View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Damn, BBRY! We are so overdue for a rally! This has to go up some time!

Here is the chart for the past 6 months to see the overall picture. This looks like the cycle of the pennant is about to be done. You can see the 3 major cycles. The last 2 cycles end with a minor uptrend, and followed by a minor downtrend. I think, we are in doing the minor downtrend. Look at the volume as well. Today volume was so little.

We are still oversold, MACD is about to cross up, volume is decreasing drastically. After hours of today held at $13.60. What is next? I don't know; a rally to $18 - $20 maybe with the reason of ER anticipation. *sigh*

Attachment 170972
    Agree 100%, it may or may not be a large scale up trend but we are due. Thanks for the effort on these too, much appreciated.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-11-13 08:21 PM
    Damn, BBRY! We are so overdue for a rally! This has to go up some time!Here is the chart for the past 6 months to see the overall picture. This looks like the cycle of the pennant is about to be done. You can see the 3 major cycles. The last 2 cycles end with a minor uptrend, and followed by a minor downtrend. I think, we are in doing the minor downtrend. Look at the volume as well. Today volume was so little.We are still oversold, MACD is about to cross up, volume is decreasing drastically. After hours of today held at $13.60. What is next? I don't know; a rally to $18 - $20 maybe with the reason of ER anticipation. *sigh*Attachment 170972
    I said this back in May. We are in a longer, deeper news drought than March and April. It can only get worse if the drought continues. However, I think that a profit warning will prime things perfectly.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-11-13 08:27 PM
    I said this back in May. We are in a longer, deeper news drought than March and April. It can only get worse if the drought continues. However, I think that a profit warning will prime things perfectly.
    Friday would be the last day for them to issue one if they were going too. From what I saw online, 2 weeks or more before the earnings a warning is released.
    matthewriedle likes this.
    06-11-13 08:32 PM
    Nope, Prem Watsa gets one vote, and so do you, so you can vote against him and cancel him out.
    Unless Prem sold a bunch of shares lately, or leafs123 is extremely rich, Prem gets about 70 bazillion more votes than leafs123 does.

One vote per share.

Go for the show/learning/entertainment/networking, but don't go planning to cast a vote.

Most or all of us are probably what's called "beneficial shareholders" anyway, which means your shares aren't even registered with RIM so you won't be actually casting a vote at the AGM. You'll use the proxy forms or some online system or another to tell your broker how you'd like them to vote your shares for you. See What is a beneficial shareholder? for MSC_Industrial_Direct_Company (MSM) for example.
    06-11-13 08:35 PM
    Friday would be the last day for them to issue one if they were going too. From what I saw online, 2 weeks or more before the earnings a warning is released.
    I have a six pack of virtual beers that says they don't put out anything before the ER.
    06-11-13 08:36 PM
    This is worth it just for the comments,...sorry if posted a few days ago:

What the investor shorting strategy could mean for BlackBerry - Business Blog, Need to know - Macleans.ca
    lcjr, bungaboy and Acumenight like this.
    06-11-13 08:38 PM
    Unless Prem sold a bunch of shares lately, or leafs123 is extremely rich, Prem gets about 70 bazillion more votes than leafs123 does.

One vote per share.

Go for the show/learning/entertainment/networking, but don't go planning to cast a vote.

Most or all of us are probably what's called "beneficial shareholders" anyway, which means your shares aren't even registered with RIM so you won't be actually casting a vote at the AGM. You'll use the proxy forms or some online system or another to tell your broker how you'd like them to vote your shares for you. See What is a beneficial shareholder? for MSC_Industrial_Direct_Company (MSM) for example.
    I was kidding, I hoped everyone would have got that. Sorry if I caused anyone to make unnecessary travel plans.
    06-11-13 08:39 PM
    I was kidding, I hoped everyone would have got that. Sorry if I caused anyone to make unnecessary travel plans.
    Lol no, didn't affect my plans. I really had no idea and didn't have the drive to research it lol.

Thanks peter9477. Like you said, I am going for the reasons you listed.
    06-11-13 08:43 PM
    If I had over $100,000 invested, I would go too. Takes money to make money though. I hope those that do go share their experiences with the rest of us when you have time.
    06-11-13 08:49 PM
    I hope that they do. There's nothing else going on until ER unless carriers start saying how well they're selling. It's not a good way to manage a SP. So little factual information. Best case is it should shake the weak hands.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    06-11-13 08:56 PM
    Anyway, back to more important things. I think Kevin from CB needs to get some undercover and off the record input from the board members. There's got to be a way BB can relay a positive or negative sentiment for us even though we are low on the totem pole. Thoughts?? I mean it's one thing to be on the board and know what's going on and another to be a small supporter sinking deeper into the ibis with no news between ERs. For those saying this is a 3-5 year investment, 1 is gone and we're still at the same price. Not being negative, just like knowing things. I'm a professional planner and operations officer so this is really eating me up.
    06-11-13 09:02 PM
    Thread reading tuneage.

lcjr likes this.
    06-11-13 09:04 PM
    Nope, Prem Watsa gets one vote, and so do you, so you can vote against him and cancel him out.
    Thought it was 1 vote per share? :-)
    06-11-13 09:04 PM
    Thread reading tuneage.

Thank you!! That goes perfect as I jump in and out of the pool drinking some good beer and hanging with you guys. I love this song!!
    06-11-13 09:08 PM
    Anyway, back to more important things. I think Kevin from CB needs to get some undercover and off the record input from the board members. There's got to be a way BB can relay a positive or negative sentiment for us even though we are low on the totem pole. Thoughts?? I mean it's one thing to be on the board and know what's going on and another to be a small supporter sinking deeper into the ibis with no news between ERs. For those saying this is a 3-5 year investment, 1 is gone and we're still at the same price. Not being negative, just like knowing things. I'm a professional planner and operations officer so this is really eating me up.
    Military guys...need to control everything. Learn to feel the universe around you and enjoy the chaos.

(Feel the same - just yanking your chain )
    lcjr, Shanerredflag and rarsen like this.
    06-11-13 09:09 PM
    Not to worry lcjr, if there was a board re-org or worse...COE replacement that would be worrisome. As this stands I think we are fine (just my two cents)...I have included a one year chart...its hard to wait for these stocks to recover...and please remember if BB does make it they will be one of only a very small percentage that do...hence the short play's and the huge up side for us:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg

Stay strong...hard but necessary.
    06-11-13 09:15 PM
    Military guys...need to control everything. Learn to feel the universe around you and enjoy the chaos.

(Feel the same - just yanking your chain )
    Can't have chaos man. My wife dislikes how in control I have to be. Unfortunately, with this stuff we're all at the mercy of fate. You guys keep me in check though. Reel me back in when I'm out there. Man I appreciate you guys and this thread.
    06-11-13 09:17 PM
    Not to worry lcjr, if there was a board re-org or worse...COE replacement that would be worrisome. As this stands I think we are fine (just my two cents)...I have included a one year chart...its hard to wait for these stocks to recover...and please remember if BB does make it they will be one of only a very small percentage that do...hence the short play's and the huge up side for us:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	715 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	170996

Stay strong...hard but necessary.
    Yep, I have to keep looking back at these charts to keep perspective. Sorry guys, but I'm not built to just wing it and trust in faith. Every now and then I need facts and to hear something from the company between ERs. Just the way I am. For those that don't know me, I'm not pessimistic and I know BB will be a huge success, but I'm a planner and operator so I need facts now and then. That is all, carry on. Hahaha.
    06-11-13 09:24 PM
    And a good night to all:

bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    06-11-13 09:25 PM
    And a good night to all:

Awesome!
    06-11-13 09:32 PM
    Yep, I have to keep looking back at these charts to keep perspective. Sorry guys, but I'm not built to just wing it and trust in faith. Every now and then I need facts and to hear something from the company between ERs. Just the way I am. For those that don't know me, I'm not pessimistic and I know BB will be a huge success, but I'm a planner and operator so I need facts now and then. That is all, carry on. Hahaha.
    I know your not... no one knows for sure what will happen (other than the billion dollar banks shorting...and even they don't because they are wrong) but we are likely in for some good news in a couple weeks...I venture to say that this thread and the great people on it know more and scour the planet for clues better than 99% of all analysts. We may not package it in a nice binder and call it an investment thesis but the info is here and mostly points to positive info in the ER. Will it be "mind blowing"...likely better than most expected is my conclusion.

Feel your pain but I just do not see TH and his crew leaving Prem and the others out to hang dry.
    lcjr, plasmid_boy, fedakd and 4 others like this.
    06-11-13 09:36 PM
    This guys coming to the party too:

06-11-13 09:44 PM
    I know your not... no one knows for sure what will happen (other than the billion dollar banks shorting...and even they don't because they are wrong) but we are likely in for some good news in a couple weeks...I venture to say that this thread and the great people on it know more and scour the planet for clues better than 99% of all analysts. We may not package it in a nice binder and call it an investment thesis but the info is here and mostly points to positive info in the ER. Will it be "mind blowing"...likely better than most expected is my conclusion.

Feel your pain but I just do not see TH and his crew leaving Prem and the others out to hang dry.
    Thanks brother. I keep listening to that Kid Rock song on the patio and let my imagination free. It's good to unwind now and then and I guess tonight is my night. Any late night owls want to respond ill be here for a bit. Just need to de-stress some.
    06-11-13 09:57 PM
    I hear ya...kind of thought when the stock tumbled in January that we were in for a ride, guess for once I was correct haha.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-11-13 10:05 PM
    I guess most folks are in bed now. After tomorrow they'll be just 11 trading days left before the cards are laid out on the table.
    plane6065 and take99 like this.
    06-11-13 10:13 PM
113,256 ... 12491250125112521253 ...