View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Ya know I don't know what I like better, a slow long and drawn out torturous S-squeeze OR
    a quick-draw-mcgraw high speed mountain climb S-queeze. lmao Either way, I do like the
    slow climb we seem to be making.
    ItsTheBox likes this.
    06-13-13 01:21 PM
    oh yeah let's get this bull streaming *

BBM CHANNEL C000EF854 < stocks*C0004ABC9<Pin friends meet
    06-13-13 01:21 PM
    It would be wonderful to close above $14.50...
    06-13-13 01:22 PM
    It would be wonderful to close above $14.50...
    I think that may be a slight resistance area today, hopefully can break thru and sustain.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-13-13 01:24 PM
    I topped up some more at 14.40 (tsx) this morning.

Unfortunately the larger chunk I was awaiting has not made it to my brokerage yet.

Not worried about missing these little single digit gains too much

Happy Birthday lcjr, pretty good start to the b-day I would say!

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, bungaboy, lcjr and 1 others like this.
    06-13-13 01:27 PM
    Again, nothing but feeling ... but I <3 this tempo, so far.
    Smooth & exciting, just as Marvin Gaye's .... ooooh man, here we are again ...

Wait : did I missed a Bday ? MORE COWBELL !!!! Happy BDay LCJR !!!

<a href="http://youtu.be/wRcVQDELAd4" target="_blank">
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    Bugmapper, lcjr, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    06-13-13 01:30 PM
    Hey Dusdal not sure your brokerage but I use CIBC and I can buy stocks directly from my bank account. Even if the money transfers 3 days later at least it gives the option to buy from investment account or bank account. That was huge for me recently
    bungaboy, CDM76 and dusdal like this.
    06-13-13 01:33 PM
    SocGen upgrade just mentioned on CNBC and a nice quick approving comment from the on screen hosts about people having and liking the q10 and z10. :-)

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 01:35 PM
    SocGen upgrade just mentioned on CNBC and a nice quick approving comment from the on screen hosts about people having and liking the q10 and z10. :-)

Posted via CB10
    and Over 5 Million BlackBerry 10 Devices Sold in Q1, says Analyst - N4BB (sry if posted already)
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-13-13 01:36 PM
    Happy birthday Lcjr!
    lcjr, bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-13-13 01:46 PM
    I arrived at somewhat similar figures but assume subs stay relatively constant at 76M. Your model assumes sales of 10M units still leads to a subs loss of 2M implying 12M "disconnects" of old devices. Based on BBRY's published sales/subs figures, the three highest quarterly "disconnects" figures (=current subs-prior quarter subs-current quarter sales) have been roughly 9.4M in Q4 '11, 9.2M in Q4 '10 and 9M last quarter. While certainly they could have blown out to 12M, I'm hoping they stayed flat around 9M with the same reasoning as you that people who have waited so long already will wait it out, or are enterprise customers waiting for IT to deploy the new models.

Anyways, thanks for sharing your insights. Will be an interesting couple of weeks ahead.
    Sorry Blaisep. I should have been more clearer. I'm counting it differently and please allow me to expand. Also kindly point out if things are out of line. Thanks.

74M = current subs are my prediction ( 2M was lost permanently and moved to other platform )

Add to that 3.5M legacy, 3.25M BB10 ( half of new owners are from other platform, other half is upgrade from legacy so only half of 6.5M is added ). Also, technically people with less $ could also be upgrading to the legacy from ancient BB devices but with the Q5 around the corner they would probably just wait it out. So no numbers from that one.

Total approx = 74 + 3.5 + 3.25 = 81M devices ( subs + legacy + BB10's ) *

The nice thing with this total is it is supported by the GS tracking numbers.

* I believe BB will change the way they do the subs count. From what I understand any device they can generate revenue after initial sales will be included. This would mean BES monitored, and devices that would be purchasing music and apps. So pretty much all new devices will be included. This would also mean that the new sub# would be = to the devices # above.
    Last edited by La Emperor; 06-13-13 at 04:04 PM.
    06-13-13 01:46 PM
    Hey Dusdal not sure your brokerage but I use CIBC and I can buy stocks directly from my bank account. Even if the money transfers 3 days later at least it gives the option to buy from investment account or bank account. That was huge for me recently
    Ya, unfortunately these funds are coming over from my employer's group RSP so I actually have to go through the paces and wait.

I am with Credential and for bank transfer it would be available as trade cash as soon as I requested the transfer. I've maxed out that Avenue on this stock though haha.

Posted via CB10
    matthewriedle and bungaboy like this.
    06-13-13 01:48 PM
    The resistance is really between 14.50-14.70 so above 14.70 I would say it's all clear but I don't think we take that out today, it would actually look better on the chart if we consolidate here a couple of days first and then break up, consolidations give a stronger base before breakouts.
    06-13-13 01:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    One of BB’s ace’s in the hole is that the financial guys and the media people are going to LOVE the Q10. It will be a must have. That will help to change perceptions. Perceptions are changing right now and have been for a while. It reached the Nasdaq today.
    06-13-13 01:51 PM
    Hey Happy Birthday icjr!

Enjoy the day bud!

Also, do you still follow ur lovely TESLA
    Thanks Gohan!! Yes, I still follow them but I took the money and ran. Too late to get back in now so what money is left over from the recent emergency will go into another soon to pop stock I'm looking at.
    06-13-13 02:07 PM
    Wow, what a day huh? It's been a while since we've seen so much green. I'm loving this!
    06-13-13 02:12 PM
    I hope your predictions about BBRY turn out to be more accurate. Great game, wrong team won....
    Present for Ya! I have fond memories of this one. Enjoy.

lcjr and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-13-13 02:12 PM
    Wow, what a day huh? It's been a while since we've seen so much green. I'm loving this!
    Sure is great so far. But we are still far from the $100-party, so keep working at it (damn, now you know what kind of a boss I am ).
    cjcampbell, psy fi, lcjr and 3 others like this.
    06-13-13 02:20 PM
    I am loving this too. Made good money today without even having to sit on the computer.
    One of my better days and hope all faired well, too!
    06-13-13 02:21 PM
    Looks like we're going to rally into the close. Nice!!
    06-13-13 02:33 PM
    Looks like we're going to rally into the close. Nice!!
    And you were getting upset with that late morning slide... tsk tsk tsk.... haha
    bungaboy, lcjr and plasmid_boy like this.
    06-13-13 02:34 PM
    I am loving this too. Made good money today without even having to sit on the computer.One of my better days and hope all faired well, too!
    It's been the best day in a while. BBRY, LULU, and CLF all soaring. Yeehaw!!!
    cjcampbell, fedakd, lcjr and 2 others like this.
    06-13-13 02:34 PM
    Yeah, it was annoying to see it fading so fast on shat BS. Good to see it didn't stick though. I'm hoping that the quality of shareholders has improved. We don't want weak hands now.
    cjcampbell and plasmid_boy like this.
    06-13-13 02:36 PM
    I think you should change your user name to . . . . . . . . "CJCOWBELL" from cjcampbell. LoL
    06-13-13 02:38 PM
    Let's close at $14.40 for a nice round number today.

Edit: Or higher!
    Last edited by bungaboy; 06-13-13 at 03:01 PM.
    06-13-13 02:40 PM
113,256 ... 12741275127612771278 ...