View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    And what does that mean?
    It means they have cash and are very confident with their business model moving forward. Either that or TH has gone off the deepend and they will go bankrupt. I think the first scenario is more realistic.
    06-17-13 01:27 AM
    Or not

Order visibility from BlackBerry extends to 2-3 quarters, say suppliers
    Daniel Shen, Taipei; Steve Shen, DIGITIMES [Monday 17 June 2013]
    Order visibility from BlackBerry has been extended to 2-3 quarters compared to a mere one quarter previously as the Canada-based smartphone vendor plans to release 3-4 new models in the second half of 2013, according to sources in BlackBerry's supply chain in Taiwan.

BlackBerry's first entry-level BlackBerry 10 model, the BlackBerry Q5, is expected to be launched in July, targeting the entry-level segment in Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and Latin America, indicated the sources.

Shipments of BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry Q10 have been maintaining at one million units a month recently, helping BlackBerry to maintain its market share, reveled the sources.

The launch of BlackBerry Q5, which will come with a 3.1-inch touchscreen, dual-core processor and a QWERTY keyboard, will further ramp up shipment momentum for BlackBerry, said the sources.

BlackBerry's major ODM and component suppliers in Taiwan, including Wistron, Silitech Technology and Ichia Technologies, will all benefit from rising shipment volumes at BlackBerry, the sources indicated.

Wistron reportedly has landed orders for two entry-level models from BlackBerry, said the sources, adding that the ODM is expected to snap up 60% of smartphone orders to be released by BlackBerry in 2013.

Categories: Mobile + telecom Mobile components Mobile content, software Mobile devices
    That's really interesting. Obviously BBRY is pretty confident in their products if they are planning 2-3 qs ahead now. They wouldn't be doing so if the phones weren't selling well. I wonder if the 1 million shipments a month is for both models in total or each?
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-17-13 02:21 AM
    I was thinking.. even if we do post BIG profit and beat Street estimates (like we did last time, Street was estimating loss, and we posted profit) - is Stock price really going to move up? It moved down last time despite resounding beat of Street estimates!
    Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    Let's pretend it's a "no" for now. Just hold in the $16 - $17 area after serious waggles for a week after the E.R.
    Will bring some volume back that could strenghten the perception of solid "forced march back to profit, positive EPS and market shares raise".
    Then Q5 ... then A10 ... and only then, lets get some excitement.
    JMHO
    bungaboy and anon(4086547) like this.
    06-17-13 02:41 AM
    06-17-13 05:10 AM
    Good Morning everyone, ready for an exciting day!

I am still in, which makes me almost "long" and

WE ARE GREEN!
    06-17-13 05:21 AM

I pay zero attention to this crud.
    AngryEdmontonian and bungaboy like this.
    06-17-13 05:50 AM
    It just shows that nothing is really "secure"!
    06-17-13 05:54 AM
    Dont listen to the Articles saying the Z10 isnt selling and the Q10 is much stronger. Did some more online store stock checks this morning its still showing Z10 doing better. I would say Z10 would sell 6.5 for every 3.5 of the Q10 if you count out of ten. However dont forget businesses will lean towards the Q10 which probably puts them on even footing
    06-17-13 05:58 AM
    BlackBerry: Z10 Likely To Fail, Q10 And Q5 Give Hope - Seeking Alpha

Funny...this guy has been calling for a squeeze for the past 6 MONTHS AND HE,S ALL DOOM AND GLOOM...OD
    06-17-13 06:05 AM
    I'm hoping BBRY comes out with a statement regarding this G20 event, there's nothing worse than the media spinning bull****.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-17-13 06:10 AM
    So many shorts, so much bear sh!t
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    06-17-13 06:25 AM
    Up over $40 by December but who knows where we may spike to.
    bungaboy and fedakd like this.
    06-17-13 06:41 AM
    BlackBerry has overtaken Android in Canada already? I think this is just a one day anomaly, but if true holy sh....

"In Canada, the success has been striking. According to StatCounter's data, BlackBerry has displaced Android as the second most popular mobile OS in the country with a remarkable recovery to an approximately 30% market share."
    BlackBerry Gaining Share In Key Markets As Market Awaits Q1 Results - Seeking Alpha
    Lehomer, bungaboy and La Emperor like this.
    06-17-13 06:47 AM
    BlackBerry has overtaken Android in Canada already? I think this is just a one day anomaly, but if true holy sh....

"In Canada, the success has been striking. According to StatCounter's data, BlackBerry has displaced Android as the second most popular mobile OS in the country with a remarkable recovery to an approximately 30% market share."
    BlackBerry Gaining Share In Key Markets As Market Awaits Q1 Results - Seeking Alpha
    I do not see how this could be possible.
    06-17-13 07:00 AM
    If it's legit, all I can say is wowzers!
    06-17-13 07:12 AM
    Quite simple, there are/were more BlackBerrys than there are/were Androids being used during the polling period in Canada.
    bungaboy, Shanerredflag and lcjr like this.
    06-17-13 07:22 AM
    If it's legit, all I can say is wowzers!
    Go go gadget champagne.
    Bugmapper and Superfly_FR like this.
    06-17-13 07:24 AM
    Hey guys, just checking in from Spain. Was trying to attach a picture through the CB10 app but it's not working. Anyways, the one BBRY thing I noticed here is that when you connect to a wifi, BlackBerry World automatically changes the app offering on the app carousel to match local ones, so all I'm seeing is Spanish apps useful for the region being promoted. I recall Thor saying that they wanna target local apps for that specific region.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 07:26 AM
    06-17-13 07:31 AM
    On my way to write and exam and the two people on the bus next to me are using a q10 and z10 gotta love living in the big smoke
    06-17-13 07:40 AM
    Now I'm surrounded by iPhone'soh how the tides have changed, at least it looks like nobodies really investing in an iPhone 5
    06-17-13 07:43 AM
    And the bears are preparing their stories for this Er to be positive, long term prospects are dim....corksoakers

StreetInsider.com - BlackBerry (BBRY) Long Term Prospects Dim Despite Possible Q1 Strength
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-17-13 07:55 AM
    And the bears are preparing their stories for this Er to be positive, long term prospects are dim....corksoakers

StreetInsider.com - BlackBerry (BBRY) Long Term Prospects Dim Despite Possible Q1 Strength
    haha... ya I just read that one. Price target of $8 but it will be a good quarter to beat estimates. The more time that goes by, the more I'm becoming desensitized to the writings of these analysts..... both bear and bull side.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    06-17-13 07:59 AM

Somehow the bear used a UK director resigning as spin that the UK market is in trouble.
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-17-13 08:01 AM
    Meh I watched the commercial and they just put on Samsung on the end. No biggie. If they sold 50 million. Phones so far then 49 million arent getting it. Gimmicks to try to help sales.

LOL I feel sorry for a battery of the galaxy 4 it wont be good at all after a year it will die in 10 minutes
    Sorry this promotion blows away what BBRY and Alicia did/do. Not even close. It was all over the radio news and had to hear about it on the drive into work. Ugh....
    06-17-13 08:02 AM
113,256 ... 12951296129712981299 ...