View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    It's over. I saw this event as a concern for a bear raid but there wasn't enough in it to latch on to.

I call this a win.

Next concern....DOD MDM decision.
    Look at apple stock as of the event end.....tells a story.
    06-10-13 02:14 PM
    I would say this is more of an exception than rule as I know 4-5 people with new S4 units and they have worked perfectly. Mine has operated without a glitch but was not for me.
    Don't know if that is the case. Charles just quoted late last week about friend who was returning one for 3rd or 4th time. Lots of negative chatter on interwebs too.
    06-10-13 02:15 PM
    We knew that Apple would have to bring something as iOS was getting 'stale'. Yes they did. But nothing innovative really. Actually one of the best things I like is that activation lock to deter theft as the device would be useless even after a full wipe (but I'm sure that can be hacked around). If can't be hacked, then I really like that.

Did apple improve the crappy keyboard and crappy auto-correct? I don't think they did anything there. That would have been a HUGE improvement IMO.

Task switching is better. Activation lock. I didn't see much else.

Even notifications from the homescreen without unlocking is a NON secure feature for corporations. Unless that can be turned off that could be a problem.
    So naive. You analyze the situation from the perspective of a BlackBerry user vs an iOS user. Biggest mistake you can do.

Any users on IOS6 right now will likely stay as IOS7 hit all the right notes to keep them busy. That's the concern. Doesn't matter if its groundbreaking to a BB user, we aren't the people that affect IOS and that they are targetting. They are saying "HEY STAY WITH IOS" or "COME BACK FROM ANDROID".
    plasmid_boy and Acumenight like this.
    06-10-13 02:15 PM
    Look at apple stock as of the event end.....tells a story.
    It's only down less than a percent. That's not what I would call worrisome.
    jrwb6e likes this.
    06-10-13 02:16 PM
    Sounds like it is all window-dressing to me. I'm sure it will look different to the consumer...'fresh'... but I'm sure it is 98% the same underlying code. They still don't have BB level security, MDM solution, Work/Personal Balance feature, NOC/network, QNX integration into vehicles, medical, industrial equipment, and they still only have one phone. Meh. They can have their ipods too.
    jrwb6e, plasmid_boy, zyben and 2 others like this.
    06-10-13 02:18 PM
    I don't think that's correct. There isn't an infinite amount of shares to be shorted.
    So can you point out any specific flaws in my theory? I didn't say infinite number of shares either, just that the available ones can be shorted repeatedly.

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    06-10-13 02:19 PM
    So naive. You analyze the situation from the perspective of a BlackBerry user vs an iOS user. Biggest mistake you can do.

Any users on IOS6 right now will likely stay as IOS7 hit all the right notes to keep them busy. That's the concern. Doesn't matter if its groundbreaking to a BB user, we aren't the people that affect IOS and that they are targetting. They are saying "HEY STAY WITH IOS" or "COME BACK FROM ANDROID".
    That's ok with me. I'm analyzing from the perspective of BB's target market - enterprise / business users. I think BB10 stays ahead of iOS7 for that market. Apple has not levelled the playing field there. They could have and that could have been very bad for BB.

Those who hate Apples keyboard still have a reason to switch out. iOS keyboard drives me crazy.

This is my analysis. I only want an 8% sales market share worldwide.
    06-10-13 02:19 PM
    Someone really needs to relax in this thread.
    m0de25, zyben, Acumenight and 3 others like this.
    06-10-13 02:21 PM
    Sounds like it is all window-dressing to me. I'm sure it will look different to the consumer...'fresh'... but I'm sure it is 98% the same underlying code. They still don't have BB level security, MDM solution, Work/Personal Balance feature, NOC/network, QNX integration into vehicles, medical, industrial equipment, and they still only have one phone. Meh. They can have their ipods too.
    At the end of the day it doesn't matter what this is. It will win over IOS6 users, it will maybe win over BB7 users and may even win over android users. And security is important but the average consumer isn't going to be all giddy about top of the line security.

BB needs to wake up and keep up.

Like I said as a neutral phone users open to all operating systems this puts me further away from BB10 as my next choice. That should be a concern to all of you because that's what's going through millions of users heads right now. Even worse then you consider i want a reason to come back to BB.
    06-10-13 02:21 PM
    That's ok with me. I'm analyzing from the perspective of BB's target market - enterprise / business users. I think BB10 stays ahead of iOS7 for that market. Apple has not levelled the playing field there. They could have and that could have been very bad for BB.

Those who hate Apples keyboard still have a reason to switch out. iOS keyboard drives me crazy.

Come on.... let's shoot for 10% !
    jrwb6e, dusdal, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    06-10-13 02:22 PM
    They did a really nice job in making the UI more visually beautiful and more modern looking. They added better multitasking than before and the email/messages app is more functional than before. There were a few other details that were nice but aside from "looking" fresh, it didn't give me any "wow that's cool" moments. I did really like the Mac Pro but I also don't have 5 grand to spend on a computer lol.
    matthewriedle likes this.

The more the iPhone improves the less enterprise market the phone will have period.
    Someone really needs to relax in this thread.
    Feel free to leave if you can't handle a debate.

I want BB to win but as a huge shareholder I have my concerns that I think a lot of people are overlooking.

Everyone seems to compensate with a lack of a better BB operating system with at least this company didn't do this or that. That shouldn't be how an OS survives.
    06-10-13 02:23 PM
    I sure hope Blackberry has some tricks up it's sleeve, sh!t just got real and BB better put in some long hours.
    Since launching BB10 they seem to be on vacation and come out of the wood work every now and then to make a daft comment and then go back in to hiding for a few more weeks.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    06-10-13 02:23 PM
    Come on.... let's shoot for 10% !
    8% for calendar Q3/Q4 2013. 15% next year
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    06-10-13 02:26 PM
    Yeah exactly, what are the limitations at the coding level.

Is there a point where continuously adding more features makes the code too cumbersome and complex.

That's what happened to BlackBerry OS, could this happen to iOS or android.

I don't know enough about coding.

Posted via CB10
    Good design should prevent headaches. Keeping things loosely coupled is key. Loosely coupled just means that functionality is compartmentalized well. But over time it is not sustainable and things will get more tightly coupled. Eventually it becomes unmaintainable.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with go hand, sometimes we are a bit heavy on the Kool aid. We need to be able to consider that our decision to invest in BlackBerry was wrong.

I own and run a number of businesses and the one thing that I have learned is that it is an ever changing landscape, you have to constantly adapt to these changes.

Agreed that there was nothing mind blowing in this, but they have definitely brought themselves up to date with the other OSes on the market.

They will probably stop some of the hemoraging towards BlackBerry.

by the time this comes out we should be hitting 10.2 with the aristo.

On the consumer, the other thing that I am confident of is that BlackBerry should have a 5 year plan now with a clear target. I think apple are getting to the stage where their plan is to just keep up with everyone else.

For me I do not see this as a huge problem for BlackBerry. Bb was never to do with the consumer market for me. It is corporate, enterprise, mdm and m2m. They still seem to be in control of this.

What are your thoughts...

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    Feel free to leave if you can't handle a debate.

I want BB to win but as a huge shareholder I have my concerns that I think a lot of people are overlooking.

Everyone seems to compensate with a lack of a better BB operating system with at least this company didn't do this or that. That shouldn't be how an OS survives.
    I generally don't care debating with people who use vulgar references towards others they don't agree with.
    06-10-13 02:27 PM
    So can you point out any specific flaws in my theory? I didn't say infinite number of shares either, just that the available ones can be shorted repeatedly.

Posted via CB10
    I think that theory has been published before and is basically plausible; however, there will be diminishing numbers of shares at some point as the loaned out shares get sold to people who don't loan them out again. Essentially no reason the market can't own 200-300% of a company if everybody loans out their shares and they get reshorted over and over.
    peter9477 likes this.
    06-10-13 02:27 PM
    Look how unpleasant this thread has become recently...what a shame!
    YangFui, Bilaal, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    06-10-13 02:29 PM
    Never owned a bbry phone yet but this seals it for me, no more iphone

'You can double-tap the home button to enter into multi-tasking mode, just like always'

You lost me at 'double tap'......
    At the end of the day it doesn't matter what this is. It will win over IOS6 users, it will maybe win over BB7 users and may even win over android users. And security is important but the average consumer isn't going to be all giddy about top of the line security.

BB needs to wake up and keep up.

Like I said as a neutral phone users open to all operating systems this puts me further away from BB10 as my next choice. That should be a concern to all of you because that's what's going through millions of users heads right now. Even worse then you consider i want a reason to come back to BB.
    I see your point that the UI changes might be enough to keep iOS6 users. But I also agree with others that there is nothing there that we need to worry about (there isn't anything there that is clearly superior and differentiating). I switched from iOS6 to BB10 for two things - BBM and the keyboard, so for like me, they would still go with BB10 over iOS7.
    bungaboy and matthewriedle like this.
    Hello everyone! I'm not able to post to the board just yet but I will be returning soon. I wanted to tell all of you how much your support has meant to me. We are just getting back to normal now and I'll post soon. Take care and please get this thing up to the 50-dma today! A quick look tells me that $ 14.00 is the pivot point for another run on the stock, the 5-dma looks like a rock again, for support. Got to go.
    Thanks for the update on yourself. Glad things are progressing.

FYI, in your absence you were named head cheerleader. LoL :-)

Looking forward to having you back with us.
    06-10-13 02:30 PM
    Less than half an hour to go and a few cents away from Morgan reaching his pivot point.
    06-10-13 02:34 PM
    Never owned a bbry phone yet but this seals it for me, no more iphone

'You can double-tap the home button to enter into multi-tasking mode, just like always'

You lost me at 'double tap'......
    Had my DROID for 2 years and I learned about double tap after I got my z10.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 02:34 PM
113,256 ... 12371238123912401241 ...