume is really light here making a rally less likely in the very short-term, but the direction is now favouring the upside from here. I realize it is boring right now but we are positive and trending higher from here and that sure beats losing value every day.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!
    06-17-13 09:08 AM
    Tonight when she recharges her iPhone, unplug it from the outlet and plug it back in right when she wakes up. She might think she's got a defective battery, and it will be a chance for you to redeem yourself.
    I would try that but she lives 9 hour away from me.
    06-17-13 09:31 AM
    I would try that but she lives 9 hour away from me.
    Call her new phone and keep repeating "hello...hello...can you hear me...." LOL
    06-17-13 09:38 AM
    Well that's 2 runs at the 50-dma.... third times a charm maybe?
    lcjr, bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-17-13 09:40 AM
    Well that's 2 runs at the 50-dma.... third times a charm maybe?
    It wouldn't surprise me if it just bounced along like this for a while. We're still good though, a little bit at a time is fine with me.
    06-17-13 09:50 AM
    It wouldn't surprise me if it just bounced along like this for a while. We're still good though, a little bit at a time is fine with me.
    Yup.... I expect this sort of stuff until ER time. I soooo glad that they've moved it to PM as opposed to AM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-17-13 09:56 AM
    Remember when reading these type articles that the devices being approved are not like the commercial devices purchased by consumers. These are devices having an approved operating system/platform but the government's imaging on them.

In a vote of confidence for Apple's iOS devices, the U.S. Defense Department has given the all-clear for employees to use iPads and iPhones for work. But only those running the latest operating system, iOS 6, and only if issued by the government.
    The Pentagon previously approved the Samsung Knox and BlackBerry systems as secure enough for its employees, and made the decision after allowing some to use Apple devices during a trial period.
    In announcing the decision, the Defense Information Systems Agency said it had approved the Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) for iOS 6, allowing government-issued mobile devices to be approved for connecting to DoD networks "within current mobility pilots or the future mobile device management framework. "
    The important thing to remember though is that Employees won't be able to use devices they acquired on their own, but rather acquired through the government.

U.S. Defense Department Gives iOS 6 Security OK | CIO Today
    06-17-13 10:00 AM
    Remember when reading these type articles that the devices being approved are not like the commercial devices purchased by consumers. These are devices having an approved operating system/platform but the government's imaging on them.

In a vote of confidence for Apple's iOS devices, the U.S. Defense Department has given the all-clear for employees to use iPads and iPhones for work. But only those running the latest operating system, iOS 6, and only if issued by the government.
    The Pentagon previously approved the Samsung Knox and BlackBerry systems as secure enough for its employees, and made the decision after allowing some to use Apple devices during a trial period.
    In announcing the decision, the Defense Information Systems Agency said it had approved the Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) for iOS 6, allowing government-issued mobile devices to be approved for connecting to DoD networks "within current mobility pilots or the future mobile device management framework. "
    The important thing to remember though is that Employees won't be able to use devices they acquired on their own, but rather acquired through the government.

U.S. Defense Department Gives iOS 6 Security OK | CIO Today
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this news weeks old already?
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-17-13 10:01 AM
    Linked article was posted on May 17th (so a month ago).
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-17-13 10:07 AM
    @Superfly_FR: congratulations on being named an ambassador. Truly well deserved.
    bungaboy, psy fi, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    06-17-13 10:09 AM
    Well, this article came out this morning and coincides with the conversations earlier today regarding the bears using whatever they can now to drag up bad news. I just wanted to point out that there will be more of these articles pointed out in the near future but the reader has to understand what's actually going to happen. Meaning, employees and users of these devices will be cheering and clapping until they find out they can't use thier own device but instead have to use one that can't do anything they were hoping for. They won't be able to surf the web and download or use wifi. The only positive thing for those manufactures is the purchase of the devices. The government employee that was screeming to be allowed to use an iPhone and iPad at work are really going to be pissed and disappointed. Just wanted to point these things out before all these articles start hitting the BBRY pages.
    06-17-13 10:11 AM
    Well, this article came out this morning and coincides with the conversations earlier today regarding the bears using whatever they can now to drag up bad news. I just wanted to point out that there will be more of these articles pointed out in the near future but the reader has to understand what's actually going to happen. Meaning, employees and users of these devices will be cheering and clapping until they find out they can't use thier own device but instead have to use one that can't do anything they were hoping for. They won't be able to surf the web and download or use wifi. The only positive thing for those manufactures is the purchase of the devices. The government employee that was screeming to be allowed to use an iPhone and iPad at work are really going to be pissed and disappointed. Just wanted to point these things out before all these articles start hitting the BBRY pages.
    When that happens, someone should interview the users to document their complaints about how "the iPhones are useless, it can't do anything that was advertised, and can't event browse the web!" as they did about BlackBerrys.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-17-13 10:16 AM
    What's odd is the date on the article, as stated by Robinson, is for May 17th. Did CIO re-release it today? If so, you'd think they'd be bright enough to adjust the date on it..... haha.
    lcjr likes this.
    06-17-13 10:18 AM
    I won't disagree with much aside from the shorts being in the money. You say they shorted at $50.... I know they are greedy but to hold that short position beyond $6 is just dumb, and to then continue to hold it as the SP rises, is even more dumb. That's a HUGE profit if they were to have been holding that short position from that price, and even then, the SP hasn't been higher than it is now since last April so even more reason for me to believe that anyone holding their position since then would have covered and maybe re-entered more recently. Also, the short interest has more than doubled since June of last year so the majority of the shorts are deep in the red. I read somewhere, and have can't verify the validity, that the current short average is in the $12 range. They will need to minimize their losses or pray the price falls, and falls hard.
    Good point. But wouldn't some folks hold their position even at $6 because they don't want to recognize the gain on their taxes? Wouldn't that have been a good reason to hold through the end of last year?
    06-17-13 10:21 AM
113,256 ... 12961297129812991300 ...