View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    We clearly broke out of the downtrend line in the last few days. We're hitting the downward trendline and there seems to be slight resistance, but it looks like we can continue up. The real resistance will come at the 50dma, but we probably won't hit that until next week if there is no news.
    The uptrend line is very weak right now, so any news can make or break this trend.

I totally regret not selling when it was at $15. I was pretty sure it was going to trend down but I held since I'm long. I'm pretty sure it will continue to go up, but I think I'm going to stop pumping money into this in case things go bad. With iOS 7 out, the gap between BB10 and iOS has been bridged and BlackBerry has lost some of it's cool gestures and multitasking advantage.
    Not sure what "cool" swiping features you feel they have now that we've had to ourselves. They still have to double tap the home button to bring up their open apps, they can only look back into their message cue from within an open message, and who cares about what direction you swipe in to unlock your phone. As for your chart, you need to redraw the uptrend line as we stayed out of that territory for a few days. It is not as weak as you make it out to be and there has been strong support for the last 3 sessions at the 5-dma. Each day this has tested and bounced off. With such little volume, I feel we've been doing quite well moving upward in steps. As for news, yes... you are totally correct but this has always been the case. News trumps TA and will move the stock especially with the volume we've been having. It's the quiet period before ER and both sides are waiting to hear, what they hope to be, good news. We will no doubt hear something from the bears and will also have more than one red day between now and then but the fact that we have broken the downward channel that we were stuck in is good news. According to your drawing, we are still in it but according to what I see, we hit the top on Thursday and on Friday, the top of the channel was our LOD.

Disclaimer..... I don't really know what it all means but am learning. I don't know if all my terminology is correct either but hey, I'm trying
    06-10-13 07:18 PM
    Personally I think TA is like reading tea leaves but is effective solely because so many of you look at it. Anyways, it's interesting. Welcome back M+8. Glad you are okay. Now let's all make some money!
    06-10-13 07:32 PM
    Personally I think TA is like reading tea leaves but is effective solely because so many of you look at it. Anyways, it's interesting. Welcome back M+8. Glad you are okay. Now let's all make some money!
    Ditto. As I've been absent for a few weeks (but following the posts and the program nonetheless) it's refreshing to see some optimism back in the threads. Rather than getting banned for citing some of the ridiculous bi-polar posting that was more than evident from some (and for what reason, I just don't understand......nothing better to do that sit and contradict yourself all day???), I just kept my mouth shut. But I was thinking about most of you good people and especially Morgan.

Here's to a good run up to the end of the month and here's to my favorite contributor getting back in the game!!
    06-10-13 07:45 PM
    Im not worried about the ER. As i've learned the last 2 weeks this stock can be like the weather, sure it just rained for 2 weeks. One day was SUPER HEAVY!! But the last couple days it looks like the sun is coming out. When I saw the rain come down hard the day where we lost 4% for no reason. THATS when I thought to myself hmm everyone is preparing for another month of rain. So ill take a look outside and see for myself once the HEAVY RAIN stops (I bought) Then I was happy because the Heavy Rain stopped and things looked to improve to a drizzle. The next few days it was cloudy but the sun did come out abit over those few days. Everyone still seemed to worry about the rain.

I felt like the bit of sun was nice and I should prepare for a really sunny day so I bought some more.

If we sold 1 million in a month from basically 2 countries. I bet between Canada and UK they probably sold at least 2.5 this quarter. USA should be at least a million overall. Remember their population is HUGE. So we are already at 3.5 million on a low forecast. Add in the rest of the world maybe 2 million on the low side and we are at 5.5! hmm ill stick with that as my final number on the low.
    06-10-13 07:51 PM
    Welcome back M+8, happy to hear that you're on the mend. Glad to see the movement upward, albeit much slower than I'd prefer. The question I have right now is are we getting ready to break out to the upside or are we completing a bear flag that could first see us slip later this week? Any thoughts? I think we could pull back a little first and then soar.
    plane6065 likes this.
    06-10-13 09:21 PM
    Just got back from dinner and the topic came up about iOS7...I stayed quite for once !! The gist of the conversion ended with everyone calling the new Apple OS training wheels for BB...lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 09:39 PM
    Probably bogus but interesting none the less

Who is backing the short side? - BlackBerry - bb
    06-10-13 09:45 PM
    Sounds like it is all window-dressing to me. I'm sure it will look different to the consumer...'fresh'... but I'm sure it is 98% the same underlying code. They still don't have BB level security, MDM solution, Work/Personal Balance feature, NOC/network, QNX integration into vehicles, medical, industrial equipment, and they still only have one phone. Meh. They can have their ipods too.
    Agree. Plus it's easy to make these things look good in a staged event. We'll see how functional it is when the rubber hits the road! The changes to the UI may not perform in real world. I guess this is like an ios skin. Not a new OS, big difference.
    I congratulate them for making changes, I laugh at their hypocrisy and ability to copy!
    Bottom line this resembles a digging in pattern wile BlackBerry is on the march!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dapper37; 06-10-13 at 11:43 PM.
    06-10-13 09:50 PM
    so if the shares are loaned out then we dont get to vote? the person its been loaned too gets my vote? da F
    I hate to break it to you, but even if you controlled the shares, your vote would count for nothing.

As would the votes of everyone else reading this. Combined.

Unless Prem is here too.

(Hi Prem!)
    matthewriedle and bungaboy like this.
    06-10-13 10:12 PM
    kk you got me !!!!! it's me Prem just touching base here on CB was interested in experiencing the wonderful world of CB
    peter9477 and bungaboy like this.
    06-10-13 10:22 PM
    As for your chart, you need to redraw the uptrend line as we stayed out of that territory for a few days.
    If you look really closely at the closing price. We closed on the line on two days and were just under on one of the days. Sure, we can get all technical about where the line should be, but TA isn't an exact science in the first place. :P
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry.jpg  
    06-10-13 10:29 PM
    I was actually thinking of learning up on stocks by reading books. Care to recommend me any? I'm a noob, but reading ya'll comments has taught me enough to make an investment in BBRY and an oil company.
    Don't kill me for it. But Jim Cramers, Real Money is one of the best for a beginner. No joke even though he has turned into one. Before fame went to his head he was spot on and did what he could to educate beginners.

Posted via CB10
    La Emperor, FastLane228 and CDM76 like this.
    06-10-13 11:20 PM
    06-10-13 11:29 PM
    What is it about $14 that is so difficult to go back too? Is there anything special that I am missing? we were well above it for a while, then inch down below and every time we get close to it or go above we are pushed back under.

Why are shorts fighting it so hard? Is $13.xx our new true low? Usually we drift around much more than this, going lower or higher. I know ppl may say its support. But i have seen us get blown out of our support levels many times before this year.

I am curious because is it shorts doing this that may be deafly scared of the Q10?
    bungaboy and FastLane228 like this.
    06-11-13 12:25 AM
    If you look really closely at the closing price. We closed on the line on two days and were just under on one of the days. Sure, we can get all technical about where the line should be, but TA isn't an exact science in the first place. :P
    I think what CJ meant is to draw a new trend line that touches only the early March low and the new low made in early June. That would be a valid trend line too (that line would no longer touch the low near April 22). The more time a trend line spans, the more significant it tends to be. Thus, I like the more conservative trend line proposed by CJ--a trend line that would be angled slightly more horizontal than the one you have drawn.

Either way, it looks like we're keeping above your trend line and the proposed new trend line. The next milestone is to close above $14. If the past few days of modest gains continues, we could do that as soon as tomorrow...
    Acumenight, jxnb, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    06-11-13 12:32 AM
    Here's my chart:

Daily chart: we managed to break out of the first downtrend pennant (red lines), and have been in a parallel trend lines (red and green) since the past few days, after hitting bottom. I think, there is still more power to this, before a retrace based on the stoch. rsi, macd, and rsi. Let's see, where the price would be, when the stoch. rsi reach the top, and the macd as well. $14.50 is still the goal for this week.

Get well soon, Morgan!

06-11-13 01:51 AM
    06-11-13 04:04 AM
    Yes, my understanding is that voice calls go through versions NOC and would be available to the NSA. (How crazy does this sound). Data goes through BB's NOC and are secure. Not 100% though.
    06-11-13 04:37 AM
    I think what CJ meant is to draw a new trend line that touches only the early March low and the new low made in early June. That would be a valid trend line too (that line would no longer touch the low near April 22). The more time a trend line spans, the more significant it tends to be. Thus, I like the more conservative trend line proposed by CJ--a trend line that would be angled slightly more horizontal than the one you have drawn.

Either way, it looks like we're keeping above your trend line and the proposed new trend line. The next milestone is to close above $14. If the past few days of modest gains continues, we could do that as soon as tomorrow...
    Yes the trend has flattened further since the first launch in January. These news droughts are a real killer. The June ER should correct this but it sure would be nice to have a positive catalyst before the ER. Somewhere near $16 would be better going into the ER in my opinion.
    YangFui likes this.
    06-11-13 05:04 AM
    BlackBerry Poised For A Volatile Month - Seeking Alpha

This article seems to capture the uncertainty that investors may have regarding BBRY right now and explains part of the reason for the low volume.
    06-11-13 06:22 AM
    Apple have done a great job marketing iOS 7.

They are on every news channel today with the headline : largest refresh to any mobile OS ever.

Obviously going from BlackBerry OS to BlackBerry 10 didn't count!

This is where apples power lies, they still have the ability to create a sensational hype out of almost nothing.

This is what BlackBerry lacks at the moment.

They have a great product with good features,but people still think of BlackBerry as BlackBerry OS with battery pulls and spinning clock.

Marathon not a sprint!

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 06:30 AM
    Looks like it is going to be a bad day on the world and USA markets. Glad that BBRY does not follow the markets for the most part.

Today will be a good test for that!
    Shanerredflag and peter9477 like this.
    06-11-13 06:42 AM
    I still think Android and Blackberry owners team up against Apple which works well for us. Because Android has soo many phones when it comes time to get a new one, I don't think the O/S is glued into your head as much as iOS. Which means some Android users would probably consider BB10 because the O/S is pretty decent overall.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-11-13 06:46 AM
    BlackBerry Poised For A Volatile Month - Seeking Alpha

This article seems to capture the uncertainty that investors may have regarding BBRY right now and explains part of the reason for the low volume.
    I still don't see how anyone can think that there's only 3 million sold yet that's "the line in the sand". They shipped 1 million Z10's in one month so we should be able to conclude that they should have done similar numbers for the Q10 for consumers. Enterprise is a different story of which is too hard to guess. Also, with the Z10 being available in 35 more countries for the majority of the quarter, I think 2 million is a vastly conservative number. With 40 countries carrying the Z, at 2 million units sold, that's only 50,000 units per country for the entire quarter. Now I understand that some countries have that as the entire population but it's still a low low number.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 06:46 AM
    Apple have done a great job marketing iOS 7.

Posted via CB10
    $cash is king, apple gives out more to the media.

Did anyone really think BlackBerry was going to be living in a bubble after launching BB10. The market pushes forward. BlackBerry will do the same.

Apple has yet to release ios7
    Sure the hype machine is in full swing.
    I'm just not that impressed yet.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 06:50 AM
113,250 ... 12401241124212431244 ...