1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    ^^Interesting letter. thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 11:04 AM
    Time to add a little groove to this beast..... (the relevance will show at 1:03 )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Naf5uJYGoiU
    06-14-13 11:07 AM
    Time to add a little groove to this beast..... (the relevance will show at 1:03 )

Beastie Boys - Hey Ladies - YouTube
    Just do not forget about you cow bell duties.

We depend on you!

The DOW is really not doing well. As BBRY joins the "normal" stock class, the DOW downturn could be taking some toll on us today!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-14-13 11:23 AM
    Keep on manipulating it shorts. I sold today at $14.85 thinking they will manipulate a closed gap and I just got my buy at $14.45. thanks you shorts just added 200 more free shares which you can not have anymore. Cheers
    06-14-13 11:25 AM

We depend on you!
    I'm workin' on it.... things are a little screwy around here right now......
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-14-13 11:28 AM
    Gap almost filled, now lets go back up already we all now that is where the stock is headed. Shorts pay attention!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-14-13 11:29 AM
    I hate days like today.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 11:33 AM
    How's everyone doing, been too busy training for my new role and training my replacements to be in here. Got a couple days off due to a death in the family.

Any word on how Morgan is doing?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Stand Sure!
    Shanerredflag and MoolahMitch like this.
    06-14-13 11:36 AM
    so you took advantage of the 'free' market?

Keep on manipulating it shorts. I sold today at $14.85 thinking they will manipulate a closed gap and I just got my buy at $14.45. thanks you shorts just added 200 more free shares which you can not have anymore. Cheers
    06-14-13 11:37 AM
    I hate days like today.

Posted via CB10
    Fridays?
    06-14-13 11:37 AM

We depend on you!

The DOW is really not doing well. As BBRY joins the "normal" stock class, the DOW downturn could be taking some toll on us today!
    That had cowbell in it! hahahaha. OMG i haven't heard anything from Beastie Boys in like forever! hahahahaha.
    cjcampbell and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-14-13 11:47 AM
    Fridays?
    Yep, historically Fridays are non-event days regarding this stock. Rarely does anything happen positive. Doesn't mean it can't or won't but historically Friday's are boring.
    06-14-13 11:50 AM
    so you took advantage of the 'free' market?
    And he nailed that perfectly.
    dusdal, take99, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    06-14-13 11:52 AM
    Felt alone rocking my Z10......

So I went out to grab a Pita for Lunch...I got a Candian Club with Tomatoes, Lettuce, Greenpeppers and honey mustard...its very good....but I digress.

Not sure how many of you do this now, but I find myself looking to see what other folks are using for a device.

Well today as I stood waiting in line to order and get my Pita I felt so alone with my Z10...not a single one to be seen. The guy in front of me had a Q10, the guy behind me had a Q10, as did the very attractive mature women behind him. The lady in front of the guy in front of me had a 9810, the girl behind the attractive mature women was rocking a 9900. Then out of the corner of my eye a cute Asian broad come walking in through the door plugging away on her device, could it be? .......no, it wasn't a Z10 ...it was another fricking Q10!! I felt so alone......but I suppose not as alone as the one funny looking old dude in line sporting an iPhone....I really felt bad for him

I thought Blackberry was dead? ....LOL
    06-14-13 11:53 AM
    Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if anyone posted this information yet ... and it may not be directly related to BlackBerry but a hint of it makes me think the "shorts" are insider analysts looking at accounts and trends that maybe affecting BlackBerry's stock.

Bloomberg

Bloomberg News is in its biggest crisis ever- MSN Money

When news broke that Bloomberg News reporters were using proprietary data to snoop on clients, I thought, "that's no way to treat a customer."

When I worked at the news service, a division of Bloomberg LP, from 1997 to 2005, top managers repeatedly stressed that the people who read our articles on terminals weren't just "readers," they were "customers."

Reporters would sometimes visit "customers" to find out what they liked and didn't like about Bloomberg. It was awkward for journalists whose first mission is to report news, but there were clear financial motivations: More terminals sold -- at $20,000 each per year -- meant more money for employee bonuses.

Those terminals (pictured) are now being scrutinized on word that Bloomberg reporters were using the machines to spy on clients. As The New York Times noted, some reporters would type a "Z" next to a company's name to get information on individual subscribers, such as when a customer had last logged on or information about their chats with customer service representatives.

That potential privacy violation had the company on the defensive Sunday.

"At no time did reporters have access to trading, portfolio, monitor, blotter or other related systems. Nor did they have access to clients' messages to one another," wrote Editor-in-Chief Matthew Winkler on Bloomberg View. "They couldn't see the stories that clients were reading or the securities clients might be looking at."

Given the firm management style at Bloomberg, it seems reasonable to assume that the practice, which seems to have occurred for many years, was known about by top bosses. But it's still unclear exactly who knew what, and when.

When I was at Bloomberg, I don't remember anyone telling me how to access to this customer data. Then again, this information would have been of most interest to people covering Wall Street, which I didn't do. This data isn't something that would be easy for someone to discover on their own.

Besides, there was a simpler way to see if someone was logged onto a terminal. By typing "<WHO>" and the person's name, users can tell if a subscriber is logged in to the system. Users can also send each other messages using the message function.
    And now Bloomberg users’ messages leaked online
    ^ The irony of this report is due to the fact that Mr. Bloomberg (co-founder) has been eager to purchase FT newspaper.

This is pretty serious stuff going on and its now affecting Bloomberg's credibility to the tune of clients renegotiating their service fees and rental fees of their terminals ...
    Goldman Sacks,
    JPMorgan,
    US Federal Reserve,
    CitiBank,
    etc etc
    (basically serious BIG TIME corporations, not some small time fry guy in his condo day trading).

So ... I'm very curious if Chris or anyone else has the expertise or knowledge to consider if this is something that "short's" are using to afflict downward reports on BlackBerry stock price? Or am I just reaching here?
    06-14-13 11:56 AM

So I went out to grab a Pita for Lunch...I got a Candian Club with Tomatoes, Lettuce, Greenpeppers and honey mustard...its very good....but I digress.

Not sure how many of you do this now, but I find myself looking to see what other folks are using for a device.

Well today as I stood waiting in line to order and get my Pita I felt so alone with my Z10...not a single one to be seen. The guy in front of me had a Q10, the guy behind me had a Q10, as did the very attractive mature women behind him. The lady in front of the guy in front of me had a 9810, the girl behind the attractive mature women was rocking a 9900. Then out of the corner of my eye a cute Asian broad come walking in through the door plugging away on her device, could it be? .......no, it wasn't a Z10 ...it was another fricking Q10!! I felt so alone......but I suppose not as alone as the one funny looking old dude in line sporting an iPhone....I really felt bad for him

Try this one next time... if you have foursquare, log-in and then see how many others are checked in where you're at. Then ask if there's any other Blackberry fans in the joint. I did this at the mall once a few weeks ago and there were 4 others checked-in there with Blackberrys. I didn't ask what type of device though. But I did meet two new people that were Blackberry fans! I told them about this thread but they aren't investing so haven't seen them on here.
    06-14-13 11:59 AM
    Interesting take on yesterdays upgrade

Article Page | TheStreet
    06-14-13 12:06 PM
    Never thought I would be saying, "We're red today."
    06-14-13 12:06 PM
    Can govt piloting bb10s

MPs give their travel budgets, salaries a boost - Politics - CBC News

The meeting minutes give a glimpse into some other matters happening on Parliament Hill. At the most recent meeting on May 27, for example, the board members discussed a pilot project with a limited number of staff using the new BlackBerry 10s
    06-14-13 12:08 PM
    Short-squeeze rally could drive BlackBerry to $20, says fund manager

June 14, 2013 By Nick Waddell 0 Comments and 0 Reactions

With earnings due this month, Sprung Investment Management�s Michael Sprung says there is a realistic scenario in which BlackBerry could experience a �fairly significant� short-squeeze rally that would drive the stock to $20. But investors playing this scenario should know it is not without risks, he says.
    If it can beat the street�s expectations later this month, the huge short position currently held on BlackBerry could set it up for a big short rally,

Michael Sprung, President of Sprung Investment Management appeared on Market Call Tonight with host Mark Bunting Wednesday to talk about Canadian large cap stocks.

With earnings due this month, Sprung says there is a realistic scenario in which BlackBerry could experience a �fairly significant� short-squeeze rally that would drive the stock to $20.

BlackBerry will report its Q1, 2014 results on Friday, June 28th, before market open.

Bunting noted that in the United States, more than 38% of total BlackBerry shares are currently shorted.

When investors sell a stock short they are betting they can buy the stock back at a lower price. The profit in the trade comes from the difference between the price at which they sell and the price at which they buy the stock back.

Sprung warns that while BlackBerry appears cheap, the are caveats.

He says BlackBerry has a done a wonderful job of reinitializing itself in the market, but the tech space is particularly unpredictable and fast moving. He says it could be argued that BlackBerry has the appearance of a value stock right now, but says the space is difficult to peg because you are dealing not just with technology but �fashion and consumer whims�. He suggests investors playing the short-squeeze scenario do it with money they can afford to lose.

Shares of BlackBerry rallied yesterday after Societe Generale analyst Andy Perkins changed his rating to BUY and upped his target price on the Waterloo-based company to $17, from his previous $13. Perkins said his channel checks suggested that sales of BlackBerry 10 handsets could exceed five million units in Q1.

At press time, shares of BlackBerry on the TSX were up .3% to $14.75.

Short-squeeze rally could drive BlackBerry to $20, says fund manager
    06-14-13 12:09 PM
    Never thought I would be saying, "We're red today."
    Yep, but we're higher than the past few weeks anyway.
    06-14-13 12:10 PM
    I'll be 'sprung' if this hits 20 after the ER........
    06-14-13 12:12 PM

Pluto, you can add another beautiful young lady to the list of Q10 owners, as my wife will be going in for an early upgrade to her 9900 this weekend
    06-14-13 12:14 PM
    Yep, historically Fridays are non-event days regarding this stock. Rarely does anything happen positive. Doesn't mean it can't or won't but historically Friday's are boring.
    Oh oh, the next four quarterly earnings reports are on a Friday.
    06-14-13 12:24 PM
    I'll be 'sprung' if this hits 20 after the ER........
    Ya, I'd spring one too! LoL :-)
    06-14-13 12:38 PM
113,256 ... 12861287128812891290 ...