427 37.82%
    BlackBerry: Major New Investors?
    Jun 14 2013, 14:37

BlackBerry: Major New Investors? - Seeking Alpha
    06-15-13 08:35 AM
    BlackBerry: Major New Investors?
    Jun 14 2013, 14:37

BlackBerry: Major New Investors? - Seeking Alpha
    Great article! So now we have off shore banking and off shore investing. Hahaha. The SEC rules for foreign investors was news to me so I appreciate that. Now I have more questions regarding the effects of a squeeze if the majority of shorted shares come from the institutional investors themselves? How would that play out during a squeeze or would this in fact control the squeeze by the investors? Hope everybody gets a chance to relax some this weekend, you all deserve it.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-15-13 09:40 AM
    I think that this squeeze is going to be manufactured intentionally and I look forward to it. Just have your fingers on the sell button so you can benefit from it. A squeeze is great if the stock can maintain its share price but this will likely spike VERY high and then settle at a lower level.
    fedakd, lcjr, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    06-15-13 10:30 AM
    I think that this squeeze is going to be manufactured intentionally and I look forward to it. Just have your fingers on the sell button so you can benefit from it. A squeeze is great if the stock can maintain its share price but this will likely spike VERY high and then settle at a lower level.
    Maybe.

The only reason Volkswagen dropped back down was because Porsche unloaded a ton of shares at a high rate to the shorts. They basically held all the cards.

Looks at Tesla's squeeze. Do you see signs of it dropping off?
    peter9477 likes this.
    06-15-13 10:38 AM
    Maybe.The only reason Volkswagen dropped back down was because Porsche unloaded a ton of shares at a high rate to the shorts. They basically held all the cards.Looks at Tesla's squeeze. Do you see signs of it dropping off?
    I'm thinking we might shoot, very briefly, to something like $50-60 and sink back to $25-30.
    fedakd likes this.
    06-15-13 10:45 AM
    I'm thinking we might shoot, very briefly, to something like $50-60 and sink back to $25-30.
    Possible.

Depends on the 28th and how the big longs decide to let it play out.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-15-13 10:50 AM
    Maybe.

The only reason Volkswagen dropped back down was because Porsche unloaded a ton of shares at a high rate to the shorts. They basically held all the cards.

Looks at Tesla's squeeze. Do you see signs of it dropping off?
    Although it would be fun, a huge spike would require coordination between the majority of owners. I really can't see that level of cooperation between that many different investors. Always willing to admit when I'm wrong, so if it does happen I'll gladly listen to Charles' "I told you so ". I'm quite certain any squeeze will happen in two stages: this ER and the next one, or, the two after that.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-15-13 10:51 AM
    If this is true then I think the maneuvering in the background must have been going on for quite some time.

It amazes me that none of the shorts have realised how much risk their positions hold now.

28th should be interesting whatever the outcome maybe.

All I'm saying is if I was running billions in a fund and/or was a billionaire, this would strike me as a great way to make some quick money.

Open position now so that you can remain hidden, wait for ER, release all the good news at once and then all.of sudden reveal your positions.

Think it might go down like that.

Might set a sell order for 100 just incase

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 11:30 AM
    What stands out for me in that article is that although it's not trivially short, it makes no mention of QNX in the entire article.

Apple made a 90s reference to car stuff, sort of in passing, at their biggest conference, with as far as I understand it no sign of concrete products in the area. Meanwhile QNX is practically dominant in this vertical. These days, discussing mobile operating systems in cars without even a passing reference to QNX tells me the author probably doesn't have a good handle on things.
    Because they are not in the position of strength in the car industry. We already know QNX controls 60% ??? of the market out there. Standards are already being drawn and only one company can deliver updates OTA, securely in a worldwide scale on a robust platform.

BlackBerry announces secure wireless software system updates for auto industry | MLive.com

3 important things the car industry will most likely consider or have considered in developing a standard..

1. Security ( Blackberry is gold standard )
    2. Worldwide Scale for updates = NOC ( Blackberry in 650 carriers around the world )
    3. Mission critical systems = QNX ( Blackberry owned ) that's why they are in spacecrafts.

The BYOD movement in the smartphone world may not be as critical for some companies as they sacrifice security in exchange for cost savings, but when you are driving a vehicle full of children the embedded systems better be damn secure and does not blue screen cause they will be integral to our driving habits. Every new vehicle you find out there in the near future will be mission critical.

Anyway , I wish everyone a good weekend and also for the dad's out there like me here's a virtual beer for you.
    06-15-13 11:53 AM
    Dutch Police Will Use BlackBerry Phones To Identify Suspects

The Dutch police force, starting next year, will be equipped with nearly 30,000 BlackBerry devices to aid them in keeping the public safe and identifying suspects. Inside police stations, kiosks will provide the most modern BlackBerry technologies that help police deliver quicker identification of wanted suspects and repeat offenders.

BlackBerry has been an integral partner with the Dutch Government for many years, providing the Netherlands with the best technological services and solutions. This partnership between the Dutch Police force and BlackBerry makes the safety and security of the Netherlands a distinct reality.

BlackBerryOS.com - Dutch Police Will Use BlackBerry Phones To Identify Suspects
    06-15-13 01:10 PM
    The other dangers of selling to soon is a spike, pause, higher spike. I learned that with Tesla. It went to $60 and I sold, then it shot up higher to $90 then $100. So, my fear is ill mess up again. Haha. I'll be looking for advice if and when this happens.
    06-15-13 01:21 PM
    The other dangers of selling to soon is a spike, pause, higher spike. I learned that with Tesla. It went to $60 and I sold, then it shot up higher to $90 then $100. So, my fear is ill mess up again. Haha. I'll be looking for advice if and when this happens.
    You made a very healthy profit so I wouldn't say you messed up.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 01:41 PM
    Smart investor with big pockets can easily manufacture a squeeze right now.
    1. Buy roughly 50M shares and make it public knowledge
    And/or
    2. Coordinate with other big shareholder and ask this big shareholder to 'recall' shorted shares. That is, if this shareholder has lent out its shares to shorts, then ask this shareholder to recall them.

Even if 1 of the above happens, it should result in squeeze. If both happen - oh boy, it'd be a massive squeeze! $100 in no time.

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    06-15-13 03:01 PM
    My comments, in bold. Yup, if this was orchestrated properly, the shorts would be finished.

Smart investor with big pockets can easily manufacture a squeeze right now.
    1. Buy roughly 50M shares and make it public knowledge
    And/or - Possibly ATL 12. Check!
    2. Coordinate with other big shareholder and ask this big shareholder to 'recall' shorted shares. That is, if this shareholder has lent out its shares to shorts, then ask this shareholder to recall them. PrimeCap has lent out the majority of their shares. Probably many others. Check!

Even if 1 of the above happens, it should result in squeeze. If both happen - oh boy, it'd be a massive squeeze! $100 in no time.

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    bungaboy, take99, lcjr and 1 others like this.
    06-15-13 03:40 PM
    Alright gent's!! I"m back in business!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-wooooo-im-back.jpg
    fedakd, dusdal, take99 and 14 others like this.
    06-15-13 03:50 PM
    ER may cause a squeeze but it's all speculation at this point. If you apply a 10x multiple to the earnings release you may get a better idea of what it's true worth should be but right now we are below liquidation value. This is a Graham play with a Philip Fisher wild card. At the Fairfax ASM, Prem and Chou thought the company was worth 40 a share. That is the first time if ever heard Prem mention a definite value.