View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Bud light for me tonight. As for managing self emotions and attitudes, I have a hard time tolerating things that aren't going according to a plan. I can't just wing it. Alcohol makes me happy and I can really come up with great solutions to problems. I'm a type A personality and have to have order, so BB is killing me right now. Need to fast forward to the ER.
    Go to Jamaica for a couple of weeks. That will take the edge off. :-)
    06-12-13 10:22 PM
    Oh, the irony ....

I suppose it is part of the list of cognitive biases somewhere. Which means that people are effected.

List of cognitive biases - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It amazes me that people can not divorce emotions from investing. Granted 5 years ago .... GUILTY! I've gotten better with alot of the cognitive issues behind investment. Understanding the underlying mechanisms always made it easier for me to control my actions. Funny, just learning about cognitive biases made me a better investor. I figure that it is part of my "empathy quotient". If bored, go google it. I measured something like 22 on it. Anyway, there is something in the way my brain is wired that I can control my actions better when I have a good understanding of what is going on. It effects me in other aspects in my life where most would half *** something I have trouble half assing it.

Alcohol also effects me strangely. I have made breakthroughs and had revelations while drunk. Go figure. It's funny how everyone is wired differently. Something I often remember but most are oblivious too.

Anyway .... BEER .. Raisin D'Etre tonight by Dogfishhead. One of my favorites.
    Raison D'�tre - Dogfish Head Brewery - Milton, DE - BeerAdvocate

I apologize for ramblings. Beer also does that to me.
    Great post ! I did the test and scored 50 btw.

I know what you mean about revelations while drunk. I find my mind makes the best connections when completely relaxed, after a couple of drinks, or just as I'm drifting off to sleep, just waking up, etc. I think it is because I already know the answer the problem, I just need to relax enough to see it.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    lcjr, bungaboy, plane6065 and 1 others like this.
    06-12-13 10:23 PM
    Take your Commanders plane. Official business isn't it? :-)
    He prefers a chopper and flies around in it almost daily. I bet I could make it to San Antonio in about two hours in it. Great idea. Hey, do you have to sing in the soup line and how long until unemployment kicks in?? Hahaha.
    06-12-13 10:26 PM
    I told you we'd be attracting more and more people, of which a few will be here to disrupt. But, I'll take that knowing this thread has become an awesome asset for the beginner to advanced investor. Some however are not bad people, they just haven't learned forum etiquette yet. We can help them out though.
    given Samsung's history I would not doubt if they are paying people to come here.
    lcjr, plane6065 and ibpluto like this.
    06-12-13 10:26 PM
    Just saw a new commercial during the hockey game from Verizon that pushed the Q10 for small business.

BOOO YAAAAA

PS: About 10 minutes ago.
    There have been several adverts on CBC for BB during the game as well.
    Bigbacala likes this.
    06-12-13 10:30 PM
    Holy crap this is a great game.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, plane6065 and CDM76 like this.
    06-12-13 10:31 PM
    given Samsung's history I would not doubt if they are paying people to come here.
    We certainly have become popular. The thread I mean, not us.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-12-13 10:32 PM
    Holy crap this is a great game.

Posted via CB10
    Well, for a hockey game.

06-12-13 10:34 PM
    Now into double overtime. Good game.
    Shanerredflag and Bigbacala like this.
    06-12-13 10:38 PM
    Alt Capital is indeed run by ex MS guys. ( without resorting to translation and winging it out )

Banca Privada Independiente | atl Capital Gesti�n de Patrimonios

Even more interesting is Mr. Valencia who was a former director of BNP Paridas which is associated with JP Morgan Chase. JP Morgan and RBC was hired by Rim to review its strategic options last year. Lets see where the chips fall. I'm liking this new investor already.
    Consider for a moment, if the new stake in BBRY was everyone's favorite hedge fund investor CI, this news would have been explosive.

It doesn't matter to me who takes the stake, it's importance to me is the same.

It's not just a coincidence that the mainstream media is not reporting this. They are simply using their story telling to the maximum benifits of their supporters. As usual.

I did just see BloombergNews do a bit on smartphone security breaches. Pictured fount and center during the ugly talk was a bold 9000, subliminally implying how out dated and unsecure BlackBerry is.

This type of BlackBerry coverage by the mainstream media has gone on for years. It's as powerful as the best advertising. They know it and are compensated for it, I have no doubt.

It's one reason for the negative distortion field inside the US, IMO.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 10:39 PM
    We certainly have become popular. The thread I mean, not us.
    You too man. You too.:thumbup:
    CDM76 likes this.
    06-12-13 10:40 PM
    06-12-13 10:41 PM
    Great post ! I did the test and scored 50 btw.

I know what you mean about revelations while drunk. I find my mind makes the best connections when completely relaxed, after a couple of drinks, or just as I'm drifting off to sleep, just waking up, etc. I think it is because I already know the answer the problem, I just need to relax enough to see it.

Holy crap. I never thought of it in those terms but i can see it.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    06-12-13 10:52 PM
    06-12-13 10:58 PM
    Interesting read. Thanks for posting this. I'm not qualified to critique it unfortunately.

06-12-13 11:03 PM
    Interesting read. Thanks for posting this. I'm not qualified to critique it unfortunately.

Liked your post for the sole reason that you don't have delusions of grandeur like alot of analysts. too many people forget that "iI don't know" is an answer.
    06-12-13 11:05 PM
    Holy crap. I never thought of it in those terms but i can see it.
    Of course you can... cuz you are currently drunk !

Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-12-13 11:05 PM
    Of course you can... cuz you are currently drunk !

I don't know. I usually call it "I don't give a F....." mode. But relaxed may be another term.

See .... this can really drive me towards meditations as a new hobby. not till I squat 400 pounds though. BOO YAAA!

PS: Still very drunk,. Hope this doesn't go to OT3.
    Bugmapper and plane6065 like this.
    06-12-13 11:08 PM
    Like Morgan said a few pages back... I really hope there is no squeeze until we are in 20's.
    kfh227, CDM76 and lcjr like this.
    06-12-13 11:09 PM
    TSLA/BBRY - BlackBerry - BBVery good points...
    agree that this could happen to bbry
    06-12-13 11:12 PM
    Like Morgan said a few pages back... I really hope there is no squeeze until we are in 20's.
    If we get a good ER there will be a pop up , maybe to new highs. But, I don't see how a squeeze is even possible until we reach $20 - $25. The shorts are not going to just give up and cover at $15. They are playing to win and will need to be forced to cover. They may even hold until $30.

Kid Vibe likes this.
    06-12-13 11:21 PM
    If Canada were not allowed to create new sports, I would not be this drunk right now.

ASIDE: Why the hell does the TIm Horton cup not show on the USA TV network? yes, I'd love to move to Canada. Funny, I almost applied for a BBRY job in CT to develop "proof of concept" software that sounded like Open Office/MS Office type work. If anyone is reading this that can hire me, please let me know.
    plane6065 and bungaboy like this.
    06-12-13 11:23 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-images.jpg
    And a third OT wowsa

Posted via CB10
    plane6065 and bungaboy like this.
    06-12-13 11:27 PM
    Oh SNAP. A TD Waterhouse app is coming to BB10. Having used some ******* HORRIBLY ******* ****TY Android apps for TD, I pray taht these are good. Seriously, the Android versions SUCK MY BALLS AND **** AND CAN DIE A FIERY DEATH IN THE *** OF SOME DEAD **** I HATE THE ******* ANDROID ******* VERSIONS OF TD ANYTHING THAT WERE BUGGY AND SUCKED MY ****
    06-12-13 11:29 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	395 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	171519
    And a third OT wowsa

Posted via CB10
    Hockey night in Canada used to show a toothless guy (Oiler I think) smiling at the camera. Not the guy in your image. But man, I have look for that image for YEARS. Anyone have it? I think it was shown during the Don Cherry Segment in the early 90s and mid 90s.
    06-12-13 11:32 PM
113,250 ... 12621263126412651266 ...