View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Well people do like to dream. I guess I should just ignore the talk of vacations, retiring and so on. Just feels like when your in a group of people and they start talking about something that you don't like or don't relate to. So then you wonder why you are in that group.
    Everyone dreams about goals, or at least the people trying to get ahead! It is all about wanting to better one's self and see smart choices pay off.
    06-14-13 07:07 AM
    This is the problem I have sometimes with this thread. People are too greedy. Should we be happy for gains? yes. But talking like we are going to hit $100 and going to retire this year always feels like when people start getting cocky like this the stock goes down. Even if your just having fun, I think it's kind of bad for people to talk like that. I understand it happens on any side of the trades but I see this talk and then we tank down to $13 and everyone complains. This is not directed at you exactly Charles but directed at everyone in general.
    I admit that I am greedy. I love to make money. I cheer when we rally and I grumble when we fall. One thing I never do though is expect that we'll rally all the time. So, enjoy the good times.
    06-14-13 07:11 AM
    I think you are way to trusting of the Canadian government.

I do trust that the USA government can slice through Blackberry's security with ease. I guess if people "think" it is secure, it WILL make the feel better but I am betting the government has a back door to Blackberry just like some other governments have demanded and got.
    One, actually; India. And it has been advertised witch makes a big difference, as noted in the full article.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-14-13 07:26 AM
    It's just the greed that's all. Who doesn't like making money. But just the attitude of hey were gonna be super rich is what I personally have an issue with. It's not anyone in general it's just when things get like that overall.

Anyways ill deal with my issues :P and try to not let greed talk get to me! Now I know how some woman feel on facebook when they let things bother them hahah
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-14-13 07:28 AM
    I have never liked the word “greedy” as its meaning has been distorted over the years. People who are envious of others who have more than them will often refer to them as “greedy”. Now, they may be greedy, we don’t know – but being successful doesn’t by definition make them so.

As an example - if there is a situation where there is a village where there is only one soccer ball and there is a boy playing with that soccer ball by himself and two teams of soccer players can’t play soccer because the little boy won’t let them use the soccer ball, than yes, that is greedy.

However, if everyone in the village has a soccer ball, or the same opportunity to get a soccer ball, then the boy not giving up his soccer ball is not greedy. They can go get their own. I think capitalism is like this. We should celebrate people who are successful, not call them greedy. We used to do this. I think the envious people who are unwilling to take the risks and then look upon the risk takers with covetousness are the real greedy ones.

My Rant for the day
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    06-14-13 07:29 AM
    It's just the greed that's all. Who doesn't like making money. But just the attitude of hey were gonna be super rich is what I personally have an issue with. It's not anyone in general it's just when things get like that overall.

Anyways ill deal with my issues :P and try to not let greed talk get to me! Now I know how some woman feel on facebook when they let things bother them hahah
    Simple solution. If you think all rich people are greedy and you don't like greedy people - stay poor.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-14-13 07:31 AM
    Looks like Wells Fargo initiated a preemptive strike this morning lol. Guess they're sick of the opex shenanigans.
    06-14-13 07:32 AM
    Will the A10 make it for the holidays? That would help the cause too.
    06-14-13 07:32 AM
    One, actually; India. And it has been advertised witch makes a big difference, as noted in the full article.
    Correct but also incorrect. India has the same access every other country has - consumer messaging. That's the price of doing business.

What nobody has -and nobody can get -is access via BBRY to communications secured through BES.

The scare articles that came out when the story "broke" failed to mention this.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-14-13 07:35 AM
    quick, quick ... but not too fast, honey ... you know them, they're hungry ... no indigestion please
    Have a nice day, all , M+8 welcome home
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    06-14-13 07:35 AM
    Correct but also incorrect. India has the same access every other country has - consumer messaging. That's the price of doing business.

What nobody has -and nobody can get -is access via BBRY to communications secured through BES.

The scare articles that came out when the story "broke" failed to mention this.
    Yup, BIS only. But others don't have it as a "by default rule". They can get access on legal requests.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-14-13 07:37 AM
    Only one we know about!

After well know India, you can bet that Blackberry kept the rest under wraps. You can believe that the USA government has access.
    06-14-13 07:37 AM
    I believe it is critical for Blackberry to have A10 out before the holidays. IMO, all of the gains will be for nothing if the company misses out on this holiday season.
    06-14-13 07:38 AM
    It's just the greed that's all. Who doesn't like making money. But just the attitude of hey were gonna be super rich is what I personally have an issue with. It's not anyone in general it's just when things get like that overall. Anyways ill deal with my issues :P and try to not let greed talk get to me! Now I know how some woman feel on facebook when they let things bother them hahah
    In 3-5 years we're going to be in great shape. Right now is the beginning of that. Be happy man.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-14-13 07:39 AM
    Can we get some staggered upgrades as we make our way to the ER? lol
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-14-13 07:39 AM
    Pretty sure that's what they're targeting.

bungaboy and OMGitworks like this.
    06-14-13 07:41 AM
    Yup, BIS only. But others don't have it as a "by default rule". They can get access on legal requests.
    Are we sure this isn't also the case in India? I know they located servers there, but I don't know that they've given direct access?
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-14-13 07:41 AM
    Does anyone know the procedure for attending the agm? Do we just show up or do we need to register?
    06-14-13 07:47 AM

Evan, most of this talk is in jest. Wishful dreams kinda, sorta. These are light hearted comments so take them in stride.

Remember, though, you can't win the Lottery if you don't buy a ticket.
    06-14-13 07:48 AM
    For anyone using CIBC, looks like Investor's Edge is screwed up. It's not displaying values for holdings. I freaked out for a second thinking my money was gone!
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    06-14-13 07:51 AM
    My only issue with greed is it goes hand and hand with hubris! The two go against the flow of life and creating abundance.
    After doing the research, placing your money down. Sticking it out in the face of Wallstreets best as they play their dirty tricks. The term greedy is off putting and not worthy of the sort we have here.
    Excitement is warranted, it's simply the term "I dislike"
    But that's just me.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 08:00 AM
    I totally agree but they lost the last 2 holiday seasons by being "late." I am not sure the BBRY C suite officers value it as much as many others do.

I believe it is critical for Blackberry to have A10 out before the holidays. IMO, all of the gains will be for nothing if the company misses out on this holiday season.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-14-13 08:01 AM
    Evan, most of this talk is in jest. Wishful dreams kinda, sorta. These are light hearted comments so take them in stride.Remember, though, you can't win the Lottery if you don't buy a ticket.
    Exactly. Pure joy and relief from a long and boring drought. However, I'll admit that when you've put the time into watching and understanding a stock like this only to see it really begin to do what you think it's capable of doing it is quite uplifting.
    06-14-13 08:04 AM
    I totally agree but they lost the last 2 holiday seasons by being "late." I am not sure the BBRY C suite officers value it as much as many others do.
    I hope this year is different ...I'm sure it will be as they finally have something exciting to build off.

Posted via CB10
    OMGitworks likes this.
    06-14-13 08:05 AM
    It's June.... They will make the holidays. They missed the last one because of the OS, not hardware. The OS is now here and they are executing the hardware. I'm not in any way worried that they'll miss the season.
    06-14-13 08:05 AM
113,256 ... 12821283128412851286 ...