View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Agree 100%...incremental growth, quarter by quarter with some impressive dollars put in the bank is key.

Fantastic race too...should have gone!

Posted via CB10
    Yup. Watching it too. Making me feel bad though because it's a gorgeous day and I really shouldn't be spending it on my couch. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 01:59 PM
    Why BlackBerry Could Announce Over $650 Million in Net Profit on June 28, 2013 | The Gadget Masters

Ca-ching!!!

This is what we need to see more of...

Brought to you by your neighborhood troll..
    Just like I tend to ignore articles by the overly negative bears, I also tend to ignore any sales speculation by The Gadget Masters, as he is overly pro BlackBerry. I'm pro BlackBerry as well (and I have shares), but I'm trying my best to be unemotional with this trade. I (like many here) believe that the market is overly bearish BBRY, and I'd like nothing better than to see two great quarters in a row with increasing sales.
    06-09-13 02:19 PM
    I'm bullish but 7.4 million BlackBerry 10 units is a little optimistic.

If it was that high they would move some of these to next quarter.

They need consistency and incremental growth for 2 or 3 ERs. High one ER and lower the next will not help anyone .

Posted via CB10
    Yeah but divide his assumptions by two and we're still in great shape. Looking great!
    06-09-13 02:20 PM
    I disagree with that. I don't know of ANY publicly owned company that doesn't give guidance. Why else would anyone invest? Surely not because of individual beliefs. I know I wouldn't.
    They do not give guidance after reporting. This was mentioned over a year ago, you are invested in a company that gives no guidance in between reporting.

Someone here and this emotionally investigation should know this.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 02:24 PM
    They do not give guidance after reporting. This was mentioned over a year ago, you are invested in a company that gives no guidance in between reporting.

Someone here and this emotionally investigation should know this.

Posted via CB10
    BBRY gave guidance at the last ER. They do so at every ER. Don't be silly.
    06-09-13 02:30 PM
    http://m.business-standard.com/wapne...ge_content.php

"All said and done, the QWERTY keyboard on the Q10 is possibly the best in the current range. And combined with the intuitive BB10.1, makes for a killer workhorse."
    06-09-13 02:35 PM
    http://m.business-standard.com/wapne...ge_content.php

"All said and done, the QWERTY keyboard on the Q10 is possibly the best in the current range. And combined with the intuitive BB10.1, makes for a killer workhorse."
    Yep! And remember... how often do you see a high profile, chief big wig sporting a competitor's product? Must say something...

Google's Eric Schmidt: Why I love my BlackBerry | Technically Incorrect - CNET News
    Last edited by m0de25; 06-09-13 at 03:20 PM.
    CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    06-09-13 02:50 PM
    Yeah but divide his assumptions by two and we're still in great shape. Looking great!
    Agreed. Still 3 to 4 mil units will beat the street, that is all they need. I am guessing that management already know roughly what their bb10 sales for the year will be based on extrapolation. This is why they have staggered the device releases and countries they are released in.

The other option would have been to release Q10, Q5 and Z10 around the same time globally, take a big hit to cash have a stellar quarter then watch it all decline in the coming quarters.

I think we can all agree they made the correct decision

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-09-13 02:56 PM
    Agreed. Still 3 to 4 mil units will beat the street, that is all they need. I am guessing that management already know roughly what their bb10 sales for the year will be based on extrapolation. This is why they have staggered the device releases and countries they are released in.

The other option would have been to release Q10, Q5 and Z10 around the same time globally, take a big hit to cash have a stellar quarter then watch it all decline in the coming quarters.

I think we can all agree they made the correct decision

Posted via CB10
    For sure.
    06-09-13 03:12 PM
    Sorry Charles, they didn't, I mean nothing more than direction, but no number.

Posted via CB10
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    06-09-13 03:24 PM
    Oh never mind
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-09-13 03:33 PM
    Cheers guys, time to sleep !

Posted via CB10
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    06-09-13 03:39 PM
    Outlook

"The Company will be increasing its marketing investment in the first quarter of fiscal 2014 in support of the global launch of BlackBerry 10. Including the anticipated 50% sequential increase in marketing spending, the Company believes it will approach breakeven financial results in the first quarter based on its lower cost base, more efficient supply chain, and improved hardware margins."

Granted it wasn't sexy but that was their guidance last ER. Breakeven is $0.00.
    06-09-13 03:39 PM
    OK you got me....you're a bipolar troll. Up and down like a yo-yo but certainly talking the stock down on another message board. What is the definition....Manipulator? Keep working it all weekend because you have absolutely no power to manipulate. But you may have an effect on some weak hands here on this board. Beware of Gold plated diapers that is all.

Why BlackBerry Could Announce Over $650 Million in Net Profit on June 28, 2013 | The Gadget Masters

Ca-ching!!!

This is what we need to see more of...

Brought to you by your neighborhood troll..
    Markymark 23 likes this.
    06-09-13 03:57 PM
    OK you got me....you're a bipolar troll. Up and down like a yo-yo but certainly talking the stock down on another message board. What is the definition....Manipulator? Keep working it all weekend because you have absolutely no power to manipulate. But you may have an effect on some weak hands here on this board. Beware of Gold plated diapers that is all.
    ???

I was asking what people thought about stock movement. Then again, I just remembered that in your mind if a person isn't blindly yelling rally, rally, rally they're a troll.

Are you a stalker or something?

Strange...welcome to my ignore.
    matthewriedle likes this.
    06-09-13 04:32 PM
    I'm amazed at how some people think they can move the stock price from speaking on this or any other thread. Bizarre.
    06-09-13 04:39 PM
    Umm, silly?, try a little reading for comprehension.

They give guidance when they do their quarterly reports only. I am neither silly nor illiterate. You?

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 04:55 PM
    Anyone here find Miseck's last article seems to indicate a mediocre June ER?
    I agree. The tone was a bit more negative than usual. He basically said that the street expects 3 million phones and that he thinks it will me 3+ million. That doesn't sound like confidence..

Posted via CB10
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    06-09-13 05:13 PM
    I agree. The tone was a bit more negative than usual. He basically said that the street expects 3 million phones and that he thinks it will me 3+ million. That doesn't sound like confidence..

Posted via CB10
    I'll reiterate.... Misek has never been a strong proponent of the hardware side. He is all about the long term viability of the high margin software side. He has only been piping up on hardware stuff because that's what has been concentrated on by everyone else and he, I assume, wants to give a short term validation to his $22 price target.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 05:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. He isn't saying 4 million + and that kind of talking is what is worrisome to me. However, I'll not say anything more on it, other than it's not a very strong endorsement from a buy-side analyst.
    06-09-13 05:31 PM
    Umm, silly?, try a little reading for comprehension.

They give guidance when they do their quarterly reports only. I am neither silly nor illiterate. You?

Posted via CB10
    I have cut and paste the guidance above. It's nothing fancy but they plan to break even.
    06-09-13 05:34 PM
    Exactly. He isn't saying 4 million + and that kind of talking is what is worrisome to me. However, I'll not say anything more on it, other than it's not a very strong endorsement from a buy-side analyst.
    I will say one more thing. If they do only sell 3-4 million phones, yet turn a decent profit, he remains right and can continue to remain relevant. If they sell far more, his argument not only holds water, but adds to his bullish stance. It is a calculating decision he has made and could aid in his reputation of not just spuing numbers for the sake of his position.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 05:37 PM
    I will say one more thing. If they do only sell 3-4 million phones, yet turn a decent profit, he remains right and can continue to remain relevant. If they sell far more, his argument not only holds water, but adds to his bullish stance. It is a calculating decision he has made and could aid in his reputation of not just spuing numbers for the sake of his position.

Posted via CB10
    It just seems so incredibly low. In the first week of the quarter they bragged about a 1 million phone order. So my thinking is for the next 12 weeks they should do much, much more than sell an additional two million. Given all of the countries they're selling the Z10 in and then the release of the Q10 in between they should possibly sell 5-6 million.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic or he's being too conservative.
    06-09-13 05:47 PM
    I see in StockTwits that some are still expecting a pre - earnings announcement about a profit. However, I recall someone here saying that we should have heard that by this past Saturday if they were to do so at all.
    06-09-13 05:56 PM
    It just seems so incredibly low. In the first week of the quarter they bragged about a 1 million phone order. So my thinking is for the next 12 weeks they should do much, much more than sell an additional two million. Given all of the countries they're selling the Z10 in and then the release of the Q10 in between they should possibly sell 5-6 million.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic or he's being too conservative.
    If I were a bull analyst I'd much rather have the numbers come in higher than my estimate as my price target would be more realistic if they did. As for the million device order, we don't know over what time frame it is to be filled. We just know that an order for that many devices was placed. I'm not being pessimistic but also would much rather keep my expectations in check than be disappointed when the numbers don't meet my lofty guess.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 06:03 PM
113,256 ... 12291230123112321233 ...