View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Have a look at this chart. It's from someone on StockTwits. I believe there were more than just me here on Friday who were thinking the same. This hasn't been a pretty month and our attempts at rallying have faded again and again.

It supports what I've been saying about a longer deeper fall than seen in March and April. It's too long with no news that hurts us.

Hopefully, after some of the positive articles this weekend we can climb for real. Better yet, maybe we'll get a pre-release announcement.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-original_14007557.jpg  
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 06-09-13 at 06:44 PM.
    Acumenight likes this.
    06-09-13 06:13 PM
    My thinking for the share price is pretty boring up to the ER, hopefully not sinking too much, and then getting a nice boost at ER. A new base of $16 should be a realistic wish.
    06-09-13 06:27 PM
    Have a look at this chart. It's from someone on StockTwits. I believe there were more than just me here on Friday who were thinking the same. This hasn't been a pretty month and our attempts at rallying have faded again and again.

Hopefully, after some of the positive articles this weekend we can climb for real. Better yet, maybe we'll get a pre-release announcement.
    Fonts too small. Couldnt read any notation on that graph.
    06-09-13 06:28 PM
    Fonts too small. Couldnt read any notation on that graph.
    Try this:

http://charts.stocktwits.net/product...png?1370815273
    06-09-13 06:35 PM
    Looks like the Highs are getting lower and the lows are getting higher, what will happen when the pennant gets resolved? It can't keep going like this for too much longer, hopefully it breaks to the upside this time, we are due right? Lol
    06-09-13 06:44 PM
    Exactly ,.. Keep expectations as low as possible. Thor said 0 ... Dumb like a fox ? I am sure he want's the shwhorets jumping out of windows more than all of us combined ... His whole company depends on it... But I realize this , just as everyone else here does , this is only the next battle. I am sure this company will survive but the short position at this point is formidable to say the least. But buddy buddy buddy when this thing pops it will be biblical !
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    06-09-13 07:29 PM
    ROTFL...I got this colleague who bought the S4 when it first came out. Since then he has had it replaced twice for malfunction issues and just this evening his third S4 screwed up and the touch screen won't work. I wonder how many people have had this problem. That's three phones,each one with serious technical problems.
    06-09-13 07:35 PM
    ROTFL...I got this colleague who bought the S4 when it first came out. Since then he has had it replaced twice for malfunction issues and just this evening his third S4 screwed up and the touch screen won't work. I wonder how many people have had this problem. That's three phones,each one with serious technical problems.
    Sucks for him but glad to hear it happens to others as well and it's not just a BlackBerry thing.

Posted via CB10
    Charles Martin1 and CDM76 like this.
    06-09-13 07:43 PM
    I'm watching NBA Finals in US now. So far there have been car commercials and tech commercials. I've seen Microsoft Surface, Microsoft Tablet and the iPhone. I'd really like to see a good Blackberry commercial before the end of this. BBRY was on a lot of the College March Madness Tournament games. But this is an even bigger audience.
    Of course I'm not sure that BBRY's commercials are all that good. But they should get something out there before the end of this game. With the Q10 in the middle of launching in the US, this is a perfect opportunity.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    06-09-13 08:11 PM
    I disagree with that. I don't know of ANY publicly owned company that doesn't give guidance. Why else would anyone invest? Surely not because of individual beliefs. I know I wouldn't.

Fairfax
    Berkshire Hathaway
    Leucadia

Some of the best capital allocators in the world don't give guidance. Guidance is Wall Street crack. We tend to prefer a business that doesn't give it as it is typically bid up on future events that have not occured.... making the stock expensive.

Powered by QNX
    Lehomer, bungaboy, INTz and 1 others like this.
    06-09-13 08:43 PM
    Well I've also caught two GS4 commercials and one for iRobot. I can't say I'm watching all the ads, but there certainly seems to be a bunch of tech ads. So where is Blackberry?
    Acumenight likes this.
    06-09-13 08:56 PM
    BBRY gave guidance at the last ER. They do so at every ER. Don't be silly.
    That's what I thought. And I thought they said near $0.00 for earnings. They did not provide any advance "earnings warnings" that would be provided if earnings are going to be well above or below expectations. If they do provide a warning it should have happened late last week. It still could occur, but if you hear nothing on Monday or tuesday, there probably won't be any warnings.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    06-09-13 09:09 PM
    Well I've also caught two GS4 commercials and one for iRobot. I can't say I'm watching all the ads, but there certainly seems to be a bunch of tech ads. So where is Blackberry?
    Do you think BlackBerry will target the broad consumer audience before their full BB10 device lineup is available ? I'm of the mind that they may target only select audiences until Xmas.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    06-09-13 09:10 PM
    I see in StockTwits that some are still expecting a pre - earnings announcement about a profit. However, I recall someone here saying that we should have heard that by this past Saturday if they were to do so at all.
    That was me. Generally, earnings warnings come about 20 days before earnings are reported. So, if it doesn't happen early next week, it won't happen.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    06-09-13 09:19 PM
    That's what I thought. And I thought they said near $0.00 for earnings. They did not provide any advance "earnings warnings" that would be provided if earnings are going to be well above or below expectations. If they do provide a warning it should have happened late last week. It still could occur, but if you hear nothing on Monday or tuesday, there probably won't be any warnings.
    Ok let's set this straight. They give guidance at the quarterly report for the next quarter. THEY GIVE NO GUIDANCE INBETWEEN REPORTS, PERIOD.

They announced this over a year ago, formally

BlackBerry does not and will not give a earnings warning or comment on rumours.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 09:35 PM
    was on a lot of the College March Madness Tournament games. But this is an even bigger audience.
    Sorry to be Mr. Picky, but the NCAA tournament does twice the viewers and revenue of the NBA playoffs.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-09-13 09:40 PM
    Looks like there will be a little BlackBerry exposure next Sunday. They are sponsoring the MMVA's.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 09:42 PM
    Fairfax
    Berkshire Hathaway
    Leucadia

Some of the best capital allocators in the world don't give guidance. Guidance is Wall Street crack. We tend to prefer a business that doesn't give it as it is typically bid up on future events that have not occured.... making the stock expensive.