View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    you buy a stock based on whether the CEO is a good enough public speaker rather than the stock's performance?
    Without a doubt I would not be here.

I invest to make money, no more no less.
    06-14-13 02:20 PM
    Without a doubt I would not be here.

I invest to make money, no more no less.
    Amen. That's why we are all here. Different goals and methods maybe, but the same endstate. Make money.
    cjcampbell and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-14-13 02:24 PM
    Amen. That's why we are all here. Different goals and methods maybe, but the same endstate. Make money.
    I come here because of all the cool links people post, it saves me all the trouble of googling this stuff up myself ....LMAO

.....that and its the most civilized thread I have ever been a part of

.........oh, and to make money
    06-14-13 02:26 PM
    I come here for the drama. Makes my day interesting.

oh, and the BBRY news
    06-14-13 02:28 PM
    I come here for the drama. Makes my day interesting.

oh, and the BBRY news
    There have been days when the "drama" was intense!
    06-14-13 02:31 PM
    He is getting better for sure, but even the recent BB Live event was full of awkward moments, hand clapping and other tough to watch segments. Some of it was content, but a lot of it was poor delivery of odd content. I am sure it is tough trying to do it in English as well, but I agree, sometimes I cringe when I watch/hear what he has to say. He is on an upward trajectory, but has a long way to go as far as I am concerned.
    I see. You (and probably Greg) are talking about showmanship. I agree about the awkwardness, but I am ok with that, doesn't bother me much. I usually focus on the info and his delivery of those were fine.
    06-14-13 02:36 PM
    good to see us with the same objective. I have to say M8's daily analysis is one of the main reason i keep coming back to more.
    06-14-13 02:37 PM
    Sometimes we NEED drama. Here, lets liven this Friday up some. Turn on speakers.

06-14-13 02:39 PM
    From the SA that la emporer linked, anyone know how to look at this info?

While searching through SEC documents to prepare this article, I found confirmation that the source for many of the shorted shares are institutional investors. One in particular caught my attention - PrimeCap - who, as of March 31st, appears to have loaned out as many as 20.2 million shares.

Imagine the implication on the market should these large investors recall shares in mass. This would be the case if a shareholder vote was called on a prospective take over offer. Institutional investors who see Blackberry as a possible takeover prospect may see this leverage on stock price to be a useful tool. Consider the effect that a rapid increase in share value would have on the offer that a prospective buyer would be willing to make?
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-14-13 02:46 PM
    strange day ....looks like we will close pretty much where we did yesterday. Crazy up and down day, only to end up where we started.

oh well. ....... bring on the weekend I say
    cjcampbell, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-14-13 02:49 PM
    Is she getting the White Q10 and the Black?
    Pardon my response time as I'm checking in between meetings. She doesn't have a choice of color because T-Mobile only offers the black one. I have a couple friends on the ATT network that are going with white. I like the them in both colors but would probably opt for the white for the sake of variety, since I have a black Z
    lcjr, Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-14-13 02:53 PM
    strange day ....looks like we will close pretty much where we did yesterday. Crazy up and down day, only to end up where we started.

oh well. ....... bring on the weekend I say
    Yep, we were worried about hitting 12 again the other day and now we're at $14.42ish. I'll take that and feel good in the pool afterwork as I relax and enjoy a Bud Light with Slacker Radio playing 70s rock on the Playbook.
    06-14-13 02:56 PM
    Another large end of day trade....

Last Five Real-Time Trades

NLS
    Time (ET)

NLS
    Price

NLS
    Share Volume

16:00:03 $14.44 221,316
    16:00:02 $14.44 861
    16:00:02 $14.44 797
    16:00:02 $14.44 45,700
    16:00:02 $14.44 15,100
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    06-14-13 03:02 PM
    From the SA comments section

One 'interesting' fact about the Atl Capital is that they made a fortune for their investors in the Volkswagen short squeeze by taking a long position when most other investors were shorting the stock. Thus investing in BBRY in it's current position wouldn't be a particularly unusual investment choice.
    06-14-13 03:02 PM
    Also a few mentioned on twitter seeing atl again today listed on the MSN site as holding the 8.4 percent
    06-14-13 03:03 PM
    I can confirm I saw it as well, but was gone after a refresh. Strange?? It was under the Funds drop down menu.

Should have screen captured it.
    Someone did capture it if you check the comments section.

Also a few mentioned on twitter seeing atl again today listed on the MSN site as holding the 8.4 percent
    Last edited by La Emperor; 06-15-13 at 08:57 AM.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-14-13 03:11 PM
    Well. Let's hope to regain the 2% in the pre-market Monday! Then push over $15.08 from there!
    06-14-13 03:19 PM
    Great day. Held our gain and ready for next week.

Kind of disappointed that we never got a profit warning. Oh well...
    06-14-13 03:22 PM
    Yep, we were worried about hitting 12 again the other day and now we're at $14.42ish. I'll take that and feel good in the pool afterwork as I relax and enjoy a Bud Light with Slacker Radio playing 70s rock on the Playbook.
    enjoy the brew, I have to hold off on mine for a couple hours....my daughters highschool graduation tonight. **** I'm getting old..... ~sigh~
    06-14-13 03:23 PM
    How's everyone doing, been too busy training for my new role and training my replacements to be in here. Got a couple days off due to a death in the family.

Any word on how Morgan is doing?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry for your loss Mitch...welcome back!
    bungaboy and MoolahMitch like this.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that the institutional share holders have to report until 45 days after the end of the quarter. That would make it Aug 14?
    enjoy the brew, I have to hold off on mine for a couple hours....my daughters highschool graduation tonight. **** I'm getting old..... ~sigh~
    Look at it on the bright side.... it's getting closer to the time when she moves out. lol

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, ibpluto and bungaboy like this.
    06-14-13 03:36 PM
    He's a physicist what did you expect. I agree he is getting better which is good. I would rather have him good at making good decisions and driving company performance on meeting and exceeding goals than be an accomplished speaker. Substance over form for me but most people seem to put form before substance.
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and psy fi like this.
    06-14-13 03:37 PM
    Ha! My girls graduated 5 and 7 years ago. But I still look damn good! hahaha. Two hours until beer-thirty!!
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-14-13 03:38 PM
    What started out to be a gloomy, red week ended up pretty sweet and green :-) Next week shall be interesting to say the least.
    06-14-13 03:40 PM
113,256 ... 12881289129012911292 ...