1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    iOS7 is a very small concern.

Top concerns for BB:

1. big name apps
    2. US market share / media bashing. Combine this with all of the iOS and Android loving Verizon and ATT reps telling every customer blackberry is going bankrupt or the phones are crap.

Unless the non US market can make up for the lack of US uptake for unit sales (if we want to sell 33M+ units this year total BB10/BB7) then THESE TWO are what I am worried about.
    Dapper37 likes this.
    06-10-13 02:34 PM
    I agree with go hand, sometimes we are a bit heavy on the Kool aid. We need to be able to consider that our decision to invest in BlackBerry was wrong.

I own and run a number of businesses and the one thing that I have learned is that it is an ever changing landscape, you have to constantly adapt to these changes.

Agreed that there was nothing mind blowing in this, but they have definitely brought themselves up to date with the other OSes on the market.

They will probably stop some of the hemoraging towards BlackBerry.

by the time this comes out we should be hitting 10.2 with the aristo.

On the consumer, the other thing that I am confident of is that BlackBerry should have a 5 year plan now with a clear target. I think apple are getting to the stage where their plan is to just keep up with everyone else.

For me I do not see this as a huge problem for BlackBerry. Bb was never to do with the consumer market for me. It is corporate, enterprise, mdm and m2m. They still seem to be in control of this.

What are your thoughts...

Posted via CB10
    That is true but I think what you may be overlooking is the market wants BB to succeed to some extend in the consumer market. Factor out consumer growth and you won't like the share price.
    06-10-13 02:34 PM
    So... back to the SP.

We've tested $14 twice (thrice?) in the last 2 days. Are we setting up to punch through tomorrow to $14.50?
    06-10-13 02:35 PM
    BB broke 50 DMA earlier and is pushing against the 5 DMA.
    06-10-13 02:36 PM
    iOS7 is a very small concern.

Top concerns for BB:

1. big name apps
    2. US market share / media bashing. Combine this with all of the iOS and Android loving Verizon and ATT reps telling every customer blackberry is going bankrupt or the phones are crap.

Unless the non US market can make up for the lack of US uptake for unit sales (if we want to sell 33M+ units this year total BB10/BB7) then THESE TWO are what I am worried about.
    Everything the competitor does is a concern to BlackBerry. What they do affects whether they stay relevant and a leader. App developers develop for winners, not losers. If i'm Netflix or Instagram I look at where the money is. The money isn't at BlackBerry.

Everyone is raving about how consumer market isn't important for BlackBerry, well if you want all those big name apps then it better be because that's how they are going to get there is if there is consumer demand on BlackBerry for those appls and consumer demand for BlackBerry devices to support it.

2 is also important but that isn't going to change unless competitions screws up a lot to the point where BB comes back on the radar as the innovator.
    CDM76 likes this.
    06-10-13 02:37 PM
    That is true but I think what you may be overlooking is the market wants BB to succeed to some extend in the consumer market. Factor out consumer growth and you won't like the share price.
    Consumer growth...even retention is a wild card too. The Q5 will probably be a $400 phone. Will enough EM blackberry users stay with BB over a cheap $100 Android?
    06-10-13 02:38 PM
    Surprised the Q5 is �350 - was thinking �250 tops.
    06-10-13 02:45 PM
    Great day overall!!! Got some more at $14.17 TSX AND....

The IOS7 Really nothing that amazing. Sure the fanboys will have fun for a few days but really!!! This is great news. Take the Galaxy 3, Amazing phone. Then go to the Galaxy 4 which is an upgrade, but nothing to blow everyone out of the water. Even if its GOOD its still within range of everyone else.

Also IOS7 might be ok, but again it's not the MUST Have phone. In reality if The Galaxy 4 were better or IOS7 because its Apple really could have done something special we would have been in trouble. But now they just release something newer but not that great.

I LOVE IT!!!

I feel like our stock might actually start picking up because of this great IOS news today!!
    06-10-13 02:50 PM
    Everything the competitor does is a concern to BlackBerry. What they do affects whether they stay relevant and a leader. App developers develop for winners, not losers. If i'm Netflix or Instagram I look at where the money is. The money isn't at BlackBerry.

Everyone is raving about how consumer market isn't important for BlackBerry, well if you want all those big name apps then it better be because that's how they are going to get there is if there is consumer demand on BlackBerry for those appls and consumer demand for BlackBerry devices to support it.

2 is also important but that isn't going to change unless competitions screws up a lot to the point where BB comes back on the radar as the innovator.
    Most of us believe that BlackBerry is creating its own market.

I for one, am excited about the Automotive, Healthcare/and M2M market. If BB owns this and is interacting with all OSes while earning a fee, let them have their iPhones and Androids.

I wonder if the 5s will come preloaded with BBM?

I wonder if, now that iMessage has audio over wifi "only", people will truly see how far ahead BBM really is.

Anyway, even though the roadmap has not been clearly defined to the point that we can see everything that is in the making, I do believe that BlackBerry is in the process of something great and is waiting for an oppurtune time to let us know. Maybe now that all the big events MWC/IO/WWDC for the competition are over we may get some clearer information?

I do agree with not ignoring the competition. However, I don't believe that the end goal of BlackBerry is Smartphones, Laptops and MP3 players.
    06-10-13 02:53 PM
    Would be very happy to close right here!
    06-10-13 02:55 PM
    Does anyone in this thread see that BBRY (+.58%) is up and all the other phone companies are down? What does that tell you what investors think? They would've abandoned ship. So what if AAPL copied almost all of BB10, then a piece of WebOS, Windows and Android (lol). They've did it before and will do it again. That's to be expected when you're a threat like BlackBerry. They didn't mention BBRY Or MSFT (-.70%). Only Android, LG, Motorola and HTC (which only one is competition and they all use Android). What people are missing on the business side is that AAPL is losing their power with the Carriers.

Today AT&T announced a 2 year upgrade cycle on the iPhone. Get this, isn't their obligations to iPhone ending soon. Then Verizon is next. Sprint and T-Mobile have some time left. But with the carrier support that BlackBerry has in the US (and BlackBerry marching to their tune right now), BlackBerry is in the game. MSFT, GOOGL, then AAPL are a future problems, in that order. 10.2 (Jellybean) update will fix the App gap. BlackBerry is moving into the software business heavy. They're a cash cow over there. Security is the future with the Cyber War games. Nobody else can compete. Not even Windows, but they're a close second.

Posted via my White Z10
    06-10-13 02:55 PM
    I LOVE IT!!!

I feel like our stock might actually start picking up because of this great IOS news today!!
    Well, it is comforting to know that Blackberry, after being behind several years in software development, has software that is on par with Apple and Google at the worst.

As much as Blackberry has caught up, they have to continue innovating like there is no tomorrow to differentiate the brand from the competition. Trust is something that will take several development cycles for Blackberry to regain with consumers.
    06-10-13 02:56 PM
    BB is sitting a hair above both 5 & 50.

Edit: appears BBRY is in a similar position. Edit 2.0: BBRY dipped back below 5 DMA in the last minute.

Also, BBM Channels has ridiculous potential. Particularly once it goes cross-platform.
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-10-13 02:56 PM
    Gohan, agreed Sp would look very different if the OS were to catch on majorly in the consumer market.

Based on my model even without it we are grossly undervalued now. That's why I am not so concerned with it.

You argument for the apps is true though. Top apps will more likely come when the numbers and money come.

If we get consumer traction aswell , that 100 dollar party shouldn't be too far off.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-10-13 02:57 PM
    Huum....it appears what ever Apple was pitching today didn't do much for AAPL
    bungaboy and BlackistheBerry like this.
    06-10-13 02:59 PM
    No doubt the new line of iPhones loaded with iOS 7 will sell in the millions, and yes, BlackBerry should have been watching today's event. However, work is still yet to be done in Waterloo and we're yet to see that in the remaining months that are left in 2013 and some of us seem to forget that. You really think Thorsten had his feet up with a cigar in his mouth straight after Jan 30th? Not even today, probably.

Some of us (myself included) lose track and sight of things and begin to wonder elsewhere, coming up with all sorts of theories, but we need to remind ourselves why we bought BBRY shares and why you support the company.

Change is coming, (it's almost here)....the Z and Q10 are available, aren't they?
    bungaboy and Dapper37 like this.
    06-10-13 03:00 PM
    Surprised the Q5 is �350 - was thinking �250 tops.
    It seems BlackBerry is abandoning the low end.
    06-10-13 03:03 PM
    BB is sitting a hair above both 5 & 50.

Edit: appears BBRY is in a similar position.

Also, BBM Channels has ridiculous potential. Particularly once it goes cross-platform.
    Was just reading some messages from the apple event and some people were hoping apple would announce a BBM-like service. Just anecdotal, but still gave me a smile to read it. We do have an advantage there!
    06-10-13 03:04 PM
    Good!.... Let Lenovo build 'em!
    06-10-13 03:05 PM
    No doubt the new line of iPhones loaded with iOS 7 will sell in the millions, and yes, BlackBerry should have been watching today's event. However, work is still yet to be done in Waterloo and we're yet to see that in the remaining months that are left in 2013 and some of us seem to forget that. You really think Thorsten had his feet up with a cigar in his mouth straight after Jan 30th? Not even today, probably.

Some of us (myself included) lose track and sight of things and begin to wonder elsewhere, coming up with all sorts of theories, but we need to remind ourselves why we bought BBRY shares and why you support the company.

Change is coming, (it's almost here)....the Z and Q10 are available, aren't they?
    Spot on. One of BBRY biggest shareholders Prem W is looking at this as a 3-5 year investment. This man is not stupid, he knows whats coming. We have only just begun. Patience is the name of the game if you are invested in BBRY. People don't seem to have much of that these days??
    bungaboy, rarsen and matthewriedle like this.
    06-10-13 03:05 PM
    Well another small gain. That's 4 in a row. We don't need to gap up but to just continue the upward movement. Still 2.5 weeks till the ER so lots can happen yet in anticipation

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 03:06 PM
    Nope! Q5 is mid-tier. Didn't you listen to Thor or Frank?
    matthewriedle likes this.
    06-10-13 03:11 PM
    I think our stock today was built up abit and then it dropped off because of the whole APPLE thing and thankfully I put in a limit order. But once they started to realize that this wasn't a must have money started coming back into the stock.

I feel like the ones leaving Apple are the younger crowd. So the people with the money investing still think Apple is the hottest thing!!! They haven't realized the trends have moved on to Samsung. It's like getting excited for Windows 8 when 7 was fine. Sure some might like Windows 8 but people want the same O/S but nicer.
    06-10-13 03:13 PM
    We have only just begun. Patience is the name of the game if you are invested in BBRY. People don't seem to have much of that these days??
    Most people who come here to rant simply do so to avoid the alternative -- selling off and losing money through their emotional swings.

But frankly, I wish they would read some investment books and learn to put their emotions aside.
    06-10-13 03:17 PM

But frankly, I wish they would read some investment books and learn to put their emotions aside.
    I was actually thinking of learning up on stocks by reading books. Care to recommend me any? I'm a noob, but reading ya'll comments has taught me enough to make an investment in BBRY and an oil company.
    06-10-13 03:20 PM
113,250 ... 12381239124012411242 ...