Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    We shall see. Watching it now

Posted via CB10
    I'm getting a "Please check back soon" message on apple.com, is there a different link to watch?
    06-10-13 12:15 PM
    good to hear from you Morgan, your presence alone has rallied the stock!! I wonder what will happen when you are back for good

In response to someone's question. No matter how good the ER, there will be something the shorts will grab onto to prove that their position is correct.

It just depends on how big and substantial this.

For example the 3 mil loss of subs was big enough last time. Even if we lose subs again this quarter i dont care personally, the business model has changed. Hardware now produces high enough margin, they could drop half their subs and still operate at a profit. (not looked at figures, just making outrageous claims)
    I agree. In 2011? We were only at 55M subs and stock was flying. The MS report forecasted subs down to 55M by 2015/16 and still a $22 target on the stock with a pretty bearish case?

My question was more specifically, if there are no more shares to short, how can the bears push down the SP if the longs are happy with the ER numbers? How can the bears go 'all in' with a bear raid and cause fear, if there are no shares left to short? Can they just resell their short shares already out there to each other and push the SP down somehow that way?
    06-10-13 12:15 PM
    I'm getting a "Please check back soon" message on apple.com, is there a different link to watch?
    You have to use safari to watch

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 12:17 PM
    You have to use safari to watch

Posted via CB10
    Pretty archaic way doing it.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-10-13 12:18 PM
    Pretty archaic way doing it.
    Yep. Great way to reach out to others who may want to see what's coming up

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-10-13 12:20 PM
    We're in the red over at NASDAQ.
    06-10-13 12:22 PM
    It arrived in the mail Friday
    06-10-13 12:37 PM
    Hello everyone! I'm not able to post to the board just yet but I will be returning soon. I wanted to tell all of you how much your support has meant to me. We are just getting back to normal now and I'll post soon. Take care and please get this thing up to the 50-dma today! A quick look tells me that $ 14.00 is the pivot point for another run on the stock, the 5-dma looks like a rock again, for support. Got to go.
    Welcome back M8. This ship didn't feel the same without you.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-10-13 12:54 PM
    OK - something for the experienced traders to comment on.
    Caveat: I make no claim to merit that label. ;-)

Can the shorts still control the SP given there are not a lot of shares available to short? And by the ER I'm thinking they will be totally OUT / NO shares to short? How would they be able to push the SP down with good numbers and no shares left to short?
    As far as I know, when the shorts borrow the shares, and then sell them, those shares are now owned completely by the new buyer, and with no restrictions of any kind. That would mean those shares are available to be shorted again.

The shorts can't run out of shares to borrow, unless everyone who owns them refuses to loan them out. They could just keep borrowing the same shares over and over again (sort of, practically speaking) as long as the buyers are still willing to loan them out again.

It seems like a bit of insanity to me, but see my first statement above...
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-10-13 01:06 PM
    Not sure on the TA end of things, but there seems to be a significant psychological resistance at 14 for BBRY.
    06-10-13 01:06 PM
    Let's see what apple can bring to the table .

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 01:16 PM
    Decision is close....

DOD mobility pilots getting ready to move on to operational deployment -- Defense Systems

The Defense Department’s efforts to issue mobile devices to its civilian and uniformed personnel continue to take shape as multiple pilot programs mature and get ready to shift to initial operational deployments. After several years of tests and modifications, the Defense Information Systems Agency is about to acquire a mobile device management (MDM) system that will allow the services to more effectively and securely manage mobile devices across their networks.
    06-10-13 01:20 PM
    Not sure where Apple pull their 'stats' from....seem pretty shady. iPhone users use their iPhone 50% more than Android users (75 min vs 45 min / day I'm guessing).
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-10-13 01:23 PM
    Caveat: I make no claim to merit that label. ;-)

As far as I know, when the shorts borrow the shares, and then sell them, those shares are now owned completely by the new buyer, and with no restrictions of any kind. That would mean those shares are available to be shorted again.

The shorts can't run out of shares to borrow, unless everyone who owns them refuses to loan them out. They could just keep borrowing the same shares over and over again (sort of, practically speaking) as long as the buyers are still willing to loan them out again.

It seems like a bit of insanity to me, but see my first statement above...
    I don't think that's correct. There isn't an infinite amount of shares to be shorted.
    So innovative. Apple is now using a cards system for multi-tasking....

Edit: excuse the sarcasm..won't happen again. BBRY back in the green!
    bungaboy likes this.
    Decision is close....

DOD mobility pilots getting ready to move on to operational deployment -- Defense Systems

The Defense Department’s efforts to issue mobile devices to its civilian and uniformed personnel continue to take shape as multiple pilot programs mature and get ready to shift to initial operational deployments. After several years of tests and modifications, the Defense Information Systems Agency is about to acquire a mobile device management (MDM) system that will allow the services to more effectively and securely manage mobile devices across their networks.
    Lots of blackberries to be managed by MDM. Can fixmo handle blackberry devices effectively?
    06-10-13 01:26 PM
    IOS7 Is Looking Sharp. Big Improvements imo from the lazy boring older OS.
    06-10-13 01:29 PM
    I can't see it, anyone care to summarise?

Is this a game changer, should we be worried?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 01:31 PM
    IOS7 Is Looking Sharp. Big Improvements imo from the lazy boring older OS.
    It does look nice. So far the only question I have is how power hungry are the features so far. That home screen animation and the weather app animation look super cool but I wonder how logical it is

Edit - nevermind. Now they're talking about battery life.
    Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 01:32 PM
    So innovative. Apple is now using a cards system for multi-tasking....

Edit: excuse the sarcasm..won't happen again. BBRY back in the green!
    I saw a playbook UI like app switching 'cards' pane....is that about all it is adding?
    06-10-13 01:32 PM
    I see they copied the swipe right to "peek" into email and texing.. soo BB. Yes it looks better than current ios6.
    06-10-13 01:33 PM
    I think they have a bunch of apple employees at this event and tell them to be excited! nothing too exciting but they sure do make noise.
    06-10-13 01:34 PM
    I see they copied the swipe right to "peek" into email and texing.. soo BB. Yes it looks better than current ios6.
    Does BB have a patent on that? Would be good to get them shut down.
    06-10-13 01:36 PM
    I can't see it, anyone care to summarise?

Is this a game changer, should we be worried?

Posted via CB10
    I would say yes and no. I mean Apple listened, they knew what their OS was lacking and they have improved these things alot. They knew multi tasking and all these simple features that Android and BlackBerry offer were catching on so they followed up. It's easier to retain customers than it is to get new ones. Apple is going above that level and trying to reinvent itself as a company open to change.
    06-10-13 01:36 PM
    I think they have a bunch of apple employees at this event and tell them to be excited! nothing too exciting but they sure do make noise.
    I don't know about you but this is biggest update from any OS update they have ever had. They kept it simple but are adding a ton of much needed features, don't be blinded at how important these small things are going to be for Apple users.
    06-10-13 01:37 PM
113,256 ... 12351236123712381239 ...