View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    So with a 35% short interest, and a 74% institutional ownership, does this not mean there are more shares owned than are part of the float? This could cause a serious squeeze, when/if it happens, if there are not the sellers for the shorts to purchase their shares from.
    06-12-13 11:09 AM
    Hmmm...how current is this info? I thought Yacktman sold just at the peak before the January launch? I'm likely wrong on this as I vaguely remember something about perhaps they will maintain a percentage?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg
    06-12-13 11:10 AM
    What is all this Manhattan talk?

That's where the conference call is going to be?

If so, is this where everyone is meeting as part of the I support bbry group?

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 11:12 AM
    I think that Tressis Gestion is also a new holder. I cannot recall seeing there before.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-12-13 11:12 AM
    And it looks like institutional ownership has jumped way up. It used to be around 60% and now it is in the low 70% range. This could be EPIC!
    Didn't that twitter account mention this a few weeks back?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    take99 and bungaboy like this.
    06-12-13 11:13 AM
    So with a 35% short interest, and a 74% institutional ownership, does this not mean there are more shares owned than are part of the float? This could cause a serious squeeze, when/if it happens, if there are not the sellers for the shorts to purchase their shares from.
    see...your second scenario
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-12-13 11:13 AM

That's where the conference call is going to be?

If so, is this where everyone is meeting as part of the I support bbry group?

Posted via CB10
    BB just signed a lease (or purchased?) 10K Sq Ft off Park and 30th.
    06-12-13 11:16 AM
    Maybe it's to house some on the ground marketing / sales folks and the new PR team they will contract.
    06-12-13 11:20 AM
    Didn't that twitter account mention this a few weeks back?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    Hmmm.... more likely a case of a broken clock being right twice a day.... but it would be nice if everything they said was true!
    ItsTheBox likes this.
    06-12-13 11:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    Here is the original link...
    take99 and kfh227 like this.
    06-12-13 11:23 AM
    Maybe it's to house some on the ground marketing / sales folks and the new PR team they will contract.
    Definitely not the PR team. They are contracted out, not hired, therefore they pay for their own office space and equipment.
    06-12-13 11:24 AM
    Hmmm...how current is this info? I thought Yacktman sold just at the peak before the January launch? I'm likely wrong on this as I vaguely remember something about perhaps they will maintain a percentage?
    My memory of it is they cut their position by roughly half. Thought it was just after launch though, but I don't really recall.
    06-12-13 11:28 AM
    What's stopping an institution from loaning out some of their shares some of the time, to get some extra revenue?
    Shanerredflag and OMGitworks like this.
    06-12-13 11:29 AM
    Hi guys,

Saw something extremely interesting this morning. It appears as though we have another major shareholder in BBRY: ATL 12 Capital I've never heard of them, and even performing a search on the internet doesn't render much??? It also doesn't seem to be on the NASDAQ website, although perhaps not since they only seem to have institutional ownership updated as of March 31, 2013.

Attachment 171198

Link: BlackBerry - BBRY - Stock Quotes
    It (ATL 12 Capital) could be a European company which will not be listed in the Nasdaq ownership.
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and fedakd like this.
    06-12-13 11:30 AM
    What's stopping an institution from loaning out some of their shares some of the time, to get some extra revenue?
    Absolutely nothing but my point was that there are now more shares purchased/sold than what the float dictates and in order to cover they will have to find sellers... and due to the high institutional ownership, I can see the price being quite high for many of them to sell into the shorts hands to cover...... unless of course I'm missing something which is totally within the realm of possibility.
    lcjr, Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-12-13 11:35 AM
    Had a customer come into my work today and I saw that he had the Q10. I asked him if he liked it and his response was "it's a piece of crap" And then the guy next to him said he heard the same thing from another guy today. Yuck
    06-12-13 11:37 AM
    Had a customer come into my work today and I saw that he had the Q10. I asked him if he liked it and his response was "it's a piece of crap" And then the guy next to him said he heard the same thing from another guy today. Yuck
    Maybe it was a work phone he is forced to use or maybe he just hasn't got used to it yet??
    kfh227 likes this.
    06-12-13 11:39 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	640 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	171201
    Since yachtman is not a 10% holder, he only needs to provide quarterly updates. Normally, companies do not give anecdotal updates mid quarter so you might want to find supporting evidence.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 11:43 AM
    Retail space to sell phones or office space?

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 11:44 AM
    Retail space to sell phones or office space?

Posted via CB10
    Office.
    06-12-13 11:47 AM
    I would linger to guess that if they are putting that much money into that property, we will have good news come June 28th.
    06-12-13 11:50 AM
    I think in north america, most people can return their phones with in 15 days of purchase if they do not like it.
    06-12-13 11:52 AM
    Since yachtman is not a 10% holder, he only needs to provide quarterly updates. Normally, companies do not give anecdotal updates mid quarter so you might want to find supporting evidence.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, not concerned about it was just thinking out loud.
    06-12-13 12:05 PM
    As as I remember, Yacktman sold 50% of his position back in January.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	640 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	171201
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-12-13 12:07 PM
    So, if ATL 12 took out another 44M shares out of the float. What is the new short interest then?
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-12-13 12:14 PM
113,256 ... 12541255125612571258 ...