View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I just wonder how much longer iOS will exist as an operating system.

When does it reach its limits?

If I look at the major players now, it seems as though BlackBerry are the best positioned for the longer term.

They had a number of problem with iOS 6, I wonder how this will go.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 01:41 PM
    Komoto, are you talking about the coding behind iOS?
    06-10-13 01:42 PM
    They did listen. It looks much nicer.

Appears to take UI bits from Windows and BB10/WebOS.

Apple fans should be happy with the update from what little I have seen.
    gohan_bcc likes this.
    06-10-13 01:43 PM
    BBRY trying to make a case for 14+.
    06-10-13 01:43 PM
    I just wonder how much longer iOS will exist as an operating system.

When does it reach its limits?

If I look at the major players now, it seems as though BlackBerry are the best positioned for the longer term.

They had a number of problem with iOS 6, I wonder how this will go.

Posted via CB10
    I mean it's look good to me, they are using very similar concepts that bb10 has, I mean from a guy that has been bored of IOS for years I'm going to use a work iPhone for a few weeks to try this OS out and consider it as my next phone.
    06-10-13 01:44 PM
    Slide up to unlock like BB10. Same with the lockscreen.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bma1mrpcaaaeibs.png
    06-10-13 01:46 PM
    Things like this **** me off. The hypocrisy of Apple in full display today. Spend billions in suing others for copying, only to later do the same in full effect.
    06-10-13 01:47 PM
    Seriously???????? That is what Apple comes up with ? A BB10 clone?

Edit, they could have at least made it a swipe from a different direction!!!!
    06-10-13 01:48 PM
    Komoto, are you talking about the coding behind iOS?
    Yeah exactly, what are the limitations at the coding level.

Is there a point where continuously adding more features makes the code too cumbersome and complex.

That's what happened to BlackBerry OS, could this happen to iOS or android.

I don't know enough about coding.

Posted via CB10
    some stuff only available on iPhone 5. Good. Keep alienating 4 and 4s users for getting the goods.
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    some stuff only available on iPhone 5. Good. Keep alienating 4 and 4s users for getting the goods.
    You sound really bitter. This is no different then BB10 not being support on BB7. Get a grip
    Robinson7D likes this.
    06-10-13 01:50 PM
    Good news: Apple has fallen from innovation leader to copycater since Jobs' passing
    Bad news: Blackberry has to come up with new innovations to differentiate its OS from the competition (besides security)
    CDM76 likes this.
    06-10-13 01:52 PM
    I think the shorts were looking for some ground breaking innovation for iOS7 and it's not here. The only thing that can be written is Apple is stealing from BB10. That can make some people look at BB10.

Yes it's nicer. But nothing jaw dropping. Unless they demo screen sharing.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-10-13 01:53 PM
    You sound really bitter. This is no different then BB10 not being support on BB7. Get a grip
    Not bitter at all. BB10 is a different OS completely than BB7 it's not apples to apples. iOS is like windows iterations....same base code. I'm saying 'good' because I want Apple to keep pi$sing off it's customers and forcing upgrade...forcing new port connectors...
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-10-13 01:54 PM
    They just showed a car UI which looks like the BB10 call screen in the car. Guess BB made a good decision to show it.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-91k6x5p9p3x6.png
    06-10-13 01:55 PM
    I think the shorts were looking for some ground breaking innovation for iOS7 and it's not here. The only thing that can be written is Apple is stealing from BB10. That can make some people look at BB10.

Yes it's nicer. But nothing jaw dropping.
    The difference is Apple doesn't need jaw dropping. They just need to improve to a point where they matching or beating competitors.

Everyones in this thread is being to BB Fanboy to see the reality of the situation. This is another smack to BlackBerry to wake the f*ck up and get the ball rolling. Everyone referred to IOS as this boring lazy and uninventive OS. Well look they just added some great features that a lot of you guys here rave about on BlackBerry. What does that mean, it means it's not there to entice IOS users to switch to BB.

BB has and always needs to step up. IOS7 is a big improvement and a much needed one for IOS in the same way BB10 was to BB7. This is another wake up call that the competition isn't going to slow down and they are keeping eyes on everything big and small.
    Komoto and Acumenight like this.
    06-10-13 01:58 PM
    As an investor in Blackberry this worries me.

As a tech love this excites me.

It's bitter sweet
    Acumenight likes this.
    06-10-13 02:01 PM
    ^^^agree^^^...what we need to see very soon after or during the ER is a clear road map of their vision of mobile computing And M2M...that is this stocks salvation imho.

Posted via CB10
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    06-10-13 02:01 PM
    The difference is Apple doesn't need jaw dropping. They just need to improve to a point where they matching or beating competitors.
    He didn't say Apple needed jaw dropping. He said the shorts did.
    06-10-13 02:02 PM
    Slide up to unlock like BB10. Same with the lockscreen.
    Don't you mean like WP7? I mean you can't rag on Apple for copying it without noting that microsoft beat BB to that - everyone eventually copies any good feature.
    06-10-13 02:05 PM
    Don't you mean like WP7?
    I haven't used a WP7 so I don't know if it's the same. But the look of that is like BB10.
    06-10-13 02:08 PM

Everyones in this thread is being to BB Fanboy to see the reality of the situation. This is another smack to BlackBerry to wake the f*ck up and get the ball rolling. Everyone referred to IOS as this boring lazy and uninventive OS. Well look they just added some great features that a lot of you guys here rave about on BlackBerry. What does that mean, it means it's not there to entice IOS users to switch to BB.

BB has and always needs to step up. IOS7 is a big improvement and a much needed one for IOS in the same way BB10 was to BB7. This is another wake up call that the competition isn't going to slow down and they are keeping eyes on everything big and small.
    We knew that Apple would have to bring something as iOS was getting 'stale'. Yes they did. But nothing innovative really. Actually one of the best things I like is that activation lock to deter theft as the device would be useless even after a full wipe (but I'm sure that can be hacked around). If can't be hacked, then I really like that.

Did apple improve the crappy keyboard and crappy auto-correct? I don't think they did anything there. That would have been a HUGE improvement IMO.

Task switching is better. Activation lock. I didn't see much else.

Even notifications from the homescreen without unlocking is a NON secure feature for corporations. Unless that can be turned off that could be a problem.
    06-10-13 02:08 PM
    He didn't say Apple needed jaw dropping. He said the shorts did.
    Which is why the stock is up since iOS7 demo as far as I noticed.....
    06-10-13 02:10 PM
    I am curious what is next for Blackberry after 10.1. What new features and innovations will we see on the horizon? Thorsten knows the company still needs to innovate like there is no tomorrow to get ahead of the competition and reestablish trust in the market.
    06-10-13 02:10 PM
    It's over. I saw this event as a concern for a bear raid but there wasn't enough in it to latch on to.

I call this a win.

Next concern....DOD MDM decision.
    06-10-13 02:12 PM
113,252 ... 12361237123812391240 ...