View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    So I was at Costco last night here in NB so I talk to the wireless guy as there was no one else around and he looked bored and because I am ever curious about the state of my investment in BB. I got to hold and feel both Z10 and Q10 in white and black. Definitely like the feel of the black Q10 better than the white. I asked them if they were popular and he said oh yes, without hesitating. He grabbed them from a drawer so I could handle them. I said I really need one to replace why I use my playbook so am debating on the Q10 or Z10 � (I will probably wait for a larger screen full touch). He whipped out his personal Z10 and showed it all to me. He was a younger fellow and mentioned that he knows a lot of people switching over to BB.

So, for what it�s worth, BB is selling well at the Costco in Saint John, NB. 

06-12-13 07:28 AM
    It's a great interview, especially the stuff about the quantum computing vision. I think because of the fact that he wasn't as flashy as other tech people of his time, maybe being in Waterloo, Canada and the downfall of RIM from a leader, Mike L doesn't get as much attention and notoriety as he should.
    06-12-13 07:33 AM
    Am I the only one who thinks Samsung is saturating their GS4 brand?

Samsung officially announces the GALAXY S4 Zoom | MobileSyrup.com
    06-12-13 07:46 AM

I could see this as a useful tool for vacations only.... and only for existing Galaxy users. Swap your sim and take one device with you. As a daily driver, no way but that's probably their point.
    FastLane228 likes this.
    06-12-13 07:52 AM
    This has got to be a joke. That's gotta be the worst phone/camera marriage I've ever seen. Samsung makes TVs too, maybe they can marry those.

On another topic: I voted my shares yesterday. Still planning to go to the shareholders meeting.

06-12-13 08:02 AM
    I could see this as a useful tool for vacations only.... and only for existing Galaxy users. Swap your sim and take one device with you. As a daily driver, no way but that's probably their point.
    Even that, just feels bulky. I'm going away soon and I'm comfortable with my Z10 and a slim point and shoot camera to take care of my photo taking needs.

I just think they are releasing all these products under the GS4 name which is confusing. GS4 mini, GS4 zoom, regular GS4, etc. Samsung may be the only company who can afford to do these type of products.
    06-12-13 08:08 AM
    So I was at Costco last night here in NB so I talk to the wireless guy as there was no one else around and he looked bored and because I am ever curious about the state of my investment in BB. I got to hold and feel both Z10 and Q10 in white and black. Definitely like the feel of the black Q10 better than the white. I asked them if they were popular and he said oh yes, without hesitating. He grabbed them from a drawer so I could handle them. I said I really need one to replace why I use my playbook so am debating on the Q10 or Z10 – (I will probably wait for a larger screen full touch). He whipped out his personal Z10 and showed it all to me. He was a younger fellow and mentioned that he knows a lot of people switching over to BB.

So, for what it’s worth, BB is selling well at the Costco in Saint John, NB. 

Smooth sailing in "Surf City". Well done Saint John!
    Bilaal and matthewriedle like this.
    06-12-13 08:09 AM
    08:29 EDT SYNA, SSNLF Samsung cutting back shipments of S4, says Maxim
    Maxim says its channel checks indicate Samsung (SSNLF) has started cutting back shipments of the Galaxy S4 due to weak sell through and rising inventories. The firm estimates Samsung will need to cut back production between 20%-25% and notes that of the stocks it covers, Synaptics (SYNA) has the largest exposure to the Galaxy S4.
    06-12-13 08:15 AM
    Even that, just feels bulky. I'm going away soon and I'm comfortable with my Z10 and a slim point and shoot camera to take care of my photo taking needs.

I just think they are releasing all these products under the GS4 name which is confusing. GS4 mini, GS4 zoom, regular GS4, etc. Samsung may be the only company who can afford to do these type of products.
    Ya you're right. I was just looking at the product, not the name so yes, the name is being stretched thin. My only point was they already came out with the "smart" camera which can share photos so this is along the same lines but more.
    leafs123 and bungaboy like this.
    06-12-13 08:15 AM
    06-12-13 08:42 AM
    K...I'll say it.

GREEN

That is all.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 08:46 AM
    looking at Green first thing in the morning is nice for a change. Good morning everyone.
    06-12-13 08:54 AM
    08:29 EDTSYNA, SSNLFSamsung cutting back shipments of S4, says Maxim
    Maxim says its channel checks indicate Samsung (SSNLF) has started cutting back shipments of the Galaxy S4 due to weak sell through and rising inventories. The firm estimates Samsung will need to cut back production between 20%-25% and notes that of the stocks it covers, Synaptics (SYNA) has the largest exposure to the Galaxy S4.
    It is the ECONOMY. All smart phones have slowed down and BB will not escape the fact that people are cutting back.
    CDM76 likes this.
    06-12-13 08:57 AM
    looking at Green first thing in the morning is nice for a change. Good morning everyone.
    Morning Sir. Looking good so far!
    lcjr likes this.
    06-12-13 08:58 AM
    It is the ECONOMY. All smart phones have slowed down and BB will not escape the fact that people are cutting back.
    of course Samsung has much more to lose than Blackberry, Blackberry can only gain, did they have BB10's before?
    take99 likes this.
    06-12-13 09:02 AM
    08:29 EDT SYNA, SSNLF Samsung cutting back shipments of S4, says Maxim
    We need to keep in mind that this is the same type of report that we debunk and analyse when written about BB. These are channel checks and not necessarily fact
    06-12-13 09:05 AM
    No dive...this cat's feeling fine.
    Shanerredflag, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-12-13 09:09 AM
    We need to keep in mind that this is the same type of report that we debunk and analyse when written about BB. These are channel checks and not necessarily fact
    Was it written (grammatical errors and all) by that dirt turd Faucette? Lol

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-12-13 09:11 AM
    Have to say that I'm really impressed with BlackBerry's Investor Relations team. Got in touch with them and they got back to me within 15 mins. Contacted them to get the materials for the AGM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-12-13 09:18 AM
    On another topic: I voted my shares yesterday. Still planning to go to the shareholders meeting.
    I just voted mine too.

Anyone up for coffee somewhere before the AGM (which is at 10am on a Tuesday) and going as an "I support BBRY" contingent? Either that or planning to go for lunch afterwards? Both? The location is Hagey Hall this year, at UW, so there's a dozen places nearby we could go.
    BThunderW, cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-12-13 09:18 AM
    I'm up for Java.

I just voted mine too.

Anyone up for coffee somewhere before the AGM (which is at 10am on a Tuesday) and going as an "I support BBRY" contingent? Either that or planning to go for lunch afterwards? Both? The location is Hagey Hall this year, at UW, so there's a dozen places nearby we could go.
    06-12-13 09:20 AM
    I just voted mine too.

Unless anything changes between now and then, I'm in for both coffee and lunch.
    06-12-13 09:21 AM
    I just voted mine too.

I'm in too. Most likely going as well.

I've set up a channel if anyone is interested. C000F1F6B
    cjcampbell and peter9477 like this.
    06-12-13 09:22 AM
    I am just a plain old Civil Engineer and haven't done any TA or voodoo, but, . . . . . . . .

My gut feel tells me both the shorts and the longs are pushing this down as low as they can so that:

1. The shorts can exit with the least amount of pain
    2. The longs can scoop up really cheap shares.

Before the ER.

Now I have to go consult my chicken bones.
    rarsen, Bugmapper, lcjr and 6 others like this.
    06-12-13 09:28 AM
    of course Samsung has much more to lose than Blackberry, Blackberry can only gain, did they have BB10's before?
    How much each "has to lose" is relative. They are in two different leagues and hard to compare. Blackberry does not have to compete with Samsung to be relevant!
    06-12-13 09:31 AM
113,256 ... 12511252125312541255 ...