View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    lol.. we're already pushing yesterday's volume and it has only been 20 minutes... hahahaha
    06-13-13 08:51 AM
    I'll take an extra buck!
    Wow Charles. I thought you were playing with more than five shares.
    q649, ItsTheBox and robot_ca like this.
    06-13-13 08:52 AM
    We haven't had one of these days in a while. Forgot what it feels like lol
    06-13-13 08:53 AM
    Ready to ignite booster number 2 soon!!!
    Thanks for the info, I didn't hear the sound of the booster - probably got drowned out by people falling trying to cover?
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-13-13 08:55 AM
    Reminds me of that old segment from The Twilight Zone movie. (Yes, I'm showing my age here.)
    06-13-13 08:56 AM
    It came much later than I expected. I thought I'd lose tomorrow's $14 call. I hope this rise doesn't get ruined tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 08:57 AM
    Good morning all!

I did get a quick note from my IT buddy and most of what he sent me I can’t share, but I can say that while it would appear we have to share some space with other brands soon, Blackberry isn’t going away from the DoD. In fact, it is a fact that since the Z10 passed all tests and was approved, huge orders have already been placed by several DoD departments. Here shortly, the Q10 will be approved and orders are already in the shoot waiting for the test and approval before sending to Blackberry. Now when I say huge, I mean really really big orders. As soon as I can get a close number from my buddy from Europe and here stateside I’ll share that too. It’s a shame Blackberry didn’t pin down a great tablet, as our warfighters in the field need these.

This warrants reading if you haven’t seen this yet.

The Defense Department’s efforts to issue mobile devices to its civilian and uniformed personnel continue to take shape as multiple pilot programs mature and get ready to shift to initial operational deployments. After several years of tests and modifications, the Defense Information Systems Agency is about to acquire a mobile device management (MDM) system that will allow the services to more effectively and securely manage mobile devices across their networks.
    This program is just a part of a department-wide undertaking to connect warfighters to information anytime, anywhere. DOD officials discussed the current state of their mobility programs at a Defense Systems seminar on military mobility in Arlington, Virginia, on June 6.
    This is an exciting time for DOD mobile programs, said Robert Carey, the department’s principal deputy chief information officer, who keynoted the Defense Systems seminar. One of the military’s main goals is to give commanders and decision makers the ability to access vital information wherever they are. He noted that the DOD’s mobile strategy involves connecting some 600,000 mobile devices—a number he expects will continue to rise over time.
    As the number of devices continues to proliferate, Carey said he wants to see more personnel issued with such devices, especially in tactical battlefield environments where communications currently end at the squad level.
    The DOD’s mobility plans are focused on three areas: (1) developing policies and standards for mobile devices; (2) selecting and acquiring a mobile device management system; and (3) and educating and training mobile device users.
    But while it is pursuing these goals, Carey noted that the DOD must remain aware of certain requirements. One consideration is that while mobile devices and applications provide warfighters with improved command and control capabilities, purely commercial solutions can be prone to failure in harsh combat and austere environments. Vendors do not have to provide military grade ruggedized systems, he said. However, they should be aware of security considerations, such as the need to keep some functions such as global positioning tracking turned off in the field.
    As a part of its mobile implementation plan, the DOD has begun building more gateways to allow devices better access to the network enterprise, Carey said. To do this cost effectively the military is working with multiple vendors to provide services and equipment. He noted that the BlackBerry Z10 smart phone was just cleared for use across the DOD in May. Additional tablet and smart phone platforms such as the Samsung Knox with DOD-specific security modifications to its Android operating system will be ready to be issues this fall.
    06-13-13 08:57 AM
    Is the price action today entirely due to the upgrade from Societe Generale?
    06-13-13 09:00 AM
    Thanks lcjr. I don't care so much if Blackberry has to share some space with other devices... as long as BB can have a piece of the MDM!
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-13-13 09:01 AM
    Hi Lcjr,

Your input is greatly appreciated. Many thanks for this.

Good morning all!

I did get a quick note from my IT buddy and most of what he sent me I can’t share, but I can say that while it would appear we have to share some space with other brands soon, Blackberry isn’t going away from the DoD. In fact, it is a fact that since the Z10 passed all tests and was approved, huge orders have already been placed by several DoD departments. Here shortly, the Q10 will be approved and orders are already in the shoot waiting for the test and approval before sending to Blackberry. Now when I say huge, I mean really really big orders. As soon as I can get a close number from my buddy from Europe and here stateside I’ll share that too. It’s a shame Blackberry didn’t pin down a great tablet, as our warfighters in the field need these.

This warrants reading if you haven’t seen this yet.

The Defense Department’s efforts to issue mobile devices to its civilian and uniformed personnel continue to take shape as multiple pilot programs mature and get ready to shift to initial operational deployments. After several years of tests and modifications, the Defense Information Systems Agency is about to acquire a mobile device management (MDM) system that will allow the services to more effectively and securely manage mobile devices across their networks.
    This program is just a part of a department-wide undertaking to connect warfighters to information anytime, anywhere. DOD officials discussed the current state of their mobility programs at a Defense Systems seminar on military mobility in Arlington, Virginia, on June 6.
    This is an exciting time for DOD mobile programs, said Robert Carey, the department’s principal deputy chief information officer, who keynoted the Defense Systems seminar. One of the military’s main goals is to give commanders and decision makers the ability to access vital information wherever they are. He noted that the DOD’s mobile strategy involves connecting some 600,000 mobile devices—a number he expects will continue to rise over time.
    As the number of devices continues to proliferate, Carey said he wants to see more personnel issued with such devices, especially in tactical battlefield environments where communications currently end at the squad level.
    The DOD’s mobility plans are focused on three areas: (1) developing policies and standards for mobile devices; (2) selecting and acquiring a mobile device management system; and (3) and educating and training mobile device users.
    But while it is pursuing these goals, Carey noted that the DOD must remain aware of certain requirements. One consideration is that while mobile devices and applications provide warfighters with improved command and control capabilities, purely commercial solutions can be prone to failure in harsh combat and austere environments. Vendors do not have to provide military grade ruggedized systems, he said. However, they should be aware of security considerations, such as the need to keep some functions such as global positioning tracking turned off in the field.
    As a part of its mobile implementation plan, the DOD has begun building more gateways to allow devices better access to the network enterprise, Carey said. To do this cost effectively the military is working with multiple vendors to provide services and equipment. He noted that the BlackBerry Z10 smart phone was just cleared for use across the DOD in May. Additional tablet and smart phone platforms such as the Samsung Knox with DOD-specific security modifications to its Android operating system will be ready to be issues this fall.
    True but it has a sense of realism to it as opposed to the 3 million number which is, in my opinion, laughable.
    Actually Faucette recently said that (he believed) sell through was just 500.000 BB10 per month, that's 1.5 million per quarter.
    Is the price action today entirely due to the upgrade from Societe Generale?
    It's been the only real news in weeks.
    bungaboy and psy fi like this.
    Get on soon folks, I hear the rockets are being tested today and if no problems, we're taking off...LOL
    THIS!!!!!

cjcampbell likes this.
    06-13-13 09:06 AM
    Please make sure your seatbelts are fastened and your carry on luggage is securely in place in the overhead compartments.
    Have a good flight and thank you for flying Blackberry Air.
    06-13-13 09:07 AM
    Barrons

Here are some things going on this morning in your world of tech:

Shares of BlackBerry (BBRY) are up 83 cents, or 6%, at $14.39, after Societe Generale’s Andy Perkins this morning raised his rating on the stock to Buy from Sell, and raised his price target to $17 from $13, writing that his “checks” suggest sales of the company’s newer handsets based on the BB10 operating system, the Z10 and Q10, appear to have been better in the fiscal Q1 ended last month than many expect. “In total, we believe that Blackberry 10 handsets could record sales in excess of 5m units,” writes Perkins.

“We believe that this is above consensus which is between 3m and 4m units for the quarter; As for the older units, we still believe there is demand for the 9220, 9320 and 9900 handsets but that this is falling rapidly.”
    06-13-13 09:07 AM
    Actually Faucette recently said that (he believed) sell through was just 500.000 BB10 per month, that's 1.5 million per quarter.
    lmao... yes... yes he did.
    06-13-13 09:10 AM
    Interested to see what happens with the 10:30 dip, maybe we blow right through it?

edit: and my legs hurt after last night
    06-13-13 09:14 AM
    CNBC was the only site that showed the ATL investment as far as I can tell. Don't get how it can be there one day and moved the next. Weird stuff. Who was responsible for it being there in the first place. Stuff like that can have serious effect on an investor to the up or downside. Shows how easy it is to control the "news"
    Nasdaq.com showed it

Posted via CB10
    matthewriedle and bungaboy like this.
    06-13-13 09:17 AM
    Whoohoo! Fun to check stocks and see a 5% rise in BBRY this morning.

I had a dream about buying the Q10 last night. Seriously. It was very bizarre. I bought it from a Verizon vending machine on the corner, which was strange in many ways. It looked more like some sort of parking meter. I paid about $600 or so dollars and I was kind of shocked that I was doing so since I have an iPhone 5 (which I was given back in October from my old job and I got to keep when I left). I was also shocked to be spending $600 at a vending machine. The phone came out and it was huge, like a phablet and looked terrible with plastic and weird keys. I was very perplexed because it didn't look like the Q10 at all. I fiddled with it for awhile and finally realized it was just in some sort of Otterbox like case that put a set of keys over it. Finally I opened the case and the Q10 came out and it was small, sleek and awesome. Actually it fit great in the hand and frankly was more like my old Bold 9700. I loved that form factor, I just disliked that it still didn't have a really functional web browser. Anyway, this dream Q10 was sweet and I was very happy.

And today the stock rises.
    06-13-13 09:18 AM
    Nasdaq.com showed it

Posted via CB10
    Good to see that you were able to get up this morning...LOL
    06-13-13 09:18 AM
    Hate to be the party pooper but I won't celebrate until after the close, I've seen power fades before
    Shanerredflag, rarsen and ibpluto like this.
    06-13-13 09:20 AM
    Apparently Faucette is at local drug stores doing channel checks.
    06-13-13 09:20 AM
    Whoohoo! Fun to check stocks and see a 5% rise in BBRY this morning.

I had a dream about buying the Q10 last night. Seriously. It was very bizarre. I bought it from a Verizon vending machine on the corner, which was strange in many ways. It looked more like some sort of parking meter. I paid about $600 or so dollars and I was kind of shocked that I was doing so since I have an iPhone 5 (which I was given back in October from my old job and I got to keep when I left). I was also shocked to be spending $600 at a vending machine. The phone came out and it was huge, like a phablet and looked terrible with plastic and weird keys. I was very perplexed because it didn't look like the Q10 at all. I fiddled with it for awhile and finally realized it was just in some sort of Otterbox like case that put a set of keys over it. Finally I opened the case and the Q10 came out and it was small, sleek and awesome. Actually it fit great in the hand and frankly was more like my old Bold 9700. I loved that form factor, I just disliked that it still didn't have a really functional web browser. Anyway, this dream Q10 was sweet and I was very happy.
    You know what your subconscious is trying to tell you right? Ditch the iPhone 5!
    06-13-13 09:21 AM
    Apparently Faucette is at local drug stores doing channel checks.
    Or at his proctologist, he's probably having a hard time sitting today.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-13-13 09:23 AM
    If the Soc Gen figures prove to be anywhere near accurate then this could be a huge blowout quarter for them.

Current consensus estimates for Q1 are: GAAP EPS of $0.08 and Adjusted of $0.06 on sales of $3.37B.

If I update my own model using Soc Gen's BB10 figures and use my estimate of 3.5M BB7 sales (down 30% serially from Q4), along with service/BES10/QNX/other revenue of $900M, and a 60% increase in ad spend, I come out with some pretty crazy figures:

BlaiseP's Proprietary Estimates
    EPS: $0.82
    Adj EPS: $0.79
    Sales: $4.1B
    Earnings from ops: $630M or $1.20 /share

Will have to wait until Jun 28 for confirmation but if analysts believed that these sales were sustainable and not channel stuffing then price targets could easily be doubled/tripled in many cases.
    Last edited by Blaisep; 06-13-13 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Sorry, Jun 28 for Q1 release
    06-13-13 09:23 AM
113,256 ... 12681269127012711272 ...