View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    numbers are off, a diff of 5k shares makes a market value diff of 123 million?

This has to be a hack no?

Screenshot from MSN earlier today

Attachment 172198
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-14-13 04:50 PM
    It would depend when the shares are purchased, so my guess is no, although I think it's totally bizarre.

numbers are off, a diff of 5k shares makes a market value diff of 123 million?

This has to be a hack no?
    06-14-13 04:58 PM
    watch the video posted - $30 target - and on CNBC none the less - really

Yahoo! Finance - Business Finance, Stock Market, Quotes, News
    I was able to understand everything said on the video - inverted head and shoulder etc - all because of what I learned on this thread. Thanks guys and gals. Happy Father's day! Beer time for me, cheers!!!
    cjcampbell, take99, lcjr and 4 others like this.
    06-14-13 04:59 PM
    I would disagree, market value would be what they are worth at a given moment (ie today) not what they were purchased for

It would depend when the shares are purchased, so my guess is no, although I think it's totally bizarre.
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    06-14-13 05:10 PM
    I was able to understand everything said on the video - inverted head and shoulder etc - all because of what I learned on this thread. Thanks guys and gals. Happy Father's day! Beer time for me, cheers!!!
    I'm right behind you friend. Beer-thirty!! Woooohoooo!!
    06-14-13 05:17 PM
    Well, ladies and gents, I'll be off to Spain on vacation for two weeks tonight. Just unlocked my Z10 and will be getting a prepaid data plan from one of the local carriers to keep up with what's going on here. Coming back on June 29, hopefully on a happy note after the ER! If I run into the ALT12 guys there, I'll ask what's going on lol.

See everyone later!

Posted via CB10
    Enjoy!
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-14-13 05:30 PM
    Felt alone rocking my Z10......

So I went out to grab a Pita for Lunch...I got a Candian Club with Tomatoes, Lettuce, Greenpeppers and honey mustard...its very good....but I digress.

Not sure how many of you do this now, but I find myself looking to see what other folks are using for a device.

Well today as I stood waiting in line to order and get my Pita I felt so alone with my Z10...not a single one to be seen. The guy in front of me had a Q10, the guy behind me had a Q10, as did the very attractive mature women behind him. The lady in front of the guy in front of me had a 9810, the girl behind the attractive mature women was rocking a 9900. Then out of the corner of my eye a cute Asian broad come walking in through the door plugging away on her device, could it be? .......no, it wasn't a Z10 ...it was another fricking Q10!! I felt so alone......but I suppose not as alone as the one funny looking old dude in line sporting an iPhone....I really felt bad for him

I thought Blackberry was dead? ....LOL
    Are you in Waterloo or something? Because everywhere else its the opposite and I travel a lot.

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper likes this.
    06-14-13 05:38 PM
    Are you in Waterloo or something? Because everywhere else its the opposite and I travel a lot.

Posted via CB10
    Like were, SoCal or Cupertino?
    06-14-13 05:52 PM
    Oldie but a goodie

Onswipe
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    06-14-13 06:15 PM
    You had better divide the market value by the number of shares purchased for each of those companies listed, you might be surprised at the average share price ;-)

I would disagree, market value would be what they are worth at a given moment (ie today) not what they were purchased for
    06-14-13 07:27 PM
    Im in Toronto and am totally shocked at how many Blackberries I see. I never paid attention but now I do. Today on the train I saw. Z10, 2 regular ones, Torch and a playbook! I had my playbook as well and this was within 10 feet. Also 3 iphones and 2 Androids. Everyday im seeing the old blackberries. The crazy thing I realize they have like 80million subs but never thought id see so many here if I paid attention. I thought no one would have them hardly in North America. Man people in Toronto know good Tech hahahah
    bungaboy, xBURK, Korepab and 3 others like this.
    06-14-13 08:02 PM
    don't turn it off, it's at the end where she discusses it going to $60 and beyond if I remember correctly...also the host said he wanted a new q10
    Host said he was "getting" a new Q10.
    06-14-13 08:09 PM
    Im in Toronto and am totally shocked at how many Blackberries I see. I never paid attention but now I do. Today on the train I saw. Z10, 2 regular ones, Torch and a playbook! I had my playbook as well and this was within 10 feet. Also 3 iphones and 2 Androids. Everyday im seeing the old blackberries. The crazy thing I realize they have like 80million subs but never thought id see so many here if I paid attention. I thought no one would have them hardly in North America. Man people in Toronto know good Tech hahahah
    I live in Toronto and also can't believe how many BlackBerry pop up when you take the time to notice. I only care lately because I really want BlackBerry 10 to succeed. I wish every city had the same kind of marketing Toronto has. You can't make it through a day without seeing some sort of advertising. The biggest is while watching a Jays game on TV. Even though I love it, I think their money would be better spent in major US city's. I don't know though?

Posted via CB10
    plane6065 and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-14-13 08:18 PM
    You had better divide the market value by the number of shares purchased for each of those companies listed, you might be surprised at the average share price ;-)
    Ahh I see now it is the market value as of the day it was reported (last column) nothing to do with an average
    bungaboy, fedakd and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-14-13 08:30 PM
    A co-worker went from Connecticut to Nevada and said he was looking at what people had in their hands at air ports. He did not see a single blackberry (BB10 or legacy) during his entire trip.

Truth be told, I have not seen a BB10 phone yet other than mine. I do see the occasional legacy blackberry though. I can say though, I've seen one Windows phone in the wild. A co-worker got it. And it sucked so bad that he returned it.
    06-14-13 08:44 PM
    A co-worker went from Connecticut to Nevada and said he was looking at what people had in their hands at air ports. He did not see a single blackberry (BB10 or legacy) during his entire trip.

Truth be told, I have not seen a BB10 phone yet other than mine. I do see the occasional legacy blackberry though. I can say though, I've seen one Windows phone in the wild. A co-worker got it. And it sucked so bad that he returned it.
    I've met and seen several people here in El Paso with BlackBerry. Strange but true. But this is the land of simple people here and the most popular phone is the iPhone. Even my friend and work partner says he sticks with Apple because everything works together. His example is calendar synch. All you can do is shake your head and let it go. Trying to explain is futile.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-14-13 09:30 PM
    Quick snapshot.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000096.jpg  
    take99, Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-14-13 10:08 PM
    Bored so I'm researching things I'm interested in and found some rather confusing data. It would appear other platforms are hitting the auto makers up.

Will Apple Inc.'s 'iOS in the Car' Upend the Entire Auto Industry?
    Shanerredflag and BBInPlay like this.
    06-14-13 10:20 PM
    Well their US intalled base is only around 5 % so that would be 1in 20 phones. A lot of those would be corporate with many of those people using 2 phones, so I'm not too alarmed with this kind of anecdotal evidence.

06-14-13 10:36 PM
    Blackberry finished down .03 on the TSX... I wonder had the CIBC online trading program worked yesterday if we would have finished in the green?

My account on CIBC just showed $0 for everything. I think someone else here had that problem as well. Also from what I understand that if you wanted to buy stock you would have to call in.

So pretty much one of the Big 3 banks in Canada had a problem with its online trading yesterday which might be the reason for the .03 in the red
    06-15-13 04:42 AM
    Bored so I'm researching things I'm interested in and found some rather confusing data. It would appear other platforms are hitting the auto makers up.

From what I understand the ios sits on top of QNX, so QNX is still the underlying os.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    06-15-13 05:10 AM
    From what I understand the ios sits on top of QNX, so QNX is still the underlying os.
    If by sitting on top, you mean in the sense where my TV sits on top of the TV stand, then maybe.

But if you mean it in the sense that iOS is running on the QNX kernel, this would mean that BlackBerry has created an iOS emulator. No way. The legal constraints may prove to be more difficult than the technical constraints which are formidable.
    lcjr likes this.
    06-15-13 07:12 AM
    Sorry for your loss Mitch...welcome back!
    Thanks
    06-15-13 07:26 AM

What stands out for me in that article is that although it's not trivially short, it makes no mention of QNX in the entire article.

Apple made a 90s reference to car stuff, sort of in passing, at their biggest conference, with as far as I understand it no sign of concrete products in the area. Meanwhile QNX is practically dominant in this vertical. These days, discussing mobile operating systems in cars without even a passing reference to QNX tells me the author probably doesn't have a good handle on things.
    bungaboy, kfh227, take99 and 3 others like this.
    06-15-13 07:38 AM

Microsoft is a bigger risk than iOS. Microsoft already has a good foothold.

BBRY already has a good relationship with automakers so that also helps.
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    06-15-13 08:32 AM
113,256 ... 12901291129212931294 ...