View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Bilaal you were confident enough to buy @ $18.14. It wasn't stupidity. Just the market put the stock on a fire sale after you bought. Up to you if you shop again or not. Unless you think it's a liquidation sale don't be too hard on yourself. Things have gotten even better since you bought from a product release aspect. Hang tight!
    Thanks, pal. I have confidence in BBRY but a few green and good days would be nice for everyone's confidence.
    matthewriedle, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-12-13 06:31 PM
    Billal im in the same boat 18.12 had to get in before the announcement. I did however scoop up 60 % more around these levels last week. Anyways hang in there if we are at 17 or 12 its still a loss for you so the good thing is dont sweat these prices. I still believe we are in a great spot for this quarter and the next
    MrBurns2U, bungaboy and Bilaal like this.
    06-12-13 06:40 PM
    Thanks, pal. I have confidence in BBRY but a few green and good days would be nice for everyone's confidence.
    Just be patient.

Think of the stock as having a momentum.

In 2012, it was continuing it's downward spiral for the first 2/3rds of the year, only starting to rebound in September.

We've doubled off that low and held that number since while the market waits for evidence of the company's complete turnaround and recovery. It's a very delicate time. Many shorts are comparing BBRY's situation to Nortel or Palm and expecting the company to fall flat, be broken up and sold in pieces.

Those who've done some digging around in BlackBerry's fundamentals, both from the business and software architecture standpoints, realize that BBRY is moving from a market lagger into a market leader position. Not only that, they're expanding their potential market beyond simple smartphones into a true mobile computing platform.

Not only that, but it seems that the longs have been maneuvering quietly in the background with the intention of catching the shorts in a bull pen and letting them get gored by the SP when the market finally corrects from the last few years of BBRY doom-and-gloom.

I get the feeling that when BBRY starts to recover, it'll make Tesla's recent short squeeze look like a hiccup.
    06-12-13 06:41 PM
    Just be patient.

Think of the stock as having a momentum.

In 2012, it was continuing it's downward spiral for the first 2/3rds of the year, only starting to rebound in September.

We've doubled off that low and held that number since while the market waits for evidence of the company's complete turnaround and recovery. It's a very delicate time. Many shorts are comparing BBRY's situation to Nortel or Palm and expecting the company to fall flat, be broken up and sold in pieces.

Those who've done some digging around in BlackBerry's fundamentals, both from the business and software architecture standpoints, realize that BBRY is moving from a market lagger into a market leader position. Not only that, they're expanding their potential market beyond simple smartphones into a true mobile computing platform.

Not only that, but it seems that the longs have been maneuvering quietly in the background with the intention of catching the shorts in a bull pen and letting them get gored by the SP when the market finally corrects from the last few years of BBRY doom-and-gloom.

I get the feeling that when BBRY starts to recover, it'll make Tesla's recent short squeeze look like a hiccup.
    I actually like how you put that. It's nice having things put into perspective. Cheers, guys!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-12-13 06:46 PM
    From SA

"Atlas Capital is not a bank. It is an investment group that specializes in the management of large capitals on behalf of wealthy investors. There are some members from a previous group that used to be called AB Asesores, which was very successful.

Atlas Capital is reputed in Spain for improving the value of companies they invest into.

Seeing Atlas Capital today as the second largest insitutional BlackBerry holder has put a big smile on my face. If confirmed, it is good news."
    Hi MS,

Do you have the link to the article, not sure if I'm looking at the wrong place but can't seems to find the source.

Thanks
    06-12-13 06:51 PM
    Rob Orr news worries me.

Posted via CB10
    Rob Orr gave insider info to ATL Capital about a blowout quarter. BBRY bigwigs caught wind of it and fired him while attempting to pretend nothing ever happened.
    bungaboy, La Emperor and rarsen like this.
    06-12-13 07:00 PM
    Crap, eh? Kinda, sorta like your post? :-)
    Come on. That's the type of post that got the mods interested in this thread to begin with. please Don't tempt them to come back. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-12-13 07:01 PM
    Could the 8.4% stake be an Icahn stealth mode attack? Set up another investment company, have the Spanish bank do the buying for him.

Buying started April 1.

Q1 13F for purchases made before March 31 was due in May. Q2 13F not due until August. Not that I know anything about these filings...but it's double sneaky to start accuring starting April 1...and accruing that much.
    Or Icahn could just start buying and have the SEC let him not report it while he is accumulating. happens all the time. Buffett does this quite often. Tried to do it with LEE most recently.
    06-12-13 07:04 PM
    it was a work phone and idt he knew how to use it yet
    lcjr likes this.
    06-12-13 07:05 PM
    What was the link to that twitter account that was like td partners?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-12-13 07:05 PM
    Maybe it was a work phone he is forced to use or maybe he just hasn't got used to it yet??
    it was a work phone and idt he knew how to use it yet
    lcjr likes this.
    06-12-13 07:06 PM
    I haven't felt this good about BBRY in weeks, am I missing something that this is anything but great news?
    I was thinking the same exact thing. They must have a damned good reason to buy this much.
    06-12-13 07:09 PM
    Rob Orr gave insider info to ATL Capital about a blowout quarter. BBRY bigwigs caught wind of it and fired him while attempting to pretend nothing ever happened.
    Lol
    take99 likes this.
    06-12-13 07:12 PM
    I was thinking the same exact thing. They must have a damned good reason to buy this much.
    I could be wrong, but no one would throw $500 mil at a dying company. If I was short, I would be tripping over myself to cover about now.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 07:14 PM
    What was the link to that twitter account that was like td partners?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    https://mobile.twitter.com/tphedgegroup
    bungaboy and ItsTheBox like this.
    06-12-13 07:23 PM
    I could be wrong, but no one would throw $500 mil at a dying company. If I was short, I would be tripping over myself to cover about now.

Posted via CB10
    I swear, it's the dumb Americans that must be 99% of the short position.

BTW: This is a joke. I'm American. I just don't understand the rational of shorting BBRY. If for BBRY you are given a market cap, the cash flow statement and the balance sheet but are not provided the company name, you'd probably be begging for more information. But people just seem to blindly short BBRY. It makes no sense.

But in all seriousness, I think even people that know better don't bother to look beyond the USA and their friends when deciding that no one is buying Z10s and Q10s. They just say "I don't know anyone with one of those" there fore the company is dead. They don't bother looking at the balance sheet (even if they can read it) or bothering to research other countries where BBRY is more prevalent.
    06-12-13 07:43 PM
    Man, where are all the posts tonight? All you Canadians watching hockey or sum'n?
    lcjr, jon_stark_28 and bungaboy like this.
    06-12-13 07:49 PM

BTW: This is a joke. I'm American. I just don't understand the rational of shorting BBRY. If for BBRY you are given a market cap, the cash flow statement and the balance sheet but are not provided the company name, you'd probably be begging for more information. But people just seem to blindly short BBRY. It makes no sense.

But in all seriousness, I think even people that know better don't bother to look beyond the USA and their friends when deciding that no one is buying Z10s and Q10s. They just say "I don't know anyone with one of those" there fore the company is dead. They don't bother looking at the balance sheet (even if they can read it) or bothering to research other countries where BBRY is more prevalent.
    I think a lot of people lost a lot of money on BlackBerry, and now they want revenge.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    take99, plasmid_boy, lcjr and 3 others like this.
    06-12-13 07:50 PM
    Man, where are all the posts tonight? All you Canadians watching hockey or sum'n?
    Game on...one nothing Boston.

Posted via CB10
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    06-12-13 07:58 PM
    Speaking of which, I love this z10!

Just side loaded instagram. What other OS let's you load up software that wasn't even made for it?!? And it runs very well!

I picked up a Q10 for my GF as she was missing her keyboard something fierce and she's absolutely in love with it.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 08:11 PM
    Game on...one nothing Boston.

Posted via CB10
    Go Bruins ...
    I was a Leaf fan when I was in Toronto and became a Bruins fan after moving to Boston.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-12-13 08:19 PM
    Go Bruins ...
    I was a Leaf fan when I was in Toronto and became a Bruins fan after moving to Boston.

Posted via CB10
    I'm an Oilers fan since living here through the dynasty in the 80's but while growing up it was Boston...
    2-1 now

Posted via CB10
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    06-12-13 08:24 PM
    Speaking of which, I love this z10!

Just side loaded instagram. What other OS let's you load up software that wasn't even made for it?!? And it runs very well!

I picked up a Q10 for my GF as she was missing her keyboard something fierce and she's absolutely in love with it.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, it's great when Android apps work smooth. Makes you wonder why these companies don't just bring the port to see how much demand there is then go with native, like Songza did. Anyways, I'm hoping the Jelly Bean runtime update helps this in the future.

Posted via CB10
    dusdal and bungaboy like this.
    06-12-13 08:36 PM

We know you're joking. I saw today that BlackBerry is ranked fourth of the most shorted stock. Good grief, can you imagine messing with the top three??? That must be a real nightmare for those investing in those stocks.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-12-13 08:39 PM
    Things are a bit slow here, we have a service outage on our cable and Internet services in my area. Luckily I can bridge my 9930 and PlayBook. It's just a bit slow.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-12-13 08:43 PM
113,250 ... 12601261126212631264 ...