View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'm not a troll. Just debating aloud where we may go.

So, if we ask a question or make a comment that isn't skewed ultra positive like you, then we're a troll???

Grow up.
    CDM76, q649 and sparkaction like this.
    06-09-13 11:47 AM
    I'm hoping the margins jump appreciably higher with the drag from the BB7 phones subsiding some with their dwindling sales. Moreover, I hope that the Z10 sales haven't slipped too much. That would probably provide some fodder for the short dogs and allow them to keep control of the share price.

We need some VERY positive ER news that removes any doubt in the company's turnaround. If it falls short in any area more than expected, we could see a December ER situation again. TBH, that is my real worry; especially at this share price.
    06-09-13 11:53 AM
    I'm hoping the margins jump appreciably higher with the drag from the BB7 phones subsiding some with their dwindling sales. Moreover, I hope that the Z10 sales haven't slipped too much. That would probably provide some fodder for the short dogs and allow them to keep control of the share price.

We need some VERY positive ER news that removes any doubt in the company's turnaround. If it falls short in any area more than expected, we could see a December ER situation again. TBH, that is my real worry; especially at this share price.
    I don't think that they'll be separating the Z and Q numbers. I think it will be simply grouped in bb10 and legacy shipments so not so sure we'll get any idea of how each individual device is holding up on its own.

Posted via CB10
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    06-09-13 11:58 AM
    I think Heinz is perfect for this company. I know everyone want's a steve jobs but really who would you rather have Heinz or Basillie? Heinz or Samsung Korean Guy? Heinze or Tim Cook or whoever is at Apple. I think Heinz is very likable AND believeable. I do not believe he has to be the Superstar promoter that everyone wants him to be.

When he talks he sounds positive. He sounds like they are getting alot done. Id rather have someone working hard and coming off as positive, then a liar who can build up a garbage product and company.
    I agree that ultimately he is doing a decent job and can take credit if BB makes it though, but

(1) I'm not saying we need him to be a superstar promoter (although it would be good to have SOME pizazz) but it would be nice for him to step back a bit during these big presenations and let someone more capable actually take the helm and present. The Samsung Korean guy starts off the presentation and lets the production take over as it is not his strong suit.
    (2) I think people are giving him way too much credit for some of the concepts coming out of the company as if everything was his idea. Maybe they think this because he wants to be the presenter as if everything revolves around him

As far as who would you rather, i agree with your examples above but neither Samsung or Apple have their backs up against the wall.
    Last edited by m0de25; 06-09-13 at 12:18 PM.
    06-09-13 11:58 AM
    I think Heinz is perfect for this company. I know everyone want's a steve jobs but really who would you rather have Heinz or Basillie? Heinz or Samsung Korean Guy? Heinze or Tim Cook or whoever is at Apple. I think Heinz is very likable AND believeable. I do not believe he has to be the Superstar promoter that everyone wants him to be.

When he talks he sounds positive. He sounds like they are getting alot done. Id rather have someone working hard and coming off as positive, then a liar who can build up a garbage product and company.
    He has successfully turned the boat around and tightened up the leaks to the point that we have a solid company. The trick now is to make sure consumers see value in the products. This is perhaps the hardest challenge. Slowing Z10 sales does have me somewhat concerned, and TBH if it hadn't been Miseck saying it I wouldn't have believed it.
    06-09-13 12:12 PM
    He has successfully turned the boat around and tightened up the leaks to the point that we have a solid company. The trick now is to make sure consumers see value in the products. This is perhaps the hardest challenge. Slowing Z10 sales does have me somewhat concerned, and TBH if it hadn't been Miseck saying it I wouldn't have believed it.
    Yep, I call TROLL!
    06-09-13 12:15 PM
    The "slowing sales" is not a fact but a speculation. He is going off his data just like the bears are going off of theirs. We don't know how the sales are and all we hear from both sides is pure speculation. Also, after 4 months in Canada and the UK, I would expect slower sales than in the first month or two. It's like that with all new phones.... fast out the gate and slowing up until the next one gets released.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 12:18 PM
    I don't think that they'll be separating the Z and Q numbers. I think it will be simply grouped in bb10 and legacy shipments so not so sure we'll get any idea of how each individual device is holding up on its own.

Posted via CB10
    That's a really good point. More grey in that area the better. I'd really like to see 5 million plus BB10 devices shipped / sold and as many BB7s. Actually, more BB10s than BB7s sold would be preferable at this stage, plus some solid per phone BlackBerry store sales.

Perhaps my expectations have been too high?
    matthewriedle likes this.
    06-09-13 12:19 PM
    That's a really good point. More grey in that area the better. I'd really like to see 5 million plus BB10 devices shipped / sold and as many BB7s. Actually, more BB10s than BB7s sold would be preferable at this stage, plus some solid per phone BlackBerry store sales.
    Exactly. In the end, who gives a **** how many of each model is selling as long as the platform as a whole is.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 12:22 PM
    Exactly. In the end, who gives a **** how many of each model is selling as long as the platform as a whole is.

Posted via CB10
    ...and profitability AND strong, believable guidance.

I'm also thinking that BES insights should begin to add to the value proposition now. There could be some really good points to make with that to ease the concerns about dwindling BIS.
    06-09-13 12:26 PM
    Perhaps we need a dislike or disagree button here. I'm not a fan of everything that everybody says here either but instead of simply remaining silent on their comments, or inappropriately calling them a troll, a simple dislike or disagree button would do the trick.
    06-09-13 12:33 PM
    06-09-13 12:34 PM
    ...and profitability AND strong, believable guidance.

I'm also thinking that BES insights should begin to add to the value proposition now. There could be some really good points to make with that to ease the concerns about dwindling BIS.
    Well yes. I was taking that as a given as strong sales of the platform will, in turn, generate higher margins and profitability. As for guidance, I thought it was stated by the others on Friday that they were no longer giving it?

The only plus side I see to the BES numbers is the added CALS should they apply to this ER. We've heard of plenty of addoptions of BES10 but how many of those are simply upgrades? On the other side, why would they adopt it if they hadn't upgraded their hardware at the Se time as it doesn't support legacy devices.

There are so many ways one can take the information at hand and this is why I am not worrying about it until we get the numbers. As others have stated, this, for me anyway, wasn't a purchase for a six month quick buck, but a long term, high growth investment.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-09-13 12:37 PM
    IRS can read your emails, texts, DMs, chats without a warrant

This is one reason people prefer BlackBerry...
    CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    06-09-13 12:39 PM
    Interesting I just did a google trend research and it seems like the Z10 search results are just as strong as the q10 AND they are both pretty even in the last 7 days.

For me thats good we need Z10 to have good or better search results for the consumer market. Seeing as Businesses will make up a pretty good number for the q10
    06-09-13 12:41 PM
    I disagree with that. I don't know of ANY publicly owned company that doesn't give guidance. Why else would anyone invest? Surely not because of individual beliefs. I know I wouldn't.
    06-09-13 12:41 PM
    Z10 being out as long as it has I think slowing sales would be expected just like any other phone. I think the price will come down which should boost more retail sales (as it's going to be the mid range device) and then as we see BES come out of trials and implemented we will see an uptick. I also think BB planned for it as the A10 is going to be the flagship. I think we are good for ongoing bb10 sales but I am really anxious to hear lots of BES announcements as we go forward.

It's going to be a good few months IMO. We'll see
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-09-13 12:42 PM
    I believe guidance was provided in the last ER report, stating that this quarter should be profitable enough to pay for 50 percent increases in marketing expenditure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using CB Forums mobile app
    bungaboy and Charles Martin1 like this.
    06-09-13 12:44 PM
    Z10 being out as long as it has I think slowing sales would be expected just like any other phone. I think the price will come down which should boost more retail sales (as it's going to be the mid range device) and then as we see BES come out of trials and implemented we will see an uptick. I also think BB planned for it as the A10 is going to be the flagship. I think we are good for ongoing bb10 sales but I am really anxious to hear lots of BES announcements as we go forward.

It's going to be a good few months IMO. We'll see
    I believe that S4 sales have already fallen off markedly.
    06-09-13 12:45 PM

Perhaps my expectations have been too high?
    It's not about our expectations being too high, it's the streets very very low expectations. A mediocre ER to us is going to beat 90% of the analysts expectations.

We good.
    06-09-13 12:45 PM
    I disagree with that. I don't know of ANY publicly owned company that doesn't give guidance. Why else would anyone invest? Surely not because of individual beliefs. I know I wouldn't.
    Like I said, it was stated by someone else on Friday. I believe it was BThunder but can't be sure. I thought they would and did but I also haven't gone back to research to find anything material to back it up or dispute it.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 12:47 PM
    Why BlackBerry Could Announce Over $650 Million in Net Profit on June 28, 2013 | The Gadget Masters

Ca-ching!!!

This is what we need to see more of...

Brought to you by your neighborhood troll..
    06-09-13 12:48 PM
    Slowing Z10 sales does have me somewhat concerned, and TBH if it hadn't been Miseck saying it I wouldn't have believed it.
    I also have more faith in his predictions compared to many others, but not much more. They are mostly based on guesstimates.

Posted via CB10
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    06-09-13 12:53 PM
    Why BlackBerry Could Announce Over $650 Million in Net Profit on June 28, 2013 | The Gadget Masters

Ca-ching!!!

This is what we need to see more of...

Brought to you by your neighborhood troll..
    I'm bullish but 7.4 million BlackBerry 10 units is a little optimistic.

If it was that high they would move some of these to next quarter.

They need consistency and incremental growth for 2 or 3 ERs. High one ER and lower the next will not help anyone .

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 01:17 PM
    Agree 100%...incremental growth, quarter by quarter with some impressive dollars put in the bank is key.

Fantastic race too...should have gone!

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 01:56 PM
113,256 ... 12281229123012311232 ...