View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hello everyone! I'm not able to post to the board just yet but I will be returning soon. I wanted to tell all of you how much your support has meant to me. We are just getting back to normal now and I'll post soon. Take care and please get this thing up to the 50-dma today! A quick look tells me that $ 14.00 is the pivot point for another run on the stock, the 5-dma looks like a rock again, for support. Got to go.
    Good to hear from you. Thanks for the message. I think that everyone here is as happy as I am to hear from you. Take care.
    06-10-13 10:52 AM
    I think the phone makers have run out of "WOW" features. Not much else we can ask with todays technology. I agree that the S4 is very close to the S3. The new features are just ginicks in my opinion. But the screen and buttery smooth operation of the S3/S4 are really nice. Not saying the Q10 is not nice but it does still need some work and Blackberry will keep on updating.
    I came for a S3. The browsers were often glitchy. The multitasking / switching of apps was good, but the BB10 is sooo much better IMO, especially when 'on the move' / driving I can switch back and forth among apps very easily vs Android.

For what I do, communications and browsing, I LOVE the Z10. I would not trade my Z10 for an S4.
    rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    06-10-13 10:53 AM
    Hello everyone! I'm not able to post to the board just yet but I will be returning soon. I wanted to tell all of you how much your support has meant to me. We are just getting back to normal now and I'll post soon. Take care and please get this thing up to the 50-dma today! A quick look tells me that $ 14.00 is the pivot point for another run on the stock, the 5-dma looks like a rock again, for support. Got to go.
    Fantastic! Looking forward to your complete recovery and your return to the thread.
    Wishing you and your family the best.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 10:54 AM
    Questions for you guys:

If I didn't get an AGM notice in the mail, would I be contacting my broker (CIBC) about it?

This is the first time for me and I'm not sure what to do. Thank!
    MasterMoe and bungaboy like this.
    06-10-13 10:56 AM
    We don't give a $h17 to the dma right now. We met our target already - big day !
    Now we can breathe; take care and be back soon !!!
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    06-10-13 10:57 AM
    Questions for you guys:
    If I didn't get an AGM notice in the mail, would I be contacting my broker (CIBC) about it?
    +1 here. May worth a trip to Canada. Never been there before.
    cjcampbell, m0de25, q649 and 3 others like this.
    06-10-13 11:01 AM
    We don't give a $h17 to the dma right now. We met our target already - big day !
    Now we can breathe; take care and be back soon !!!
    Ok, I meant "it's not important" lol. Here you go boss+8 !
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-10-13 11:02 AM
    Good to hear from YOU!

Take your time and get well!
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-10-13 11:03 AM
    good to hear from you Morgan, your presence alone has rallied the stock!! I wonder what will happen when you are back for good

In response to someone's question. No matter how good the ER, there will be something the shorts will grab onto to prove that their position is correct.

It just depends on how big and substantial this.

For example the 3 mil loss of subs was big enough last time. Even if we lose subs again this quarter i dont care personally, the business model has changed. Hardware now produces high enough margin, they could drop half their subs and still operate at a profit. (not looked at figures, just making outrageous claims)
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-10-13 11:11 AM
    Shorting BlackBerry Is 'For The Birds' - BlackBerry

Interesting article

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1489...-for-the-birds

... and a very good comment about the misconception that Shorts are bullet-proof with call options - which is not true: in fact approx. 90% of the shorts don't have that & are exposed to limitless losses.

dfedak Comments (16)

While you make some great comments Mr. Blair, and I do agree this will not be a "short squeeze a la Volkswagen", it is quite a stretch to state that those shorting BlackBerry have ALL sold calls / puts. In fact, if all call options currently written were to be attributed to those shorting the stock, it would ONLY account for 10% of the shorts!
    Thus I agree with you: "squeeze a la Volkswagen" likely not. Squeeze a la TESLA, Yes! If we include those that shorted from both the TSX in addition to those on the NASDAQ, we have approx ~180M shares sold short. Excluding Watsa's and Prem's holdings from the float, we have approx 485M shares for the free float.
    180M / 450M = 40%
    Note: this is the same short interest % TSLA had before it it's share price tripled. Let me reiterate - there IS a world of hurt waiting for any major short seller of BBRY in the event of a major positive catalyst, major earnings surprise etc.

The signs are there for your to read.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    06-10-13 11:11 AM
    For example the 3 mil loss of subs was big enough last time. Even if we lose subs again this quarter i dont care personally, the business model has changed.
    I agree, but the shorts will try to convince people otherwise. The BB Legacy subscriptions are the only ammo they have left to artificially keep the price down.
    bungaboy and kfh227 like this.
    06-10-13 11:18 AM
    Wonderful to hear from you Morgan.

Send our thanks to the little robot surgeon

Looking forward to having you back.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 11:20 AM
    Questions for you guys:

I was going to call my online broker this past Friday for this same reason. Just before I could write the message, though, I got an e-mail from Schwab with links to my voting materials and documents. I can vote electronically until midnight right before the meeting. It was a relief to get this confirmation my shares were not sold short. Still plowing through the annual report. Good luck with getting info from CIBC.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-10-13 11:22 AM
    Shorting BlackBerry Is 'For The Birds' - BlackBerry

Interesting article

Shorting BlackBerry Is 'For The Birds' - Seeking Alpha

... and a very good comment about the misconception that Shorts are bullet-proof with call options - which is not true: in fact approx. 90% of the shorts don't have that & are exposed to limitless losses.

dfedak Comments (16)

While you make some great comments Mr. Blair, and I do agree this will not be a "short squeeze a la Volkswagen", it is quite a stretch to state that those shorting BlackBerry have ALL sold calls / puts. In fact, if all call options currently written were to be attributed to those shorting the stock, it would ONLY account for 10% of the shorts!
    Thus I agree with you: "squeeze a la Volkswagen" likely not. Squeeze a la TESLA, Yes! If we include those that shorted from both the TSX in addition to those on the NASDAQ, we have approx ~180M shares sold short. Excluding Watsa's and Prem's holdings from the float, we have approx 485M shares for the free float.
    180M / 450M = 40%
    Note: this is the same short interest % TSLA had before it it's share price tripled. Let me reiterate - there IS a world of hurt waiting for any major short seller of BBRY in the event of a major positive catalyst, major earnings surprise etc.

The signs are there for your to read.

Posted via CB10
    Has anyone attempted to placed themselves into the shoes of the shorts? Assuming that they are acting rationally just like us longs, what is the catalyst in their analysis to profit from their short position?

Here are some of my random thoughts...

1. BBRY can't go to zero as the company has no debt.
    2. BBRY will not be bought out by anyone besides a North American company due to security issues.
    3. Existing BIS users adopting BB10 will result in BBRY receiving little to no service revenues from BIS in the future and BBRY becomes a hardware company.
    4. Android will take all of the low end market and BBRY will have to fight for market share with IOS and Samsung.
    5. If BBRY were to liquidate its business, it is likely to receive more in cash per share than its existing price per share.
    06-10-13 11:35 AM
    Looking to increase my position again today. Will add if we go back to 14.17 on the TSX.

It will bring my total average purchase price to 15.64 from the starting 18.12
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-10-13 11:39 AM
    This guy just announced on Fast Money that he has a short position on both BBRY and NOK and long AAPL. He ownes a Tiger Fund, I sure hope they will get burned.

Glen Kacher | LinkedIn
    06-10-13 11:46 AM
    Up next on CNBC: Managing a losing trade on Blackberry.

Wonder if the losing trade is someone who is short..

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper and CDM76 like this.
    06-10-13 11:54 AM
    Great to hear from you M8...glad your feeling better!
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-10-13 11:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hahah... Doubt it. They probably got **** from their supporters for giving the Q10 positive feedback last week. lol. Now they have to go and say "oh ya... this is a losing trade so avoid it and sell what you've got"
    zyben and bungaboy like this.
    06-10-13 11:56 AM
    Hillary Clinton is now on twitter and she has the best avatar, checking her BB.

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton
    06-10-13 11:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    It was Steve Weiss talking about making money getting in around $8 and sold and then back in at $15 and recently sold off his position as he sees BBRY as a spec play now but believes there is a market for a full keyboard and bbry will do great with it.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-10-13 11:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    The losses will be epic.

Amazing. That dude is basically betting the bank on apple

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 12:02 PM
    I sure hope apple fails to impress the market at WWDC, more fluff and no substance.
    06-10-13 12:03 PM
    Hillary Clinton is now on twitter and she has the best avatar, checking her BB.

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-08311ec4104ec3c3d13fd15f57a292d7.jpeg
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-10-13 12:11 PM
    I sure hope apple fails to impress the market at WWDC, more fluff and no substance.
    We shall see. Watching it now

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 12:13 PM
113,252 ... 12341235123612371238 ...