View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    What I find most interesting from Societe Generale's upgrade is that a $1B increase in revenues (2.7B -> 3.7B) only increases their EPS target by $0.06. I'm loving the conservative estimate
    It was also reported today that SocGen has inreased expected earnings for BBRY:

Shares in Research In Motion Ltd., widely now known as BlackBerry, shot up 6 per cent today after being treated to a rare two-notch upgrade to a �buy� rating from "sell" at Soci�t� G�n�rale.

Soci�t� G�n�rale also reportedly raised its 2013 earnings estimate for RIM to 85 cents per share from 71 cents.
    RIM shares jump on rare two-notch upgrade from SocGen - The Globe and Mail
    06-13-13 05:58 PM
    I tried to double like your post, wouldn't let me.

My biggest take away was that he's using BES10 currently on his iPhone and loves it. That's the coolest part..... that, and it saves his company money on data... AND... it's unhackable and unsnoopable. check, check, check.... win, win, win!!!
    06-13-13 06:01 PM
    Ha! Thought I'd check in after my quick swim in the pool and what do I find??? I was laughing out loud as well on these. Well, have to figure out how to fasten my new Bulova watch the wife got me. Seems we can't figure out how to fasten it and there's actually a video for this. Haha. Off to get ready to step out on the town tonight.
    The first watch I got with a IIII instead of IV I was a bit confused. Interesting history of how it came about, if your inclined to Google it.
    06-13-13 06:05 PM
    I actually don't understand why so many business people are so enamoured with the iphone at the moment, I really can't stand mine at all anymore. Keyboard sucks, home button is starting to fail, and even when it worked properly, I hate double clicking it all the time to 'multitask'. It's really quite clunky to go between things. I am wondering if I should just hold out for the Aristo now though...
    bungaboy likes this.
    Ha! Thought I'd check in after my quick swim in the pool and what do I find??? I was laughing out loud as well on these. Well, have to figure out how to fasten my new Bulova watch the wife got me. Seems we can't figure out how to fasten it and there's actually a video for this. Haha. Off to get ready to step out on the town tonight.
    Very nice...enjoy bud,bypu deserve it.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    lcjr was that the watch you posted a pic of about 20k posts ago?
    06-13-13 06:06 PM
    My biggest take away was that he's using BES10 currently on his iPhone and loves it. That's the coolest part..... that, and it saves his company money on data... AND... it's unhackable and unsnoopable. check, check, check.... win, win, win!!!
    He also says that in three years, BlackBerry will not be producing any hardware. Only software.

We'll see. :-)
    06-13-13 06:10 PM
    I actually don't understand why so many business people are so enamoured with the iphone at the moment, I really can't stand mine at all anymore. Keyboard sucks, home button is starting to fail, and even when it worked properly, I hate double clicking it all the time to 'multitask'. It's really quite clunky to go between things. I am wondering if I should just hold out for the Aristo now though...
    I feel like I'm pretty average and like think my thoughts are pretty much the same as others...so here ya go:

The old BlackBerry' s while smarter than dumb phones were easy to learn and easy to get comfortable with. Then the apple revolution hit and I for one held off all the way to the 4s...that took me at least a couple months to get real comfortable with and I was not appreciating having to learn something new. Sammy came to prominence a couple years ago and the folks I know that went that route pretty much feel the same.

Now, to convince people to learn something new again is a daunting task and will take significant advertising and time. I found the Z easier than the 4s and just love it..
    But have to convince others of this....just takes time.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 06:12 PM
    If you can wait, cool but there are a few things to consider. Size being the biggest one. If the rumour is true, it will be a LOT bigger than your iPhone and the Z10 and not really a one handed unit. Currently the Z10 has plenty of RAM and the processor seems to handle the workload seamlessly. I, personally, use my phone 1 handed almost 90% of the time and though I've been intrigued with the rumoured specs of the upcoming Aritso, I have to say it doesn't offer me anything that I don't have aside from having to use 2 hands at points.
    06-13-13 06:13 PM
    Yeah, I am a believer but I do disagree with him on that. But if he can see the company being profitable and valuable with software alone, then hardware will be icing on the cake.

He also says that in three years, BlackBerry will not be producing any hardware. Only software.

06-13-13 06:13 PM

Ya... I was questionable at that. I don't buy that part as they make a **** ton of money on their hardware sales. However, he, since the day he turned bullish, has always been about software. My personal take is that if they were to think about a licence of hardware, it would be to their spec and design for the high end, and for the low end would still have to be stringent on form factor. Of course this is just my view.
    06-13-13 06:16 PM
    If I can fit it in my front jeans pocket, I would be happy. Did I mention my iphone keeps screwing me over when on wifi? For some reason if I check the stock using the stocks app, then go back to CB and refresh the thread, it stalls out. I have to close the stocks app, then it will let me refresh the CB page. Between this and the button not even working properly, I'm ready to throw it against a brick wall sometimes.

If you can wait, cool but there are a few things to consider. Size being the biggest one. If the rumour is true, it will be a LOT bigger than your iPhone and the Z10 and not really a one handed unit. Currently the Z10 has plenty of RAM and the processor seems to handle the workload seamlessly. I, personally, use my phone 1 handed almost 90% of the time and though I've been intrigued with the rumoured specs of the upcoming Aritso, I have to say it doesn't offer me anything that I don't have aside from having to use 2 hands at points.
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-13-13 06:17 PM
    I can't see BB out of the hardware business in 3 years as Misek stated.

Posted from my Z10 via C10
    06-13-13 06:17 PM
    Why are they not marketing that it saves the companies money on data plans? Or are they in the business circles? Really don't hear much about it at all, should be a major selling feature.
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-13-13 06:19 PM
    The first watch I got with a IIII instead of IV I was a bit confused. Interesting history of how it came about, if your inclined to Google it.
    Thanks ! I saw it when I was a kid, and always thought it was a mistake made on cheap Chinese imports.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    q649 likes this.
    06-13-13 06:20 PM
    If I can fit it in my front jeans pocket, I would be happy. Did I mention my iphone keeps screwing me over when on wifi? For some reason if I check the stock using the stocks app, then go back to CB and refresh the thread, it stalls out. I have to close the stocks app, then it will let me refresh the CB page. Between this and the button not even working properly, I'm ready to throw it against a brick wall sometimes.
    HA!!!..... This, my friend, is the perfect example as to the efficiency of QNX and their RTOS. When one app fails, or stalls, it is essentially quarantined into its own "channel" of communication with the base OS. When one app stalls or freezes on the BB10 platform, it does not affect the others that are running or the background functions of the phone. Just close it down and carry on.
    06-13-13 06:23 PM
    Why are they not marketing that it saves the companies money on data plans? Or are they in the business circles? Really don't hear much about it at all, should be a major selling feature.
    They probably are in their sales pitch at that level. When it comes to the enterprise level, it doesn't pay off to mass advertise like you would to consumers.
    take99, Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-13-13 06:25 PM
    Really impressed with Misek's interview, especially his insight on how they do their checks. Unless I have it mixed up, but wasn't his target price at $22.50? They showed on TV that it was $24.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 06:36 PM
    I smell a Friday upgrade then?
    06-13-13 06:52 PM
    I believe $14.55 is the 50 DMA and we're not too fart from it. If we have a good day again tomorrow we should blow by that 50 DMA and jump over $15.

Have a good night!
    06-13-13 06:52 PM
    I believe $14.55 is the 50 DMA and we're not too fart from it. If we have a good day again tomorrow we should blow by that 50 DMA and jump over $15.

Have a good night!
    I'd like to think you're right but I see us settling below 15. I personally see a max of 14.85 for the close with a downside of 14.60
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    06-13-13 06:56 PM
    44% of the volume today was short on BBRY .

Just punch in the ticker at the following link:

Data

Last edited by Charles Martin1; 06-13-13 at 07:10 PM.
    06-13-13 06:56 PM
    Really impressed with Misek's interview, especially his insight on how they do their checks. Unless I have it mixed up, but wasn't his target price at $22.50? They showed on TV that it was $24.

Posted via CB10
    You mean his checks are better than returns exceeding sales kind of checks?
    06-13-13 06:57 PM
    A quick spot on BB on quick money... followed by their take on Apple. BB is from about 14:15-14:40.

Fast Money, June 13, 2013 - CNBC
    06-13-13 06:57 PM
    Inside on how Misek does his reserach..good watch.

BNN Video Player
    06-13-13 06:59 PM
113,256 ... 12781279128012811282 ...